Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I'd try the Ford Ranger: Transmission questions discussion (reminds me of trying to get over a pass one winter back in '81 when my vacuum got so low my wagon wouldn't shift out of second). Good luck!
  • debvdebv Member Posts: 4
    My Camry was making "clicking" sounds when I tried to start it...turned over hard but would finally catch...I replaced the battery. After replacing the battery it started and I drove to Brewer which is about an hour's drive...took care of my app't. and when I came out the car wouldn't start... and was then told to replace the starter which I did...and it still won't start...not even with a jump...could it possibly be the alternator at this point ??
    Try the Toyota Camry - Battery Questions discussion; someone in there should have some ideas on why replacing your battery worked for a little while.
  • bperricobperrico Member Posts: 13
    For some reason the dashboard clock no longer shows.Is there a fuse just for the clock that I am not finding? I checked the fuse box but cannot see a fuse for it.
  • lon986lon986 Member Posts: 4
    How do I post a message to the gmc sierra 2500hd forum?
    No post message button appears?????
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The Post a Message box appears after the last post in every dicussuion just like it does here.
    What you're probably running into is that you've gone into a discussion for the first time and you're not on the last page of posts. After you choose the appropriate discussion from the list, just click on the Recent Messages link and you'll be on the last page of posts in the discussion. Scroll to the bottom of the page and the Post a Message box will be there.

If you're trying to create a new discussion, you'll find the Add A Discussion link on the right side of the main group page above the list of discussions.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Check out this answer to your earlier question here: pf_flyer, "Lost? Ask a Host for Help!" #50, 4 Nov 2006 7:44 am.
  • drac2000drac2000 Member Posts: 1
    my intrepid when i'm driving at 65 and applied my brakes the front end or better yet my steering wheel shakes. i put on new rotors and brake pads. it still do the same thing. also had the front end checked and the wheels balances. :confuse:
    Try creating a Dodge Intrepid front end shakes discussion in the Dodge Intrepid Group. Look for the Add a Discussion button (or check the Help link at the bottom).
  • sicom007sicom007 Member Posts: 46
    Hi there

This is my first post so need some help. Can you please help me in posting the following?

I need advice from the members on which Car to buy. 2007 Camry SE 4cyl or the 2007 Accord SE 4cyl.

The Camry that I drove has the following options & prices

Base MSRP - 21,940 Invoice - 19,525
    Package EJ - 1,000 750
    Package SR - 940 752
    Package CF - 199 126
    Package RF - 200 160
    Destination - 620 620
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Total MSRP - 24,899 Invoice - 21,933

California Emissions[16] (CA)
    - Color-Keyed Rear Lip Spoiler (RF)
    - JBL® AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer w/8 Speakers in 6 Locations, Satellite Radio Capability[7], MP3/WMA Playback Capability, Aux. Audio Jack, and Bluetooth®[8] Wireless Technology. (EJ)
    - Moonroof Package includes: Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sliding Sunshade, Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Dimmer Control & Rear Personal Reading Lights (SR)

I am getting it for $21,800 + taxes etc for $23,970 on road in SFO Bay area.

I also test drove the 2007 Accord SE whose drive I liked more than the Camry (less noisy & quiet) but I like the looks and features in the Camry. The price on the Accord is
    19,988 + tax.

Since I have to decide on which to buy I need some expert opinions on the cars above. I will really appreciate it. :D

Thanks
    Jay
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Head on over to the Toyota Camry Group main page and scan the list for the Accord vs Camry discussion. That's where you should make your post.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    I am interested in the Prius Touring model that was added for 2007.
    Which topic would likely have general impressions of this model? The Toyota Prius topic is read only.
    There does not seem to be a topic that is not specialized or restricted to one single area of the Prius, everthing is mpg, prices paid, accessories and modifications type of specialized discussions.

Is there any topic to have a non-specialized, general type of "talk about the 2007 Prius Touring"? :confuse:
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You should try the Toyota Prius Owners: Meet the Members discussion. Of course, you could always go to the Toyota Prius group and create your own discussion to best fit your needs.

tidester, host
  • hondanut2hondanut2 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me why I am having such a hard time finding a '07 CRV with Navigation in the LA area? I have other people doing searches and no one can find one. Is it true they are making them in Japan and only shipping 2 or 3 to a dealer? With all the media hype, it would seem every dealer would have at least one with Navi. Thanks. :confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Check our Honda CR-V group. You might try the pricing discussion, but if that doesn't work, feel free to create your own!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• psycozmanpsycozman Member Posts: 2
    i never have done it before.. any advise would be appreciated !!! i live in ny where it gets very cold and we get alot of snow.the garage is not heated or insulated so it can get very cold in there but it is dry.
    questions that come to mind:

should i use a car cover and if so which one/kind ?

i got the car new from the dealer 6 months ago and haven't waxed it yet but water still beads up.should i wax it before storing it ?

should i disconnect the battery or not ?

how often should i start it and how long should it run ?

put it on blocks or just move it a little when i run it to change tire position ?

and anything else someone can think of...thanks !
    Click over to the Ford Mustang board and ask your fellow enthusiasts what they think. You may see an appropriate discussion where you can post, but if not, just use the Add Discussion link on the right to start a new one.

Welcome!
  • barmstrbarmstr Member Posts: 4
    How do I start a new posting area in the Mazda CX-7 Area? Our new CX-7 starts fine but runs at 2000 rpm until the car is put in gear. The transmission slams into gear. The dealer says this is normal. I've never heard of this type of behavior of a car before-especially new.
    We already have a discussion going on about problems with the CX-7 transmission so you can simply post a message in the existing topic. You can find it here: Mazda CX-7 Transmission Questions

tidester, host
  • bishop753bishop753 Member Posts: 8
    Try checking your Tie Rods, that seems to be what happened to me yesterday. They rusted out and we were told it is the norm for the Intrepids.
  • bishop753bishop753 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 1997 Dodge Intrepid and would like to improve the fuel mileage as well as changing my back brakes from drums to rotors. What can be done to do these things?
    Try asking in the Dodge Intrepid Group. MPG and brake discussions tend to be popular topics, so feel free to start them.
  • bmwgranniebmwgrannie Member Posts: 1
    My 2000 BMW sedan has about 50,000 miles. yesterday i blew a head gasket and now my options are replace engine (9K) or ??? is that a fair price? is it worth it to replace engine? :confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    You might try one of these discussions:
    Maintenance & Repair Costs
    To Fix or Trade Up, That is the Question

You can also find other 5-Series owners in our BMW 5-Series group.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pomukpomuk Member Posts: 2
    hello! how can I post my massages??))
  • pomukpomuk Member Posts: 2
    hello! my name is Roman. I've quastion. My father has an Acura MDX 2002. He's living in Moscow. The GPS DVD map is for North America and Canada. Is there any place, where I can buy the GPS DVD map fot Europian countries or DVD map is only for North America and Canada? Thank you!
  • tharpertharper Member Posts: 2
    I have a 03 Subaru outback with 147 thousand miles on it. I recently had to have the spark plug wires replaced and found oil on the plug boots. Cylinder three was the worst. What may be causing this, does any one know??? Help
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    This topic might work for you:

Subaru Outback: Problems & Solutions
    You've figured out posting nicely! Try the Acura MDX: Accessories & Modifications and the Navigation / GPS Systems discussions.
  • jrsbudgirljrsbudgirl Member Posts: 1
    Last night leaving work I rear end my husbands car. When I put my feet on the clutch and brake the car continued on like I had my foot on the gas. When we went to pick the car up for trailer transport, the engine is still reviving like the gas is on and nothing is on the pedal. I think my car is totaled out but was wandering if anyone knew about this problem or something similar? ">
  • lhalachlhalach Member Posts: 1
    just leased an 07 ridgeline, the vehicle doesn't want to start in cold or rainy weather. Anyone experiencing the same problem
  • batg35batg35 Member Posts: 3
    Lately, when it rains, there is an inch or more of water on the floor in the backseat passenger side of my 98 Lincoln. I do have a sunroof and can't seem to find where the water is coming from. Help!!!
    I don't see any stuck throttle posts over in the Saturn Ion discussion. Try asking in that group (Saturn Ion).
    Congrats on the new Ridgeline! Try the Ridgeline Group and you may want to skim the "No Start" Problems discussion too.
    Try the Lincoln Town Car: Problems & Solutions discussion or start a leaking sunroof discussion in the Lincoln Town Car group.
  • 944s944s Member Posts: 42
    hey guys what up,,, i diddnt know which forum to post my question in, so i'll do it here. i was at the auto parts store yesterday, and i came across lots of parts for custom made intake sustem, they come with all of the individual tubing and filters. i looked at the catalog and i saw some really cool looking and radical looking designs,, u can virtually make your own short ram of CAI and route it anyway and anywhere you want. i forgot what the company who makes them was called, but my question was, will it offer the same quality and effects from one of the big mane ones (injen or AEM).?????????? :shades:
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Okay, sounds complicated to me, but I'll bet you'll find some folks who understand on the Speed Shop: Tuning & Modification board. :)
  • 944s944s Member Posts: 42
    OK,,, IS THIS NOT THE Speed Shop: Tuning & Modification board??
    No, it's not. Please follow the link Karen provided and it will take you there. :)

tidester, host
  • surveyorguysurveyorguy Member Posts: 13
    I recently bought a new 07' Chevy 2500HD Silverado 4x4 crew cab with the sunroof option. On the 07' pickups, the sunroof shade is basically a mess screen and does not provide any protection from the sun, it shines right through it. I have contacted Chevy.com and haven't received a satisfactory answer so far. The only remedy my dealer has come up with so far is to tint the sunroof glass a dark tint or go to an auto upholster and have them replace the mess shade with a solid piece of vinyl material to match the interior of the truck. Since this is a roll up type of a screen on the 07's it's totally new and unique to this vehicle unfortunately. I think this is a faulty design by Chevrolet and believe they should be the ones to resolve this problem and do a factory recall or what ever to replace it. Is anyone else out there finding this a problem and if so what are you doing to solve it?
    Other than this issue I love the truck.
    Thanks, surveyorguy
  • bbumeabbumea Member Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a used Honda Civic from a guy who claims he is a dealer, but that he only does it as a side business with one or two cars at a time. I asked him for a business card, but he couldn't produce one. Is there a registery/listing to check whether a dealer is legitimate or not?
    I think I'd look around the Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra group and find (or start) a discussion about sunroof issues. Haven't seen a mesh screen up there before, sounds interesting, if ineffective. :shades:
    Those guys are often called "curbsiders" and often aren't registered. Check the Smart Shopper group for a discussion to ask in - maybe the Purchasing Used Vehicles one.
  • surveyorguysurveyorguy Member Posts: 13
    Thanks I'll do that.
  • denlordenlor Member Posts: 1
    I have 3400 miles on vehicle and have vibration between 50 and 60 MPH. Dodge dealer has balanced tires and wheels, replace drive shaft, replaced ring and pinion, replaced transfer case. installed new tires and wheels. Still have vibrat
  • nissan_pulsarnissan_pulsar Member Posts: 2
    hi i have a 1989 nissan pulsar im working on and it wont start i was wondering if nyone could help me with the problem....when i crank it over it just turns over like it doesnt want to fire but if i hold the gas down it fires but doesnt start i changed the plugs and wires could the timing be off :confuse:
  • nissan_pulsarnissan_pulsar Member Posts: 2
    i had this problem nd i changed the front ball joints and it went away maybe this is the problem
    Is that a Dodge Ram? If so, try the group at that link. If it's another kind of truck, have a look at the group list on our Pickups board.
    Try the "No Start" Problems discussion.
  • askgsaskgs Member Posts: 1
    Break light on my daughter's Accord is on. The car is 100 miles away from where I am. What does it mean? Does it mean that the car is low on break fluid, the break pads need replacing or both? Do the break pads have a sensor?

Thanks