Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Would this be it? Predicting future value

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Hmmm... can't seem to locate such a post. If you're referring to Real World Trade-In Values, that's for current (used) value of your vehicle. Edmunds does offer True Cost to own which will give an estimate of your expenses including depreciation.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • oldfashionedoldfashioned Member Posts: 56
    Hi, I work for Ford, and I had a question regarding A plan priceing.

Can I ask for a dealers best price and apply A-PLAN to that? Or is A-PLAN only good off the MSRP?
    Give the Question about Employee Discounts and Incentives discussion a try.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • knox2009knox2009 Member Posts: 1
    How can I find out a car's original list price, no matter the model year?
  • chutistchutist Member Posts: 33
    I ran a few searches but couldn't find a topic on taking over leases. I'm looking for follow up discussions on the this Edmunds article:
    http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/47011/article.html

I'm trying to discover if you take over somebody's lease in California, will DMV make you pay "sales tax". And if so, how do they determine the "value" to tax? I've learned with California DMV it's better to have your "ducks in a row" BEFORE you go in to see them. ;)
    I would give Lease Termination Fees and other costs a try.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    TMV new car prices, used car pricing, used car values at Edmunds will give you the MSRP for most models.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • scemoscemo Member Posts: 2
    I got a Honda Accord three years ago. Only after a couple of months (two and a half years ago), I ran into a curb and damaged the left front wheel, and took it back to my dealer for repair. They replaced the wheel, lower control arm, and rotor. The car had been running fine.
    Just three months ago, I took the car to a different dealer for minor service. The under-vehicle inspection turned out fine.
    Then one month ago, I got involved in a rear-ender for which the other party was 100% responsible. I took the car to my original dealer for repair. After a long month, today they told me they already fixed the damage from the rear-ender. HOWEVER, they said that they found the alignment was not right; there was something wrong with the suspension on the left frontal wheel and it would be more than $1000 to get it fixed because some parts would need to be replaced -- including some parts like the lower control arm that they replaced two and a half years ago). Besides, this alignment problem could not have come from the rear-ender, so basically I would pay for it myself.
    They said that I must have hit something which led to this damage. But for crying out loud I hadn't (a check of the wheel could tell; also the second dealer did not find anything when the car was serviced just three months ago).
    By the way, my car was driving just fine before this rear-ender -- no noise, no pulling whatever.
    I don't know anything about cars. So could anyone tell me what you would do if you were in my shoes?
    Thanks a million!
    Jeff
    I recommend posting your question in Honda Accord: Dealer Service Issues.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • annboomerannboomer Member Posts: 1
    My check engine light came on in my 2000 Toyota Solara. I had it diagnosed and code P0135 was the code that appeared on the computer. That code equates to the O2 sensor, bank 1 (before the catalyst) was bad. I replaced it with a brand new one from the dealer. Now my check engine light is on after only 20 miles. I am now being told it's a circuit malfunction (apparently the circuit connection is not being completed) with the connector that the oxygen sensor plugs into on the vehicle. Does this sound right? Am I able to buy a new connector only?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try asking in the Toyota Solara Care and Maintenance discussion.
  • kellijkellij Member Posts: 1
    My mom is going to need to buy a car in the next few months. I think she'll end up with a Camry (given that's the car she's bought the last 2 times). It's possible she could end up with an Accord.

Is there a time of the year that is the best time for buying a car? I'm also going to need a car in the not-so-distant future and I would love to plan my buying to get the best deal possible. Also, is it better to buy at the end of the month, or does that make a difference?

Thanks!
    Kelli
    In addition to What's the best vehicle for my needs? you should browse through the individual make/model discussions.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • theessenceoflatheessenceofla Member Posts: 8
    where do i ask about "if my used car is a good purchase?"

For:

mazda 3i 2006
    20000 miles
    $12000 price
    Auto transmission, ac etc

nothing fancy? good deal?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Looks like you found a good place to ask. Here's the link in case you need it: theessenceofla, "Purchasing Used Vehicles" #1446, 9 Aug 2008 12:46 pm.
  • kmausskmauss Member Posts: 72
    I haven't been on these boards in awhile, but I posted a new discussion topic on this board yesterday and now I can't find it. :confuse: I wonder if I accidentally put it somewhere else. I checked "my recent posts" and it's not showing up. Can you help me? I'd hate to think there were all these nice people out there replying to me and I'm ignoring them! Thanks! Karen
  • jdubs1017jdubs1017 Member Posts: 17
    My employer will be giving me $600 per month (before taxes) for a car plus insurance. They will pay the gas separately. My question is...what route should I go? I was thinking Acura (used) with low miles...I'll be driving at least 30k per year? I'm so confused! Make? Year? Model? Lease? Own? What? I don't want an SUV!

Thanks! :confuse:
    I'm not seeing any record of a new topic. Nor am I aware of any system failures over the weekend. Do you recall where you posted it?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    What's the best vehicle for my needs? would be a good place to start.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jdubs1017jdubs1017 Member Posts: 17
    Too cumbersome to navigate through thousands of posts...wanted an easier way of looking up others suggestions...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    You don't have to navigate thousands of posts.. Just go to the last page of that discussion, and post the same question you posted here..

Then, check back for responses....

Regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kmausskmauss Member Posts: 72
    Here, I thought. But I don't know. I think I'll just find a thread that my question fits in and try again. Thanks! :)
  • gbr5265gbr5265 Member Posts: 1
    I am 7 months till the end of my lease and am not interested in buying the car, but am interested in an SUV with great incentives right now (GMC Yukon) and am afraid the incentives will not last until March. Does anyone know if you can negotiate with a dealer on price that would include the dealer helping with the final lease payments? (find a price and agree if the dealer is willing to aid in some way the final $xxxx)
    Someone in GMC Yukon Lease Questions may be able to help you.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • holm100holm100 Member Posts: 11
    Does a credit score effect the money factor when leasing a car?
    I recommend posting your question in the Credit Scores and Vehicle Financing discussion.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • debra824debra824 Member Posts: 2
    not sure where to post this, hope its ok, i had got a dodge caliber se (basic,basic model) 2007 when they first came out and had decided to go with a lease. sticker price was 15,000. I had put 3,500 down love the low payment and i do like the car, problem is now my lease is up in march. I know chrysler is not going to offer anymore lease programs and they have sent me a letter to offer me certain "incentives" to turn it in early. my problem is on the lease it says the buyout is around 13,000, which to me is way to high being i already payed 3,500 and plus 27 months at 80.00 a month. what confuses me is on my chrysler financial site the buyout say 11,000. so does anyone know if i can negotatiate the buyout price since i am no longer to lease a different vehicle, or if the actual buyout price normally varies from the lease agreement and chrysler financial. I would like as much info as possible so i know what to say when i go in to negotiate with them, also i would like to know if they are trying to screw me over because the salesman was a tool. sorry for the lengthy post. thank you anyone that can help.:)
    Hi Debra
    That's a perfect question for the Dodge Caliber Lease Questions discussion :)

kcram - Pickups Host
  • palmillapalmilla Member Posts: 1
    WE NEED HELP!. We just purchased a 38 foot RV and wanted a lightweight Hybrid SUV to tow, but not sure where to ask this question. Can you help
    Try posting in the Towing with a hybrid discussion.

There are a half dozen or more "towing" discussions you can find with using the Search Forums tool on the right, and some of those post talk about the SUV being the Toad. Mostly non-hybrid SUVs though, so the powertrain options may not crossover.
  • coco9coco9 Member Posts: 3
    The passenger side marker light burned out on my 2004 RAV4. Went to my manual for instructions to remove and replace. The bulb was not where shown in the manual. Located the outlet, but was not able to get it out. Seemed blocked by side metal. Anyone else had to replace this bulb? Thanks for any and all help. :)
    Try asking in the Toyota RAV4 (pre-2006): Problems & Solutions discussion.
    You'll want to post that question in Toyota RAV4 Maintenance and Repair.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • kmsandrbskmsandrbs Member Posts: 9
    So, I looked around a little, and it seems that different people choose different options when asking the "which should I buy" kind of questions. I see in a post not too far above that you recommend the "which vehicle should I buy" group, but would that hold true if you had narrowed it down to the type, but were looking for more specific feedback?

For us, we know we are going with a used minivan, and we have some ideas in mind (but are open). Which forum would be the best for us to post in (and should it be a new post, or add on to existing ones ... again, it seemed like there was some of each)?

Thanks!
    Your starting place would be the Vans Board. You'll see groups for each make/model, so look through the ones you may be considering. Check the various maintenance forums (engine, braking, stalling, interior, etc.) in each one, and see if any of the problems would concern you.

There are also 2 discussions open for the overall subject:
    Which used minivan should I buy?
    What is the best used van?

kcram - Pickups Host
  • dewssx4dewssx4 Member Posts: 1
    hi i need help in locating the air temparture sensor.i bought a chip from slr performance and the say to splice two wires into this sender.can someone tell me where this sensor is annd what the colors of the wires will be thanks.instructions they sent are not velical specifc :confuse:
    Hi, this is for your Suzuki SX4?

Try SX4 performance parts and Performance Modules and Chips for starters.
  • campioncampion Member Posts: 7
    I'll be leasing a 2009 751i when they come out. based on the 2008 pricing what should i be looking for in acceptable monthly payments .i've already been leasing a bmw . I wont be ordering any options .i'll be picking up the car in florida but will register the car in mass.{5% sales tax}
    BMW 7-Series Lease Questions would be a good place to start.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • kacalapykacalapy Member Posts: 1
    the ml is 620/mnth
    the rx is 570/mnth

are these good deals? both cars have navigation, heated seats and stuff like that...

thank!
  • ereynihcereynihc Member Posts: 4
    I'm not sure where to go?
    A dealer kept a portion of my downpayment after I pulled out of a deal. I never signed the paperwork. It was all done over the phone. I found a better deal and took my bsiness elsewhere. Now he wants to keep a portion of my downpayment.
    Couldn't find anything exact, but this might be a good place... Paperwork for buying, selling, financing and leasing. Obviously, there was some sort of electronic agreement in lieu of paperwork since you paid them some money, so maybe you can ask in that discussion if anything you sent or agreed to is equally binding.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • redhotzzredhotzz Member Posts: 2
    Car suddenly started "bucking" when I stepped on the gas today. It wouldn't go above 2K rpms, but would buck worse. I got home (about 5 miles) without it overheating, but it was leaking WATER from passenger side middle of the engine near AC. I have only one sighted eye and can't see where it is leaking. Anyone know if it would be a hose or the water pump??? (by location) OR what I could check next???
    :cry:
    I would start with Nissan 300ZX Care and Maintenance but you will also want to visit Got a Quick, Technical Question?.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • alic3alic3 Member Posts: 15
    Don't know where to post this:

Hi all,

I have a question. We purchased an EX-L yesterday in California and the "finance guy" told us that the alarm in the odyssey was a piece of junk that only sounds when the door opens....he said NOTHING about the fact that it comes with an ignition immobilizer or that it has basically all of the features that the Karr upgrade alarm has other than the shock sensors and starter disable. We were misled into thinking that the Odyssey did not have an ignition security system....the dealer had an upgraded alarm Karr already installed in the car in addition to the manufacturers....what legally are we allowed as a refund on the upgraded dealer installed alarm if we just purchased the vehicle..I know warranties can be cancelled in 30 days...does the same go for the dealer alarm which is already installed that they just activate or deactivate?

Thanks
    The My Salesperson Misled Me discussion is made for these situations. Also, be sure to look through the individual topics in the Honda Odyssey section.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    ....we are getting dangerously close to a solution that I hope is acceptable for all. As I've told those that have had the courtesy to send me an email, we are just working on getting our ducks lined up...and hoping none of you are bringing your shotguns to the opening. :sick:

I appreciate everyone's patience.

And yes, this topic is intended for those who can't find what they are seeking, or not sure where to post. I will eventually be moving all the OT posts elsewhere.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    ....we are getting dangerously close to a solution that I hope is acceptable for all

OOHHh the buld up! "Dangerously close"...... I like the way you put that :D

This ought to be a good sloution. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

GP