Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln MKX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• robw64robw64 Member Posts: 76
    We have a 2007 MKX (black w/black, Ultimate & Elite pkgs) which has been an excellent vehicle. The new 2011 model is just now hitting the Central Florida dealerships. We were very surprised to see the jump in pricing for this year. A new well-equipped MKX is about the same price as the comparably equipped flagship MKS sedan. A comparably equipped Lexus crossover is only $1500 more.

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this Lincoln pricing strategy may not work? We can definitely keep our '07 another year to see if the prices drop or incentives make a dent in the sticker price.
  • prigglypriggly Member Posts: 642
    I found your post very interesting as I am just now considering the acquisition of an new 2011 Lincoln MKX. I am comparing it to the new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited which is a very nice ride indeed. I had also been considering the new 2011 Subaru Outback Limited but that consideration is marred by the fact the new Outback has a shaky steering wheel at highway speeds, which is something I don't want to get involved with.

Anyway, back to the Lincoln. The reason that the price has gone up is quite simply that the value of the currency has gone down and unless Ford raises its prices it will lose money selling these vehicles. The prices of virtually EVERYTHING are going up, not just MKXs. You can't have a government that is literally throwing trillions of dollars in unbacked dollars at every loony scheme under the sun and not expect prices of goods and services to rise.

Considering the effect of inflation upon all prices, I think the new Lincoln MKX is reasonably priced, or at least as reasonably priced as it can be under the circumstances.

IMHO the Lincoln is of higher quality than the Lexus. Ford is building better quality products all the time while Toyota is on the downward side of the curve. This deterioration in Toyota quality will affect Lexus sooner or later and I personally do not want to own a Lexus when it does.
  • scubadoo777scubadoo777 Member Posts: 6
    I am working on a deal on an MKX that is fully loaded at $49k. So far I can only get $3500 off list. Noticed Ford posted a small $1k incentive today on the Lincoln website if you pay cash. Saw the same on the Ford Edge yesterday.
    Forget the Lexus - there's no comparison with the technology in the new MKX. It will take years for them to catch up.
    Edmunds review talks about "squishy brakes" - what? Am driving a Japanese manufactured, 4 yr old fully loaded SUV now that I love. I think the reviewer is nuts.
    I loved the red warning light that showed on the windshield when a car ahead of me braked suddenly and turned into a shopping center. I got a quick, tight response when I slammed on the brakes, and an adrenalin rush too. Whoa, baby!
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    Anyone looking at leftover 2010's? Was wondering since the '11 is a new model perhaps the '10's would be considerably discounted.
  • robw64robw64 Member Posts: 76
    We've been watching the roads for new MKX's and have only seen one so far. We see quite a few MKZ's in our area. Our local dealerships are sending mountains of mail with invitations to test drive. The letters all offer the complimentary maintenance program and various lease specials, but no other incentives. Edmunds.com already lists the TMV as $2,500 below sticker in Central Florida.

Anyone seeing many of these on the roads? What are the real world prices in your areas?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent buyers of a new Lincoln. If you care to share your comments, please send an email, including your daytime contact info, to pr@edmunds.com by Friday, August 12.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• merostomerosto Member Posts: 1
    Hi there! Searching for Denver locals to share their experience on buying a new MKX from local dealers. If you here please share :)