Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• joe29001joe29001 Member Posts: 48
    A leftover 08 shouldn't be a problem. Dealers are still advertising leftover 07s. Those might be (slightly) more of a concern, but likely still fine. Either way, they'd be covered by the mfg. warranty. On an older model like these, it would probably make sense to change the oil immediately, then treat it like any other new car. I typically change a new car's oil around 1,000 miles, then again at 3,000 miles. After that, the regular (likely 3,000 mile) schedule should be fine.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    You probably want to head for the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences Board - specifically, the Acura TL Lease Questions, Honda Accord Lease Questions, and Mazda6 Lease Questions discussions.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • pam4waterpam4water Member Posts: 14
    I have a 2002 Camry with over 100K on it. I took it in for inspection yesterday. I took it too a new place because I the place I used to go went out of business. Pennsylvania's State Inspection you have to take the tires off and measure the rotors and the pads. At the old place they alway looked a the brakes then took it for a road test. The new place took my car for a road test first.They were gone what seem a little a long. My car didn't pass inspection because they said there was leak in the front hydraulic mount. And there was a lot of hydraulic fluid leaking out of the front mount. It was dripping out rapidly.

When I got home I check my parking space there were no oil spots on it. I'm going to go to a different place for the repairs, but is there a way to tell if they punched a whole in the engine mouint while they were road testing my car?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I think I'd post your question in Got a Quick, Technical Question?.
  • melissacuppmelissacupp Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday morning in the dark on the way to work, my husband had a deer run into our van- the deer decided it was a good idea to run along side of the van going down the road. My husband was going slow so as not to scare it, but the deer decided to go across the road in front of the van. It knocked out a turn signal light including the bulb. My husband was able to drive the van last night. This morning he could not get the van started. He checked the battery, and it is fine. He said all the fuses look okay. None of the lights will turn on, or the radio either. I had to call off of work because the van will not start. We have a 1996 Ford Windstar LX, any help would be greatly appreciated. He thinks there might be a short somewhere?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Ford Windstar Electrical Issues would be the place to ask your question.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • 2006boxster2006boxster Member Posts: 1
    Looking for help in finding a nice car under 5k?
    There are a lot of "Should I buy a used _____" discussions here. Not sure what body style you are interested in.

The Best Used Sedans would be one place to post.

These two discussions aren't style or model specific and aren't solely focused on price, but may be more active:

Purchasing Used Vehicles

What's the best vehicle for my needs?
    And this one too: Used Vehicles Best Values

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • denveraldenveral Member Posts: 1
    I want to say that I was interested in buying a used Chrysler Pacifica and based on the comments and negative feedback, especially with regards to how Chrysler does after sales service, I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole.
    Edmunds does a great service by allowing questions and answers to attempt to figure out problems and I've used the answers on a T&C van with regards to a faulty starting problem. After researching all 100 responses one guy (the last one said don't waste your money on all the fixes, the problem was in the spedo assembly and I replaced i t from a junk yard and have never had another problem.
    Doesn't Chrysler know that we read this stuff and w hen they don't fix their problems - we (me)the public takes all of this too heart and I won't try and get involved in a product with so many problems.
    Thanks for your service and forumn.
    denveral
  • nyc6035nyc6035 Member Posts: 13
    Is there a place either on Edmunds or elsewhere where you can view the current (or typical) Residual Rates and Money Factors used in leases by vehicle model. I see that there is a Moderator here who is very generous with this information...but it would be great to be able to see all of this information in one loation.

Thanks!
  • sdecainsdecain Member Posts: 1
    About three months ago, I was interested in buying an Audi A-5. The car had to be ordered as there were none in stock. I did not sign any agreement, and there was no discussion as to terms of purchase etc. The car will arrive at the dealer shortly but I no longer want to buy the car. But i did give them my credit card and they took a $1,000 depsosit.

Am I stuck buying the car or can I get my deposit back? This all occured in the state of MAryland if that matters.

Thanks
  • rn6700rn6700 Member Posts: 5
    Bought a new car a week+ ago, but now am seriously considering a different car (same model, different color) from the same dealer. Am I stuck? All of the paperwork has been done and accessories are being added within the next 2 days. Plus, I have about 400 miles on the car, so maybe it's not considered "new" anymore? Just need some help figuring out how to proceed. Thanks.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Please post your comments in this discussion: Do you favor a government loan to the Big 3?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Try posting your question in Got a Quick Question for a Car Dealer?
  • jsstull3jsstull3 Member Posts: 5
    Not sure if this is where I should be posting but here goes nothing. I currently own a 2006 Acura TSX w/ Tech package. I "like" this car but do not "love" this car. I'm looking for everyones ideas on new sedans / coupe vehicles around 30K (not above if possible). I am probably going to buy sometime around July or August 2009 when I get home from my deployment.

Thanks in advance,
    Shawn
    How about What's the best vehicle for my needs?? That might help you narrow down your choices a bit.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• marly2278marly2278 Member Posts: 1
    I want to ask what is the quietest hatchback that’s about 20kish or under?
    Your best bet would be to visit the individual make/model topics though you might want to try Best Hot Hatch - SVT, Civic Si, GTI, RSX, Mini, Beetle... first.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Hi marly2278..

Try posting your question here: Which Hatchback?

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• AadriaanPAadriaanP Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys. My name is Adrian P. And I would like to ask you something (and hope you can help me out on this one). Also I hope this is the right category to ask this, if not then please move my post in the right category.

I am going on a business trip in Florida in the beginning of 2009 and I want to rent an exotic car for me and my partners. Someone referred http://www.xoticdreamcars.com/ for such a thing. Now my questions are :

1 - did you ever use these guys ? If yes, how was your experience ?
    2 - if we rent 2 cars, should they give me a discount ?
    3 – how do these guys seem to you at a first look ? Trustable or not ?

Their website seems pretty professional and I really like the cars they have, but you may never know who lies behind such a website… I really don’t want to get tricked, so any suggestion will be welcomed !

Tks a lot to the ones that will take their precious time to read my questions and answer.

Adrian P.
    Although it's been dormant a while, posting in the Rental Car Experiences? discussion should revive the activity.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • AadriaanPAadriaanP Member Posts: 2
    Hello kcram and tks for your advice, I didn't know that. Still, can anyone tell me anything about them ?
    Please post in the discussion Kcram linked - people interested in renting will be more likely to see your question over there.
  • d5ad5a Member Posts: 63
    Purchased a new 2008 Mercedes R class on Oct 21'st of this year. The day after i bought the car i noticed a ding in the front fender and many scratches all over the car. Called the dealer who informed me that they would take care of it at the time I came in for its 1,000 mile service. This being a mercedes I trusted them and figured all would be taken care of. As the days went on I noticed the hood had dents in it. As I was walking up to the car from the front I noticed dents all over the hood of the car. At this point I called the dealer, they said again they would take care of it at time of service. I told them I would be bringing it in asap not waiting for service. They agreed and the date was set. Dropped the car off on day of service and figured they would get a dent repair guy to look at it. that afternoon I get a call from the sales manager now stating that they see no dents what so ever. I jumped in the car drove to the dealership and pointed out all the defects. Sales manager told me it was all orange peal. BULL! So any ways he then changed his tone and said they will fix everything. I left and a day went past and nothing so on the second day I called to ask what was happening to my car. They informed me that they had found an issue with the sunroof and a part was missing that was on back order. We are talking a new mercedes here with only a few hundred miles and I had never even used the sunroof due to cold weather at this point. So long story short mercedes dealer had my new car for two weeks waiting on a part for the sun roof. At this point I had faith that they during this time were fixing all the dents and scratches on the car. Finally I got a call after two weeks saying my car could be picked up. Went to get it only to find nothing had been done to any of the dents or scratches and they had damaged the hood of the car. I now have a dent sticking out of the hood. Some way they have pulled the metal out of the hood as if someone had closed the hood on the car and left something under it. Needless to say I was pissed. The cars not even a month old. At this point the service manager said they were sorry and called in the general manager who went on to say how its not the dealer fault and they see no damage to the car and that any damage on the car has been due to my fault. I informed him that we had emails to the sales man stating the issues she then went on to say its still not there fault. I left, came home called the ower of the dealership who offered a meeting with me. Drove back up a fourth time to meet with him only to have him look at the car and say he would be in touch in a few days. Few days went past and nothing. I repeated called never to get a call back. I then contacted MBUSA who informed me that it had to be delt with at a dealer level. Can you believe this? So I emailed everyone I could at MBUSA Corporate, Daimler Corporate and the dealership stating the issues and they way I have been treated. At that point I did get a call back from Corp (MBUSA) stating they would open a case file to have the car bought back. I felt relieved. This was three weeks ago. During that time MBUSA has told me we need to meet with the east coast regional manager. So I set up a meeting with him. During my time waiting for the meeting day to come I informed him that our gaol is to have mb buy the car back or replace it with a new car. I also informed him that I had to spent 200 to have a few dents takin out already and that the hood now has to be fully repainted at the tune of 850 dollars and there is still two other hail dents that need to be fixed for another 200 dollars. So I'm looking at 1200 out of pocket on body work on a new car. And the dealer saw nothing? Regional manager called today to inform me that they dont see reason for a meeting and that the dealer now makes the call on replacement cars. I'm getting the run around!!!!!!!!!!! I have no clue now what to do. They are trying to wear me down so that I go away. MBUSA has been no help at all. I now have a 60,000 mercedes with hail damage which they deny but I found out it sat on the lot during two hail storms over the summer and I also have a car that has been damaged by the dealer costing me to have to get the hood repainted on a new car meaning it wont have the facotroy paint on it and it may never match. On top of that resale will take a nose dive due to the painted hood making it look as if he may have been in an accident at some point. Any ideas on how I can get a replacement car or get mercedes to buy this car back from me? I will never buy another mercedes again. I have always had BMW's which I loved but we needed a bigger car then what BMW had to offer and I regret it 100% Any advise would be great.

Thanks!
    Any advise would be great.

Some paragraph breaks would help a lot. :D

Try posting in the 2008 Mercedes R-Class discussion and perhaps in one of the Smart Shopper discussions, like My Salesperson Misled Me.
  • maennjmaennj Member Posts: 20
    Hello there,

I've been trying to get a quote via e-mail for a car, I requested a quote through many websites that contacted many dealers nearby. However, even though I preferred an e-mail contact, I'm getting a request to call responses and/or visit their location, I reply to them and they ignore my e-mail and send me another message asking me to make a call. What's wrong with this ? Is it not acceptable to receive a quote through e-mail ? Am I missing something here ? :confuse:

Thanks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Try asking in our discussion titled Internet vs Traditional Car Buying.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• arujdparujdp Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I have purchased a Honda Pilot 2008 in May 2008.

I want to give this car to my friend for 4 months on a lease. Can you please guide me what should be the process?

This SUV is Honda Financed for 3 years. Please help.

Thanks
    -Arun.
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Member Posts: 2,039
    Read your finance contract. That won't fly. On the back of the contract it specifically states that you cannot sublease the vehicle to anyone.
    If you are leasing the car then Honda Pilot Lease Questions would be the place to ask your question. If you actually purchased the Pilot then the terms of leasing it to your friend will be whatever the two of you agree on provided your bank doesn't object. Just be sure to put it all in writing!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • ilmbgilmbg Member Posts: 8
    I am new to this forum, and having some trouble getting to the right place!
    I want to find out costs of older Mercedes/Volvo wagons- about 1982-1989ish.
    I can't seem to find the right places to view prices, and questions about these cars.
    I want to know prices, but there are different models.
    Please start this for me, and any help in finding a car from someone is appreciated.
    May I include my email? [email protected]
    I am in northern Wyoming, but will go look quite a ways-
    Thank you.
    Welcome to CarSpace.

Edmunds has pricing back to 1980.

For help from other forum members, you could start in the Classic Cars forum. Try the USED European Luxury Cars (pre 1990) discussion for example, although the era cars you are looking at may not be "classic" enough yet.

Oh, if you post your email address in any internet forum, you're certain to get spam. The spambots crawl forums and grab emails. It's better to mark your email public in your Profile and that will help limit the spam you get while still allowing other members to reach you.
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    For about 2 months, edmunds/carspace does not seem to "remember" me. I have to sign in every time, despite checking the box for "remember me on this computer" every time. When I do get signed in, up in the top left corner it says "welcome, (my name) null." IIRC, "null" appeared about the same time as the sign in problems. I am not having any trouble with any other websites. Any suggestions?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Regarding the automatic login issue, it sounds like you either do not have cookies enabled in your browser, or your browser is clearing cookies when you exit. You need to keep your Edmunds cookies to be "remembered" on your next visit.

The "null" thing is probably not new unless you recently cleared the last name field in your profile. It means that field is blank.

Hope this helps.
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    Pat,
    Thanks. You are correct about the "null". I thought it might be a cookie thing as well. I cleared everything out last night but that didn't help. This morning I discovered something I hadn't found before: a place to add specific trusted addresses....so far it has worked and is "remembering" me. It is still a mystery though as to how or why things got messed up after working so well for so long.

Thanks for your help.
  • sml8edsml8ed Member Posts: 1
    Where do I go to get advice on choosing an older used compact pickup?
    We had one such discussion, but about the new compact pickups, and it has since become inactive. If you want to start one, you may do so in the Pickups Board.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • veebee66veebee66 Member Posts: 8
    Would anyone have the details for leasing an XF (Money factor, residuals etc.)
    Post your question in Jaguar XF Lease Questions, and Car_man will be around to answer it...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• maennjmaennj Member Posts: 20
    I never seen such a sick salesperson, have you ever seen a salesperson gets mad and yell at you "I WASTED TOO MUCH TIME ON YOU". Well I got someone like that.
    Have you ever got your deal canceled by the dealer and gotten rid of by the dealer in the last minute? Well I got that.

Long story short, the salesperson is really pushy and psycho. I was trying to negotiate with him politely and I've shown him offers from other dealers to convince him that his price is too high. He wasted my time too much by going to his manager and coming back to me. Finally after 5 hours, we finally reached an agreement. Then when we started to do the contract, I picked the car even though I had to pick a car with more options because their inventory is short (more on inventory later). Then I asked the salesperson how many miles you're giving me on this lease, he said 12k. I said oh I thought it was 15k. At that point he went beyond the limits and threw keys at the table and walked away yelling at me "I WASTED TOO MUCH TIME ON YOU", the he took all the papers and left. I was really shocked and everyone in the room was looking at me. I went to manager to complete this deal because it was good. However, I started complaining there about the salesperson. Instead of making me happy, the manager felt that I'm unhappy and I would give him low rating in the survey. He said I'd rather not sell the car instead of getting low rating. I hoped he just yell to the salesperson or making him apologize. Instead, he came up with stupidest excuse to get rid of me. He said the car should be insured by the primary applicant and can't be insured by the co-buyer (even though I did that with a Honda). He just started to give me excuses for every solution I come up with.

Also,they said they will agree on offer I gave them if the co-applicant have score of 700+. I said ok and gave co-applicant SSN. After they ran a credit check,even though the co-applicant had excellent score with more than 700, they gave me totally different numbers for the car I wanted and then said they'll give me the cheaper trim for the price I offered. I had to go with the cheaper trim after they ran credit check.

Inventory was really bad, he told me they have the car with the color I wanted. But after we nearly closed the deal, we found they have only one color available and the color I wanted is available with more options, so I had to pay more to get the color I wanted.

===========================================
    My question is, is there anything that I can do to take actions against this dealer ? I sent to Toyota Customer Experience Center but I'm not sure if that will do something. It's really bad business that they wasted 5 hours of my time and canceling my deal because I'm "unhappy". Please help, I'm really frustrated of what they did. They even refused to give me a copy of the voided contract. They just were extremely impolite.
    Give the Got a Quick Question for a Car Dealer? discussion a try.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
    In addition to KC's suggestion, you may also want to do a write up in Dealer Ratings and Reviews.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • sylviaesylviae Member Posts: 31
    Having been through a similar experience with a car dealer, I would suggest you contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint against the dealer/dealership. This really helps you and others and it is posted on the BBB web site. Not all dealers are like that---thank goodness---but now and then, there seems to be one like that. Good luck !
  • jcginTXjcginTX Member Posts: 2
    I want to know about people's experience with lease swapping.

More specifically in Texas (taxes paid up front) and BMW (50k no maint cost should = no risk to the new leasee).

Thanks, jcg
    General Questions about Leasing Vehicles would be a good place to start. We also have discussions regarding leasing that are specific to make and model.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • corndawgcorndawg Member Posts: 21
    Im not completely sure how dealerships make momey from leases.
    I thought they would get paid cash for the whole car by the financial company
    and also get paid commission for the finding someone to finance the vehicle.
    I was thinking these leases would be the most profitable, but I dont know why
    dealerships are reluctant to discount a leased car.
  • rl newbierl newbie Member Posts: 17
    I have a 6'2" teenager and am having trouble finding a new vehicle that he will fit in comfortably while sitting in the second row. I was looking for a wagon or small SUV (crossover) but anything with a sunroof seems to be too short. I want a better trim line and they all come with a mandatory sunroof, which cuts into the available height.

Any vehicle suggestions are welcomed.

For the record, I looked at Subaru Outback, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, BMW X3, Acura RDX.

Thanks.