Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazdaspeed6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• joe131joe131 Member Posts: 998
    what was the price before adding tax and license plates?
  • j2adlemaj2adlema Member Posts: 4
    Tax was something like $1750. I always talked out the door pricing so I would have to look at my paperwork. The price was around $24K before tax and transfers.
    Invoice:
    2007 GT MS6 = +$27,608
    Nav = +$1,600
    Moonroof = +$560
    Factory Holdback = -$664.4
    3% Dealer profit = +$873.11

You should pay $29,976.71
    Plus Tax = $1834.30 (6% in MI)
    Plus destination change = $595
    Total = $32,406.01 (out the door)

So to answer the question you may be able to get some more off. The best way is to wait for cash back so it is taken off the principal even though you are taxed for it still. Buy a new 2006 if you can still find one. My dealer found a few in Ohio so it depends on the location and what options/color you want.
  • jtgamblejtgamble Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, I'll be sure to take that info with me. I'll be going for a test drive on Sunday.
  • rbrubakerrbrubaker Member Posts: 54
    Just picked it up Friday. Paid $24,800. If you are in the San Diego area, John Hine Mazda as 6 more.

So far I love it.
  • zoomspeed7zoomspeed7 Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys I got my MS6 no moonroof and no navigation for 24650 Out the Door Price in the same dealership rbrubaker go it. (thanks for the hint rbrubaker)
    John Hine Mazda in san diego CA. The sales guy was Steve(italian guy tall), very nice sales man, and no beating up the bushes. NEgotiate over the phone and when you are happy with the price go there before end of FEB. I believe they have 2 left both are GT w moonroof and nav, but they both have black/white interior which i didnt like.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Come in out of the winter cold and enjoy some time with your fellow Mazda enthusaists and CarSpace friends!

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
  • gotocalugotocalu Member Posts: 2
    Alright, Just bought in Cleveland on 2/28:
    -o6 MS6 GT, w/blAck&white leather, moonroof
    sticker:$31185
    -I got S plan price due to employer
    -Got $6250 in rebates-Put $2k down
    -$1500 for my trade
    -7% tax
    -------
    OUT THE DOOR AT $21,800
    How did I do?
    BTW, Classic Mazda still has a whitewater pearl (moonroof only) & Black cherry mica (nav,moon,sirius)
    no ms6 sports on the lot.
    Really happy thus far.
    How did you do? Not enough info to tell.
    A lot depends on whether you got a fair amount for your trade.
    Very nice!!. GotoCalu. More money to your pockets.
    By the way guys Do not buy From Tustin Mazda in California. Sales Team is full of crap
  • rbrubakerrbrubaker Member Posts: 54
    Did you get it from Steve Camacho? That's who I closed the deal with. I did most of the communications with his partner Brent over the phone. He was not available when I picked it up.

Did you get the white one? I was debating between that one and the one I got. I didn't like the back/white interior either.
  • stefystefy Member Posts: 2
    just got an 06 MS6 GT, all black interior, NAV, moonroof, certified,manufacturer demo with 2300m for $24000.
  • waygrabowwaygrabow Member Posts: 214
    Very nice car at an excellent price. 2300 miles is nothing in the scheme of things....I'd call that new. My wife thinks that I should have gotten the NAV, moonroof, etc. Moving up from the Mazda3, the basic Speed6 seemed like a luxury car to me.
  • mchangmchang Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone have any experience with this program?
    Pros/Cons vs. lease or regular financing?
    No i got it from the Italian Guy, SteveDegino i think. Nice tall guy. Anyways, people in that Dealer were not beating around the bushes, so we went straight to the point.
  • cbarcbar Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Mazda SpeedSix GT w/everything, in pristine condition, and 11K miles. How much can I hope to sell it for?
    $18k ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Try posting a description of your car here:

Real-World Trade-In Values

One of our regular posters can help you..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    I just sold a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT with 12K on it for $22,990 and one with Nav for $24,990 with 13K.

If you sel for $18K, I will buy it from you right now.
    I obtained a quote for a 2007 Mazdaspeed6 Sport, no options, for $24,450 plus tax, tag and title, in Florida.
    Dealer has about 5 on the lot.
    Do you think I can negotiate to $23K?
    I can wait as long as it takes to get a good deal.
  • slingshot80slingshot80 Member Posts: 55
    Test drove the Speed6 today. Looked into a lease. The salesman said the effective interest rate was 2% but it was actually 4.6% (.00195) On the GT with a moonroof with M.S.R.P. of $31,320 they offered me a cap rate of $30,200. Edmunds shows a TMV of $29,411. With $1,846 down for fees iand including the $1,000 down payment, monthly payment was $406.95 without taxes on a 36 month lease. Residual value 50% or $15,560.

Loved the car, no problems with the clutch, thought the appointments were cheap looking, like Dodge truck. (Just poted my impressions under the main thread.) I am driving a Millenia S, much nicer interior. Not sure if I can swing it so I didn't start negotiating. They told me they would make a few of the lease payments if that would make a difference. They also have a loaner program which is worth something and they were very nice people which is also a big plus.
    I like my MS6, but for a TMV of $29,411 there are many other fine vehicles to choose from. When the MS6 first came out it looked interesting, but only when the price came down to $23K was I ready to buy.
  • luv_carsluv_cars Member Posts: 5
    Mazdaspeed 6 Sport.
    MSRP 28,590
    Offer: $24,678 (before TTL) after $1750 cash back from Mazda.

Is this a good offer or can I push for a lower price? If I can, how much lower while being reasonable?

Thanks
    If you wait until the end of the year you will be able to get the best deals. Rebates increase and dealerships want to get rid of "old" inventory. But sometimes they sell what you want. I got a 2006 at the beginning of 2007. It is a GT with moonroof for $25,900 (MSRP:$31,260) out the door. I would assume a sport would be $2000 less than that out the door. Some people did even better.
  • luv_carsluv_cars Member Posts: 5
    $25,900 OTD is a great price for a GT. What state are you in and what is your tax rate? I'm curious if I can get that kind of price in OH where tax is 7%. What was your price before TTL?
    I got an almost identical quote for a Mazdaspeed6 Sport...$24,467 (difference could be in options).
    I also have a $500 discount certificate that I received directly through mazdausa.com for signing up on their website. (which I have not mentioned to the salesrep yet).
    I am also hoping that I can negotiate a better deal... please keep me posted on how you do.
  • 90626gt90626gt Member Posts: 2
    Hi.. I'm looking to buy a 2007 MS6 Sport with minimal options next month. I have some money coming in and can pay cash if needed.
    Plan on waiting until tail end of month. A guy I know works in a car dealership and says last couple days of the month are best to deal.

Edmunds comes up with MSRP of 28,730 / Invoice of 26,540 and TMV of 26857 less 1750 rebate= 25107.

I got an email back from edmunds and they confirmed that # doesn't include ANY dealer charges i.e. the infamous dealer"prep" and any document prep fees which I gather can run anywhere from 300 to 700, I hear.

Looking for feedback on a realistic number to shoot for...

Thanx...

P.S. my baby is a 1990 Black 626 5door Turbo that I got new and is still a daily driver
  • 90626gt90626gt Member Posts: 2
    Hi... was that $24450 including all the dealer charges?
    I'll be looking next month.. what dealer did you go to?

Thanx...
  • slingshot80slingshot80 Member Posts: 55
    Made a deal today! After talking to two other dealerships, I was able to get $1,000 down and $443 per month, 15,000 miles for 36 months. This is the GT with the sunroof and the better floor mats thrown in. It includes MA sales tax of 5% and MA excise tax of I believe $25 per $1,000 which is $30 per month. I think the base lease is about $395 a month. Effectively it was sold slightly above the invoice price. I am also purchasing the moonroof deflector and Cold Air Intake separately.

This dealership originally quoted me $499 a month, two days ago. The last day of the month was today, and they decided to reduce the price. I had wanted a payment of $450 and said I would discuss it with them. Their payment was $467 or $450 with $1700 down. They had the wrong incentive and used $1,750 instead of $2,500 for the lease. This lowered the payment to $443. I wanted the car with the liquid platinum paint but they had a demo with 4,000 miles on it and I wouldn't take it at a lower price. (I was told over the phone that they had a new one in that color.)

They are getting my car from another dealer. They also provide free oil changes up to 105,000 miles, (I think every other one) and they will give me a loaner car when left for the day or overnight. The latter benefit is invaluable as I live 35 miles from the dealer. This dealer is about 20 miles from where I work and it is the second closest dealership to my work. :shades:
  • cfkidcfkid Member Posts: 30
    Does anyone happen to have the Money Factor (or APR) and Residual on a 2007 SPEED6 Sport for 36 months. I know they have a deal going with ~$2300 down, but being an S-Plan participant, I'd like to have some idea of these numbers before I decide to look into a lease.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Hello,

You should probably ask this question in the Mazda6: Lease Questions discussion..

Just be sure to make note that it is the MazdaSpeed model, and Car_man will give you the numbers.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• acousticdankacousticdank Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to buy a 07 speed6 in the next month or so. I have not decided between sport or GT yet. I was wondering if anyone recently bought an '07, most of the prices here seem to be '06. I was offered an initial price of $23,319 for a sport. MSRP is $29,060. Options include wheel locks and sattelite for 6 months. I think I can do better, that was just the first number he threw out at me in an email. I think that is out the door, but I'll double check.

Hope to hear from some of you, Thanks.
    $23,319 sounds like a good price to me. I paid about $23K for my '06. I've had the car for a year now and am very pleased with it.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hey Wayne, could you drop me an email when you have a chance? It's about the Dealer Review you submitted. I've got a slight problem and my email to you bounced - pat AT edmunds.com - thanks!
  • jairo1jairo1 Member Posts: 2
    Wayne mazda is the place to go. Bought a coupe of new cars from there. a 2007 speed6 sport goes for $23,055. But I'm sure if they need to sell them since they will be discontinued they could lower that price..
This discussion has been closed.