Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Edge

2»

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,317
    kind of like what was written, it makes sense in terms of the 'way forward' plan. :P
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • coldcrankercoldcranker Member Posts: 877
    heyjewel, Thanks for clearing up the Fusion V6 conFusion. I've heard the 3.5L V6 is really a clean-sheet design. The old 3.0L was originally a Porsche design, and the 3.5L may indeed use some lessons-learned at Ford from the 3.0, but there aren't any shared parts at all. Glad to hear the 3.0L is bullet-proof, since I've got one in my '05 Freestyle and love it. The 3.5L V6 must be good because it won an award from Ward's Automotive editors. But what are the Edge fans doing? Buying Edges? Come'on, just get a Freestyle for more usefulness and better MPG. Stop messing around with the Edge, a CUV that doesn't quite cut it.
  • coldcrankercoldcranker Member Posts: 877
    You're not out-accelerating Corvettes, Mustang GTs, or SRT8s with your 4500 lb Edge, even with an air charger and nitrous. Get real. The kind of cylinder pressure needed to beat those cars with your V6 would blow the head bolts off or shear the differential gears, or both.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "The 2013 Ford Flex, which debuts next week at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show, gets a rounder look to "modernize the design," said the Dearborn automaker. The 2013 Ford Flex goes on sale in the spring.

"It was about modernizing the design," said Angie Kozleski, a Ford spokeswoman. "It's a fresher new appearance. We rounded out the boxy edges.""

2013 Ford Flex Loses Hard Edge (Inside Line)