Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Sport Trac Brake Questions

KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
edited May 2014 in Ford
Bring your ST to a nice clean whoa

kcram - Pickups Host

Comments

• jessy5482jessy5482 Member Posts: 1
    I havent had my sport trac but maybe a month. I recently had my brakes checked because of excessive dust and squeaking. the mechanic said they were good, i have doubts. . . Also my 6 disk changer ejects all the disks and goes crazy when it gets warm. Is this common or did i get a lemon? :lemon:
  • miamiwuhtmiamiwuht Member Posts: 1
    Is it true that the rotors on a sport trac cannot simply be removed bit instead are premanently attached to the wheel hubs? How hard does that make it and can the rotors still be spun?
  • binaroundbinaround Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Sportrac. It now has 79K on the V6 engine. The front brakes make a funny "chuff chuff" kind of sound as the vehicle slows to a stop. You can hear it with each rotation of the wheels. It is coming from the front disc brakes. It has been doing this for a long time. My mechanic checked out the brake system and turned the rotors, so he says and says he can't really find anything wrong that would make that sound. It hasn't affected the brakes until recently I have begun to notice a surge feeling when stopping. I suspect that is separate and apart from the chuffing noise. I am a little reluctant to go to the Ford dealer. My experience with them is costly at any level. Any thoughts or experiences with this?
This discussion has been closed.