Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• mpslickmpslick Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Awhile ago I built a mild performance 350 c.i. chev. S.B. I bought assembled World Products S.R. torquer cyl. heads. The engine ran flawlessly for 1000-plus miles. I then developed a serious miss and discovered a broken intake rocker arm stud and valve spring damper corresponding to that intake valve. The pushrod and roller tip rocker arm are fine. The valve spring looks good.
    Has anybody out there seen this happe? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Mp slick
  • iamjr1029iamjr1029 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1998 Chevy 4x4 with a 305 vortec, i need to know if i can switch that for a 350, and how much changes would have to be made in the wiring harness?? More of less, would it be worth the trouble??
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Check the Ford Explorer group for topics related to your issue.

tidester, host
    Try Got a Quick, Technical Question?. If you're talking about a Suburban then check out the topics in the Chevrolet Suburban & Tahoe group.

tidester, host
    I would look into Crazy engine swap question.

tidester, host
  • kbcadkbcad Member Posts: 1
    :sick: I HAVE A 99 DEVILLE, OVER THE LAST YEAR I HAVE HAD TUNE-UP, THROTTLE BODY CLEANING, FUEL INJECTION CLEANING, SENSORS REPLACED, EGR VALVE REPLACED AND FUEL PUMP REPLACED. NONE OF THIS HAS SOLVED MY ACCELERATION PROBLEMS. CAN ANYONE HELP?
    Check the Cadillac DeVille group for suitable topics.

tidester, host
  • srd277srd277 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in finding out how to replace the fuel lines in my 1993 Grand Marquis. Not sure where to look for help.
  • 89preludes89preludes Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this forum. I have an '89 Honda Prelude S(non-feul injected). The Brakes are the issue at hand. This summer July-Aug.'06;replaced all 4 tires, rotors and pads, also both rear calipers replaced (new). First tire rotation @ 4400 miles Dec.'06; Technition alerts me of a problem...The rear passenger pad is worn to the shim! and digging in to the rotor. Funny thing is...the outside pad is gone YET the inside pad is hardly worn! How could this be? What function or process sequence of the brake system would cause this odd symptom of malfunction?
  • 53belair53belair Member Posts: 3
    I am having trouble with a sterio issue. I have a 1953 Bel Air, and I want to put a CD player in it. I heard about and have seen old style stereos that have flip down faces to reveal a cd player. They look vintage from the outside, and have the dummy knobs. Have you ever heard of such a thing, and if so where the heck can i find one? Thanks for the help
  • 53belair53belair Member Posts: 3
    Has any one out there ever heard of or seen a stereo for a classic car that looks original from the outside, but the face flips down to reveal a cd player? For some reason i recall seeing them, and have had 5 or six people tell me they have seen and heard of them. BUT, nobody can tell me where to find them. NEED HELP
  • gearhead2007gearhead2007 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 85 chry newyorker with a 2.6l and i would like to take an engine from a 90 caravan with a 3.3l and install it into the 85 newyorker.can this be done with ease??mounts wireharness,trany??what needs to be done??will it fit ??i would like any input anyone has!!
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    Where did you guys move my created forum:

"Current and Future Full-Size Pick-up Truck comparison's"

Rocky
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Please check e-mail.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

You might get some clues in Restoring a 1951 Chev. Bel-Air to factory specs..

tidester, host
    Take a look at Crazy engine swap question.

tidester, host
    Thanx, I sent ya one back :blush:

Rocky
  • grammiehgrammieh Member Posts: 1
    Was wondering if the fuel pump on a 1994 GMC Jimmy has a fuse and if it does where is it located and how would I find it. thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There are several fuel related discussions in the Chevrolet Blazer/GMC Jimmy group - start with one of those, maybe the 90 Jimmy Fuel Problem discussion. If no one pops in with a suggestion tomorrow, try the Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy: Electrical Problems one.
  • elizabeth8elizabeth8 Member Posts: 3
    :sick: does anyone know what to expect on an accord that was borderline totaled? The damages far exceeded $6,000, the damage mostly occured on the passengers side. I don' think there was any 'under the hood damage'. There may have been a bent frame, that makes me worried that I'll have future problems. In addition I feel that I should ask the insurance company for more. :confuse:
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Try posting in this discussion: Questions about Auto Insurance & Accidents.
  • arpidonearpidone Member Posts: 1
    Where would I find a forum to discuss lease turn in experiences and what to expect in a vehicle inspection report done by a third party?
    Try the Lease Termination Fees and other costs discussion, and there's also a General Questions about Leasing Vehicles discussion. And check out the Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences board for the make/model you are interested in.
  • sbuhlersbuhler Member Posts: 122
    Hello:

Is there a website to find out the current lease buy rates for manufacturers such as Nissan and Toyota? Is there a way to know that you are getting the lowest money factor possible on your lease?

Thanks
    Check out the Leasing Experiences board for the Toyota or Nissan make/model(s) you are shopping.
  • desertman39desertman39 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 GMC 4wd with the 98 body style ( 8' box) the fuel gauge has become very unstable. Slight incline will cause a full or empty reading, gauge will show full or empty or any place in between depending on it's mood. Showed full today before I fueled with 31.7 gallons.
    Here's a place to start: Chevrolet Blazer/GMC Jimmy: fuel tank problems?

You may also be interested in a few comments posted in 2000 Jimmy/Envoy Fuel Gauge Problem.

tidester, host
  • 04sonata04sonata Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any advice? I have a 2004 6 cylinder Sonata and about twice a week the transmission shifts; it feels like the car is going to fall apart underneath in a great bang. It has happened driving slow and driving fast. The shift is unsettling and unnatural, very hard like you might look back and see the whole bottom of the car on the road.
  • art_vandelayart_vandelay Member Posts: 45
    Don't see anywhere to ask my question. Wondering what happens when going to get a car inspected past the 5-day grace period. My sticker expired end of December so my 5-day grace period ended today; I've been out of town until today and forgot to get it inspected before I left. TxDOT website only says that there's a 5-day grace period, but nothing about what happens if you're beyond that 5 days.

Trying to find out if anyone knows what I dhould expect if I try to get it inspected this weekend. Will they do it or not? If so, is there a penalty fee added or something?

Thanks!
    Try Those Dreadful State Vehicle Inspections.

How's the import/export business going Art? :shades: (I would have replied ten minutes sooner but I was catching up on my Costanza trivia).
  • art_vandelayart_vandelay Member Posts: 45
    Thanks for the direction Steve.

Being an importer/exporter is rough, especially trying to balance that with being an architect and a marine biologist! :)
    I live in Texas and have been well over a month over. Nothing will happen to you but a written warning by a police officer enforcing you to get it changed if you happened to get pulled over which did happen to me one time. I just had to show proof via receipt. I wouldn't lose sleep over it but do get it changed ASAP. I think it's still $13 dollars (my wife does mine) and most oil changing stations and car dealerships can do it. Call around and see who in your area can get it done for you and make an appointment at the service station that can get you in. :)

Regards,

Rocky
    Dumas, Tx
  • chipcourtchipcourt Member Posts: 2
    Hi. Does anyone know if there is a death clause in the Mercedes Benz lease contract? A family member recently passed away & the car was believed to be in his name only. The widow does not want to keep that car if at all possible. Thank you for your help.
    There are "Lease Questions" discussions for each of the Benz models. Go to Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences and select the appropriate one.

tidester, host
  • mmyplsrmmyplsr Member Posts: 6
    HELLO JUST REPLACED THE ENGINE IN MY INFINITY G20. THE CHECK ENGINE LITE COMES ON WITH CODE P1400 WHICH I BELIEVE IS EGRC/VLV ISSUE. I HAVE REPLACED THE PILOT AND EGR VALVES BUT LITE STILL COMES ON AFTER A SHORT DRIVE...ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    Try the "Check Engine" light discussion.

btw, people tend to skip over posts written in all caps since they are hard to read.
  • deaufaimdeaufaim Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I have a 2003 soreto lx and the 10amp fuse for the gauge always burns! Somebody heard of that problem...For the rest of the truck,i just love it. :shades:
    Try the Kia Sorento: Problems & Solutions discussion. There's a recent thread in there about fuse box surges that may help.
  • noxownernoxowner Member Posts: 7
    My 07 AWD Equinox seems to be forever shifting on the highway. Even the slightest incline, it will shift out of overdrive, sometimes back and forth a couple times. My dealer downloaded a tranny update, but did not help. It's going back to dealer tomorrow to check again. Any others with this problem or how to fix?
  • getacar1getacar1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All

My wife hit a block ice in a pot-hole on wet-icy road at 25 mile speed and hit a tree in woods.
    My 2005 CRV - SE model was totalled and insurance is giving me ACV value of ACV - $21,790

I bought the car for 25201.95 (following break-up)

Retail Price - 23100.00
    Title Tax - 10
    Dealer Bus Lice Tax - 46.78
    Sales & Use tax= 726.67
    Lice Fee 29.50
    Dealer Processing 289.00
    Extened warranty - 1000.00

As per the Edmunds.com used car report, the used-car report is

005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

True Market Value Pricing
    Trade-In Private Party Dealer Retail
    National Base Price $18,585 $20,106 $21,351
    Optional Equipment $0 $0 $0
    Color Adjustment
    Black $-24 $-26 $-28
    Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code 20152 $18 $19 $20
    Mileage Adjustment
    29,500 miles $-312 $-312 $-312
    Condition Adjustment
    Clean $0 $0 $0

Total $18,267 $19,787 $21,031

Considering the above, does the value of 21790 offered by the insurance look correct?

Should I not expect ACV value plus sales tax+ dealer processing fee + additional warrenty etc?

Please advise me.
    Thanks a lot.
    There's a very helpful discussion called Questions About Auto Insurance & Accidents and there's also this one that's more on point:

Replacement Cost by Insurance Company for Totaled Vehicle

Bummer about the wreck!
  • sskugorsskugor Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone advise the 2005 C230K Sedan automatic transmission can be tuned so it shifts without stumping, as well as with less lag? I tried another one at the dealership but there was no significant difference (other than it was a 6-cylinder model). Please feel free to send me an e-mail with information to: sskugor@yahoo.com.
    Thanks,
    Steve
  • kyllibabykyllibaby Member Posts: 1
    i have a es 300 1994 lexus & it just died. it died while being driven. it's not the battery or the alternator. what else could it be & where am i supposed to post this question?
    Try the Mercedes-Benz C-Class: Problems & Solutions discussion (and please participate in the discussion instead of emailing so other owners will benefit :shades: ).
    I'd ask in the Lexus ES 300/ES 330 discussion. There may be some help in the Idle or Stalling Problems - All Vehicles discussion too.
  • nshomonshomo Member Posts: 1
    will there ever be a section for Mercury Mariner Hybrids?

nancy
    Do you mean like this one: Mercury Mariner Hybrid? :)

-Tidester. Host