Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru's current GTP Trade-in Offer

mystromystro Member Posts: 64
edited March 2014 in Subaru
Just a headsup:
I took my 03 in for a real-look trade-in value assesment for the GTP program and I must say they are giving true book values...the program only lasts till Jan 02/07...comments? It a very good idea.

http://www.subaru.com/misc/gtp/2006/index.jsp

Comments

• newb9newb9 Member Posts: 4
    You can negotiate above the rtp. I just traded a 03 forester and a 02 outback and got 800 above rtp for one and 1000 above for the other.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Bummer - they say the car you buy has to be new. I was hoping it would also apply for a CPO Tribeca.

-juice
  • mystromystro Member Posts: 64
    I think they'll make the deal if its a left-over 06 or executive demo and of course new.
    Oops,your right,it only applies to new untitled cars
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    and the trade in vehicle can not be leased, at least according to the disclaimer. The payoff on my F-XT is actually lower than the trade-in prices that Nada/Edmunds/KBB are showing.

-Brian
  • newb9newb9 Member Posts: 4
    They will do it ona leftover. Thats what I got;-)
    06 b9 5 limited
    The CPO 'beca I've found has just 8k miles on it but costs a good $6 grand or so less than a new one would.

So off to Plan B for me. I just haven't figured out what that is yet. :D

-juice
    6k less then what price?

If they really want to deal,offer something north of *dealer* auction prices or close to trade-in value of an 06. Check KBB or NADA

BTW,I was offered $12.5K for my 03 L wagon with 40k with this program.
    $6k less than the new prices around me from a no-haggle dealer. It's a 7 pass LTD with NAV. $26k. New would be low $30s with all that stuff.

-juice
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    The Leg or the Forester?

-mike
    Well, only the Legacy would qualify for the GTP, and I found out they would offer $9100 for it. Maybe more since I added a moonroof and a CD changer. Maybe $10 grand.

I was seeing if it would be worth a lot more, but it isn't. Plus you have to buy a new Subie, CPO does not qualify. So that idea is history.

I could probably get $5 grand selling the Forester myself. That was the original plan, so I'll stick to it.

-juice
  • smittynycsmittynyc Member Posts: 289
    I put the GTP to good use today and traded in our 2004 Forester 2.5X for a 2007 Legacy 2.5i SE wagon in what apparently is a very hard-to-find brilliant silver metallic (in a week of searching, I couldn't find one on this side of the Hudson!).

The funny thing is, I'd pretty aggressively been shopping for a leftover 2006 Odyssey/Sienna before I even knew about the GTP. The letter ended up in my "not obviously junk mail, but definitely not a bill or anything important" pile, and I didn't open it until a couple of weeks ago.

Ultimately it was the product that brought me back -- I just wouldn't feel all that comfortable driving a non-AWD car in the winter slop -- but the GTP sure made it easier. My car's in excellent shape -- runs great, fairly low mileage for the year, and brand-new tires (grr)--but the GTP number was at least $1000 more than any Toyota or Honda dealer was willing to give for it, even those that sold Subies on the used side.
    Cool, congrats.

I may have to shop a similar deal, because now I found out Subaru Bucks are for new purchases only. I wish they took them for CPO models.

-juice
    Is the GTP program in effect in 2008..I read it was but you had to ask for it since it's not advertised?
    I heard it was going to start for the 2009 Forester but when I found out our 2002 Legacy did not qualify (it was 2003 or newer) I didn't follow-up on that.

Call your dealer, they should know.

GTP appraisals are much higher than the usual wholesale offer, so it's worth pursueing.
This discussion has been closed.