Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
Welcome to CarSpace Forums! Have an automotive question and not sure where to post? Ask the Forums Hosts! For assistance on how to use our discussion software, check Forums Help. If you need further assistance, submit your question or problem via Edmunds.com Help Form.
Tagged:

Comments

• smitty131smitty131 Member Posts: 2
    i am wondering what the biggest size tire i can put on my 01 chevy 2500hd 6.6 liter diesel is without cutting anything or putting a lift on.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Head on over to the Pickus board and the Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra Group.

Check the list of discussions there for an an appropriate discussion to post your question in. If one doesn't seem to exist, please feel free to start one!
  • agdowdleagdowdle Member Posts: 2
    I am having a problem with my 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport. My oil light is coming on and the oil is not low. The oil light does not stay on all the time, it comes on once I have driven the van approximately 12 miles or so, then it comes on when I am no longer accelerating. Once I accelerate again, the light goes off. Does anyone have a clue as to what this could be? Please help!!!!
    Welcome to the forums! Always nice to see new faces.

Follow this link to the Chrysler/Plymouth Voyager, Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan Group main page and check the list of discussions there for the appropriate discussion for your question.

Once you see how things are situated, I think you'll find it easy to navigate around the forums. But if you find yourself off the beaten path, feel free to stop back to this dicsussion to ask for directions, or just click on the username of any host and drop us an email and we'll be happy to help!
  • stoonerstooner Member Posts: 3
    I have a o6 tl with 10000 kilometers on it, paint chips on front, hood,under passengers door, rear roof panel and inside the trunk edge. Acura dealer shows no interest in looking at the problem. any suggestions.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Check the Acura TL group and see whether any topic fits your needs. If not, use the "Add a Discussion" link at the top of that page to create one to focus on your issues.

tidester, host
  • mallen5mallen5 Member Posts: 1
    I was driving my truck yesterday and it died. I had between 1/4 1/8 tank of gas. I put more gas in and it started right up as always. Then the next time I went to start it nothing. It turns over fine. I dont hear the fuel pump buss when I turn the key. and the guadges are very dim.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There are several engine/dying discussions over in the Chevrolet S-10 & GMC S15 Sonoma group. Pick one that seems closest to your problem. Good luck!

Steve, Host
  • rray49rray49 Member Posts: 13
    How do I ask a question that doesn't really apply to any of the current threads or, better yet, how do I start a new thread? I have a serious problem about my new Toyota RAV4 that I would like to see if others have experienced it or heard of something similar.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Hi rray49,
    Visit our Toyota RAV4 group. Have a look at the list of existing discussions, and if nothing seems appropriate, hit the "add discussion" link at the top of the list (it's on the right).

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Go to the Toyota RAV4 Group main page. Above the list of existing discussions, on the right side, you'll see an Add a Discussion link (right next to a link about tracking).Just click that link and the rest will be self-evident! ;)

I've noticed that the fastest way (for me) to get to the make/model group main pages is to use the Browse By Board search in the left sidebar. Just choose the board that fits the body style of the vehicle (Rav4 is an SUV) That will get you to an alphabetical listing by make/model of vehicles in that body style.

If anyone knows of a faster way there, please let me know! :P
  • rjt002rjt002 Member Posts: 1
    Here's the details (I hope)

I'm an eligible GM Supplier
    The car has the luxury pak and dealer is installing DVD entertainment system. Also has side air bags & roof rack. The MSRP on Buick web site comes to $28,374 (on Kelly, it's $25,970 but I think that excludes many taxes/fees)

Based on the dealers print out:
    MSRP $28,245
    LEV% = 51
    LEV = $14,404.95
    12k miles per year
    48 month lease
    Down Pmt = $1,000
    APR = 5.9%
    Acquisition Fee = $695
    US Luxury Tax = $110.40
    Window Etching = $149.
    Security = $375
    MV & Doc Fees = $545
    Rebate Amt = $2,750
    Adjusted Cap Cost = $27,144.02
    NJ Sales Tax (7%) = $1,340.62 (based on down pmt + monthly pmts + incentives)

Monthly Pmts w/Tax = $368.91

Bottom line: Did I get a good, mid or bad deal and was the LEV% reasonable?
    Go to the Buick Rendezvous Group and check for the leasing discussion you will find there.
  • larry2906larry2906 Member Posts: 2
    Low beam does not work on drivers side. Highbeams work just fine. I replaced the bulb and the headlight will still not work on dims. I cleaned the electrical plug but still no luck. Any ideas?
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,638
    I am having a problem with my 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport. My oil light is coming on and the oil is not low.

I had a very similar problem with my 2000 Intrepid, and it was covered by a TSB. Email me if you want (email's in my profile) and I'll see if I can dig up the TSB and info.
  • bassman29bassman29 Member Posts: 7
    This is my first post here. I have been selling cars for a little over 2 years. I had a gentleman come in to buy a car from one of our ads. He and his wife went to F&I and all was fine. They bought the car sight unseen. When they went to leave they go to the impala and he says "Oh I didn't realize this car had leather." Thank God he liked leather or that was a for sure deal breaker.
    You may be interested in Test Drives & Dealership Promotions.

tidester, host
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    but to not even look at the car just to know what color, 2 or 4 door???...the guy may have $$$, but he does seem to be lacking in the cerebral cortex portion of the body...:):):)
    Please - let's not carry on the discussions here. This page is for help on navigating the site and finding your way around. Any replies should be in the Forum to which the previous poster was directed.

Thanks.

tidester, host
  • jdubs1017jdubs1017 Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

First time poster here...couple of quick questions...any answers/ideas?

Debating on the 07 Touring vs. EX-L w/NAV and RES. I've read a bit about the PAX Tires and it concerns me. Has Honda/Michelin improved this on the 07 model? We think we want Touring for the memory seats, better stereo, auto liftgate, etc...may not be worth the extra $$$ though! Can anyone tell me what they have paid recently OTD on an EX-L with NAV and RES or a Touring with NAV in North Carolina? Thanks in advance for any help at all!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Check out our Honda Odyssey Group. There are a lot of existing discussions where you can ask questions, and other owners/shoppers will give you feedback.

Edit: What steve said, lol.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ohio_edgeohio_edge Member Posts: 1
    I have a question about my town and country but I can not figure out how to post a new message?
    The Help link at the bottom right explains it well but it looks like you have the posting part down. Visit the Town & Country group and pick an active discussion to post in (or start a new one). If a discussion is marked Read Only, it's closed to new posts.
  • bulldugginsbullduggins Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought an 06 Civic hybrid. About a month later, my dealer mailed me a letter, saying that I owed them an additional $182.45 since the tax and title fees were higher than they had quoted me. My question is: Am I obligated to pay them? Which forum would be the best place to ask this?

Thanks for your help!

Bull
  • bear311bear311 Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 Toyota Rav 4 only has one problem. The tire inflation light won't turn off. My tires aren't low and even after adding air to them the light will not turn off. I've only had it a few months and find this very irritating. Any advice would be very appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
  • jaygee4jaygee4 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 1990 Grand Prix, 3.1 engine, 4 speed tranny and have recently experienced a periodic stalling problem.
    Whenever the gas pedal is pressed after stopping at a light or stop sign, the engine tends to stall or bog down. Engine is restarted with no problem but again stalls when gas is pressed. This problem lasts for approx. 5 minutes
    then car returns to normal operations. Problems may reappear days later. Has anybody experienced this? Any ideas where to start and check for problem?
    Thanks.
  • hangfirehangfire Member Posts: 3
    I have a '93 Silverado with all options except power seats. It has a remote starter but I don't know it that was a factory install or after market. No antenna like the after market ones. Anyway. I have something draining the battery within 3/4 days. I have pulled every fuse in the fuse box and still read voltage across battery terminal to ground. I don't find a fuse for the remote start and wonder if it is located under the hood somewhere. How would I go about disconnecting the remote start to see if that's the problem? I assume it's connected to the starter relay but I'm guessing. I want to sell the truck but not to someone who is going to get stranded with a dead battery. Help is appreciated.
    Hangfire
    That's the type of question that would be better answered on the Smart Shopper Message Board You'll find a wide range of topics on the sales process there.
    Head on over to the Toyota RAV4 Group and check the discussion list for the appropriate discussion. If you don't find one, just use the Add A Discussion link on that page to start up a new discussion.
    You should find some help in the Pontiac Grand Prix Group.
    Don't forget about thesearchtools intheleft sidebar. They offer you several ways to track down discussions. You can Browse By Board (For the Grand Prix choose Sedans), or you can Browse by vehicle by selecting Pontiac GrandPrix, or you can even search within the text of messages for keywords.
    Head on over to the Pickups board and the helpful folks in the Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra Group. Post your question in the appropriate discussion you should find on the list there.

I'm feeling like I should change my screen name to Tom Tom Go :P
  • larryearmoldlarryearmold Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 accord which I recently purchased with the right headlight is very high. Is there an adjustment, or if there is not is there anything I can do to lower it? Ps: I just replaced the bulbs with the halogen lamps, is there anything I could have done to put it out of whack?
    Thanks, LarryT
    The Honda Accord (1998-2002) Maintenance & Repair discussion would be one place to start.

Steve, Host
  • lennyhondalennyhonda Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2006 Honda Civic Coupe 6 weeks ago. I absolutely love it. Last week, someone keyed my trunk. I'm completely disgusted about it. This being my first new car (I've never cared about my car's paint job before) I'd like to know what my options are for repairs, and price range if anyone would have an idea.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Ouch!! That's terrible - you have to wonder what is wrong with some people. You can find other Civic owners hanging out in the Honda Civic group, but you may also want to check out the Paint and Body Maintenance & Repair discussion. Good luck getting it fixed up.
  • saf2saf2 Member Posts: 1
    recently purchased sienna xle w/fp+fc {aka #7 & floor mats), for $32000+ttl less 2000 rebate. great dealer just outside chicago, no hassles
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Congrats! Why don't you stop by the Toyota Sienna group and meet up with some other owners. The folks reading the Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion there will be interested in your post. Enjoy!
  • bnewt5bnewt5 Member Posts: 3
    How do I start a new discussion? I own a 2006 Explorer & want to ask others if they are having a similar problem.
    Here's part of the blurb from the Help file:

You can create a discussion in any make/model group. Use the "Browse By Vehicle" search in the left sidebar to locate the make/model group that interests you. The make/model group(s) you have chosen will appear at the top of the next page as folders. Click on the group of your choice. The "Add Discussion" link will be located at the right above the first listed discussion within the make/model group.
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    One of my best friends had a computer module go out on her 2005' Chevy Impala. From my understanding this computer module, due to it's not working has cut out her ABS, and traction control system. The dealer is charging her $800 total for the installation + part, and wanted to ask the edmunds experts if she is getting ripped off ? It just seemed a bit high to me. :surprise:

Thanks in advance, for y'alls help :)

Rocky
  • tzrbugtzrbug Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I read 2 posts from July 2006 of clocks that were disappearing on the navigation screen. What fix is there? My dealership is clueless and I'm aggrivated. Thansk guys.
    You can summon those experts in Chevrolet Impala: News, Views, & Opinions! I would give Chevrolet Impala: General Care & Maintenance a try too.

tidester, host
    Check the GMC Yukon group page and see whether any of the entries fit your problem. If not, then click the "Add a Discussion" link at the top and create one so that others may reply to your questions.

tidester, host
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    Thanks tidester, I appreciate it pal. ;)

Rocky
  • bperricobperrico Member Posts: 13
    Where do I post a question on the 2001 Camry ?
    Head to the main page in teh Toyota Camry Group and check the list of discussion there for the one that's appropriate for your question. If there doesn't appear to be a discussion that covers the problem area you have a question about, use the Add A Discussion link you'll find on the right side of the page above the list of discussions to create a new one.
  • tzrbugtzrbug Member Posts: 3
    Thanks I have added a new discussion so the title will grab someones attention hopefully. thanks
  • adrian5366adrian5366 Member Posts: 4
    I am have problems with white smoke from the exhast and low tranmission fluid, been told vacum modulator valve may be bad but I cant get to it. Is it possible to plug this valve to prevent the fluid consumtion