Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus LS 460 Lease Questions

patpat Member Posts: 10,421
edited May 2015 in Lexus
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Lexus LS 460 Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Lexus LS 460 page.

Comments

• mbonusmbonus Member Posts: 15
    If you can even get your hands on one...

What is the lease program for November? What are the numbers for 24mth 15K/Yr and 36mth 15K/yr with tier 1 credit.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Lexus' December to Remember" sales event started on November 14th. Through this program, its buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 LS 460 is .00265 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. Make sure that this is the factor that is used to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mbonusmbonus Member Posts: 15
    Thanks Car_Man,

Do you know what the residuals should be for 15K mile 36mth and 48mth leases respectively? Would the residual get a 1% bump for 12K miles?

Thanks,

Mike
    No problem, Mike. Unfortunately, Lexus is not currently providing lease support on the 2007 LS 460. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. LFS' buy rate standard lease money factor varies slightly by region, but it is currently around .00275 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. LFS' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a base 2007 LS 460 is 56%. The residual for an otherwise identical 48 month lease is 46%. The residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • socalcar1socalcar1 Member Posts: 11
    I went to a dealer today that quoted me 55% residual on a 36 month lease, and 45% on a 48 month lease. the money factor quoted was .00345. These numbers are different from those car_man mentioned in January 17 post. Is this dealer lying to me? Also, I have read on these forums that often lease companies can give better residuals and financing than the dealer. Where would I find a reputable lease company and is the dealer required to let me use outside financing? Thanks for any insight.
    Hello socalcar1. The money factor that you were quoted is too high. Lexus' standard lease money factor varies by region, but is is currently around .00275 or so for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier. Chances are that the dealer you are working with is trying to mark your car's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. There should be tons of Lexus dealers in the Southern California area. It would be in your best interest to comparison shop with a few dealers to see what sort of money factor others quote you. You can arrange outside financing for your Lexus on your own, but I haven't heard about any consumers who were able to find an independent bank that had better deals than Lexus Financial Services recently.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_Man:

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate it as I am close to purchasing this car. Today I went to another dealer who quoted me .00295 but I'll keep looking until I find the .00275. Two follow up quick questions. Today's dealer offered me 1000 below msrp, while the previous deal was at msrp. But they also included a $600 Bank Fee in the cap cost. Is it necessary to pay Lexus Financial this bank fee, and is $1000 off MSRP really the best I'm going to do on an LS460? Thanks!

socalcar1
  • carman77471carman77471 Member Posts: 14
    Try Interstate Auto Leasing out of Houston, they are nationwide.
    Carman 77471 your advice was great. I called Interstate and they were able to find a dealer in Southern CA that gave me the best deal I could find. I even spoke to another broker well plugged in to Lexus dealers that said he couldn't get the same price from that same CA dealer. Interstate is less than one year old but the owners of the business take the calls and they're basically middlemen. You still do the ultimate deal with the dealership so there is no risk. Thanks for the recommendation.
    You're welcome, socalcar1. Lexus Financial Services charges an acquisition fee of $600 on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge. Try stopping by the following discussion for feedback on how much you can expect to pay for this car right now: "Lexus LS 460: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • roman7roman7 Member Posts: 15
    Hi CarMan!
    What's a money factor and residual for Lexus LS 460L 2007 in April (12K a year for 36 month) for Tier 1 customers?
    Thank you very much!
    Here you go, roman7. Lexus is not currently providing any lease support on the 2007 LS 460L. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. I believe that its buy rate standard lease money factor varies slightly by region, but it should be around .00275 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier and .00010 higher than that for "Tier 1." This car's current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value is 53% without the Executive Package or Pre-Collision.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hmthmt Member Posts: 1
    Hello Carman, I am new to this forum and top leasing. I am interested in a LS460, but need about 20k miles per year. What are the keys figures I need to know when speaking to the dealer? I understand residual value, but what is the .00275 you mention in your answers? Thansk for any help
  • travelingtom90travelingtom90 Member Posts: 3
    My lease is ending for my LS430 and while reviewing my lease documents I noticed an expense on the lease for a rental payment of 8309.28. What is this fee? When I ran the numbers in the lease calculator I didn't see anyhting that spoke to a rental fee. I live in GA. (Gwinnett County)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    The rental fee (or more commonly referred to as the rent charge) is the finance portion of the lease payment. Depreciation and finance, plus taxes, make up the lease payment.

It it had been a loan, that would have been the total interest paid.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• travelingtom90travelingtom90 Member Posts: 3
    Can you provide the lease rate factor and residual value on a 48 month lease w/12K miles? I'm in the Atlanta, GA area.
  • bennyhoppybennyhoppy Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a Lexus LS 460L and wanted to find out the lease rate/money factor and residual in Southern California(Orange County) for the month of July 2007? Is the residual % taken from the "agreed upon price" or other?

Also, if I extend my search into August and/or September, where I can find this information on the web?

Thank you

BennyHoppy
    Hi travelingtom90. Lexus just enhanced its lease program last week. Its new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a base 2007 LS 460 with 12,000 miles per year are .00265 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello BennyHoppy. Lexus just enhanced its money factor for this car slightly last week. I have not seen its specific lease program for your area, but in the areas that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '07 LS 460L without the Executive or Pre-Collision Packages with 15,000 miles per year are .00265 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including destination.

Car_man
    Host
  • jruncojrunco Member Posts: 4
    Hello Everyone!

I read these boards often and want thank everyone for their contributions. There is a lot of great information, opinions and advice (ie. MSD's, etc.). With that said I would like to know if anyone knows the current residual value and MF for a 2008 LS460 (12K/Miles per year & Tier 1 Credit)?

Thanks in advance!
  • scotomatascotomata Member Posts: 6
    Being offered a 2008 LS 460 with MF of .00295 with a residual of .44 for 48 months.
    Is this the current best Lexus offer? Can you also buy down this money factor with multiple security deposits?
    You're very welcome, jrunco. I am glad that you enjoy this discussion so much. Lexus is not currently providing any lease support on the 2008 LS 460. That means that if you want to lease one through Lexus Financial Services' right now, you will have to use its standard lease program. I believe that LFS' buy rate standard lease money factor varies somewhat by region, but it should be around .00275 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier right now. This car's residual values vary by term. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for, so for now I will assume 36 months. LFS' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for a base '08 LS 460 is 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi scotomata. .00295 is an attractive lease money factor for this model right now. This is much lower than the factors that I have seen being offered by Lexus Financial Services. I wonder if the dealer that you are working with is running your lease through an independent bank instead of LFS. Do you know?

Lexus Financial Services' allows consumers to buy down vehicles' money factors by making additional security deposits. If provides a .00010 money factor reduction for every additional security deposit after the first, up to a maximum of nine.

Car_man
    Host
    I had thought the MF was .00265 from Lexus. Was that for 2007? I see MF's around .00235 on the Car leasing sites. Are these MF's I see on these web sites false?
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Does anyone know what the current MF and Residual rates are?
    My financing is through Lexus and the MF starting point was 265 although I did have to push to get that. Did do multiple security deposits. Wonder what the December to remember rates are now.
  • roman7roman7 Member Posts: 15
    Hello Carman!
    Can you tell what's a money factor in Colorado for 36 or 48 month with 12K or 15 K per year for customers with tier 1 credit on Lexus LS 460 L 2008?
    Your answer will help a lot!
    Thank you! :)
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Does anyone know what the current MF and Residuals are for a 2008 LS 460? This is in So. Cal and is top tier credit and customer loyalty. Also, does anyone know what the standard drive off fees are? From what I gather it's $600 for the Acquisition fee and the destination charge is $765 (and included in MSRP). Are there any other things I should be aware of? Thank you.
    Hi sprinkler13. In the areas that I have seen Lexus' new December to Remember lease program for, Lexus Financial Services' December to Remember buy rate lease money factor for all 2008 LS 460 trim levels is .00230 for leases up to 48 months. This car's residual values vary depending upon how it is equipped, the length of the lease, and its mileage allowance. If you let me know what these variables are, I would be happy to tell you what the residual value is for the combination that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello roman7. In the areas that I have seen Lexus' December to Remember lease program for, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 LS 460 L with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sprinkler13. A 48 month lease of this car is a much better idea than a 60 month lease for a number of reasons. First, Lexus' special lease money factors are only available for up to a maximum of 48 months. Also, 5 years is a long time to be committed to one vehicle. A lot can change over that period of time. You could want a new vehicle because your lifestyle changes or you just plain get sick of your current one. Your commute could change causing you to go way over your mileage allowance, etc... Furthermore, Lexus' bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage is only available for up to 48 months so you go with a 60 month lease you will have to pay out of your own pocket to fix any non-powertrain problems that your car has.

In the areas that I have seen Lexus' new December to Remember lease program for, Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a base 2008 LS 460 with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. At lease signing, you will have to pay your car's first month's payment, LFS' $600 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. I believe that LFS is waiving its security deposit requirement for Tier 1+ leases right now. The destination charge is considered to be part of your vehicle's price ant it will be included in its capitalized cost and become part of your monthly payment rather than be paid at signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Looking at a 2008 Base LS460 ($68,705) + it has an ADM sticker of $2995 for chrome rims. Any idea how much mark-up is in those rims? How much can be residualized?

I saw your previous post stating the .00230 MF and 53% residual for a 48/15k lease. Do you have numbers for a 36/15k lease? If we've leased with LFS in the past, is that the Encore Program and what does that entitle us too?

Appreciate your help!!!!!!
    Carman,

Just wanted to point out as to not confuse anyone... you stated in your last post that the residual on an LS460 base with terms of 48 mo/15k lease was 53%. You meant 43%, right?? 53% is the 36/15k residual.

Thanks so much for all your insight; it has proven to be very helpful!!
  • atlantageorgiaatlantageorgia Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know about the cash rebates of $50-$250 on the Lexus lease special for the December to Remember event? The rebate is 50-250 off the lease price (depending on the price of the vehicle. I was told it is for the duration of the lease term.
  • lmsportzlmsportz Member Posts: 3
    I live in South Florida. Want to lease ls460 with naviagtion system. 36 months 45000 miles. What rate or payment should I be looking for. Little down. Top credit
    Based on current Lexus Financial money factors, residuals and assuming a cap cost around $2500 over invoice (based on a vehicle that MSRP's at around $69k) you're looking at between $950-$1000/mo with drive offs only.

Again, this is just a ballpark... and it's assuming a base model with no additional items such as chrome rims, window tinting, etc.

If you have an exact car picked out and know the MSRP, I can run some numbers for you and get you a better estimate.
    The car has a list of $70355.00.

36 month 15,000 miles annual

Can a get out of dealer with first payment down and cost of license?

What would monthly payments be. I have great credit rating.

Thanks for help
    I'm trying to buy or lease a 2008 LS460. Have a 2005 LS430 with 45,000 miles in excellant condition (new tires & new brakes) to sell or trade in. The dealer have offered me $28,500 irregauardless if I biy or lease from him. Seem very low to me. What do you think.
  • sidgriggssidgriggs Member Posts: 122
    Too Low. If that car had been on a 3yr, 15,000 mile lease the residual would be approx 32,500. Either your car is an ugly ducklin or has damage or your dealer is trying to make too much on you,
    Imsportz,

Payments on that vehicle assuming a cap cost of $63855 (~$2000 over invoice) for a term of 36mo/15k would be right around $1040/mo (assuming 7% sales tax). The monthly payments also assume that $70355 is the actual MSRP and there are no ADM's (additional dealer mark-up stickers) for items like chrome rims etc. If so, the payments would be higher based on the fact that aftermarket equipment either can't or only very small portions can residualized. The numbers are based on drive off fees only which should include: 1st mo payment, DMV fees, Doc Fee, Acquisition Fee, Security Deposit (should be waived for Tier 1 + credit). Approx. $1500-$2000 to drive off.

These numbers are based on current LFS residual values and buy rate money factors. The money factor is in effect 'til January 2. Most likely it will rise after that date.

I must apologize, my initial numbers of $950-$1000/mo were based on a 48mo/15k lease... sorry!
  • pitofmystomachpitofmystomach Member Posts: 3
    I was offered a sales price of 62,200 on a 68,200 msrp car. Money factor is .0265. 3 years, 12k miles a year. 55% residual.

Is this a market money factor in December to remember event? How about sales price?
    I just leased the 68,700 msrp car. Money factor was .0023. Sales price was at invoice (60280). Residual was 53% for 3 years at 15k miles a year. This was in SoCal.
    Wow! What dealership capped the cost at invoice for you?

.00230 is the correct buy rate for 36 and 48 mo terms. 53% and 43% for the residuals.

E-mail me @ ocautoseeker@yahoo.com
    Lexus of Glendale
    Did you have a trade or purchase any products on the back-end?
  • charliemcharliem Member Posts: 12
    I negotiated a price of 69,000.00 off of a msrp of 76,500 on a fully loaded including the chrome wheels. What would my lease be with 24 and 27 month lease through lexus with 15k per year. No money down and i'm in pennsylvania. Could you also tell me what tax is. T
    Thank you
  • charliemcharliem Member Posts: 12
    i got the ls460 l with mark lev and park assist sticker was 76800 plus got the chrome wheels. they took 8k off of msrp plus i got the wheels for $800 installed. I have a 36 month lease with 15k miles per year. i put no cap down. total out of pocket is 2100. we have 9% sales tax in pa. payment is 1280 a month. Good deal?
    Couple things so I can clarify... Is the $76,800 the total MSRP, or is does that price include the chrome rims? Is there an additional dealer mark-up (ADM) sticker next to the window sticker showing the price of the rims? Is this a SWB or an L model?

Has the dealer specified the residual and current buy rate money factor?

I'm guessing you are paying the acquisition fee upfront as part of your drive off fees?

Let me know and I'll run some numbers for you.
  • juanbronjuanbron Member Posts: 3
    after 3 years of an A8, a car that I love but has been in the shop at least 10 times a year, i have decided that i want either a ls460 or the gs hybrid. I have to admit i have lexus lease sticker shock. The BMW residual value is so much higher I just don't understand who is leasing a lexus? Attached is the post I have on the 450h board but the same circumstances apply to the ls460. Please reply with any advise you have or is everyone just buying these cars?
    Incidentally, the price im being quoted on the gs is not much less than a similarly outfitted ls, albeit without the hybrid system. figure a couple grand down and a little over 1000 a month for the gs versus around 860 per month for similarly outfitted and msrp'd 535i. thanks: below is my gs post lease post if interested:
    I have made tons of calls to fleet managers, etc. and it seems that the gs450h, leases for a tremendous amount more than commensurate cars in its class. Granted, its the only hybrid in its class, but if you build a 2008 535i and get it to just about the same equipment level of the gs450h, and they have a very similar msrp, the 535i leases for a tremendous amount less. Not to bore you with all the specifics, but on minimum drive off leases, on a 36 month 12k lease the price difference is around 150 dollars more per month for the gs hybrid. I am trying desperately to lease this car but feel its a rip off because Lexus sets its residual value so low. Couple this with the fact that bmw pays for brake pads, etc. and i have a hard time pulling the trigger.
    My questions is what is the secret to leasing this great car at a price more in line with what bmw is leasing its cars at? Or do i just bite the bullet and buy the car?
    juanbron,

The secret is really no secret... BMW has cornered the leasing market by constantly subventing their programs usually with inflated residuals and/or low money factors. It's not that Lexus has crummy residuals, they are just realistic.

If you really want the Lexus, you're probably better off buying it outright and keeping it for awhile as it will be very reliable. On the other hand, the BMW is a great car to lease for a few years , especially while it's still under warranty and all your maintenance is paid for.

You might want to check out leasecompare.com to shop different bank programs on the Lexus. Typically with secondary lenders, you may find better money factors, but usually lower residuals than what the captive finace companies offer. Worth a look though if you really want to lease a Lexus.
This discussion has been closed.