Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Comments

• Options
    rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Now i read the entire thread on people's buying experience and saw that people were getting 500 under invoice and heck a few got it for 26,990 for a fully loaded XLS. That's 1500 under invoice!!How did u guys do it?

Pricing is market dependent. And also Mitsu sales in your area. So I guess you should really settle for a price your happy with. AFAIK, the XLS fully loaded is still a hot item, and in my area I had a difficult time getting the color I want .But I was able to get it for a few hundred buck above invoice, and that was like 2 weeks after the Outlander was released.
  • Options
    chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    that's right, price is market dependant, and depends how flexible you are on colors. On the other hand, when Outlander was just released, they did not have dealer insentives yet, so at that time price above invoice would make sence. Also now, when 2008 Outlander expected to be released, demand on 2007 model should drop a little, helping a buyer to get better pricing.
  • Options
    kool_kallvinkool_kallvin Member Posts: 3
    Outlander XLS 30350 32998
    Destination Charge 1345 1345

dodo2, I'm guessing this is the Cdn invoice price you are listing for the Outlander XLS, where can I find a Invoice Price for Cdn market? Will the dealer give you deals close to invoice price in Canada?

Been shopping around, best price I got so far in the Qc market is 33000, with 3 yr maintenance included & some free accessories.
  • Options
    dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    You are correct: the prices are Canadian. You could subscribe to CarCosctCanada.com for a fee (not sure how much it is today). Not worth IMO as the prices posted here are accurate to pennies. Be aware that Mitsu added the $250 PDI on top of the $1,345 freight.
    When I purchased mine back in March, I paid $500 over the CarCostCanada price. However, I also paid $300 admin fee which is pure dealer profit, therefore in my books I paid $800 over the invoice. I did not pay the $250 PDI (the dealers were asking $300/$350 for PDI at the time) and I did not pay the labor for the accessories installation (fog lights and Bluetooth interface). Normally, they would have charged at least $100+tax each.
    I would think that now it's even easier to get a better deal, especially if you buy in the last day of the month.
    How many Mitus dealers do you have in your area? In Toronto there are about 6, plus few more within 100km radius so there is an opportunity to get a good deal with one of them.
  • Options
    rflynn1rflynn1 Member Posts: 8
    I just bought an XLS 4WD with Sun & Sound, Luxury, NAV and Entertainment packages. I got it under invoice, 2.9% financing and got what I wanted on my trade-in. I love the vehicle so far, even though it's not perfect. Keep in mind that I've never had NAV and entertainment packages in my prior vehicles, so I'm blown away by finally having them. There is a problem with the FM radio (see other post), the engine fan that kicks on when the A/C is on is very loud, the rotors are rusting after a few days of owning it (I know it's not a safety concern, but it looks terrible since the rims expose the rotors so much), the doors don't automatically lock when starting vehicle or putting it in drive, the rear entertainment is not connected to the front controls (at least not in the US...and yes I know there is a wireless remote, but it's not the same), the picture on the rear entertainment is horrible (it's good on the front NAV system). I'm being nitpicky here, but just want future owners to know. I've only had the vehicle for a few days, so hopefully that is the extent of the problems. I also heard a strange clicking noise coming from the engine the night I bought it, but haven't heard it since and hope it was just a normal sound from a new engine. This is the first new vehicle I've owned.

Overall I am happy with the Outlander and feel I had a great buying experience. I recommend reading everything about buying a car on Edmunds.com and dealing with the Internet Team at dealerships before visiting them. Also, try to find consumer reviews of the dealerships. If you find negative reviews, don't do business with them. If you don't find any review on a dealership, then they're probably safe to deal with.
  • Options
    qqt414qqt414 Member Posts: 6
    hey guys i finally took the plunge today and got what i think is a great deal on my outlander. Its a black Outlander XLS 4wd with sun and sound, luxury pack, and navigation. After bartering with dealer after dealer giving them the lowest price and letting them work with that number, i finally got an offer for 27,999 or basically 28,000 and financed it for 48 months at 1.9%. I told my salesman Berne that hey i like the price so get the paperwork started and ill be in tomorrow at 5 pm to finish it up. I got there and they had sold the black one i wanted the night before, and they tried to sell me a graphite one for the same price. i wanted black and after walking out toward my car, Berne went to the manager to see what he could do. He said he could get it from their sister dealer 15 min from there, but it would be 28,300. I was firm with 28,000 and after to hostile negotiation got down to 28,100 with the sales manager. After this it was simply the fastest car buying process i have ever been through. From the moment i got to the dealership to when i drove off was 2 and half hours. This included test driving, paper work, financing, and vacuming/washing/gassing up at the end! This forum helped so much to show me how much others paid and how to negotiate.
    i have to say WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH!!! This weekend was july 4th madness plus it is 6/30/07 or the last day of the month. While shooting the breeze with my sales guy Berne, an ex-marine, while my car was being washed we had a long honest talk about the car salesman profession. he had told me that they brought the price down to 27,999 because the dealership was only 1-2 cars away from the bonus and that he worked real hard with me over the phone to get the price because the sale i brought him gave him his monthly bonus. I don't know if what he told me is true, but i felt good about the price i paid and that i helped the poor working stiff. For anyone in Northern California, i ended up doing business with Capitol Mitsubishi. They also own Stevens creek and serramonte Mitsubishi (they all share the same inventory). Concord and East Bay Mitsu got down to 28,300 but no lower. Veracom got down to 28,500. Finally months of research and late night dreams can come to an end. I will report in on how my Outlander holds up, but i drove around searching for the wind noise problem, the steering knock problem, and the radio cut-out problem and i dont have any of that.Maybe i just got a good one we'll see. Cheers!!
  • Options
    toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love your new car. I've had no steering knock, the wind noise is there but it's not too bad. I haven't listened to the regular stations much to see if the radio cuts out.... usually listen to sattelite.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • Options
    xcellxcell Member Posts: 14
    Great Job and Patience getting that price on your Outlander. You will love this SUV.

I paid $28,300.00 for the same package here in Central California. I already have 16K miles on mine and I am still loving it....

Welcome to the Outlander family.
  • Options
    sky23213sky23213 Member Posts: 300
    I would appreciate any feedback regarding purchasing Outlander the Minneapolis/St.Paul area. There are a few dealers and I'd like to get a feel of how they deal with buyers.
    Thank You
  • Options
    I see Mitsubishi is offering a $1000 dollar rebate or 2.9% financing on Outlanders. If only I'd waited a month :(
  • Options
    toniotonio Member Posts: 3
    I want to thank all for the great job of research and time to share your buying expirience. Finaly I got my Mitsubishi Outlander :) today after about 2 monts of research and compairing smaller SUV's. My last two choises were the Mitsubishi or Mazda CX-7. The Mitsubishi won because of the ride, V6, warranty, financing and fuel. Here is my deal from Grand Mitsubishi in Bensenville,IL- XLS 4WD, sun & sound,navigation,etc for 26,500. I was dealing with 4 dealer and finaly got the best deal for me. That also includes free lifetime oil change and 2500 cupons for any maintanance. So I want to thank everyone in the forum and happy driving. ;)
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the club! Does the price include the Luxury Package too (leather, HID)? If so, this is one sweet deal you got.
  • Options
    I think XLS with factory Navi will include everything. Wow, only 26500? and lifetime free oil change? Almost too good to be true. Sweet deal.
  • Options
    Correct. I forgot about that. MY2007 clearance?
  • Options
    Wow, what a deal! Congrats! Did you get any type of college or customer loyalty rebate? I am also in Chicagoland area, I got mine from Napleton Mitsubishi. What are the enterior/exterior colors?
  • Options
    toniotonio Member Posts: 3
    Yes, got 500 customer rebate, still have my 94 Eclipse and its been very good to me. Napleton Mitsubishi offer their best deal at 28,200.
    My new Outlander is black with black leather interior and also got door protectors, special protective cote and white stripes with Mitsubishi logo. And this is because of this forum. :)
    P.S. Got offer from Shaumburg Mitsubishi for 25,600. Went with Grand Mitsubishi for the lifetime oil change and maintanance cupons for 2500. and also dealt directly with the owner(great guy.)
  • Options
    costello1costello1 Member Posts: 60
    I was given a quote of 26385 plus 2.9% on a xls with sun and lux pack on it . Good deal???
  • Options
    Is it 4WD? Run it through the Edmunds TMV. Should be able to get it for around invoice minus the $1000 rebate they're offering.
  • Options
    Yes , it is 4 wd . Problem now is working out a trade value .
  • Options
    It's not a bad deal, but this time of the year they can do better
  • Options
    mlechlitmlechlit Member Posts: 1
    Great site here. I was wondering if people could give me their opinion on the following price:

A 4wd LS with Sun&Sound and Navigation packages for $24,760
  • Options
    fernhillfernhill Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car Man:

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual on a 2007 Outlander LS AWD for 15,000 miles a year and either 36 or 39 months.

Thanks fernhill
  • Options
    pricebropricebro Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for a lot of buddies' good info here. I am waiting for the delivery and will keep you updated.

BTW, Mitsu Canada's financing rate was reduced from Aug 1 for every version of Outlander, about 1% off. There are some other rebates for LS version.

Very good time to buy if you don't want to wait for 2008.
  • Options
    kman144kman144 Member Posts: 2
    I just pruchased a Outlander LS financed @ 2.9% for 60 months. I was told by the Business manager that I had to purchase Theft insurance for the car which "guarantees" replacment of the vehicle up to $25,000 should it be stolen for the 60 month period. He told me that he cannot sell me this car without it. This added $3000.00 to the final total. I just want to know if anyone else had to pay for this insurance. I would like to hear from anyone in New York if they had to pay for this.
  • Options
    gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    I'm from Missouri, they would have to Show Me!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    I'm not from Missouri... But, I don't believe him either.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Member Posts: 10
    Dude, call your local Better Business Bureaus immediatly. That dealer should be shot. It is true that your personal car insurance policy will only pay the book value of the car if its stolen but YOU ARE STILL RESPONSIBLE to make up the difference to Mitsubishi financing-they cannot deny selling you the car (nor would Mitsu want to deny a sale) based on the fact you live in NY. Every new car buyer faces this. Your dealer screwed you and I would demand a refund. If your worried, you can purchase GAP insurance from your private policy which covers the difference stated above. I bet its way cheaper than 3 grand. Best of luck.
  • Options
    Talk to a consumer lawyer. I think you can make some money off this dealer.
  • Options
    mollymeierottomollymeierotto Member Posts: 9
    I am interested in buying the ES or LS base model 2 wheel drive in white or silver. All of the posts on pricing are for the XLS..can anyone give any feedback on prices paid for the ES or LS model. The only upgrades I am interested in would be bluetooth and upgraded speakers but they are not needed. I see that the LS has a $1k incentive, ES has $500 and when I put the ES into Edmunds it gives an additional "25 year anniversary bonus" of $1250 - I have no idea what that is, but I'll take it....so really the ES seems to have a 1750 incentive. Invoice for ES is about $19,800 and LS is $21,500 w/out bluetooth/speakers. Please offer any advice on what I should try to negotiate with.
  • Options
    Based on my experience with XLS you should be able to get your base car $500-1000 below invoice and optional equipment at invoice price. Invoice pricing for the car and options you can see here on edmunds.com.
  • Options
    I just received an email from a dealership in phoenix, chapman bell road mitsubishi, and they have a weekly advertisement for the 2007 LS outlander MRSP 23,045 on sale for 17,995. what is the catch on these, can i really get this car for this price. the ad said that the price doesn't include license, doc fee, or tax which is normal. i'm sure there are no special features on it, but still seems like a good deal to me. anything that i should be aware of or is the dealership just going to tell me that that exact car is already sold?
  • Options
    ken4nyken4ny Member Posts: 40
    Yes, It's a great deal but sounds too good to be true.
  • Options
    psychogunpsychogun Member Posts: 129
    molly, ask the rep at the dealership to e-mail you the final out-the-door price for the specific car that they are running the special on.

Also note, Mitsubishi just launched the "Time to Rally Event", which is a national sales event. There is a $500 or $1,000 factory rebate available. I think the dealership may have added the owner loyalty and military/student discount to the price...

http://www.mitsubishimotors.com/MMNA/jsp/specialoffers.do?loc=en-us
  • Options
    psychogunpsychogun Member Posts: 129
    IMPORTANT:
    molly, also ask the rep to include the VIN# of the model at the advertised price in the e-mail.
  • Options
    I got a quote for 26300 for xls , nav, sun and lux pak , good price???
  • Options
    nasdaqycnasdaqyc Member Posts: 7
    I live in northern California and if I could get a dealer to quote me that $26300 for the XLS 4wd w/ sun and sound, lux and nav. I would at that dealership now trying to get it. Seems like a good price to me. I wonder what the hold back is on that particular trim level.
  • Options
    4dmoore4dmoore Member Posts: 2
    Molly,
    I received a phone call from that same dealership today. When I told him that I had purchased my XLS (fully loaded) last weekend for $750 under invoice he said he could sell it for $1500 under invoice with 0% financing. I asked him to e-mail me right away with that info because I had a friend who was interested. He said he would but I have yet to hear from him (4 hours ago). Hummmm.
    Try Big Two at Superstition Springs. They were absolutely the best! Ask for Herb and tell him I sent you.
  • Options
    is it 4wd?
  • Options
    Sorry , yes it is.Two weeks ago I got the same offer for a xls 4wd sun pac and lux pak ,no nav for the same number.
  • Options
    gdcouplegdcouple Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone found a replacement antenna yet? Although it is a whip style, we still dont like it hitting the entrance to the garage. Our dealer said some early 2007s came with a shorter antenna, and he has been looking for one for us. Any aftermarket ones out there yet?

Rick
  • Options
    We got the following deal here in the Minneapolis area. 2007 LS, sun and sound package, upgrade to heated leather seats, rear dvd player for 24,750. I can highly recommend Denny Hecker Mitsubishi (Formerly Forest Lake Mitsubishi)
  • Options
    then it's incredible deal. go for it
  • Options
    nasdaqycnasdaqyc Member Posts: 7
    Been looking to buy a new CUV since the end of July and after doing a test drive it will be the Outlander. I have done my research here on edmunds.com and sent out price requests to the dealers here in northern California.

So far I've received $28,800 (Serramonte Mitsu) and $28,999 (Santa Clara Mitsu) these prices are a little over invoice. It just seems they are still too high compared to the deals others have gotten here. Would it seem better just to wait a week and try to get a lower price closer to the end of the month?

Also, since the current incentives end on Aug 31 does anyone know if any new ones and/or better incentives will start on Sept 1?
  • Options
    Thanks for thinking of me!!! I appreciate it. Please pass on the info if he gets back to you.
  • Options
    From what I've heard, no one ever knows on the next month incentive. Sounds like on the XLS you should be getting $500 under invoice less any current incentives.
  • Options
    I have been researching the outlander for a couple of weeks now and I have never seen one on the road. What is the deal? Why doesn't anyone drive an Outlander...and why i am having such a hard time getting any of the salesmen to come down on the vehicle. They keep telling me that if they go below invoice then they'll lose money. I'm looking for the LS model with blue tooth and wanting to get at least $1,000 under invoice plus the $1,000 incentive so $2k under invoice, which i think should be do-able since its the end of the year and all.
  • Options
    I think you're asking too much. The Outlander is no longer the cheap SUV of the past. I'm actually thinking it's gonna hold it's value quite well.
  • Options
    Several Mitsubishi dealers we talked with here in the Minneapolis area told us its either 1,000 off or low percentage. Most were not willing to deal. However, we did find one who did.

Got the LS for 24,750 out the door, with sun and sound upgrade, built in dvd player, and upgrade to heated leather seats. We will be doing the upgrade on the seats next week.

Theres a lot of Outlanders running around MN, perhaps its just a local thing.
  • Options
    I hardly see any around here (SE Wisconsin) which I consider a good thing. I like having something unique.

Seems everybody and their brother has a CRV or a RAV4.
  • Options
    qqt414qqt414 Member Posts: 6
    Hey NASDACYC

Definitely do not give in to the NOrcal Dealers Until you get it close to 28,000! i got a fully loaded 4wd XLS for 28,000 flat. You gotta play hard ball. Veracom and Serramonte refused to go under 28,400. Steven's Creek and Capitol (OWNED by same dude and share inventory)are the volume dealers and that who i got down to 28,000 flat. East Bay mitsubishi is in the equation too, but they were a little more deceptive in the pricing they gave me. Just call around and have them beat each other, but you have to be ready to buy because when you are at 28,300 or 28,500 >> I love using the power of "hey if you give me 28,000 flat (or lower) i will come and sign the papers tonite. anyways good luck man.