Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier Repairs

Comments

• bobvillarainybobvillarainy Member Posts: 7
    Learned from a former GM Garage that the "high end" GM SUV's may have two spacer washers on the battery cables. Remove battery cable, remove bolts from cable and take the two washers out and soak in coke. Brush with toothbrush under cold water and rinse.Reassemble.
  • _jasoon_jasoon Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I Bought my Rainier from Joseph Pontiac before they moved there last location from MI. Know if i have any problems i have to go all the way to OH for them to do anything, considering im still paying on it.. Well just this past Febuary i hit some slush on the high way and it sent me all the way the ditch. I had snow all the way up to my door and so much damage i paid my deductiblefor full coverage and the dealership i called Suski Chevrolet fixed everything but the one thing i told him about, it feels like if i pull into a tight parking spot the back tires are like grabbing on to the pavement like no other. Well my cousin looking at it and drove it around the corner and said its stuck in 4Wheel Drive. So i called to tell them that, they want 150$ to look at it and to determine whether it was from the accident or not!
    Can someone tell me what is going on before i ruin my car Completely?
    Please, and Thanks, (:

(PS: Mind you i pay a 400.00 car payment a month for this thing, i can barely keep my head above water as it is!)
  • jackiepowjackiepow Member Posts: 1
    We own a '06 rainier, for the past yr. the gas gauge tells us we are empty even after filling it up! It has run out of gas 3 or 4 times and we are more than sick of it! Along with that the front door handles are broken and won't open from outside. Now the right rear passenger door won't open from the inside! Pretty soon we will have to climb in through the hatch.
    Come on GM why don't you use quality parts in your products and take more pride in them?!
    Our rainier is also eating oil like crazy. Yes, we look under it and no there are no leaks!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    _jasoon,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • tabatha_peachtabatha_peach Member Posts: 2
    I have a '04 buick rainier....I had my front brakes changed and a friend did it for me. My rotars were worn a little so i had them smoothed down. Now my truck is jerking really bad when I turn. I'm not sure if this is due to a sensor or what it could be, but i"m sure it has something to do with the suspension or something.....any ideas?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Not me - any owners with suggestions?
  • tabatha_peachtabatha_peach Member Posts: 2
    The only other time it did this is when my tire blew out and I had my spare put on and it wasn't the same size as the others and i did not know it....I had to get all the same size put on and it didn't do it anymore. This is why I think its got something to do with the balance or a sensor or something.....
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You can try Edmunds Answers while waiting for owners in here. Different group of folks tend to hang out over there.
  • mom0423mom0423 Member Posts: 15
    I have heard of this happening. My advice would be to take it to a dealer to have it repaired. I have a terrible time with this in my area due to the closure of so many dealerships. But if you don't and it is an issue that is recalled, then they will NOT honor the recall. I think this is TERRIBLE because there are many quality credentialed shops around but it doesn't matter. So take my word for it. At least have it evaluated and get a price. Because these vehicles are going to have some recalls further down the line if they already haven't. I love mine, but it has definitely had some issues. Costly ones at that.
  • steegs80steegs80 Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same issues..
    My 05 CXL revs up to 3500 rpms before it shifts to 2nd. and when it shifts, it is a hard shift and will only do it if you take your foot off the gas like a manual trans.
    It will then shift into 3rd, but that is as high as it will go... It will not shift into OD.

I dropped the transmission pan, replaced the 1-2 & 3-4 shift solenoids and the 3-2 shift solenoid.
    This did not help..

I then took it to a mechanic and they ran some tests.. They stated that they found that the oil temp is reading -40 degrees- IT IS 87 degrees outside right now!!!

Any help??? Anyone???

I am dying without my car...

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
  • aussienutaussienut Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

Since a few days ago when we start the 2004 Buick Rainier we get this "vacuum cleaner engine" noise that goes off after 10 seconds or so. we noticed it was mainly when first starting it or after a few hours of the suv sitting there. :sick:

There is no engine light on at all and everything runs, or at least seems to run just fine.

Now this sound is like a vacuums motor not a "swoosh sound" as I was asked by a friend. It literally sounds like a vacuums motor winding up then slowing down after 10seconds.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale
    steegs80,
    I apologize you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle. Have you spoken with an authorized GM Dealer? If not, I would definitely recommend doing so. They will be able to diagnosis your concerns. Work done at a dealer also has a parts and labor warranty I would recommend inquiring about.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • steegs80steegs80 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Christina,
    I appreciate your help..
    I spoke with a Buick Dealership 2 weeks ago.. They informed me that I needed to replace 1-2, 3-4, and 3-2 shift solenoids. This was funny because I replaced them that weekend before taking it to them. I EVEN BOUGHT THE PARTS FROM THEM THE FRIDAY BEFORE!!!
    I asked them if they checked for codes, and they informed me that they did.
    I then took the car to a buddy @ another shop. They informed me that there were MULTIPLE issues. i.e.- the oil temp was reading -40 degrees. The temp outside is 86 degrees...

So I am open to any ideas to getting my car fixed...
    However, MY dealership experience was not a fond one @ all....
    steegs80,
    I apologize for your experience. I would be happy to assist you in finding a different dealer if you would like.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • mstowersmstowers Member Posts: 12
    2005 Buick Rainier, V6, AWD. I'm having a few problems wth it and hoping to get some good advice. I was downsized by my employer, so I really can't afford for trial and error. Please help. I need my car.

1. My gas gauge stop working about 2 years ago
    - My daughter ran it out of gas for the 1st time about 2 weeks ago
    - My car wouldn't start after that
    * We replaced the battery and the fuel pump unit and it still won't start?

2. I know a mechanic and he came to my home to replace the above. He now says it may need a relay switch replaced and that we would need to get a diagnostic. The problems is. We would need to pay for it to be towed and for the diagnostic. Do you think it could be the relay switch?

3. Somebody told me there's a fuel pump shut off switch? Make sure it's turned on. We looked in the manual and can't find where it's at? Does anyone know where it's located?

4. Any other advice would be appreciated?

AWD Problems

1. When I back up, mostly on an incline and turn my wheel tight. The rear end makes some kind of scraping noise. I've had 4 mechanics look at the AWD and they say it's fine. That the wheels just aren't turning at the same time and that's what's causing the noise. There's nothing wrong with it and not to worry. It hasn't always done that, so it couldn't be normal plus....

- It's very scary to drive in the winter. It slides even when I'm driving at slow speed turning corners and stopping. I ditched it last winter and I have never ditched a car in the 30 years I've been driving. I replaced the tires hoping that would help, but it didn't. It's my only car, but, I'm afraid to drive it this winter : (

- That's not a normal noise for an AWD and it shouldn't drive in the winter like that, right? Any suggestions?

Any advice or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks a bunch for your help.
    mstowers,

Could you please email me your VIN and contact information? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • mlknop86mlknop86 Member Posts: 1
    We just had he front differential quit on us in our '06 Rainier yesterday while going down the expressway. We had it towed to the dealership and they are going to be working on it for a while it sounds like, and it's still up in the air as to whether or not it's covered by our extended warranty.
  • johnhatebuickjohnhatebuick Member Posts: 4
    This is the air compressor running that controls your rear air ride suspension I think.
  • dcraig09dcraig09 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Buick Rainier with 62,000 mi.. I purchased the vehicle about 2 years ago and I have had almost nothing but trouble ever since. The SUV I thought would be a reliable and worthwhile investment has turned into a never ending headache and drain on my bank account. Here is the list of problems I have had with this SUV:

1. At 60,000 mi. the front differential went bad. Total repair cost was about $2,200 from a local auto mechanic (the Buick dealership in my area quoted $3,200 for the same work/warranty).

2. At 55,000 mi. the gas gauge stopped working. It constantly reads empty, resulting in constant headache and concern. I just ran out of gas for the first time and decided I need to have it fixed. Estimated cost from my local auto mechanic, $360. (again, the Buick dealership in my area quoted $450 for the same work).

3. At slow or idling speeds, I notice that the headlights and other electrical lights in the vehicle often dim and then get bright again, correlating with a lapse and surge in power in the car.

4. The check engine light comes on for brief periods of time, and after having the vehicle hooked up to the computer at Auto Zone and checked, the problem was identified as a problem with the cooling system. I replaced the part that was causing the problem at a local auto mechanic for $160, however, this did not solve the problem of the check engine light coming on, so they took the new part back out and put the old part back in and did not charge me (however, I still have the problem and it had to spend the time taking it to get if "fixed").

5. The power steering dipstick rusted through and came, requiring some effort to retrieve the end of the dipstick and $15 replacement dipstick for it.

6. The air conditioning does not maintain cool air when idling or driving at slow speeds.

7. The center console in the interior of the car does not stay latched. The replacement lid for the console was from the local Buick dealership was about $150 (possibly more, I don't remember). Needless to say, I did not want to pay that kind of money for such a small, albeit annoying, problem, so I found a way to "fix" the problem with a piece of cardboard and a rubber band.

I will no longer be purchasing GM vehicles. I am a nursing student working 2 jobs to pay for my school and other necessities, and this vehicle (which I am still currently paying for) has only added to the large amount of stress and debt I already have in my life. I have invested so much into this car I would like get my money out of it and have it be the vehicle I hoped it would, but as it stands, this vehicle only runs correctly long enough to get me to the next mechanic. I would also like to stress how disappointed I have been in the inflated prices for repairs from the dealership. Overall, I am a very dissatisfied owner.
    I have a 2004 Rainier. You would think they would've solved a few of those issues by the next year, but that's a big NO. I will give them credit in that some of the problems don't appear right away. The biggest pet peeve is their lack to acknowledge the problems. We are all having these problems and spent ALOT of money for these vehicles. They could care less. Every time I post on here I get one of those messages from a "customer service rep" trying to make it look like they care. When GM closed all these dealerships they left me with no one within a decent radius to take my vehicle to if I DID want to spend the money on having the dealership do the repair. I had no choice but to have a local repair shop do the work and so now the "CSR" says it's no longer GM's problem. We have Hondas besides this vehicle and I have NEVER had an issue with Honda refusing to warranty a problem. Even if a local repair shop worked on it they STILL do everything they can to honor a warranty issue. And we are supposed to buy American? We too repaired the differential problem and now we are dealing with an electrical issue. Initially we thought it was the cluster panel in the dash, but it's actually a short in the electrical system but can't pinpoint the location yet. It may be the cause of your fuel gauge. I'll give you a futuristic view to help: various gauges in the cluster panel will randomly stop working. We initially thought it was the cluster panel but we noticed other minor electrical issues. The battery will not recharge regularly. What's worse, running out of gas or a dead battery? (ridiculous that we should appreciate something like that, isn't it??!!) My cell phone doesn't charge or doesn't charge as quickly as it does in another vehicle. I haven't noticed the lights dimming, so I'm not sure. I'm wondering if it was initiated by the differential repair work, as I noticed most of these problems started just after the differential work was done. A guy at Auto Zone recommended I take it to a specific dealership because a guy he knows there is excellent with electrical issues. Let me know if you find out anything else.
    Ah, the GM CSR wants to know if they can help.
    I'm with you, it's ridiculous that you have to go to a dealership that far away. I seriously doubt it is from the accident. Mine did the same thing and I have NEVER been in any type of fender bender with this vehicle. It's the differential. And sorry, it's not cheap no matter where you opt to have it done. :(
  • nanacakes3nanacakes3 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Buick Ranier and yesterday I was pulling into a parking space and the car seemed like it didn't want to turn and the engine was vibrating hard. Also when I go in reverse and am turning slow it seems like it is hard to turn and wheels are slipping. I guess I'm going to have to take it to the dealer and pay a high fee to get looked at and tell me what's wrong. I really can't afford alot since I am on disabilty and have a hard time paying for other things. Anyone have any sugguestions what it could be, so maybe I can suggust to dealer to check?
    nanacakes3,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep us posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
  • 2war2war Member Posts: 2
    Hi

I see we are going through the same problem.
    I purchased a Buick Rainier 04 in 2007 and this car is driving me crazy.
    Like yours, I have faced numerous problems. I'm still paying this car also.
    I was in school during the last 2 years and it was so hard to make the payment because I was working part time. Fall 2009 I had a catalytic converter broken. I took it to the GM dealer since other mechanics couldn't fix it. I paid roughly $2000. This year (between Mars and May) I had to change first the Front wheel bearing driver side and later the passenger.
    Now the car had front differential leaking. I went to see a mechanic I know who told me to take it to the dealer because he wasn't able to find where the leaking comes from (pinpoint). The GM dealer said he needs to rebuild the differential (cost of reparation $2,400). I can't do it. What is confusing I went to see Pepboys and they said the cost will be roughly $1,500., they stated that the rack and pinion was rotted and leaking. When I went to see the first mechanic to ask him if he can do it, he said the diagnosis of Pepboys isn't accurate. He said he doesn't see the link between the rack and pinion rotted and the differential leaking. I'm not a technician I don't know. I just want to get rid of this car right now, the problem is my credit score is bad now. I have so many delinquincies accounts sent on collection (credit card) and I still owe around $4,000 for the car.... Like you I'm not going to pay anymore GM car for the rest of my life... The fluid differential leaks a little when the car is parked not while driving. I don't know how can I fix it when you have two different diagnosis. I thought it was a good car when I purchased it, but my opinion has changed since.
  • 2war2war Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a Buick Rainier 04 in 2007 and this car is driving me crazy.
    I have faced numerous problems. I'm still paying this car also.
    I was in school during the last 2 years and it was so hard to make the payment because I was working part time. Fall 2009 I had a catalytic converter broken. I took it to the GM dealer since other mechanics couldn't fix it. I paid roughly $2000. This year 2011 (between Mars and May) I had to change first the Front wheel bearing driver side and later the passenger.
    Now the car had front differential leaking. I went to see a mechanic I know who told me to take it to the dealer because he wasn't able to find where the leaking came from (pinpoint). The GM dealer said he needs to rebuild the differential (cost of reparation $2,400). I can't do it. What is confusing I went to see Pepboys and they said the cost will be roughly $1,500., they stated that the Power steering line and the rack and pinion were rotted and leaking. When I went to see the first mechanic to ask him if he can do it, he said the diagnosis of Pepboys isn't accurate. He said he doesn't see the link between the power sterring line, rack and pinion rotted and the differential leaking. I'm not a technician I don't know. I just want to get rid of this car right now, the problem is my credit score is bad now. I have so many delinquincies accounts sent on collection (credit card) and I still owe around $4,000 for the car.... . The fluid differential leaks a little when the car is parked not while driving. I don't know how can I fix it when you have two different diagnosis. I thought it was a good car when I purchased it, but my opinion has changed since.
    2war,

Could you please send me your VIN, current mileage and complete contact information? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    I have a 2004 Rainier and am having problems with the differentials "locking" when turning at low speeds. Is there a way to figure out which one is the problem? I have changed the center diff fluild twice in about a month and it is no better. I also had the rear diff fluid changed.

I was amazed when I went to the Buick dealership that they really did not have a clue and told me to change the fluid in the center diff again and "drive the car in figure eights". My rainier has the G80 rearend, the "government bomb" as it is known for blowing up but the mechanic said all looked fine.

Any way if I can get this fixed it will no doubt be my last GM vehicle unless it is a old classic, my last Buick regal was a better vehicle than this but it had lots of electical problems. I also have been having the dash problems, Shame on you GM for not recalling all these related vehicles instead of just the Trailblazer
  • bob192bob192 Member Posts: 19
    My 2004 Ranier developed the same problem not long after I bought it. It was a transfer case l actuator roughly 500 $. I had an aftermarket warranty that paid for this and a subsequent speedometer failure after a 100 deductible. GM has gotten its last dollar from me. This model had several problems endemic to the design and GM cold shouldered the buyers. My Ranier had 42000 miles when I bought it. What makes them think I would buy another?
    edited September 2011
    Boy, whatever happened to GM making good vehicles??? We're all basically having the same problems with our Rainiers and...it sure sounds like they're all duds! I have a 2005. My gas gauge stopped working a few months ago. I had to write my mileage down each time I bought gas and then keep track of my mileage. Well, I just missed calculated and that cost me a new fuel system. It wouldn't start at all after that, so I had to get it towed to my local mechanic (the GM dealership cost alot more). Then, after I had it towed to our mechanic, I received a letter from GM that they're having problems with the fuel sensor and I can take it to a GM dealership and they'll pay 20% of the cost. Well, to late for that. I called GM and told them my problem and if the fuel sensor was working correctly, I wouldn't have ran out of gas in the 1st place. The customer service asked me to take it to the GM dealership, but I'm laid off work and couldn't afford a 2nd tow, so he said he would check with the GM dealership and see if my gas gauge was part of the gas sensor. He called me back within a couple of days and said they said it wasn't! What! I'm not a mechanic but....I'm not stupid! If the sensor was working correctly. I sure wouldn't have ran out of gas. OMG! I'm honestly thinking about taking them to court. Okay, so now I just got my car back and my ABS light is on. My mechanic says it mostlikely a front wheel bearing or the sensor and it's going to cost me atleast another $350! Plus, I've been having problems with my AWD since last summer. It has a problem when I'm backing up and turning sharp. I had it checked out by 3 different mechanics and they told me that's a common problem and not to worry about it well...I am worried about it. It drives like I'm on a skating rink when it snows. I've been driving for over 30 years and...I have never ditched a car until last year! Does any one have any ideas of what's going on with my AWD? I don't want to go thru another winter like last winter. You know we have always bought GM products and I really do hate the thought of not buying American mad but...this really makes us think twice now. Thanks for letting me vent and, any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
    I just went to a dealership today. Here is the rundown. I was told that my center transfer case is bad, I have the problem with the driveline binding when turning. Some people have had luck with changing the center diff fluid drive a few miles while doing tight turns and then change again. Only use GM AutoTrac II fluid. Not to hard to do yourself. This however did not fix mine and the replacement of the transfer case is $1500++.
    The dash cluster is also bad in alot of these trucks, GM did a recall on the trailblazer but not its sister vehicles. Fix is around $700.
    My ABS light has come on before and went off but forgot to ask about it today.
  • marcia1212marcia1212 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Rainier. Tried to back out of my driveway and the car would not let me turn (stopped completely). Same thing happened while trying to park (forward) into a parking space. It has been at my mechanic for 4 days. They have changed the differential fluid and had someone look at the transfer case(?). They are basically at a loss as to what the problem is. Anyone have any idea?
    Thank you!
    marcia1212,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Are you working with a GM dealership or an independent mechanic?

Thank you,
  • marcia1212marcia1212 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Caron, It is going to Star Buick in Leesburg, VA today. Is this a common problem with this car?
    marcia1212,

Thank you for the update! Please keep me posted on any information.

Thank you,
    Actually I decided to try another dealership and was told a different problem. The transfer case actuator was bad. fixed now
    johnhatebuick,
    Did you try speaking with a different dealer? You could ask they speak with Customer Assistance. Please feel free to email me with your information.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • sandlapper1sandlapper1 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2004 rear wheel drive Ranier. All in all it has been an excellent motor vehicle with very few problems. One problem, however, is the passenger sear lumbar control. When the button to activate is pushed there is just a clicking noise. When I took to the dealer, they said that the motor needed to be replaced at over $500. Is there any research on this problem?
  • jaye37jaye37 Member Posts: 2
    My 2006 Rainier suddenly stopped making sharp turns this weekend. I can't pull into parking spaces left or right. The steering is fine but it feels like the truck as a whole won't move. I can hear the wheels skidding when I turn sometimes. Is this the same as the other problem listed regarding the transfer case?
  • jaye37jaye37 Member Posts: 2
    I just posted that I'm having the same problem with my 2006 Rainier. I'm not able to turn going forwards or backwards
  • adf2adf2 Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2004 Rainier and it occasionally shudders quite badly when turning sharply. I have no idea what causes it, but I have heard it can be related to incorrect tire pressures.

Mine seems to happen at low speeds, but maybe that's because no-one makes really sharp turns at higher speeds.

Andy
  • newlandjnewlandj Member Posts: 1
    Have them check the encoder motor. It is what controls the awd system. I was having the same problem (binding or crow hopping) on sharp slow speed turns. I had to do the research and found the GM service bulletin #3928 describing the problem and then had to tell my dealership. Nice huh? They wanted to rebuild my rear differential as the solution! Have them test the encoder motor separately, it will not show up on the main system computer check. It cost me a little over $500 for the repair and things are back to normal now.
  • adf2adf2 Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2004 Rainier AWD I6 which has developed a 'bucking' behaviour when turning corners. When travelling in a straight line I have no problems, although when I decelerate, a slight whining can be heard until I come to a stop. Just before I stop there's a mild clunk.

I've read it could be an encoder motor, but I have no idea where that is, and if it's repairable by a non-professional. Anyone got any ideas?

Andy
    I have a 2005 Ranier and it's doing the same thing as yours was. I've taken it to several service center and they either didn't know what was wrong or...told me that's normal and nothing to worry about. Just all the wheels aren't turning at the same time and for me not to worry. Well, Im not stupid and knew it wasn't ok. That's why I kept taking it to be checked out. Anyway, thank you so much for your posting. I'm sure that's the problem. Just wish with all of us having the same problem. They're would have been a recall. $500 is alot of money now days! Thanks again. I'm sure you helped lots of us Ranier owners : )
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Member Posts: 2,770
    I will say, make sure the tire pressure is up!!! My wife had been complaining of the same thing. I was able to replicate the problem. The front tires looked low and I added air. (there was only 15 psi in the front tires. Rears were fine). No problems since!!!
    Yeah, my husband thought it may be the tires too but unfortunately,he checked them and it's not : ( Thanks for the advice thou. Would have saved us alot of money.
  • mrsmac116mrsmac116 Member Posts: 2
    I have owned a 2005 Buick Rainier for almost two years. I loved my SUV until a few months ago. In October I had to have the secondary air injection pump and valve replaced at a price of $732.99. I understand cars need to have things fixed so I was ok with that. This month the truck seems to not have as much power. It has a strong gas smell when I start it. Now the fuel sensor is off telling me I am empty after I have just filled up. I am being told I do not qualify for even 50% of the cost to be covered by GM because the mileage is just over 120k. What kind of recall only pays 50% to start with?

I was hoping to keep this truck for many years, or trade it in for an Enclave. I was very happy with the Rainier until I read all the posts in this forum and see the generic responses from the Buick rep apologizing and asking for the VIN number. Has anyone had a good experience with Buick after giving the rep your information?
    Sorry to hear your having problems with your Rainier too. Like you. I loved my Rainier until all the problems started! I as well had problems with my fuel sensor which, made me run out of gas and then I coudn't get it to start back up. Unfortunately to replace the sensor. You will need a whole new fuel system. It cost me about $400 and that wasn't thru a GM dealership. They're cost was alot more. My Rainier only had alittle over 60K and GM did say they would pay 50%, but only by a GM dealership and I already had it towed to my local mechanic and replaced by the time they contacted me back. Sorry to say, but be prepared for your mileage gauge to stop working too. Mine only works sometimes now. It just started that a couple of weeks ago. I'm also having problems with my AWD and my anti lock break light just came on : ( We've always bought GM products but...I'm not sure that's ever going to happen again? Oh and GM did keep in contact with me eventurally but...they we're no help finanically. Good luck!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good afternoon, mrsmac116,

Have you been working with Customer Assistance on the fuel pump issue you've described? If so, what is your Service Request number?

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • kruuuznkruuuzn Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem (it finally stopped and CEL came on). It's likely the air injection pump like mine. I just haven't taken the time to replace it but the noise is gone now that it finally crapped out entirely. I just have to find out where the darn thing is located under the hood........can't see it initially. :confuse:
  • dcraig09dcraig09 Member Posts: 2
    Sarah,

I always see you and the other GM Customer Service reps posting the same thing. The funny thing is, neither you nor anyone at the GM dealerships ever really pony up when it is time to fix a problem that is due to poor quality. Why don't you save everyone the trouble and stop posting this stuff like you care. I don't know about anyone else, but GM pretending to care pisses me off even more.

Dustin
    Buick Rainier
    list of repairs:
    -Rear differential
    -windshield wiper motor
    -fuel sensor
    -speedometer does not work
    -actuator went bad causing timing to be off
    -engine coolant sensor went bad
    -check engine light will not shut off

Never buy a GMC.