Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    There are several discussions you may be interested in. I would recommend Dealer Dis-Service Horror Stories and Choosing a Dealer - What to Look For

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • atqatq Member Posts: 2
    Hi, my name's aTQ,I own a workshop,specilized in body repair,I'm ordered to restore a 1977 toyota celica,the car's condition is very bad,lotsof lost body line and shape,I need to get the original dimension/shape something like catalogues/pictures of it so i can return it to its original..
    Kindly need advise..
    Best regards..
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Hm... you might have a look at this Online Repair Manuals guide, and check in our Toyota Celica group to see if other owners/enthusiasts can help.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gembo1gembo1 Member Posts: 2
    I decided to have a diagnostic test run on my Rendezvous and it turned out to be the right thing to do. A sensor on the front, right wheel hub had gone bad. Problem is that the sensor alone could not be replaced and the job required a complete hub assembly to be changed at a cost of $384.78. The price did not surprise me since nothing can be done at a reasonable price anymore. I am just happy that it wasn't the ABS pump. The mechanic had told me beforehand that it was a possibility. However, the problem has been solved and I can now walk upright again since my wife got off my back.
    Gembo
  • qdog1qdog1 Member Posts: 2
    hello, i am looking to buy a rim or rims for a 2005 hyundai elantra gt hatchback. It or they can be new or used in god condition...please help...qdog1
  • qdog1qdog1 Member Posts: 2
    hello, i am looking to buy a rim or rims for a 2005 hyundai elantra gt hatchback. It or they can be new or used in good condition...please help...qdog1
    The folks in Hyundai Elantra: Tires & Wheels should be able to point you in the right direction.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    The folks in Hyundai Elantra: Tires & Wheels should be able to point you in the right direction.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • debellocivilidebellocivili Member Posts: 10
    I want to know how much I should pay for a 07 Tacoma Prerunner Regular cab, and I am thinking about asking in the Tacoma: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences forum. Is there a better forum?

(I've done my research and I know how much Edmunds, carsdirect, etc suggest, but I figure it can't hurt to get more information.)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    That is the place... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bull3bull3 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 1994 f-150 pickup with an inline 6-cyl., 5-speed tranny, with 2-wd. you have to push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor to get the truck into gear. I've checked the clutch master cyl. and it is full. Is there any adjustment on the inside of the bell housing? or do I have to completely replace the clutch assembly?
    Check the Ford F-Series group for a suitable topic. You should also try Got a Quick, Technical Question?.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • my97jimmymy97jimmy Member Posts: 15
    Well...now it's my turn for transmission problems. I hope someone can help.

Scoop: I have a 1997 GMC Jimmy w/4 wheel drive, automatic transmission, V6 vortec engine, and 155K miles. Trans fluid and filter was changed at 80K. The trans worked fine yesterday, but today it's stuck in 3rd gear.

Additional info: I can manually shift it into second gear and third gear, but no first gear or overdrive. Also, twice this morning when I put it in park and shut it off, I couldn't turn the ignition to off to get the key out without starting it back up and working the shifter thru the gears a couple times.

Any help would be greatlu appreciated.
    Keith
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hi Keith, copy/paste your post over in the Chevrolet Blazer GMC Jimmy Transmission Problems discussion and someone should be able to help you out.
  • my97jimmymy97jimmy Member Posts: 15
    Thanks steve.
    This is a great site.
    Been doing some reading here and learning alot.
  • tocapallatocapalla Member Posts: 16
    Hello. I have a question about leases I have never seen on the Lease question forums and need some help and advice. I am thinking of assuming a lease for a Lexus E350, Ultra package. The current lease is $607.per month including taxes, for the 28 months remaining on the lease. The current lease holder is in a state with 6.5% tax, and I live in a state with a 5% tax rate.Does anyone know how Lexus handles lease assumptions? Their transfer fee is $45.00. Wouldn't my note be less? I need help! THANKS in advance.
    I'm not up on my sedans, but I think you mean the ES 350? Try the Lexus ES 350: Lease Questions discussion for help.
  • romo23romo23 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 94 civic and my brakelights are stuck on. i have checked all fuses and am stuck. can anyone please help me?
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    It's probably a bent brake pedal or more likely the switch for the brake lights behind your brake pedal is bent out a bit and is staying on or sticking. Check out the Honda area and I bet they'll know exactly what the problem is.

-mike
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    And here's the trap door to the Honda Civic group.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bigg2bigg2 Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE A 1976 GRAND MARQUIS 460. I PURCHASE A REBUILD KIT FOR THE CARB. A MOTORCRAFT 4350. IT SEEMED EASY ENOUGH TO REBUILD. BUT NOW WHEN A START IT, GAS COMES BUBBLING OUT OF THE TOP OF THE CARB. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I think I'd start in the Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion. Someone there can probably help you or give you a better place to ask.
  • jennianjennian Member Posts: 4
    does anyone have the latest money factor, residual and incentives for a 36 mo lease on a 2007 tahoe?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The place to ask this would be in the Chevrolet Tahoe: Lease Questions discussion.

The Browse By Vehicle search tool in the left sidebar is a quick way to find discussions about the vehicles you're interested in. Just select the make and model and you'll be taken to the list of all discussions about that vehicle.
  • deejay2099deejay2099 Member Posts: 36
    Hello,
    I have a unique question. Does anyone know of a website that posts the best available leases for all vehicles? My current lease is almost up and I am not married to any vehicle in particular and would just be looking for the best lease deal I could get. Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
  • btjohnsbtjohns Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased the cross bars for the luggage rack but have no idea how to install them. Can someone give me some direction on this topic?
  • jc4runnerjc4runner Member Posts: 1
    I have replaced the starter three times in the past two months. The truck will start fine, but once in a while I have to go underneath and bang the starter to get it going.
    I have explanined the situation with a couple of mechanics and both seem to think it's a starter issue. All three starters have acted the same way. They are re-built starters that I purchase at the auto parts store. Since they come with a one year warranty, I have been able to return the previous two. I would like to nip this issue in the butt already. I want to think that it is an electical issue, but i'm not sure. What is my next step? thank you in advance.
    Take a look around in Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy and check out the "No Start" Problems discussion too.

Someone in the 1st Generation Toyota 4Runners (84-89) discussion may be able to pin it down to something model specific so that may be the best place to start posting.
  • rostanekrostanek Member Posts: 3
    Getting the run around from Audi Customer Support on my mom's 01 A4. Had the "ignition coil" replacement" during 2003 at 12k miles; now, the "ingition coils" are bad again 20k later. Very inconsistent with "Vorsprung durch Technik" or any notion of dedication to quality. Where can I solicit some help in finding a sympathetic ear at Audi (including in the EU)?
    You can talk with other A4 owners in Audi A4 2004 and earlier and you may find Audi A4 Maintenance and Repair helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • ronchee1ronchee1 Member Posts: 1
    Is there a site that tracks average selling prices of used vehicles throughout the country....or at least what models are in demand and what are not?

I became interested in this when I sold a sentra (or at least tried to) in Las vegas...I had an ad running for two weeks, during that time I only had one call....I then took the car to Salt lake city , same car, same price, both advertised in local papers, two weeks later....first day of the ad I had 15 calls, could have sold the car 5 times over on day one........the difference was mind-boggling!!

Now in south florida , I have a 03 dakota, I bought new for $1500 below invoice...it's been in autotrader for 6 months now , competitively priced, and I haven't gotten a single call yet!!...is the used pickup martket in south florida dead? I tried the local paper ...and if i want to sell it here, looks like i'll have to take a $9000 loss....would i be better off selling it somewhere else?
  • rostanekrostanek Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the suggestions; it may seem like obvious to you, but I wanted to post in the right place.

Ray Ostanek
    You can use our TMV new car prices, used car pricing, used car values at Edmunds (True Market Value) to get local prices. Just pick out the specific model and enter a zip code.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • birdgalbirdgal Member Posts: 1
    A Cadillac dealer has offered me a "Trade-One Pay Lease" on my 2005 Acura TL for a 2007 CTS(sticker price $37229). To sum it up they'll give me a trade in on my car with 3600 miles for $25,000 (NADA Guides values at $29,450) and they'll give me $7800 cash. No up front cash from me. A 3 year lease, no payments (thus, the One Pay Lease). I paid $34,000 for the Acura. I'm stymied as to whether this is a good deal. I've read all the Tips & Advice by Edmonds (THANK YOU) but no where is anything like this mentioned. Your opinions please.
  • taz16taz16 Member Posts: 29
    Can anyone tell when you buy a vehicle in another state, do you pay for that state tax or pay for your own state tax?

also when a vehicle is delivered to you from another state, is it dropped off at your attended destination?
    I'd start in the Cadillac CTS: Lease Questions discussion.
    Check out the Vehicle Sales Tax Questions discussion for your tax question - be sure to mention the states involved.

Try the Internet vs. Traditional Car Buying discussion for your buying out of state question.
  • kandbert1kandbert1 Member Posts: 9
    I have been reading many post that dealers can charge there own money factor as long as it is not lease then the financing company. My question is when negotiating a lease and the dealer gives you a money factor how do you know if it one from the finance company or the dealer inflating it? Are there any printed information on money factors chharged by the finance companies?
    There are some threads about money factors in the Leasing vs. Purchasing discussion, so I'd try in there. Check out the leasing discussion for the make/models you are shopping in the Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences board too.
  • abc1923abc1923 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,
    I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix. I am thinking about changing my factory installed Cd player with after market cd player. I have heard that that would damage car's alarm system.Has anyone changed their Cd player, ran into any problem? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
  • bj1kbj1k Member Posts: 1
    Need help from the experts! I can't seem to find positive identification on my engine. The casting date is Aug. 22, 1975. casting # 355909. Numbers on front engine pad in front of head 16W108727 - T0829CPB. Head numbers are 354434 which shows it to be 262/267/305. This appears to be just a standard engine but has the double humps on the heads. I would think maybe a Z28 but I have heard they didn't make a Z28 in 75. If anyone can figure this one out I will give you a gold star. Thanks guys
    You can discuss it with other owners in Pontiac Grand Prix - 2005 and earlier.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Someone in Got a Quick, Technical Question? may be able to help you.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • lmack1lmack1 Member Posts: 2
    I have taken my Crossfire back to the dealer three times to try to improve AM radio reception on the stock radio. All I can receive are high power local stations and when I say local I mean local. They can't find anything wrong but admit that the radio does not work properly. My guess is that it is an antenna problem but they say that it checks out OK. Anyone else have problems with reception? Otherwise I love the car!
  • sunnyday220sunnyday220 Member Posts: 2
    :cry: Hello all, I really need some fast help. I am trying to get out of a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230. Because of a great promotion on my job, I now have 22,000 miles on the car and I bought it new in July 06 and the miles will keep coming. I found several dealers that are offering incentives one of which is Volvo on the S60. After offering $30,000 on the S60, the dealer said he'd only give me $19,000 on my trade. The payoff is $35,000. :cry: . Should I just give up and live with my huge Mercedes mistake, or is there someone who can give me advise on this issue. My credit score is 679 -711. Help please.
    You should find Owe more than it's worth... I'm upside down and I can't get up! interesting.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • romeo66romeo66 Member Posts: 1
    i got a subaru RS 1995 n was wondering if its possible 2 fit in a pod filter :shades: