Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Check the Land Rover group. If you don't find a suitable topic then use the "Add a Discussion" link on that page.

tidester, host
  • Options
    mmaerzmmaerz Member Posts: 2
    That's right, it's NOT coming on when the key is turned to start the engine. If the light isn't on, the engine won't start. Once the key is left in the "ON" position for a few minutes, the light will come on, and the engine will start. I have had the vehicle only a few months, and since it has gotten colder outside, it has taken 5 - 10 minutes for the light to come on. I have had the 91 Jeep, 6 cyl, 156K to a diagnostic mech and the recommendation is to change out the computer (a costly endeavour). Any thoughts out there?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try one of the Jeep discussions, like those in the Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee group. And perhaps the "Check Engine" light topic will help.
  • Options
    tadcmtadcm Member Posts: 1
    My Jeeps heat and ac fan goes off then on. All the speeds are affected. How do I fix this? I am an Electrical Engineer so I am not afraid to attemp to fix this problem.
  • Options
    There are some heating posts in the Jeep Grand Cherokee: Problems & Solutions discussion (try a Search This Discussion in there or an Advanced Search on the left sidebar. You may also get some ideas from the Jeep Cooling Fan Not Turning Off discussion.
  • Options
    anita4545anita4545 Member Posts: 2
    I need help with service that has been on my Lexus. I have had the Mass Air Flow Sensor and the Air Fuel Rate Sensor replaced ($800.00)because the engine light came on and Lexus dealer is telling me that my car now has a harmonic imbalance which is causing a vibration in my steering wheel and brake pedal when the car is at a stop.
    The car did not have this vibration prior to the replacement of these two sensors. One year after purchase of car, when I took car in for an oil change, Lexus dealer told me that I had the oil gel problem and they repaired my car (I never noticed anything wrong with car!!!!!) The car has been in and out of the Lexus dealer repair shop since August 22, 2006 (I've had a loaner more than my own car since then). They have supposedly tried everything to correct the problem and now inform me that the Toyota rep was at the shop last week and said this vibration was normal for my year car with 75,000 miles........I feel I am being jerked around!!!!!! Sorry for the long message but I could probably write a book about this......Any advice would be appreciated.
  • Options
    I'd ask for advice from other owners in the Lexus RX 300 discussion.
  • Options
    glade8erglade8er Member Posts: 2
    I have a well maintained 03 Mountaineer with 139,000 miles. Tires are Uniroyals with less than 25,000 miles. Over the past two week I have noticed a dull roar coming the front end. This roars becomes more pronounced when I make a left hand turn. The noise is still there when I make a right hand turn just not as noticeable. The alignment on the vehicle is good. The noise remains constant. It does not go up or down with fluctuation in speed. Any Ideas??
  • Options
    Check the Ford Explorer group (this is where the Mountaineer lives!) and use the "Add a Discussion" link on that page if necessary.

tidester, host
  • Options
    moomilymoomily Member Posts: 4
    Hi. I'm looking for recommendations on remote starters, but am unable to find any discussions about them and am unsure of which forum to search in. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
  • Options
    We don't have any dedicated remote starter discussions but there are few related to specific make/models.

Here are a couple of them that may be worth looking at:

2007 Outback Remote Starter

Navigator Remote Starter

Honda Civic: Installing Remote Starter

If you tell us which make/model you have then we can either direct you to the right place or tell you how to set up your own topic.

tidester, host
  • Options
    serefinahserefinah Member Posts: 3
    Hi:

This is the first time I have considered leasing a vehicle. Need help on whether I am being railroaded with hidden costs. From reading your postings I think that my MF is the highest I seen in reading (these past few minutes)...and I am deeply concerned. I have been going back and forth between 2 dealerships (AL and GA). I am military and live in Georgia with access to my permanent Alabama addy for a home of record. Sale tax in GA is 7% and AL 4%... After playing a little hard ball with both dealers my local dealer in Albany. He contacts me after two days ...with the following for a 328i, w/ prem package, heated front seats:

MSRP: 36,454
    Sales price: 34,700
    Trade-in Value for 2003 4 x4 Nissan Pathfinder SE: 12,800
    Balance due on Pathfinder: $15,777
    So the neg equity:$ 2,977
    BMW 328i lease is 36 mo/15,000 miles
    Residual:61%
    MF:.00247 or .00274 (can't remember which)
    DP:4500 (includes tax, tag, title, fees, of which I think 2500 cap red, 350 security,).

Payment comes to roughly $525 per month.

Apologize for not having the exacts...I am going off a quote that I left on my desk at work. I was not aware that this site existed! HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME SOON... Scheduled to sit down with the saleperson tomorrow. Thanks.

Serefinah
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Repost your query exactly as you have in this discussion: BMW 3- Series: Lease Questions

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    In addition to the BMW 3-Series: Lease Questions which you already found you may want to help get the General Questions about Leasing Vehicles discussion going.

tidester, host
  • Options
    paskiepaskie Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for step by step directions to change the oil and filter in a 2007 entourage. The filter is a cartridge filter. I've never replaced one before. I probably could figure out how it comes apart, but I would rather hear from someone who has replaced the filter so I won't make a stupid mistake. Also, does the drain plug gasket need replacing each oil change like the Honda?

Paskie
  • Options
    Check the Hyundai Entourage group and use the "Add a Discussion" link if you don't find a suitable topic for your needs.

tidester, host
  • Options
    moomilymoomily Member Posts: 4
    Thanks. I have a '99 Honda Accord. I was looking for general recommendations on brand, model, etc., which is why I was looking here instead of the Honda forums but it didn't seem like a good fit for either one.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Okay, sounds like you are asking for recommendations on a remote starting tool. If that's the case, try this topic for starters (no pun intended):

Got a Quick Technical Question?
  • Options
    jerzeegirljerzeegirl Member Posts: 1
    Is it easier to change the whole power steering assembly, or is it ok to just replace the gaskets? also, can anyone direct me on how to change this part, or where I can get the info to do this (without having to pay an arm and leg for it) Thank you.
  • Options
    Check the Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee group for related topics.

tidester, host
  • Options
    mmaerzmmaerz Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to mention that it is a Jeep Wrangler....
  • Options
    Try one of the discussions in the Jeep Wrangler group then. Lots of good Jeep gurus hang out there.
  • Options
    rodnredmondrodnredmond Member Posts: 3
    I just tried to replace my battery and the head lights and dome lights will not shut off now. My dash lights will not work, no windshield wipers either. I need help please. Thanks
  • Options
    Check the Dodge Durango group. You should also find Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy helpful.

tidester, host
  • Options
    sandycreeksandycreek Member Posts: 2
    Did not get what I paid for --- lost the key to my Ford Taurus Wagon and went to the dealer to "reprogram" the spare car key - they supposedly did that with a new "chip" and also provided me with another key to match .... I was advised if anyone found the original key I lost it would fit into the ignition, but NOT start the vehicle ..... I finally found the original LOST key and it DID START THE VEHICLE, as well as the supposedly NEW reprogrammed key .... I am highly disputing this as when I went to discuss with the dealership, they danced all around a reason why this happened .... and none of it holds water ...even the Manual doesn't address it ... ANYONE OUT THERE ABLE TO CONFIRM THEY FAILED TO PROPERLY TO THE JOB OR CONFIRM THEY DIDN'T ...
  • Options
    Try the Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable Wagons discussion - other owners in there may have replaced their keys.
  • Options
    chris76chris76 Member Posts: 3
    would like to find out if there's anything to worry about with the new gear whine in my isuzu rodeo. It seems to be getting worse, but I'm not sure what causes it, or if by continuing to drive with it, I'm damaging anything.
  • Options
    Check the topics in the Isuzu Rodeo group.

tidester, host
  • Options
    surhar17surhar17 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, moving to L.A. and either will buy here in Ohio or LA.

Quoted in Ohio $17,318, out-of-door estimate =$18,926.61.

IS out-of-door quote correct? Find any offers in LA similiar? Need to justify driving this to CALI!!!

2007 Mazda3 itouring (autom) w/ ABS and moonroof pkgs, Silvr
  • Options
    The best place to start would be Mazda3: Prices Paid & Buying Experience.

Buying Tips: How Do I Get the Best Deal? would also be beneficial.

tidester, host
  • Options
    nova5nova5 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have any experience at Porsche of Arlington in Virginia? They are the worst Porsche dealer I've ever visited. Their service department has outlandish fees and I question how they diagnose problems. You can never walk out of there for less than $1,000. Plus, their show room is disgusting. Stay away. Tyson's Corner is much better.
  • Options
    Try All Things Porsche or Dealer Dis-Service Horror Stories.

(btw, I renamed the title from the Mazda one).
  • Options
    sandycreeksandycreek Member Posts: 2
    HOST: What does Porsch or Mazda have to do with my question on a Ford Taurus Wagon Key Programming problem?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    This was the answer to your post..

Nothing about Porsches or Mazdas there...

Regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    deac0ndeac0n Member Posts: 1
    V6 engine Turn ignition key and no results. No dash info lights, no radio, headlights work, horn works, engine doesn't crank and dash is blank.
  • Options
    Chrysler Sebring: Electrical Issues would be a good place to start.

tidester, host
  • Options
    malcolmrmalcolmr Member Posts: 5
    I'm about to purchase a 2006 model car that was originally sold new about 10 months ago. It looks brand new but the dealer who got it as a trade-in has no explanation for why it was not driven for so long. The Carfax report does not indicate any problems, accidents, or meter tampering. How do I ascertain there is nothing fishy with it?
  • Options
    That's a great question for Purchasing Used Vehicles. You may also want to look at Mileage Fraud!! Odometer was rolled back!!! What 2 do?.

tidester, host
  • Options
    lcatolcato Member Posts: 1
    Jan. 1 2007, the 5.9 cummins diesel will be replaced with a new 6.7 cummins diesel engine and a new 6 spd automatic transmission in all Dodge Ram 2500/3500 pickups. Will edmunds update their price list at this time?

I currently own a 2005 Ram 3500 quad cab with a 5.9 diesel with the HD 4 spd auto. My truck is two years old and has less than 16,000 miles on it.

I want to move up to a 2007 or 2008 2500 ram diesel with the new engine, transmission and a mega cab with short box.

Please email me if the price list will be updated.

Thank You.

Lawrence Cato
  • Options
    "When the MSRP or invoice price of a vehicle is changed by the manufacturer, we make every attempt to update the information on our site within a few days. However, it can depend on how quickly we are advised of that change."

There's more in the Help link at Edmunds.com.

You may want to follow the Dodge Ram: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion too.
  • Options
    kpark214kpark214 Member Posts: 4
    I was wondering how to fix or what to fix after replacing the battery and the gauges do not move but there is power to the dash board. I have replaced a battery before and this never happened. Is there maybe a fuse that needs to be replaced and if so where would it be and the number it would be. I was previously told by a dealer that I needed to take in and have them reset the code and they would work. But I have an obd scanner and there was no code to reset. Then a mechanic told me to check fuses under dash on the passenger side and i did but do not know which one I should replace if any there. please help me out and to what this could be. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    I see you already found the Pontiac Aztek discussion. You may also want to try Got a Quick, Technical Question?.

tidester, host
  • Options
    fewpfewp Member Posts: 2
    Read message #1085 by xtec the advantages of buy back vs lemon law. Could you please explain why would a person lose money with the lemon law? I thought with the lemon law the manufacturer buys back the vehicle. Would appreciate your comments.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Probably because you are charged for some use of the vehicle. In other words, it wasn't broken all the time. So you aren't "losing" money, you are paying rent in a sense.
  • Options
    jndstinnjndstinn Member Posts: 1
    my wife has a '97 eldorado that has a curious problem. when the gas gauge gets to about half a tank, it begins going back up instead of continuing toward empty. contrary to our fondest desire for this car to perpetually remain full, it doesn't. anyone ever heard of this, if so what was the solution? thanks, js
  • Options
    Surreptitiously putting gas in someone's car would be a fun practical joke (so long as they don't take some out)!

Try the Cadillac Owners: Problems & Solutions discussion and perhaps Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy.
  • Options
    landry4landry4 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 88 Ford Ranger and it starts up fine, but then it starts idleing funny and kills or whenever I try to take off it kills. I've put in some fuel injector cleaner and changed the fuel filter, but that didn't help. Someone told me that I may have put the fuel filter in backwards- is this possible? I was also told that these trucks have 2 fuel pumps- is this true? Please help!
  • Options
    You may find help in the Ford Ranger: No-start problems discussion. Also, check out the Ford Ranger group for other relevant topics.

tidester, host
  • Options
    blkhhrblkhhr Member Posts: 3
    I hope I am posting in the correct section. I have a general lease question. I am interested in a 12-month lease, non-vehicle specific at this point. I know 12-month leases are "possible" because I have read a little about them before; like with a one-payment lease. But my concern is, how "available" are these? Most, if not all manufacturers' websites only advertise or provide calculators for leases of 24 months or more. Would these have a ridiculous MF? Any feedback is appreciated :)
  • Options
    Most of our leasing discussions are tied to specific makes and models but we do have this: General Questions about Leasing Vehicles

tidester, host