Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Pontiac Grand Prix: Problems & Solutions discussion and check out the others in the Grand Prix group, like the Fuel System one perhaps.
  • primnumbersprimnumbers Member Posts: 2
    My 96 lumina will not start. No power to the starter, no crank no nothing. It has a after mrkt radio, and factory security system. Help
  • ashish_gandhi7ashish_gandhi7 Member Posts: 1
    I have Nissan QX 2.0 manual V6 car with 120K mileage on it.
    I chnaged the battery 5 months ago and did servicing around 6 months ago.
    That day I was driving the car and it started showing battery exhausted warning (red battery symbol), then it stopped showing speed on speedometer. I stopped the car and I could not start the car. With the help of jumper and lead and friend's car I could start it. At some distance, it started showing ABS warning. I kept giving accelerator and it was not speeding up the car and came to an halt. I toes the car and it is now in my drive way. Can some one help if it us just ot do with some oil has run out or is it serious problem. If it is serious problem, then I may probably think of scrapping this car rather than putting pounds on repair.

Quick reply is highly appreciated.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I would start in Nissan Maxima Electrical Issues and Nissan Maxima Maintenance and Repair.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • brolandetbrolandet Member Posts: 3
    where can i post my questions regarding the broken crankshaft of my 95 nissan quest that just happened?

thanks
    Brolandet :cry:
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that. head on over to the Nissan Quest Group and post your question there.
  • havsum33havsum33 Member Posts: 2
    Just found out about this site and wanted to ask a question and possibily get a solution to my 99 Grand Prix 134k idling up and down on its own as if I am pushing the gas pedal. A friend has suggested that it maybe the fuel pump. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet just wanted to see what I could get from here first. Has anyone encountered this problem?
    Pontiac Grand Prix: Fuel System may help; otherwise, browse the other discussions in the Grand Prix group and ask for help in an appropriate one.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    To add to Steve's suggestions, on our Maintenance & Repair board, we've also got a discussion called Idle or Stalling problems - all vehicles

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• goofymdgoofymd Member Posts: 3
    I'm not sure where to get my question answered- did a search bu to no avail.

I have a 04 acura TL, I am planning on trading it in for a 08 G37 coupe. my question is how much money do I put in to repairing the acura prior to trade-in, or am I throwing money out the window?

The interior is in great shape but there are alot of dings on the doors. the windshield has a small crack. does it pay to have it detailed- I would think so?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    This isn't an exact match, but it may be a good place to start.. To Fix Up or Trade Up, that is the question

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• plcboyplcboy Member Posts: 1
    HI EVERYONE
    This is really great and helpfull website anyway this is my first question :
    error code #20 ELECTRICAL LOAD DETECTOR where is the unit and how can I check it
    Thanks a lot
    Welcome, I think I'd start in the Honda Accord (1990-1993) Maintenance & Repair discussion for help with the code.
  • johnpaul4223johnpaul4223 Member Posts: 2
    Does anybody out there own one of these cars that can give me advise about buying one?
  • simonaque14simonaque14 Member Posts: 1
    if anyone here speaks french...id like to know the name of F&I in french...thank you

simon
    I believe it's called assurance et financement at french-speaking dealerships.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• wagkatwagkat Member Posts: 2
    all the idiot lights come on and it is hard to steer when i turn on the AC. What is the issue
    Try the Hyundai Santa Fe Maintenance and Repair discussion for help.
  • bbarger435bbarger435 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in a car I have found at a dealership some 200 miles away. Is it possible to buy a vehicle without actually being there? How would that work?

Would they allow for a personal check w/ proper time to clear? I have found much better deals away from home and hope this is an option where I can have the vehicle shipped. Thanks!

P.S. I couldn't figure out how to start a new topic
    People buy "without actually being there" all the time. You may get some tips in Internet vs. Traditional Car Buying. It wouldn't hurt to just give the dealership a call.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • bbarger435bbarger435 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for that info. One smaller car lot I called said it wasnt possible. I will give this place a call tomorrow, as it is a real dealership.
  • researchworksresearchworks Member Posts: 2
    Hi There.

I got what I think is a good lease price in the Metro Detroit area. 36 months, 15K miles, manual, sign and drive for $208 plus tax.

My question is this: "Where might I expect to be tricked? What other questions do I need to ask before I step into the box?" Thanks!
  • erchidderchidd Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Toyota Avalon with a JBL stereo system. (AD6900) I seem to have gotton a c.d. stuck and it won't release it. The radio still works but, when I push c.d. it tells me the player is full, but won't eject. HELP
  • auto_guyauto_guy Member Posts: 7
    When I have a c. d. that is stuck I use a pair of tweezers and use a flashlight and shine it on the c. d. deck. Then I insert the tweezers on the upper portion of the c. d. deck. And then I push the eject button. Hopefully the c. d. should come out. If you have any questions or not sure of my explanation just hit the reply button.
    You may be able to get some help in Toyota Avalon Audio Questions.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    There are some more tips (including the tweezers one) in the Stuck CD? Try One of These Tricks Guide here.
  • darcanddarcand Member Posts: 3
    BOY, I WISH I READ THIS FEEDBACK BEFORE I BOUGHT IN DEC. I HAVE ALWAYS OWNED CHRYSLER T&C WITH 3.8 ENGINE.. THEY ALWAYS GET 24-25 HIGHWAY AND 18 CITY. I ONLY LEFT CHRYSLER BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE THE STOW & GO SEATS. MY WINDOW STICKER SAID THE HONDA WAS RATED 26HIGHWAY AND 18 CITY.. NO WAY.. THEY ARE LYING! I HAVE 3000 MILES ON IT AND THE BEST TEST I'VE DONE IS 22MPG , 16MPG MIXED USE AND MOSTLY ALL CITY 9 TO 13MPG. I'LL NEVER BUY A HONDA VAN AGAIN BECAUSE OF THIS DECEPTION. DAN
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Well, the thing is that it's not the manufacturer who estimates the mileage, it's the EPA. Why don't you drop by the Honda Odyssey group and talk it over with your fellow owners.

And let me suggest that you don't post in all caps. That makes your post very hard to read and it looks like you are yelling at us. :)

Good luck.
  • hidingbackwardhidingbackward Member Posts: 19
    I have a 2007 Rabbit that was purchased a few months ago with a problem that is really annoying. My left front tire has been replaced 2 times for being "out of round" by Discount Tire (b/c vw doesn't certify its tires). Now this will be the 3rd out of round tire I have had in the same location. I'm going to be taking it in to my VW dealer, but was wondering if anyone has experienced this same issue? or does anyone know what could by causing my car to "hop" all over the road?
    thanks..

p.s. - i also posted this question in the VW forum
    Well, you did the right thing - that's the best place to get feedback from other Rabbit owners.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• 84volvo240dl84volvo240dl Member Posts: 1
    I have an 84 240DL and it is my baby. It has the original tape player in it, the tape goes in sideways and it is really simple. The guy I bought the car from made a big deal about how it was the original radio, and he had it rebuilt when it broke. Well, it broke again and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get something like this done (rebuilt), how much it might cost, or where I can get the same one. The cars at the junkyard never have the radios in them anymore. Any advice would help. Thanks a lot.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I would think eBay is the perfect place to find a replacement, or advertise for it on craigslist. I wouldn't bother trying to have it fixed---there are no parts for it anyway and bench time at stereo shops is at least $60 an hour.
  • classiclincolnclassiclincoln Member Posts: 1
    I recently imported a 2001 Town Car into Canada and regulations require it to have daytime running lights. Carfax indicated that prior to being exported to Maine, the car was originally registered in Canada. Therefore, I believe it already has a DRL module, but has been deactivated. If so, where would I locate the DRL module? Thanks!
    There's an electrical issues and general maintenance/repair discussion in the Lincoln Town Car group. Try one of those.
  • farmboychevyfarmboychevy Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: i have a 1998 chevy blazer 4x4 4.3l, it has 115,000 miles on it. about four months ago i had the motor replaced with a used motor because the old one had metal shavings in it. now the check engine light is on. i called the garage that put the motor in it and they told me it was my problem. so i checked the code with a scanner and looked up the code and it said it was a " small emission leak". what does that mean??? i had to get it e=checked so i went to advance auto parts and used their scanner to erase the code and it worked it passed, but the light is back on with the same code. can someone help me??? thanks chad
    Chevrolet Blazer GMC Jimmy Check Engine Light may help.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mushy5350mushy5350 Member Posts: 2
    recently we bought a 2002 ford taurus. unfortunately we don't have the owners manual yet. our gas tank indicator light came on and we arent sure how to make it go off. we have opened the gas cap and put it back on several times. the lite is still on. this did not happen until it started to rain the other day. im not sure if that had anything to do with it. if someone could tell us how to make this light go off i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you
    Marsha
    Try the Taurus/Sable Maintenance & Repair discussion; and maybe you mean the Check Engine Light? There's also a "Check Engine" light discussion that may help.
  • gembo1gembo1 Member Posts: 2
    I own one of the infamous 2002 Rendezvous vehicles. The SERVICE TRACTION SYSTEM LIGHT comes on several minutes after I start this car nearly every time. Also the ANTI LOCK light come on. I read several of the FAQ's and there seems to be several different possible problems. Have you been able to narrow down the most obvious solution to this? All brakes have been replaced within the last several thousand miles (not by me). No bearing work has been done. Sometimes, the light does not come on at all, but rarely is this the case. I have not had the car put on a diagnostic computer. Any help or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
    Gembo
    Those issues are being discussed in 2002 Buick Rendezvous Class Action?. You should also try Buick Rendezvous Maintenance and Repair.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • crowancrowan Member Posts: 1
    i have 1999 dodge dually 4x4 my problem is at about 42mph the transmission shifts up and down if i get above 42 or below 40 it's fine if i turn overdrive off i have this same problem but it's about 32mph .can anyone tell me what is causing this. thanks C Rowan
    Dodge Ram: Transmission Problems may help.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • megaramegara Member Posts: 1
    I have a problem with my Chevy Blazer(1993) fuel pump.
    After I switch off the engine, the fuel pump continues to work. To stop it, I always need to take the fuse off the panel. May you guys please tell me what do I need to do, to remove that problem.
    Here's a good place to start: Blazer Fuel Pump Problems

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • needanewcar3needanewcar3 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks in advance for any insight...

1992 Honda Civic... The "low beam" is not working, but the high beam works fine on one of the headlights... Can I simply replace a bulb or do I have to replace the whole headlight?

Thanks!
  • k8ek8e Member Posts: 1
    I do not recommend anyone buy a Toyota from Gresham Toyota in Gresham Oregon. They are not responsive to their customers' needs, they are negligent and unwilling to rectify problems that occur on their property or even take any responsibility for adequately maintaining a safe environment on their property. In particular, their Customer Service Manager is NOT. She is rude, sarcastic, and accusatory. Do not recommend this company. There are lots and lots of Toyota dealerships in the Portland Metro area. Buy from someone else!!!
    k8e
    You should find Older Civic Maintenance and Repair helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper