Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Start out in the Chevrolet Monte Carlo group. You may also want to check with the folks in the Chevrolet Impala group since it's the same engine and body-family.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Head over to the Chrysler Town & Country/Dodge Grand Caravan group and there should be a couple of discussions there that can help you out.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Without knowing which GMC model you have, I'd recommend using the "Browse by Vehicle" menu selections in the left margin. Select GMC for "Make", then your specific truck in "Model". You should find a discussion regarding electrical issues for that particular truck.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Two places you can check: Buick Park Avenue Maintenance & Repair or our general "No Start" Problems discussion.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • pancoast07pancoast07 Member Posts: 1
    Where can I find information on deciphering the VIN for this car? I have purchased several chevrolet books but only very general info. IE, 2dr coupe, 68, norwood plant. I would like to know how the car was equipped, eng type@size SS-RS ETC. also the same for the trim code. Local dealer is of no help.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Come see us in the Classic Forum:

Help with VIN Decoding
  • daniel53daniel53 Member Posts: 9
    have a 2000 Mustang GT on which I have put soem 275 tires in the rear. Lattely, I amd getting all kinds of rubbing and grinding noises from the rear end. We opened it up but could not see and broken parts buut did notice some play in the spider gears.
    Any ideas as to what may be causing this?
    or
    Any idea where I can get a 373 rear for this car
    Just got a 2007 2500 and would like to lift it up some so I can put bigger shoes on it. I am looking for some recommendations or warning from people that have gone down that road before.

Thanks
    Dan
    Thanks for the help
  • tnbilltnbill Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I'm new to this forum, and was hoping someone could help me make a decision: my 05 Tahoe 4wd 23,000 mi has an annoying hum in the front,most audible at between 40-50 mph,noisiest at 45, when you let off the accelerator,or coast,took it to my dealer,and was told it was the front axle,sounds like a major job,and I am concerned whether to have it (hopefully) fixed,or just live with the noise,dealer said there was a bulletin on this.
    Any one else had this problem? if so,was it corrected? Your comments would be greatly appreciated
    Great site guys !!!! P.S. can you purchase a GM protection plan at any dealership? seems to be very good deals online Thanks again
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Check the topics in Ford Mustang and a visit to Got a Quick, Technical Question? may be worthwhile.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Some of the comments in Suburban Tahoe Vibration Problems sound similar to yours. Also, take a look at the topics in Chevrolet Suburban & Tahoe.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    You want to point your Silverado to the Silverado & Sierra Accessories and Modifications discussion!

kcram - Pickups Host
  • cessuacessua Member Posts: 1
    Hi, i drive an Audi TT 1.8 5speed manual with NO quattro. Yesterday i was driving it and all of a sudden the transmission was not working anymore. I can press the clutch although it makes a 'friction' noise and i can put in gears, but the car won't move. Up until now the clutch has never slip. When this happened there was some oil leaking which i don't know if it could be the brakes oil that powers the clutch. The car is at the dealership and i haven't been able to check the fluids. Any ideas of what could be and ball park price to repair?image
    Audi TT: Transmission Questions looks like a good place to ask!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • bobbitybobbity Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to know how to reset the chage oil soon light. Where is it?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try asking in the Saturn Maintenance & Repair discussion.
  • pleonepleone Member Posts: 1
    I need to reprogram a new remote key for a 2003 hydunai sonata. I need to locate the central locking signal control module. Is it under the dashboard or under the hood?
  • dottiemcdottiemc Member Posts: 1
    At last, now I can ask someone - My husband passed away and in cleaning out the sheds and barn and garage I ran across about 12 to 14 pieces of chrome that came from a 1957 Chev. Now what do I need to do sell this and where do I go or advertise. Please and thank you. dotmcmurray@aol.com
    Dottie. :)
  • susant62susant62 Member Posts: 3
    I was just told by my Ford service dept. that Ford no longer makes a part for the 1997 Ford Contour. It is #F8RZ-14489-ZB. It supplies power to the two brake lights. Where can I find one? He doesn't believe he will locate one so my car will now be undriveable (since it won't pass inspection). Is there anything that can be used instead of it? Please direct me to the correct forum if this is not the place to post it. THANKS!!!
    I'd try posting in the Hyundai Sonata Maintenance and Repair discussion. The Hyundai Sonata 2005 and earlier discussion may be helpful too.
    Hi Dottie, try asking in the Auto collectibles and paraphenalia... discussion.
    We don't have any active Contour/Mystique/Mondeo discussions. There is recent talk about the Contour over in the Midsize Sedans 2.0 discussion, and one of the members there may be able to help.

Otherwise, try asking in Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy. Oh, try the Finding a Salvage Yard discussion too.

Another host may have a better suggestion - Good luck!
  • nikianinikiani Member Posts: 2
    My suggestion would be to first of all read the bulletin first and foremost and then secondly NOT to "live with the noise"...as it will affect other parts on your vehicle and cost you more money in the long run.A CV axle is not that big of a deal and is more cost efficient then replacing your entire front end by "just living with the noise" Try taking it to a smaller respectable shop where they will be able to honest work for you.If you are concerned about a second opinion,most places will do that for free and I promise you that in the long run you will be happier and know that you have a safe vehicle to drive.
  • nikianinikiani Member Posts: 2
    I own a 1991 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 4WD and am wondering if the body parts from a 1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo wil work for mine. I'm pretty sure that they will but am checking to see if anyone has had any experience with this.I don't do so well with body specifics...only mechanical parts....so ANY help would be greatly6 appreciated!! Thanks!
    The best place to start would be Jeep Cherokee.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mikenermikener Member Posts: 2
    I had been looking at the BMW 328XI. I enjoyed everything about the car until I test drove it again on a hot day. The air conditioning was horrible. I test drove another BMW 328XI. The A/C on that car was also not very good. I was told that this problem is common to German cars. Is this true?
  • mikenermikener Member Posts: 2
    I am torn between the BMW328XI, the Audi A4 and the Infinity G35. I am looking for a car that is reliable, has some get up and go, hugs the road and is comfortable to drive. Do any or all of these fit the bill?

Thanks
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hi, welcome! There are several discussions in the 3-Series group that will help you with this, including this one: Audi A4 2.0 AWD vs. BMW 328xi. There are also groups for the A4 and G35 that you'll find helpful. Have a look and see what you think.
  • tnbilltnbill Member Posts: 2
    hey,man thanks for your reply,I am going to get a copy of the bulletin and read, the only thing I have been told so far,on my first visit to dealer (couldn't fix then) , sounded like it was the front axle,maybe gear noise,and that the axle carrier/case was the culprit,wish it was the cv joint, but I did not get that impression ,sounds like a lot of dismantleing and sometimes things get worse after that.I will find out more on Fri of this week,and let you know still have factory warranty left,plus just purc GM Protection Plan Extended Warranty
    Thanks again
  • totowatotowa Member Posts: 14
    Hi,
    I am so confused over sales tax in NJ.

After thorough research over various forums, some people said that sales tax is based on depreciation, not based on monthly payment which includes both depreciation and finance charge.

So if I want sales tax to be included in monthly payment, how do I calculate it?

From based on Lease formula, where do I apply sales tax?

1) Depreciation= (Cap Cost - RV)/36
    2) Interest = (Cap Cost + RV)x MF
    Monthly Payment = (1) + (2)

Thanks in advance
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Take the depreciation.. multiply it by the tax rate..

Then take that number and add it back into the CAP cost, and re-figure the payment with that number included (IOW, the tax is paid upfront, but you can add into cap cost)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ray37ray37 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2003 Toyota 4-Runner Limited. My computerized dash thermometer says it's 94 degrees outside when it's actually 110. Where is the sensor located, and how can this problem be fixed.

Thanks,

Ray
    Try asking other owners hanging out here: Toyota 4Runner. And welcome! :)
  • ray37ray37 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I just did.

Ray
  • melissa8melissa8 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1995 PLymouth Neon with about 60,000 miles on it. Whee! What a loser. At any rate I have a problem. Last summer I dealt with the dreaded head gasket. I replaced the water pump and the timing belt. This summer I have another problem. About a month ago the car started running rough...stuttering when idling, having trouble accelerating (more so with the air con on) etc. Then the check engine light went on. My boyfriend checked the error code and got a 43. So we have chagned the spark plugs, air filter, ignition coil and the fuel filter. So far things get better for about a half a day and then start all over. Hard accelerating when cornering with the air con on seems to be the worst time. Any suggestions? Oh and we used the fuel cleaner stuff too.

Thanks
    Check the topics in the Dodge/Plymouth Neon group. You can get some ideas in the main Dodge/Plymouth Neon topic and Dodge/Plymouth Neon: fuel or starting problem or Dodge-Plymouth Neon: Starting/Stalling may prove helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • inksterinkster Member Posts: 2
    where is the speed sensor on a hyundai gx300?
    Do you mean the Hyundai XG300 and XG350? If so, try posting in the discussion at that link. The XG platform was shared by the Amanti, so you may want to check in Kia Amanti 2006 and earlier too.

Or maybe you have a Hyundai Sonata?

Too many models out there! :confuse:
  • pops968pops968 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 87 Ford RV with a 460 cu in engine. Everytime I turn left either at a corner or on a curve clouds of blue smoke blows out through the exhaust pipe. Doesn't do it when I turn right or go straight, just when I turn left. Anyone have any ideas on what's wrong. Thanks in Advance.

Dave
    Try asking in the Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion.
  • helaynahelayna Member Posts: 2
    My dealer has offered the following deal:
    2007 BMW X3 in Alpine White with Sand Beige Leatherette and equipped with auto transmission, heated steering wheel and front seats as well as privacy glass. MSRP is $40025. The current "price" is $39325. Money factor appears to be .00255, term is 36 months with 10K miles. They have me paying $5300 at signing ($450 is security dep.). Taxes are listed as $3683 - our sales tax rate here is 7.55%. The monthly lease payment is $448.23. I want to pay nothing down and negotiate to a net capital price of $38000 or pay $1000 down for a net capital price of $37000. I cannot understand why the need for the $5300 down - it doesn't add up. What are they doing?????
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Try our BMW X3 Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• anjanette3anjanette3 Member Posts: 1
    Over the last 3 weeks the ac unit has been blowing cold air intermittently. For the past couple of days the blower hasn't been working. Could this be because of a fuse or ac fan or what?
    I'd ask in the Chevrolet Impala Climate Control/AC/Heater discussion.
  • vietlee8vietlee8 Member Posts: 3
    would anyone like to help me figure how to change your topic question from read only to ppl that can answer it?
    You should get some responses to your question in the Infiniti G35 Prices Paid discussion so stay tuned to that forum.
    Where do you have a read-only topic? Like Steve said, your post in G35 Prices Paid should get some responses, but I'm curious about the read-only topic you mention?
  • vietlee8vietlee8 Member Posts: 3
    yes thats what ive done but im am here waiting for a reply. Thanks for your help anyways
    That was some host housekeeping Pat. :shades: