Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    but I am really glad to see that WRX thread gone from this Lancer list when typing in 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer! Whoo-hoo!

Let's keep truly great cars separated from the also-rans. Please. I am serious when I type that, too. Subaru's suffer from Etch-a-Sketch styling and their so-called improvements never seem to hit the spot with this padre.

Tomorrow is our Lancer GTS' polish and protectant appointment in Avondale, west of Phoenix. Can't wait to see the results! We're staying in Tucson tonight as our son takes in a Smashing Pumpkins show at Tucson's Electric Park. Then all three of us are heading north to Phoenix tomorrow morning to the appointment. I've already conceded to taking the shuttle to shopping while the Lancer gets beautified. I would've been just as happy to stay and blab with the salespeople at Avondale Mitsubishi or walk next door to blab with the salespeople at Avondale Kia.

It's so cool to be stricken with car nut-o-mania! :shades:

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I'm not following you at all. The Impreza WRX and Lancer are indeed separate entities and I don't think any method of searching should show them both at the same time. Please email me with the steps you have taken that shows them in the same list and I'll see about getting it fixed. (Let's don't derail the discussion here - pat AT edmunds.com)
    no need, it's already been fixed. I believe it was caliberchic who fixed it. Check with her. I would just type in "2008 Mitsubishi Lancer" and the Subaru Impreza WRX thread would also show up. Anyway, it's already fixed now.

• 1racefan1racefan Member Posts: 932
    Anyone noticed that the stereo reception doesn't seem very good? I have heard (on other forums) people mentioning this being a problem with both the standard unit, as well as thee Rockfor Fosgate unit. Mine isn't too bad, but the reception isn't as good as in my other cars.
  • mufgnlosmufgnlos Member Posts: 1
    To answer #7 from what I hear, there will be the option of the 2.0l and the 2.4l. The turbo-charged 2.4l will be standard on the so called "RalliArt." They all will be released at sepearte times and the "RalliArt" supposedly will not be available until late next year. The EvoX from what I hear will be released first as you mentioned with the 6 speed transmission. Followed by the SST Transmission during the mid-summer as I suspect the non turbo-charged optional 2.4l 4cyl engine for the Lancer to be released around the same time. From what I understand the 2.4l should be the Mitsubishi engine and not the "world engine," yet I will clarify that in a later post. Reply with further questions if you have them.
    Thanks-Carlos
  • ellusionz21ellusionz21 Member Posts: 59
    Yea, you may also notice the radio background music fading in and out at times too. Supposedly they have a fix for it, but mine is still doing it. The manger guy said the fix hasn't worked for the rockfor fosgate radios though.
  • kittykat615kittykat615 Member Posts: 10
    I got an extra set of floormats for the winter off ebay for 46 bucks! They're the EXACT floormats that came custom with the car! The guy's seller id is rchillmitsubishi, it's based out of florida, and i was really impressed with his help, and his product!

Here's the link to the auction- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2008-MITSUBISHI-LANCER-OEM-FACTORY-FLOOR-MATS- _W0QQitemZ220151575429QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33697QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI- tem
  • mirde98mirde98 Member Posts: 95
    Hello there, last month i posted a situation with my 08 Lancer GTS. I have a bad water leak problem. The sunroof looks misaligned, the rubber seals is thin and mushy, when it rains alot of drops leaks between the seal and the metal roof. The 2nd time i took it to the dealer they gave me the same lame excuse that no sunroof is 100% waterproof, which i do understand, but my case is no small leak. They gave me a paper with printed explanation of how sunroof leaks are tested, the document has no Mitsubishi Motors logo or any type of title. So im guessing the printed it of some web page. That really IRRITATES me. I really love the Lancer. I really want love it to but this problem has turned me off so bad. But i wanna do the right thing, so i proceed to call corporate Mitsubishi and i filed a complained about the vehicle initial quality and satisfaction issues. The lady was very nice and polite and she told me that in 24hrs i was gonna get a phone call from a "automotive case manager". Next day i received a call from the dealership manager, (CORP MMNA apparently called them) and he tried to "teach me" how sunroof works, which inmediatly i stopped him before i really turned rude to him, i was very firm and i expressed my dissatisfaction with the vehicle, he told me to take the car back to the dealership for more extensive testing. Anyway, i will be taking the car this week. Has ANYONE with sunroof in their 08 Lancers has experienced this issue?? PLEASE HELP! :lemon:
  • gijoewildbillgijoewildbill Member Posts: 62
    Sorry to hear you are having a bit of bad luck with your Lancer. I checked the Lancertuner.com forums which has several lancer owners (I would guess about 100 or so owners and a handful of potential buyers (like myself) and we have no post or complaint similar to this.

Bill
    Ok i took the car back to the dealership, they saw the leak and they told me it was normal, of course i didn't accept the verdict, i pointed out the misaligned sunroof, they spent like 30 min correcting it, now sits flush with the roof edge, rained yesterday and today.... guess what... no leak. So much for for a sunroof that was OK to leak as long the leak was on the drainage. Dealers should practice 1 visit/call resolution that way to avoid angry customers over such a simple thing as alignment/adjustment.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Glad you stuck to your guns and got the leak fixed. Service departments need to treat customer problems better to avoid problems down the road. This simple fix solved your problem and turned an unhappy customer into a satisfied one. Just takes a service department that is committed to customer satisfaction.

The Sandman :)
    That's correct. It stormed really bad here in central FL this week and the sunroof remained dry. Im very happy now.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Rained all last week here in South Florida and am glad it's let up a bit. Could finally wash the car today. Glad the roof is dry and hopefully it won't be a problem again.

The Sandman :)
  • hunter312hunter312 Member Posts: 22
    Dunno if this was posted before, but I found a photoshopped pic of a 09 Lancer Wagon and it looks quite nice. If the real thing looks anything like this Mitsu will have a lot more business!

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=285833&page=8&highlight=2008+ralli- art

Its at the bottom of the page...
    that looks like a great looking wagon to me, hunter312! If I were Mitsubishi I would build this '09 Mitsubishi Lancer wagon. Although it doesn't show a rear view it does show the C-pillar area from the front looking back, so it basically gives us most of what we need to go on as far as how this Lancer wagon will look like.

If you imagine how the back of the Lancer sedan looks like for 2008 with the sloping taillights and circular insides I think the fit to a wagon will look great. Very interesting news and thank you for posting that!

• shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    I recently had the misfortune of damaging my 2008 Lancer GTS. :cry:

Pulling into a parking space I misjudged the distance on the right side and rubbed the right front wheel and tire against the curb. When I heard the grinding noise I knew something was wrong. Closer inspection of the wheel revealed a rub mark on the tire itself and the outer rim of the alloy wheel was all scratched up about a quarter of the way around. I'm heartbroken because I was being so careful with my new car. At least I did the damage myself, so no one to blame but me.

So be careful out there! The low profile tires on the GTS do not offer a lot of protection from curbs!

Anyone know of an easy way to "fix" a scratched alloy wheel? :sick:
    sorry to hear about what happened. It's tough 'cause we love our Lancer's and we ty to be so careful...then something like this!

I have "brushed" curbs ever so slightly so far and managed not to hurt my GTS alloy wheels. I notice the stock Dunlop's don't carry a "scar" very long from a "brush" off a curb, either, which is nice. I am not able to come up with a good answer for you on this one but I am curious if someone else knows what can be done short of ordering another 18" alloy wheel.

• tiff_ctiff_c Member Posts: 531
    Curbing is a sad fact of the driving life, it's on the wheel and it will depend if your rim is coated or not but you can always try buffing it out with some polishing grit make sure you don't make it too bright compared to the metal around it.
    Other than that I'd say don't worry about it. The first scratch is always the hardest. Wait until a Semi throws a rock through your windshield or into your hood. :sick:
    regarding our rigs, I noticed a small(about 1/4 inch wide by 3/16 inch tall)paint chip on my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS the other day.

It's right on the left-rear door, located on the edge of the outside door, right near where the metal stops(or folds back to the inside).

It's barely noticeable but it does show up as a metallic silver color. I wonder if I just took a crayon or a magic marker and colored it people might not notice it(I still would, yes).

But my question is, we have a warranty on our paint job, yes? Would my dealer be obligated to touch this puppy up for me, or would he instead just sell me a paint stick or something for something this tiny? I think a lot of new car owners would notice a speck like this but I'll bet a whole bunch wouldn't even notice it at all. What'cha'all think on this hot issue?

But my question is, we have a warranty on our paint job, yes? Would my dealer be obligated to touch this puppy up for me, or would he instead just sell me a paint stick or something for something this tiny? I think a lot of new car owners would notice a speck like this but I'll bet a whole bunch wouldn't even notice it at all. What'cha'all think on this hot issue?

My experience has been that car dealers in general will do just as you say and give you a paint stick. You can have a pro detail it for you and that might work depending if it's long enough, also it would depend if it actually was a paint defect or if it was a stone chip from the road.
    Some cars have painted rims and those are easier to touch up. I'm not making light of the curbed wheels but at least they are on the ground but paint is really up in your face and visible to everyone.
    Lots of stuff gets thrown up by trucks and chips the paint. I've had all that happen to my Rex and it really bites when that happens but what can you do? Detailing should fix it but I just don't see the dealer doing much to fix it. Although your dealer seems really decent so they might. No harm in asking. :)
    tiff c. I may ask or just go to the auto parts store(my little town does have an Autozone and NAPA and a few other auto parts places)and buy a little kit and touch it up myself. I actually would enjoy doing that one myself.

OTOH-if my Mitsu dealer points me to come in and they'll take it on I'd be happy next L-O-F to let them touch it up. It's not a big deal but then again if it's not covered up it might chip wider or something. It looks like it was chipped out by a rock kicked up. Last weekend I took the car back on an "unimproved" stretch of road to the backcountry. No bottoming out or anything just kicked up some rocks from the road. Probably happened then.

One way or another I'll get it covered up soon. BTW-it is only about 1/4" wide by about 1/8" tall. Really small nick but I love this car and notice every little flick and nick and noise, know what I mean? :D

OTOH-if my Mitsu dealer points me to come in and they'll take it on I'd be happy next L-O-F to let them touch it up. It's not a big deal but then again if it's not covered up it might chip wider or something. It looks like it was chipped out by a rock kicked up.

Yeah this happens a lot on rural roads. I was upset the first time it happened in my Rex then again and then a gravel truck got in font of me :sick: :sick:
    Narrow road, no way to pass and I was back pretty far considering how slow he was going but those little rocks bounce a long ways.
    Hopefully your dealer will sort it for you, no harm in asking. I also agree that it could get worse if you don't do something to protect underneath the chip.
  • shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    Well, I took my Lancer in for a 6,000 mile L-O-F and tire rotation. The damaged wheel is now in the right rear position and the scuff mark on the tire is fading. The scratches on the wheel are more like rough pot marks. It looks like the alloys on the Lancer are painted, because there is a difference in color between the damaged and undamaged part of the wheel, like paint had been scraped off.

I feel a little better about the wheel. It's not noticeable unless you are really looking closely at it, since the damage is only on the extreme outer edge of the rim.

While I was at the dealership I picked up a paint stick. I noticed several very small paint chips about the size of a pen tip on the hood and wanted to fix them. The paint stick worked perfectly and you can't tell where the chips were.

Please help me! I'm way too fanatical about this Lancer. You will probably hear my scream across several states when I get my first door ding. I know it will happen, it's just a matter of when!
    Please help me! I'm way too fanatical about this Lancer. You will probably hear my scream across several states when I get my first door ding. I know it will happen, it's just a matter of when!

I know you won't believe this but way back I used to work with a guy and when he bought a new car, he'd come inside get a ballpeen hammer and put one dent in it, fender, door, or rear quarter panel. He said it stopped him worrying about it. Too bad he didn't worry more about smoking 3 packs a day as that killed him. :(
    I worked with a lot of crazy people. :shades:
    You'll be ok, just take it in stride and relax, it's a car, it can always be fixed. :)
    tiff c! No problem.

Yeah, after reading shado4's post I'll probably go pick up a paint stick on my next stretch of days off starting this Friday coming up. The dealer is 90 miles away but this car rocks so distances are not a problem!

shado4-take it easy, man! I am with you on being kind of nutty about this car. I am too.

Another incident with my Lancer GTS happened about 5 months ago. We were late getting back to the vet's. We talked the vet in to letting us come in and pick up our kittens even though we were late...and thankfully she did. Our cats were getting neutered and we love them so much-it would have traumatized them to leave them overnight in a strange place when they woke up from the operation you know(or so we convinced ourselves they'd be upset). So we paid up and took our cats out to the Lancer GTS.

Well, the vet opened just the right door as we were loading the cats in to the car because out came loafing two or three huge hunting type dogs of hers. The type where their heads are the size of our heads(almost)and their paws are huge and their legs are huge. They saw some animals in our car and popped those huge paws up on the right hand side C-pillar of my Lancer GTS!

"Ohhhh--nooo!" I yelped.

"Come on pups!" the vet called for her dogs. Too late.

Scratches coming down the side from the roof area down about 10-12 inches were etched in by these giant's claws.

Now, they are very thin scratches, kind of like those swirly scratches one can get from car washes or any time they lightly scrape something across their car's finish.

So I bought some GS-27 stuff from WalMart(not the correct brand, the brand I bought is called something else, I just can't remember it)and I have yet to apply it. I have a feeling it will work, though, as these scratches are not very deep and the product description describes such being able to even fix deep scratches. So I'll fix it and I might go get a paint stick from the dealer and hold a little paint correction clinic in my driveway next chunk of days off. ;)

But I do know about caring deeply for a car, shado4. Hang in there, man!

Hey guys -
    I was at my dealer yesterday, and asked the service guy if he had heard of any stereo issues. He said that there have been reports of the tone and volume levels changing (even with the Speed Controlled Volume turned off) when listinging to FM stations. There have apparently been reports of this being an issue with all the different radios - the base model thru the RF model. He said a few months ago, Mitsubishi told them if people were complaining, to order them a new radio. He said they have since come back and said the issue isn't with the radio, so to hold off on ordering a radio, because they are working on a fix. This leads me to believe this is some kind of a software issue?

Iluv - I would recommend buying a tube of Meguiar's ScratchX. Take a clean, new terry cloth towel, and buff the scratch hard with some ScratchX applied to the terry cloth towel. Then wipe away the residue with a microfiber towel. It will take several applications of the ScratchX, and you will have to put decent arm strength behind it, but this stuff works.
    The service manager at the dealership I go to said the fix doesn't work on the RF radio. Only the regular one. They replaced my radio a couple months ago. It used to do it really bad the first few months but its faded now. I hear it once ina while but it never happens when I have the service people ride with me so I've just given up pretty much.
    So I know because it has side airbags I have to get special seat covers.. any suggestions on how to do that affordably? I mean I don't want some super cheap quality, but I dunno if I got like 500 bucks to spend to protect the front and back seats. I wish they made premade side airbag type seat covers. :(
  • davelanddaveland Member Posts: 1
    yeah dang! i thought my cd player was screwed when i got the car new it kept saying ERROR for any cd i put in it but it hasent done it since and its been great i think it was the very first time its been used lol. and yes also the tone on my radio changes every once ina while but again it hasent done it in a while.. :blush:
    about the paint chip I got on my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. They told me that the Warranty doesn't cover that but I could buy a paint stick for $9.95 from them. I ordered one from them since they didn't have any Rally Red metallic paint sticks in the house. It will take about 2 or 3 business days to come in so early next week I will have it and paint my paint chip to get it covered up. I don't wanna leave it uncovered like it is very long.

I bought some scratch and swirl remover from WalMart called Kit that I will use to remove the light paint scratches on the right rear C-pillar. Should do the trick. Love this car, men.

• ohmyohmy Member Posts: 2
    please help me I want to die before telling my boyfriend. I just got home and i heard it the grinding sound his beloved 2008 lancer i scratched I can't even look at him I've never kept anything from him. Please tell me when the dealer opens in the morining I can buy him a new rim. I don't care how much it would cost just please what do I do can I get a replacement
  • ohmyohmy Member Posts: 2
    ya'll know I came clean about it and he took it better then I did. Still want to fix the damage I caused any ideas would help the sun is out I'm gonna go see how bad it.
    ya'll know I came clean about it and he took it better then I did. Still want to fix the damage I caused any ideas would help the sun is out I'm gonna go see how bad it.

If it's a painted wheel it can be buffed and repainted and if it's aluminum if can be buffed out unless it's gouged deeply and even that can be filled although how that would affect the balance I don't really know.
    Curbing a rim isn't fun but it's not the end of the world. I've curbed mine and I am very careful but it happens.
    I don't worry as my car is a bit old and long in the tooth but when it was new it got curbed. I left the scar there and eventually it was no longer a problem.
    For my money I'd buy painted wheels easy enough to get them repainted.
    flavor for ya.

This is the Lancer Fortis 2.0 that is being offered for sale by Mitsubishi Motors for 2008. Only this Lancer is being offered in Taiwan. Note its more "calmed-down" look than our Lancer's here in the U.S. Almost gives the car a Hyundai Sonata type of a look, eh?

stick yesterday at Ideal Mitsubishi in Sierra Vista, AZ. It was a tad over $10.00 with tax.

We are to remove air by pressing on the tip holding it upward. Shake well before each use for best results. Depress tip gently in a repetitive manner until flow starts. Dab stone chip lightly. Let dry and do same operation with "clear" side(on the other end of the paint stick there is a "clearcoat" application tip). Replace cap after use. If tip dries out, simply remove it, soak it in lacquer thinner and replace. It's order number is MZ314000, Rally Red P26, 310807.

I plan on using mine soon and I'll let y'all know how it goes. My chip is on the left rear door, right at the door line, about halfway up the door. The chip is small but I spotted the little bugger. I think this paint stick will prove to be helpful covering up those annoying stone chips you get on your hood, grille and valance up front, too.

• ru06ru06 Member Posts: 23
    Hello all, its been a while since I posted on here. I now have just shy of 8,000 mi. on my GTS with Navi, CVT and keyless entry in the Grey Metallic. Just like everyone else on here, I am also loving this car. It seems everytime I get into it, I'm more attached to it than the day before! After driving my mom's rental '07 Lexus ES350 for a couple days while her RX was in the shop, and then getting back into my car, the handling on this GTS makes me really appreciate it. It is so poised and stable around the turns and zero float on the highway... it almost handles like a Bimmer in a way! I'm also sure most of you have discovered that this car really loves to go FAST on the highways! Luckily it hasn't gotten me into any trouble yet (knock on wood) but I hit 95mph the other day on the freeway and I felt like it wanted to go even more! No shakes, rattles or vibrations at this speed at all! Just smooth sailing!! ;)
    I, too, have also curbed one of my rims ever so slightly. When it first happened I was very upset, but now I don't even notice it anymore. When it first happened I took some medium to fine grit sandpaper and went over it, which helped get rid of the rougher edges on the scratch, but just be careful because like some of you have mentioned I think these rims may be painted. All in all, no problems yet with this car (as to be expected from the Japanese) and hopefully this trend will continue for years to come! Cheers to everyone for all of the informative posts and Happy Thanksgiving!!
    nice to see you back on here! Got a question for ya. Do you feel that your Lancer GTS is lacking power? Because that is one of the knocks on this car. Mitsubishi is going to bring a Lancer with a 2.4L engine for more power real soon.

Thing is, I don't see the problem. I have heard the complaint from a few Edmunds posters who test drove '08 Lancer's. I just don't have a problem with the '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS' power band. Then again, I drive like a conservative Grandpa from Pleasantville, too. :P

Mind you, I'm not a Grandpa, but my Lancer GTS gets me up and going just fine. Especially with the CVT paddle-shifting operation..the car picks nicely up and gets a faster start. But even in 'D' automatic the car picks up fine for me.

Just wondered how you're getting along with your Lancer's get up and go, ru06. Any one else, please comment on how you are getting along with your Lancer's power output, or lack thereof, K?

• ru06ru06 Member Posts: 23
    Hey iluvmysephia, yes, this is one of the car's knocks, however, when I use the tiptronic and put it in 1st, it rev's up VERY quickly into the 3000-5000rpm range and this is where the greatest amounts of torque are available. When I then shift to 2nd around around 5000rpm, it only drops down to around 3500-3800rpm's, still well within the peak points of the torque bands. I must also note that at these rpm's mentioned, the car picks up speed extremely quickly! It seems I get to 50mps in about 5 or 6 seconds, which is great considering the 175ish horsepower and the significant heft of the car around 4,200 lbs. In other words, when the paddle shifters, or tiptronic is used (which is extremely fun to use), the car is PLENTY quick for me. I will admit, however, that it is the lower rpms where the car does indeed lack in power. This is between the 1000 and 2000rpm range. I assume that the new 2.4L engine will add some power to this range, but I would actually prefer the 2.0L over the 2.4 engine since it will be better on gas. Bigger engine=more gas, and I don't like supporting foreign oil countries if I don't have to!!! All in all, this car seems to have the best of both worlds... it is a fuel miser at the lower rpms (which is where the tach stays when in "D" however it is a true performer when flipped into the standard mode, as it becomes very free-reving, putting the tach into the highest points of the torque band, which is just enough to get me into trouble if I am not careful enough! ;)
    and I really like how we can choose 'D' for standard driving and pop it in to CVT 1-6 whenever we want more performance. I popped it in to 1-6 CVT tonight while driving on our hometown streets and it really does pick up speed faster, like you mentioned.

My tire pressure monitoring system warned me this AM of a tire with low air pressure and I got that taken care of by 8:00AM. Part of me babying this car means not waiting to equalize all four tires...to not let any tire have more pressure...to keep tires wearing evenly. Oh, yeah, I had my tires rotated about a month or month and a half ago, too.

13,701 miles and we're running along like a champ. Love this car more with each passing week, gentlemen. ;)

• michellevmichellev Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2008 Lancer GTS in April. When I reach the 7,500 mile service interval in December (on my 8 month anniversary), I took the car to the dealer for the first scheduled oil change, tire rotation and recall fix for the doors.

I then found out that my 8-month old front tires were shot and needed to be replaced. The cords were showing. I was told that this was caused by not rotating my tires prior to the 7,500 mile mark. Has this happened to anyone else? The manual indicates the first oil change and tire rotation should occur at 7500 miles. I am very upset because the tires only lasted 8 months.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    You might check the warranties on your car. Most cars I've owned had a 12-month, 12,000 mile warranty on the OEM tires. New tires should not wear out after only 7500 miles, tire rotations or no tire rotations.
    from memory I think we have a 12 month, 12,000 mile Warranty on our tires. I have the 18" Dunlop performance tires on my '08 Lancer GTS. What tires do you have?

Whichever tires you have they should not be wearing out at only 7,500 miles. I would press for replacement coverage from the tire manufacturer on this one, for sure. Yeah, not getting a 7,500 tire rotation (which I did get, BTW, I baby my Lancer GTS to the hilt) should not contribute to wearout this early. That's nuts.

And telling you that you should have gotten them rotated prior to 7,500 is not per the Warranty on these cars, either. So that argument makes about as much sense as Dennis Rodman making a comeback in the NBA.

• hlakey79hlakey79 Member Posts: 1
    Good morning all. I too fell under the spell of the Lancer. We're going to purchase ours this weekend. But my husband and I can't decide on options. I want the navigation, he wants the sun & sound. I just wanted to know if there is a package that includes both sun & sound and navi. I don't want to have to essentially pay for two stereo systems if I buy both packages. Does anyone know if there is an option for the ES that combines them? Or if both are even available on the ES? Any knowledgable responses welcome! :) THANKS!
  • lvhatchbklvhatchbk Member Posts: 12
    I purchased a 08 Lancer GTS last May. No problems, until yesterday. I noticed a slight oil leak after I got to work. Good thing I did. Took some time off of work to get the car to my dealer (Peoples Las Vegas). After about three hours, they called. They found the source of the leak. They explained it was the gasket on the timing belt cover and they would have to keep the car another day to fix it. Now, I understand "stuff" happens, but I wasn't expecting something like this after only 5,085 miles. I asked the service advisor if he had seen this before and I'm the first.

Has anyone out there had this problem or heard of it before? Don't assume because your car is brand new that nothing could happen. I would hate to think my car is the only one with this problem.
    I'm up to about 13k miles, No probs like that that I know of... still stuck on the radio issue. :(
    "They found the source of the leak. They explained it was the gasket on the timing belt cover and they would have to keep the car another day to fix it"

I thought the Lancer had a timing chain?
    Soo hard to find something in my price range. I mean why don't people make more of something like this? I found it on a UK site, GB Driver but they don't deliver to the US unfortunately. And I can't find it sold anywhere else searching online. Anyone else had any luck in finding covers?

• lvhatchbklvhatchbk Member Posts: 12
    You are correct. It was the timing chain cover. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on this. Can anyone explain how this could have happened? Manufacturing defect?
  • solereclipzsolereclipz Member Posts: 3
    We got our Lancer GTS '08 a couple of months ago and although we absolutely love the car, we're having some trouble with the car veering to the left. We've taken the car back to the dealership for service 4 times now. They've given it 2 wheel alignments and still it's veering to the left. They've given us quite a bit of excuses from "that's the way it's supposed to be" to it's called "torque steering" to a "problem with the tires". Frankly, it's taking the pleasure out of owning this machine. We've finally called Mitsubishi and they've given us a case # and we're just waiting for someone to call us back. We were told at the dealership that we are not the only ones having this trouble and apparently a few people have had the same problem with the '07 Outlander. I was just curious to know if anyone else out there is having this problem and if so how is their dealership service handling this? Because our dealership service is less than stellar? :mad:
  • rpibravesfanrpibravesfan Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my Lancer GTS 2 months ago and am looking over the maintenance schedule. Do I only have to get the oil changed every 7500 miles as it seems in the manual as opposed to the normal 3 months, 3000 miles. Or does the maintenance schedule not include normal oil changes and only has larger things in the schedule. I'm almost at 3000 miles and trying to figure out if I should get the oil changed. Thanks.