Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    That's incredibly low mileage for a vehicle that's almost 30 years old!

The Custom Deluxe is aka Sierra so you may want to try some of those discussions such as GMC Sierra Prices Paid and Buying Experience. You may also be interested in Classic? Collectible? Special Interest? Just Old?.

Good luck!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Dave, also stop by Older Chevy and GMC C/K Series (20+ years) General Discussion.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • dave149dave149 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you so much. Mileage is the result of once a year camping trip use for most of it's life. 99% of it's life it was also inside a shed so it is pretty "new" for an old vehicle. Thanks again. I will look into the Sierra and Classic... forums.
  • dave149dave149 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the lead. I looked thru the 17 posted messages.
  • bmejob07bmejob07 Member Posts: 3
    The muffler of my 2002 SE has started leak because of rust. If I replace whole exhaust system it will cost me more than $400. Is there anyone know how to fix it instead of replaceing it? Thanks! :cry:
    I see you found the Ford Focus discussion and asked your question there... good luck getting that muffler issue solved!

kcram - Pickups Host
  • tw_carstw_cars Member Posts: 5
    I'm not sure whether this is the best place to post this, but searching the forums didn't yield anything I thought applied.

Our neighbor is really strapped financially and cannot help her 16 year old daughter get into a car. Since it's a semi-rural area there's not much around their house, and right now the daughter cannot even get to a job to pay for a car.

Some friends and family are prepared to agree to the following deal. The daughter will get a job next summer and we will make sure she has transportation. When she has saved "enough" money, we will match her dollar for dollar to pay cash down for an inexpensive used car - no payments allowed. We will also pay half of each month's insurance. That means she's got to earn enough over the summer to pay for half the car and half a year's worth of insurance, since her mom won't let her work during the school year.

We're trying to figure out if it's even possible for her to earn that much. We suspect she'll have to earn the car next summer and work for insurance the year after.

What I hope to get from the forum is advice on what we should expect to pay for the car. We're looking for the cheapest thing we can get away with, that won't absolutely bankrupt us for repairs and isn't a deathtrap. Any advice on what years/models we should look at would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!
    I suggest asking your question in Best Car for a new teenage driver. You may also find Insuring teenage drivers helpful.

Good luck!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • dondadonda Member Posts: 2
    new memeber help !!
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    The Help link at the bottom of the page should get you started. You can let us know what's on your mind and we can give you a link to the best place to start.
  • dondadonda Member Posts: 2
    hope i can find someone that can help with my problem.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try asking in the "No Start" Problems discussion (I don't think we have an active Colt discussion).
  • tw_carstw_cars Member Posts: 5
    Thank you very much!
  • ahagansahagans Member Posts: 6
    Which is cheaper to lease at this time?
    12K/36mo, auto, base model for easy comparison.

I was leaning toward IS250 since I had $750 certificate for Lexus. But as I did more research, I found out that BMW lease deal is relatively better than Lexus.(due to higher residual and low interest) Is this right?

Should I wait until "decemeber to remember" for special interest or go with BMW now?

Any advice would be helpful to me.
    thanks,
    We don't have a head-to-comparison of leasing between those models but you can get the latest info from other members in BMW 3-Series Lease Questions and Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • pointzeropointzero Member Posts: 6
    I am a new user and not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this question. If it's not, please pardon me.

I am going to buy a new Honda Fit and this is my first car, and I don't know much about cars and how the car insurance works.

My question is if my car is involved in a very bad accident that makes it beyond repair, and I am not at fault, will I be able to claim anything from insurance, and what type of coverage should I have bought to be able to make those claims?

Thanks!
    That sounds like a perfect question for the Questions About Auto Insurance & Accidents discussion. Enjoy the new Fit!
  • rcwittyrcwitty Member Posts: 9
    Hi there, I'm not having a lot of luck getting responses to my requests on the Mazda3 noises page. Is there a general forum where I'm more likely to get a response?

Thanks
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    You posted your question in the right place, just have to give folks a bit more time to see your post.
  • vegas8vegas8 Member Posts: 3
    im having trouble with my 2001 ford focus HELP !!!! just last week this problem started my sister was using my car when she drop of my brother to school it literally turn off on her. She got jumper cables and and the car was fine.. the car started working fine but until next day i went to work everything was fine got home then i was going to use my car again and it didn't turn on my brother gave me jumper cable's i ran the car and it was fine AGAIN !!! then the next day i went out and the car light's started to dim well i pull over and thankfully i got to a parking space and the car turn off..... :mad: my brother AGAIN gave me jumper cables i would drive stop and the car will turn off then again and again until i got home.... My brother says is the battery but others say is the alternator CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME !!!! :)
    Either the battery won't hold a charge because it is old and worn out or the alternator isn't providing charge to the battery. Try the Ford Focus Electrical Problems discussion.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • vacatavacata Member Posts: 2
    I've always been of the opinion that if something is too good to be true, it usually is. That's why I'm suspicious of a leasing company I found on swap-a-lease. It sounds like I can get the Mercedes R350, P1, for $349/mo with $2750 cap reduction. Term is 33 mo with 10K miles. The way it was explained to me was that this lease company gets large discounts from Mercedes if the buyer is affiliated with a large company. They purchase the car from MB (dropping that large company's name), lease it to me, and set up the leasing through MB financial.

It just doesn't feel right to me. But if the leasing is truly through MB financial should that be all that matters (assuming the vehicle I get is the one I want)?

Have you ever heard of such a company? Or is this some scam? Any help/guidance is appreciated.
    Try asking in the General Questions about Leasing Vehicles discussion.
  • abbygayleabbygayle Member Posts: 3
    I'm not sure where to post this. Most advice on pricing for Chrysler Town & Country mini vans that I can find seem to be for new vans. Is there a place where I can post the details of an offer I'd like to make to bounce off of others?

02 T&C LXi 38000 miles. Dealer wants 13999
    Edmunds TMV shows up at about 11,250.

I'm willing to trade in my Mountaineer even with his lowball price.

I'd like to offer 11,250 just as Edmunds TMV shows plus trade-in, but that's well below listed price.

Where can I post this? Thanks
    This may be helpful: Buying Tips - How Do I Get the Best Deal?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • carjimcarjim Member Posts: 155
    The Future Vehicles discussion of the Infiniti EX disappeared Thursday or Friday. Can you find it for me?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Try here, for Infiniti EX discussions..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hunaidhunaid Member Posts: 4
    I JUST BOUGHT A 2007 EXL AND WANT TO GET GPS SYSTEM DOES ANY ONE SUGGEST ME A GOOD QUALITY ONE AND BRAND SO I COULG GET IT INSTSLLED OR WOULD IT IT BETTER TO GET PORTABLE ONE ALSO WHICH DVD SYSTEM IS BETTER TO INSTALL???
    THANKS SAM
    Since you ant an aftermarket unit, try Honda Odyssey Accessories & Modifications. The Honda Odyssey GPS Navigation System is generally for the factory unit, but there may be some ideas in there as well.

P.S. to all: please put the full make/model in your posts so we don't have to track down what you have :)

kcram - Pickups Host
  • bill1840bill1840 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, folks. Can anyone tell me where the Tacoma OBD II port is located in the vehicle (2000, 4 cyl.). Thanks. Bill
    Try asking in the Toyota Tacoma: Problems & Solutions discussion.
  • tzeng865tzeng865 Member Posts: 3
    Hello!

I am a small business owner in California and want to buy a car from another person. What is the process of transfering a title from a person to a business? I couldn't find anything on the California DMV site.

Thanks.
    You'll want to ask in the Questions About Private Sale Transactions discussion.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • hmohtahmohta Member Posts: 4
    hello folks,

I dont know much about cars. Please advise me on my problem:

1993 TOYOTA COROLLA 127K miles car Not starting. it gives a "eehhehheeehhhe" sound but does not start.
    Does not seem to be a problem with the battery coz audio and wipers are working I tired to jump start still it did not work.

Few weeks back there was similar problem to starting the car and the problem went away.
    I have 3 options to take my car to shop:
    Local Toyota Dealer
    Local Firestone Maintainence shop - I do my oil changes here
    An Independent shop which does BMW and other foreign cars, I was referred to this by a friend who has bmw and says he is a good mechanic.

Please help me with your advise on most efficient way ($ + quality ) I can get my car up and running again.
    You may find some help in Toyota Corolla Electrical Issues or Toyota Corolla Fuel System Questions.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Head for Toyota Tacoma Diagnostic Codes

kcram - Pickups Host
  • auboyauboy Member Posts: 1
    need some ideas on repairing the front bumper damaged hitting a tree... minor cracks were caused.. need ideas on repairing cracks... replacing bumper not needed...just repaired.. front headlight cover also damaged... advice on replacing that too. 2005 Ford Taurus is the model of the car.
  • cobra53cobra53 Member Posts: 2
    hey when i crank my car it runs like crap dont ideal right trys to die and burns alot of gas and it will be running fine then just dies all of a sudden any ideas?
  • bvshearzbvshearz Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy a nice used Solara.I like the 04 & 05 models.I'd like to hear from some owners of BOTH the 4 cylinder AND 6 cylinder models.With gas prices going nowhere but higher I'm leaning towards the 4 cyl.However,if there's only 5 mpg.or so less with the 6 cyl.I may buy it.I'm not sure the 4 banger will be enough power for my liking.Please tell me just what your cars gas mileage is,and if you've experienced any problems with your 4 or 6 cyl.motor.
    Bob :confuse:
  • rexhendersonrexhenderson Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2003 Toyota Highlander with automatic transmission that suddenly would not shift into Park this evening coming home from work. It started up fine and shifted fine when I began the drive home.
    Pushing the shift button and shifting any other gear works fine. I am able to force it in and out of Park with an extreme amount of pressure applied with both thumbs to the shift button so as to be able to get my key out of the ignition, but turning the ignition does not start the engine while in Park anymore. Further fiddling I discovered I can start the engine while in Neutral. Any thoughts out there before I take it to the shop? There has been absolutely no idication of any problems before all of this. I changed the oil in my car earlier today, but I had no unusual problems or events doing that.
    Has anyone experienced anything similar?
    Mitsubishi Eclipse Engine Problems would be a good place to start!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    There has been some discussion of mileage issues in the Toyota Solara topic as well as reliability issues.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Highlander Transmission Problems is the right place to visit!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • tomcarr1tomcarr1 Member Posts: 1
    Two days ago I got into my 2003- Toyota Seqouia Limited, Started it up and the TRAC,VSC & Engine indicator lights were on and will not turn off, what's the problem? This is a 4WD Vehicle with the center shift control lever and dash board 4WD buttons. It has always been in the "H" position...where should it be? I have noticed wheel slipping in the wet road conditions and pushed the dashboard 4WD button to adjust to the condition. I reset when wet condition are over. How should I be using these controls for traction, slipping & 4WD. I must be doing somnething wrong. Help!!!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I'd start in the Toyota Sequoia Maintenance and Repair discussion to track down that engine light. Then check the discussion list in that group for the appropriate discussions about your 4WD question
  • vegas8vegas8 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you... :)
  • bvshearzbvshearz Member Posts: 2
    Reliability? With regards to the 4 cyl or 6? Or some other issues?
    If you don't see your specific issues addressed there you can always post a message and find out what other owners have to say.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mcdole66mcdole66 Member Posts: 2
    The headlights on my Kia Sedona will not work with the normal lights on but with the bright lights on they work?

anyone know why? or where I start to look?