Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Many of the vehicle specific topics have discussions relating to squeaks, vibrations and rattles. Visit topics related to your vehicle and use the search feature. If you tell us what the make and model are we can direct you to where you should go.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Congratulations and welcome aboard!

I am assuming you have found the Land Rover topics. If you find a topic that you want to add a thread to, do it just like you did here! If your issue does not relate to any of the existing topics then you can use the "Add a discussion" link on the Land Rover page.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jdrickjdrick Member Posts: 3
    Where should I post a question on possible transmission issue for my son's recently purchased 2004 Santa Fe?

Thanks - Rick :confuse:
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Try one of the discussions listed in the Santa Fe group.
  • drchenomddrchenomd Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE A 1998 CHEVY ASTRO MINIVAN. I NEED TO ADD SOME TRANSMISSION FLUID TO THIS CAR BUT THE MANU DOES NOT SHOW WHERE TO PUT IN. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE.
    Try either GMC Safari/Chevy Astro Transmission Issues or GMC Safari/Chevy Astro.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • lostwrenchlostwrench Member Posts: 288
    Clicking on Jeep Forums, one does not find the Jeep Patriot listed. All the other Jeeps are there.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We have a Patriot group but it doesn't seem to show up in the SUVs list from the Forums landings page. Consider it reported. :shades:
  • bremertongbremertong Member Posts: 436
    2006 Cadillac DTS.
    Try posting your question in Cadillac DTS V-Series. I did a quick search there and didn't see your specific problem addressed.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • bbdollbbdoll Member Posts: 1
    The DTS went into the dealers for an oil change and when it was returned the body on the passenger side was so badly out of line that the door caught the fender and bent it in. The drivers side was also out of line in the opposite direction. Has anyone ever experienced that, and what, short of a collision could cause this?
    You can find out whether other owners have experienced anything similar in Cadillac DTS V-Series.

Paint and Body Maintenance & Repair may also be helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • silverback3silverback3 Member Posts: 5
    I have an 89 Bronco II. After driving for about 15 minutes, the exhaust pops and starts to lose power. If I let it cool back down, it runs fine for 15 minutes (until it's heated back up).
    I've had the ignition module checked, O2 sensor checked, new coil, new computer. Nothing seems to be fixing the problem. Any suggestions?
    Try asking in the Ford Bronco Problems discussion.
  • silverback3silverback3 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks...I posted on that discussion...
  • dodsonardodsonar Member Posts: 2
    This is a silly question...but, where are the spark plugs located on a 2000/2001 Mazda Protege, 4 cylinder, 16 valve, dual over head cam, fuel injected engine? I've search front to back, top to bottom and can not find anything that looks like traditional spark plugs/wires. Please help.
    I know the feeling - I can barely find the sixth one on my Nissan.

Try asking for clues in the Mazda Protege Maintenance and Repair discussion.
  • 200sxowner200sxowner Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1984 Nissan 200SX that recently developed a problem where it occasionally goes into "limp mode". To this point I have changed the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, O2 sensor and even substituted the throttle position sensor and airflow sensor from an earlier model that had been running. Nothing seems to correct the problem and as I understand it there are only two more possibilities, and both are costly. The Ignition Control Module and the ECU. How can I determine which to spend the big bucks on to correct the problem, or is there another possibility. I am 120 miles from a Nissan service center and Checker says there is no way for them to hook-up their diagnostics in this early of a model year. I don't want to scrap it since I just put in a new rebuilt engine some 50K miles ago and it gets great gas mileage (when not in the limp mode).
    Someone in the Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion may be able to help you out.
  • duy_gtduy_gt Member Posts: 3
    my car starts at second gear when i put it in D and it turn very slowly ,so please tell me what wrong with it?
    Please ask for help in the Mitsubishi 3000GT help discussion.

[Edit] Oh, I see you did and no one has responded. In that case try asking in the Transmission Traumas? discussion. Good luck!
  • jimmyjimmy Member Posts: 2
    Is there any info on whether the 08 TL will be a next generation model?
    Go to 2008 Acura TL

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • goldilocks1goldilocks1 Member Posts: 2
    I've tried many of the suggestions in the postings; I can pair the car and treo once. However, as soon as either car or treo is turned off, pairing is lost. Would truly appreciate step by step help in resolving this. Toyota unable to help. Many thanks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Check out Camry Hybrid Phone/Bluetooth Questions and post your question there.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jojogagjojogag Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1990 Jeep Wrangler that keeps stalling out. We upped the idle on it but it still stalls out when coming to stop signs, etc. We had a mechanic adjust something around rhe idle one time and that worked great, but we can't remember what he did and no one seems to know what to do.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    You'll want to ask that in the Jeep Wrangler Maintenance and Repair Questions (up to 1996) discussion :)

kcram - Pickups Host
  • carolina1carolina1 Member Posts: 5
    It doesn't seem to run while the car is running but the other morning it was running and the car was not. The engine was cool. Can anybody tell me what is going on?
    Someone over in the Volkswagen Jetta Engine Questions discussion should be able to tell you if that's an issue or normal behavior (some fans are thermostatically controlled now).
  • yangxyangx Member Posts: 1
    I purchase a 1998 Honda GX from a private party. The car had only 18,000 and I thought it was a great buy! after a month the car started to hesitate and had to have the car inspected by an authorized Honda dealer. They said that I had to replace the injectors and the are asking me to pay $500 a piece for a total around $2,500.00 with service. The explanation of the dealer was this car was built for fleets not for personal purchase. Anyway, I think this is absolutely ridiculous to pay that much for 4 honda civic injectors. By the way I am located in Long beach CA, if anyone can give me some advice it would be great.
    Check out our topic about Honda GX regular service and post your question there.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• johnspritejohnsprite Member Posts: 4
    I recently bought a 88 dynasty le with a little over 100,000 miles. The other day while changing the brakes I noticed that both outer cv boots were torn. Still attached but torn. Although the car makes no clicking sounds on turns, it does make a clunking sound while in reverse and while decelerating. Up until a week ago the car had been stored in a garage for about 5 years and had only been driven about 1000 miles. My question is would replacing the boots with a quick boot replacement be worth it, or would that just be a temp fix and would I be better off just replacing both axles. If I were to replace the boots I would absolutely use the quick fix boot, because if I were to put the originals on, I would do almost as much work as if I were to replace the axles. One more question. If replacing the axles would be better, what other parts would be a good idea to change with the axle. Any seals or maybe even the motor mounts? I appreciate any help in advance. I am sorry if I posted this message in the wrong forum. This is my first post and I am just trying to get any and all help that I can. Once again thanks to everyone in advance.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Got a Quick, Technical Question? is the best place for your query!

kcram - Pickups Host
  • johnspritejohnsprite Member Posts: 4
    Thank you very much kcram for the quick reply. I will post my question there. Thanks again.
  • zuk07zuk07 Member Posts: 3
    Hello this is not about tire size. New to this site. I want to know if anyone knows if a Geo Metro 5 speed transmission or transaxle will fit in my 99 Suzuki Swift?
    I have the trans out and need a good used one only got 176,000 miles out of this one.
    I'd ask in the Chevrolet/Geo Metro discussion since the Swift was a rebadged Metro. Or vice versa.
  • bojanglingusbojanglingus Member Posts: 6
    My lease is ending on my 2004 Acura RSX in one month and I want to purchase and a 2007 Acura TSX. My price to buy the RSX today is $11,706 and the KBB (Good Condition) is $13,640. Is there anyway I can extract the value delta there and use the difference to aid my downpayment for the new TSX?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You might post your question here:

Purchasing at the end of your lease
  • bojanglingusbojanglingus Member Posts: 6
    Thanks!
  • classy2classy2 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to purchase a RX 350 soon w/ Premium Package in Charlotte, NC. I wanted to know if anyone has had experiences with the Lexus dealership here. (i.e. good pricing, deals, etc.)What are people paying here for a 2007 and 2008 in this area. I need some advice as how I should approach it.
    The Lexus RX 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion would be the place to ask.
  • classy2classy2 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks!!!
  • aleutaleut Member Posts: 1
    i have a '2007 miata i'am going to put 17x7 inch wheels on it
    can someone tell as a fact what is the largest tire i can put
    on teh car, and i've seen ads on performandce chips? do they really work... help!!!!
    You'll find other owners in our Mazda Miata group. Have a look at the existing discussions (where you're most likely to get a response), and if there's not one that covers your topic, you can start a new one.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• daniel53daniel53 Member Posts: 9
    Trying to figure how to post as question
    Can't find the text box
    To post a message in a discussion, click the 'Reply' button next to a message you wish to respond to, or go to the last posted message in that discussion to post a new question or response to the general discussion. That is where the form for posting messages is located. (If you are on any other page of a discussion, you will see at the bottom of that page the following: “In order to POST, go to the last page of the discussion.)

There's a bit more in the Help file at the very bottom right of the page.
  • 3800fan13800fan1 Member Posts: 1
    I remember hearing that the 3.4 litre had problems, blown head gaskets if I remember correctly. This was in the late 90's. I am looking at a 2000 Monte Carlo with a 3400 engine. Had GM fixed the problems they had with the 3.4 by 2000?
  • branham7777branham7777 Member Posts: 2
    How do I replace the blowere motor in a 2002 Dodge Caravan?
  • richramrichram Member Posts: 3
    anyone know how to remove & install ignation key cylinder
    hope this goes to the right location
  • mojo13parkavemojo13parkave Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what causes a 1994 buick parkave not to start after running for awhile.But after it sits for a long while then it starts. I belive its a sensor but not sure.If anyone knows, please let me know and where its located at in the car so i can fix it,Thanks, Joe :confuse: