Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Highlander Tires and Wheels

Comments

• steve1979steve1979 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Gary, those numbers will help. Good luck with your new HT's.
    Steve
  • gary222gary222 Member Posts: 5
    Wow that's funny, I did the same thing and all Toyo would offer me was 25%, and my tires only had 12,500 on them. I once read a post about a guy getting 50% off, that's why I contacted them myself. My one mistake was when I brought the vehicle for inspection at the retailer, I mentioned that I just purchased it used, and when he contacted toyo about the condition of the tires he told them that the car was used. I contacted them again and was informed because I wasn't the original owner, 25% was all they would offer. I then asked them if I hadn't mentioned that the car was used would they have granted me more of a discount and they said no. I guess I should have pushed the issue further.
  • doubles3doubles3 Member Posts: 21
    Well, I called Toyo and they told me to take a hike.

I got the H/T delivered for littel over $700, including shipping from treaddepot.com

After busting one tire, treaddepot is sending me a new one. Obviously, I am paying for it.

Also, I noticed that Toyo seems to be way more prone to flat tires. I have 2008 HL and I ended up with 3 flat tires under 3 years (on A20) + one on H/T last week. I have not had a flat tire on the car which H/L replaced. My other car which is 9 years old, I only recall one flat.

Anyone else is seeing it ?
    Folks:

Clearly, there is a LOT of variation as to what type of "discount" is being offered by Toyo. We just called them today based on some of the recent posts and were treated very pleasantly on the phone by someone named "Candice". She directed me to a local dealer in small town Minnesota (wasn't aware we even had anyone selling Toyo) and said they'd measure the tread wear against the mileage on the car....and then to have that representative call her back and that reading would determine any discount they offered. The Toyo phone rep made the point that there ISN'T ANY WARRANTY on these tires and thus wanted to make it clear that Toyo doesn't have any obligation---but might well offer some "discount" towards new Toyo's. Call me pessimistic, but do they offer a discount against "suggested retail" so that even if you think you're getting a deal it might be a wash versus just trying to buy the tires via an online discounter and skip the hassle with going thru Toyo entirely? Can anyone who has gotten a discount (and I've now seen posts referencing 25%, 40% and even 50%) tell me whether that discount is against some inflated (no pun intended) retail price so that in the end it's pretty much of a wash?

"Deflated in Minnesota"

P.S. The woman (Candice) did say that "they've had a LOT of these complaints on this tire and she said she didn't know WHY they were installing this particular tire---as it was really only a 20,000-30,000 tire at best. That's the first time I've ever heard of an actual Toyo rep openly questioning Toyota's decision to use this tire on Highlanders.
  • steveayzsteveayz Member Posts: 28
    Toyota is trying to save few $$$ using cheap tires, cheap plastics for interior and so forth, calling this cost reduction. The only problem here that this is their cost reduction at our expense.
  • gary222gary222 Member Posts: 5
    Steve, the 25% discount offer from Toyo was off retail. I was told by the retailer that the retail price was $289.00 ea. Obviously they were cheaper on line than using their discount. If they offer you a discount, be sure not to mention it to the retailer until you find out what the retail price is. Good luck.
    Does someone have better understanding how the tire pressure sensor and indicator of low tire pressure work ?

So I got flat last week. The indicator comes up for tire pressure, I pull over to the nearest gas station, tire not repairable, so the spare is installed. For 3-4 days I am driving with inflated but defective tire in the spare location. The INDICATOR is NOT on. I am assuming that this is because the tire is inflated but the leak is really slow. Finally 4 days later, the indicator is ON. I am assuming that the damaged tire finally deflated enough so this is why INDICATOR came up as the other 4 tires look OK.

Now, I get back, remove the spare and start looking for a new tire. The indicator is ON, I guess becuase spare is missing. My guess is that the computer counts the number of signals ? Sometimes, after I start the car the indicator is ON . Other times, after starting the car it blinks for a while and then it stays ON. Don't understand why.
  • as48as48 Member Posts: 9
    I did not have any issues with the TOYO A20 tires on my 08 Highlander sport. But at 38K, they were due for replacement. I did not want to pay $280 per A20 replacement, therefore, I 4 TOYO H/T tires that are the same size as the original A20 tires from Treadepot.com for ~700 including delivery to my TOYOTA dealer which install them on my car. I drove them on the highway and local roads and they seems to be fine tires; no road noise or unsafe feeling. I assume that they will behave equal or better than the A20 in winter driving.
  • tventretventre Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2008 Highlander Sport with 13,770 miles P245/55R19 A20 tires) . I went to the Toyota dealer and they were very aware of the tire issue. They would offer me 10% discount on Bridgestone. I contacted Toyo customer service at 1-800-442-8696 (Calif location) and they gave me 2 tire shops to bring my car for inspection. The conclusion is that all 4 tires have premature wear. Toyo will reimburse 50% of the cost for new tires. I also went with the Toyo H/T tires vs the Bridgestone since the Toyo H/T tires have a 64K warranty. I think the Bridgestone only had 40K. Toyo is very much aware of the issue with the A20 tires. It was actually a pleasure to deal with Toyo - which was quite a surprise.
  • gopcsgopcs Member Posts: 2
    Well, I bit the bullet. I bought new wheels and tires.

I have been looking at the Highlander all summer. The sales people say they are not aware of tire issues on the Highlander. I printed info from Edmunds and Consumer Reports, and included forum posts, and gave it to a salesman. I also sent emails to dealers in the area and to Toyota Corp. regarding their poor selection of wheel size and tires.

So I bought a 2010 Highlander Sport last week knowing that I would be adding to the cost by replacing tires and wheels.

Went to Discount Tire last night and purchased 4 wheels 8x18" and 4 Michelin LTX-MS 245/60R18 tires. I have had this tire on 3 different vehicles including the previous vehicle, a 2001 Highlander Limited. This tire has the same circumference as the 245/55R19 Toyo's. The Michelin's are great tires, and should easily last 60k miles. Ride and handing are fine, there is a bit more road noise, as would be expected.

A guy at Discount Tire said another Highlander owner was in last week doing the same wheel/tire replacement.
    I'm sorry for being a skeptic----but I think it's absolutely NOT TRUE that the Toyota people don't know about the Highlander tire issue, I think it's just good politics to pretend when asked that you know of no litigation/complaints, etc. I "played dumb" and asked the Toyota dealer I bought my 2008 Highlander Hybrid about any "tire concerns" on this car and he said he hadn't really heard about that issue....and then I responded that I knew of a Highlander owner who had serious tire problems who came to them and told them she was going to work on developing a "class action suit" as she knew of many other Highlander owners who had serious tire problems including one who had an accident attributed to worn tires. He sort of turned white and said, "oh, you mean that tire problem". It's just B.S. that they don't know---they know the same as most producers who have a bad product that they have to represent and they're only going to respond to serious inquiries---and not volunteer they know anything other than that. So, good luck with your tire/rim change; sounds pretty ridiculous of having to go out and by new tires/rims for a brand new car. Wonder why you didn't consider first trying the Toyo HT's that everyone on this site seems to feel is the best solution at a reasonable price.....with the expectation that some other manufacturer other than Toyo will eventually produce a reliable tire for this vehicle/rim size?
  • hlanderhlander Member Posts: 31
    I don't know about Toyota response above mentioned "classic action suit".
    It may be concerned with that or not, Toyo Tire contact me yesterday. I contacted and complained about the premature ware out tire but they just play the game with me by sending me out to no Toyo Dealer. When I got to the tire shop or garage which was the agent gave me to go and check my tire and I ended up to hear that they are not Toyo Dealer and no responsible for that.

Then I reported to BBB but nothing happen again. I finally give up and change my tires to Duler.

Now they contact me and they want my invoice of new tire and after they got that receipt they will reinvest 38% of the cost.

Why this one pop up after 6 months of complaint? Any idea? Anyway I'm a little bit happy with reinvestment.
  • 400e400e Member Posts: 41
    For what it's worth, I ordered a set of H/Ts earlier this week and they are on the way.

Has anyone else ordered them lately to confirm that the national backorder situation has ended?
    yes I rceived the H/T tires last Friday and they seems to be fine.
    In my Camry, the tire sensor lighted up, but when I checked the tire presure, all 4 tires were at the required presure. The guy at the Toyota service told me that upon the cold weather, the air presure reduced during the night and causes the sensor to show low presure. He suggested to raise the presure by a couple of lbs from 32 to 34, and this will prevent the problem.
  • ronnronn Member Posts: 398
    Hello everyone,
    I posted a few weeks ago about installing my new Toyo HT's. I have taken two trips since having the new HT tires, and I want to tell you that they are much, much, more quiet than the A20's , and the ride is very smooth.
    I am very pleased with the difference in the ride, as I was concerned it might make the ride rougher.
    Since I have read many post with people complaining about the ride and noise with the Bridgestones, I am glad I made the decision to go with Toyo HT's.
    The HT has a great warranty, so I would recommend that you stay with the Toyo tires until more choices are out there.
    To those who ask if I would buy another Highlander due to the tire situation, the answer is YES. I have had many Toyotas, and the Highlander is the best I have had, and I love driving it. To make sure of warranty issues, that was also a reason for not switching tire sizes.
  • ronnronn Member Posts: 398
    YES, as I posted about my new HT's, yes, I would buy another Highlander. I have had many Toyota's, and I love the Highlander. Mine is an 08 Limited. since having the HT tires installed, the ride is actually more quiet and smooth. I recently took two trips with the new tires, and it was awesome ! Now, I am ready for whatever winter brings, and feel very comfortable with these tires. They also have a great warranty.
    Hope this helps.....
  • tventretventre Member Posts: 4
    I'm not sure of the Camry but I had a Sequoia and I have a Highlander - check the spare. My tire sensor came on and in each case it was the spare. All 4 tires were on or close to the recommended pressure but the spare was low. Once I filled the spare, the light went off.
  • ebroadedebroaded Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for letting me know that you would still buy the Highlander in spite of the tire and rim size issues. I hope that the new HT tires are better in the snow and last longer as well. It is reassuring to know that there is a solution to the tire issue and that you love the vehicle.
  • bayouguybayouguy Member Posts: 12
    Just like everyone else, I was amazed this past summer, when I noticed that tires on my 2008 4WD Limited (Treadwear rating of 300) were wearing out at 28,000 miles. Especially after rotaing them every 5,000 miles. Who would have thought you would get a set of cheap tires on a $40,000. vehical. My local dealership quoted me a price of $1,500 plus tax ($120.) $1620 to replace with a new set of Toyo's. It's always a pleasure doing business with my local dealer. You can always count on them to treat you fair and give you the best possible price available (not!). So any way, I started checking around for a set of Toyo P245/55R19 Open Country H/T 103S (Treadwear rating of 640, 60,000 mile tire). They seemed to be on backorder everywhere, but I finally went with "Treadepot.com" because I had done business with them in the past. After about 4 weeks, they finally came in. Paid $151.00 each, a set of 4 was $747 delivered to the door, including the 36 month Road Hazard and shipping. I then went to my local allignment shop and had the tires mounted, balanced and a front and rear alignment for $143. That's a total cost of $890. A savings of $730 over my local dealer. I've only had them a few days, but they seem to ride great, milage is the same at approx. 23 mpg and they look good.

PS. Don't get me wrong, I love my Highlander, wouldn't trade it for anything. Just wanted to talk about the tire issue.
  • bob259bob259 Member Posts: 280
    While I still have the A20's on my vehicle I finally just received my 4 Blizzak snow tires from the Tire Rack (been on BO since the end of June). In July I also picked up a set of new Highlander Sport 19" take off wheels to mount the snows on cheaper then the aftermarket ones available at the Tire Rack. Would have loved to have the Hybrid wheels for the snows as well, but these were all I could find. So come next week I'll have 4 19" snows, the correct size, mounted on Toyota wheels for winter.

I hope that by the time my A20's bite the dust (11K on them now) that either the HT's will be plentyful or there are other choices available.
  • qfmaxqfmax Member Posts: 1
    bob256:

I'm going to follow the same course as you (got my Blizzaks on order from TireRack...who says they have them in stock) and will wait until sprint to swap out the original, junky A20's for H/Ts. I'd like to save some hassle and get another set of wheels to mount the Blizzaks on and I'm wondering where you found the Highlander sport wheels you're using? I'd like to avoid paying $265/OEM wheel if I can.

Anybody else have advice on a good set of 19" wheels that'll work on an '08 HH Limited?
    Got them on Ebay for about $200 each w/ center caps and lugs shipped. I saw the same thing and this way I saved $65 per wheel and have regular Toyota wheels.
  • worthfloridaworthflorida Member Posts: 23
    I'm now 60 years old and I've bought quite a few tires. First off the tire warranty for X number of mileage is nothing but a marketing gimmick. Hardly anyone (but there are a few) will get 80K on a set of tires and if you NOW read the fine print, the dealers will only honor tire warranty from wear out if you can prove with RECEIPT$ that the tires were rotated and balance every 5K. The cost to do this will out exceed the cost of a new set. DIY's that do it themselves do not count.

Everyone drives different and those who blow away from stop lights and turn hard will burn out any tires in short time. I once bought Michelin X tires at Costco rated at 80K for my wife's AeroStar. At 36K they were well worn out and Costco (at that time pro-rated them and I go a new set for $125). At this time it came my van and when I sold it 50K miles later, the tires were worn out.

Tire life also varies by the vehicle weight and the location in the country. Different areas have more abrasive aggregate in the asphalt and hilly and mountainous areas also are harder on tires.

The best indicator is the uniform tire rating. When the numbers are in the 300 range, expect maybe 20K and with easy driving 30K, the 400 range maybe 40K and the 500 range and above 50K max. Therefore, I like to buy tires of at least 460 and higher and alot of it depends on your budget on which ones to buy.

Another indicator I use is the rubber thickness of a new tire and the performance rating. So call high performance tires with high traction will not last at all. They are generally 9/32" of rubber and a softer compound for traction. Regular passenger tires will usually have a max of 11/32" of new rubber. Cheaper tires will have the 9/32".

Another problem the tire shops have are the retired guys. They buy a new car at retirement, keep it in the garage most of the time and after 8 years the 40K tires only have 25K on them but they are all dry rotted (ozone damage) and they expect new tires because the OEM tires did not last. There is no warranty on this normal wear.

I've bought cheap tires and expensive ones and the real indicator is the driver. So every place I read those who write and complain about how bad tires are, first look in the mirror and start from there as what tires to buy next and what to expect.

FYI, on our Highlander I rotated the tires every 10,000 miles with the spare. On the OEM's we got 50,000 when I had to replace them.
  • nowlennowlen Member Posts: 35
    Don't rule out the 17" wheels that come on the base HL. I have a Sport with the 19's and I found a beautiful set of 4 with centers for just over $500 on ebay early this summer and had a lot better choice of tires in the 17" flavor. I got the Michelin Latitude X-Ice for around 160 each from Costco well after the end of last year's snow season. So for about $1,200, I got OEM wheels and primo snows. And a bonus of the 17's, if you live in pothole country, is the extra 1" of sidewall on the tire. If I come across a potential warranty issue, I'll just put the 19's back on when I take it in for any warranty work.
  • djsmwdjsmw Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2008 Highlander Hybrid know about the tires. has anybody siped the Bridgestone tires and if so how did they preform?
    Got my new snows mounted on the spare set of wheels I purchased today and just had regular valve stems installed on them and no TPMS pucks installed. I found out the following. I have a Hybrid Limited and went into the small screen set up mode (hold dsp button) and reset the tire presure monitor to off. I have no warning lights or error messages... this is great news for those worried about the light staying on.
  • kevinkjmkevinkjm Member Posts: 3
    Does this happen to anyone? We have a 2005 FWD 6cyl highlander which spins out with the slightest touch of the accelerator from a stop or accelerating during a slow turn when the roads are wet. I've been driving FWD cars for 25 years and am quite familiar with torque steer and all sorts of other FWD symptoms if one is aggressive, but the Highlander spins out under the most conservative of driving conditions.

I thought it was the OEM tires, so I swapped them out with a set of Yokahama Geolanders HTS and didn't really see any difference other than the increased road nosie.

So now I'm puzzled... is it the tires? the vehicle's torque?

Does anyone else experience this with their Highlander?

Thanks

-Kevin
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I suspect that you're accelerating and turning a little faster than you think. In a turn, you're reducing the load on the inside tires and the frictional force on the tires is proportional to that load. Wet pavement provides a significantly reduced coefficient of friction. Also, the Highlander has a higher center of gravity than a sedan which tends to amplify the effect of reduced load on the inside tires in a turn. All of those factors result in slippage when you're accelerating too fast while turning.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    I have a 2003 Highlander V6 3.0L. I think your model is a 3.5L with more hp & torque. I live in S. Florida and it is the rain capital of the US. 56 inches a year and the only time the front wheels slip is hard acceleration on damp roads where the oil comes up to the surface. Other then all of the typical roads conditions, asphalt aggregate and climate can affect the road friction; have you every have the dealer check out your vehicle. You do have drive by wire and it could be a throttle position sensor or another one and the computer thinks that the engine is not up to the correct RPM/Speed for the accelerator pedal position. Since it is only happening on wet roads it could be just on the edge where the tires will break and not on dry payment.

On dry payment if the vehicle accelerates silky smooth which these engines are well know for it might just be the driver. The best thing is to get someone else to drive it and see if they have the problem. You just might have just a heavy foot and not realizing it
  • gopcsgopcs Member Posts: 2
    2010 Highlander Sport V6 AWD

Put off buying the Highlander for 3 months because of the unusual tires size and lack of tire choice. Finally, made decision and bought it knowing that new tires and wheels were coming.

Purchased new wheels and tires at Discount Tire.
    Liquid Metal F5 wheels, 8x18, 35 offset.
    Michelin LTX M/S tires 245/60R18

Had to return to store for rebalance. We are going on a 200 mile trip this weekend. We'll see how it goes.

One observation. Using GPS receiver that indicates MPH and distance traveled, the speedometer registers about 3.5 MPH faster than GPS (this is at 60MPH on GPS). This would be expected if the tire is smaller than OEM. But, the odometer shows distance traveled to be lower than the GPS registers. I might put the OEM tires back on temporarily and run some more tests.
    Does anyone know if the speeometer and odometer are driven from different mechanisms? If the speedometer is electronic, is it adjustable with appropriate software?
    I would not put to much in the GPS reading. Since it is not military grade and the the very short distance that it compares for speed travel there is not enough decimal places to get a real reading.

Get your tape ruler out and measure the circumference of the original tire, then with the vehicle up in the air measure the Michelins and compare the two for size.

Another easy way is to get on the interstate and click off on millage markers. If you have a another car and a friend that has nothing else to do, follow each other in the interstate and compare each others speed with the cruise set.
  • nowlennowlen Member Posts: 35
    Or, just go here

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos

and make it easy on yourself.

You'll find that the difference in tire sizes is less than .08 MPH @ 65 MPH !

Yes, that is point-zero-eight; less than one tenth of a MPH !!!
  • damifinomikedamifinomike Member Posts: 64
    Yes, the odometer is computer controlled. Without posting a LONG explaination, it is all tied to the transmission and computer with vehicle. Your odometer will register incorrectly as you explained and your gas mileage will be worse as well. In addition, don't understand why you would want to VOID the warranty on NEW vehicle by going with non-OEM wheels and tires on NEW vehicle. You, my friend are taking LARGE risk on NEW vehicle in my opinion. Just discuss this with reputable Toyota mechanic or service manager. I understand . .. it may be a long shot that your NEW vehicle would experience any issues. However, in the event you experience transmission problems or front-end problems, Toyota and dealership will look to YOU as being the issue with non-OEM parts impacting the problems. Just be forwarned . . . Today (11/25/09) big recall with Tundra pick up trucks . .. 2002-2003 with defective paint and premature RUSTING... I wonder how many potential lawsuits resulted in this BIG recall of Toyota pick up trucks...

Be careful and I got this advice first hand from experienced dealership mechanics and service manager... lower gas mileage + miles being incorrect. Now, if you have a significant warranty issue, they go by the miles on vehicle as well. They will see the non-OEM wheels and tires and hold YOU accountable and could void warranty using that as a GOOD excuse as well.... Good luck !
  • whitey9whitey9 Member Posts: 138
    What is God's name for? Sounds like a suspension DOWNgrade.
    Just wanted to report on my new Toyo H/Ts. We are in the midst of a major snowstorm in the midwest and had a chance to try the tires in 6-8" of new snow. I am delighted to report that the H/Ts are fantastic in digging out of snow! I deliberately stopped my Highlander Hybrid halfway up some decent slopes to see if I could start up again and got up the hill every time.

This is in sharp contrast to the Toyo A20s last winter - many times I would get stuck and the traction control would just shut the whole drivetrain down, which was frustrating.

I am overall very happy with the H/Ts. Ride well, handle crisper than the A20s, obviously worlds better in the snow.
  • mdhuttonmdhutton Member Posts: 195
    Thank you! I'm in the Chicago area and damn near killed myself 3 times tonight getting home from work with my OEM Bridgestones ('08 HL LTD 4x4). Glad to hear the H/Ts are good in the snow.
    My pleasure, and good luck with the storm coming your way (I'm in Omaha).
    I am around Chicago as well. My wife noted last night that the HL Sport handled
    very well last evening. I put on H/T month or so ago. She still remembers sliding
    all over last season on A20s.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    It seems ridiculous that Toyota puts a poor quality and traction tire on a SUV. We are looking at replacing our Ody now that our kids are done with college and moving around. We were interested in Highlander, but honestly, this tire stuff has us looking elsewhere. Not going to spend $30K + and then have turn around and dump another grand into replacing the tires.
    Actually, berri, you are much better off than the rest of us who bought these vehicles without knowing this was a problem.

Were I in the market for a Highlander right now, I would just use the tire issue as a bargaining chip in the negotiations. If the vehicle comes with Toyo A20s, just make it part of the deal that the dealer has to replace them with Toyo H/Ts.

Honestly, moving to the H/T really completely changes the driving experience (for the better!).
    Yep, brings back memories to my mind too. Those A20s were just an embarrassment; Toyo and Toyota should be ashamed of themselves over that deal. Nothing like buying a very nice SUV only to dread driving in the snow!
  • paw123paw123 Member Posts: 5
    Well thank you everybody for this thread. Moved to a cooler area (Oregon) from Alabama. We hit snow on the way and my Toyo A20's had me all over the road. It was embarrassing!Not to mention that they even slip on wet roads. They have 20k on them and as others reported here not much thread left. They simply suck. I started my search with my usual pattern ready to order some tires... and booom: I came to realize that there are none. After digging through this thread, I am glad that some posted that the Toyo HT are a pretty good choice if you don't want to spend money on new rims. Ordered them for $172 per piece. Waiting to put them on to be able to drive in the rain/snow without the fear of driving into the ditch.
    Thanks guys for all the help. Will report back when I have them mounted.
    Sounds familiar - not fun having a car that's got the grace and traction of a pig on ice.

Hopefully you'll be as happy as I am with the HTs.
  • btacbtac Member Posts: 4
    I got rid of the OEM Toyos on my 08 LTD in March and I've felt better ever since.

I am at a complete loss why Toyota would build what is otherwise a great vehicle, and then decide to save a couple of dollars by putting a weak link where (literally) the rubber hits the road.

Buying a new Highlander?

Great point in an earlier post to get the dealer to replace the A20s with H/Ts. If only I knew then what I know now...
  • bacalabacala Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all for this thread. H/T's nowhere to be found in this country. I am officially the first one on the waiting list at treadepot.com for H/T's. Expected in January according to Toyo. Say a prayer for me that I don't kill myself with my severely worn out Bridgestone OEMs that handle like caster wheels (even before the treads wore down).
    For what it's worth, when I ordered my HTs, they were on national backorder with no ETA given. Fortunately, Treadepot got them in stock and out the door to me a week later - hope that the same happens to you and others who really need those tires to get through this snowy winter.
  • boston26boston26 Member Posts: 13
    My 2008 HiHy Limited had slightly over 18K miles. I got stuck in the snow last week partly because of the A20 OEM tires and partly because I took a while to figure out how to consistently engage AWD. When I pressed the pedal more than a certain threshold, gas power would kick in and the power train will transmit power to front wheel only. The tires would just spin and would not stick to the elements. Managed to pull it out of the snow somehow and drove straight home :sick:

I have been in front of the computer ever since to find the right tires. Have been calling some of the tire dealers in the Boston area. There was one dealer that stood out for two reasons. A) They were very knowledgeable B) They were an independent dealership and had no affinity to a brand.

Direct Tire staff mentioned that they had received a lot of complaint regarding the A20's but they highly recommended the TOYO Observe G-02 Plus 245/55 R19 winter tires. I looked at the reviews and people have good things to say about the product so far.

Does anyone have first hand experience with these tires on 2008 or above Highlander Hybrids with 19 inch wheels?

Please share your experince. Thank You!
  • dee48dee48 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased four new tires a month ago from Discount Tire, the TPS light indicator was reset, 3 days later the light came on, I checked the tire pressure at DT they said too high, released some pressure, reset light indicator and on my way. 2 days later light back on. DT said the spare was low, added pressure, and on may way, 24 hours later light back on. DT said your TPMS must be jacked, take it to a dealer. Any suggestions please!!!
  • boston26boston26 Member Posts: 13
    What kind of tires did you get? In any case, I suggest you take it to the dealer. It will cut your chase - trust me. Let them identify the problem first. It could well be covered by warranty.