Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Santa Fe vs Terracan vs Tucson

sebodhsebodh Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Hyundai
Hey everyone

can you help me choose between Santa Fe 2.2 CrDI and Terracan 2.9 CrDI ? i was also thinking on a tucson 2.0 CrDI .

i'm buying one but i dont know wich one yet

can you help me compare in performance, fuel consumption, safety, etc. please

thanks for your time

Greetings

Comments

• arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    The new Santa Fe and Tuscon are great as far as safety is concerned, with all their standard safety features. They are based on car frames, unlike the body-on-frame Terracan. They are a bit easier on fuel because of this. They probably will ride better too, but the Terracan will be better off road and tow more. Both the Santa Fe and Terracan can seat 7 as well. My vote goes to the Santa Fe although I have not driven it with the diesel. I thought it was very smooth and comfortable in all three rows.
  • mike91326mike91326 Member Posts: 251
    Wish I could drive a Santa Fe with a diesel. Oh well, maybe next year.
    You should check out the diesel in the upcoming Veracruz. That thing should definite come to the US, but I doubt it will.

3.0L VGT V6
    240hp
    340 ft lb
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    The CRDi gets great mileage. Bring it over!!
  • sebodhsebodh Member Posts: 2
    Yeah i was checkin out the Veracruz and it looks fine!

his lines are similar to the Santa Fe.

do you know around how much will it cost ?
    It's pretty expensive in Korea, but it has alot of options that the other markets probably won't get. Some people are saying that it will be a replacement for the Terracan in some markets but probably not all of them. The official announcement for North America doesn't come until January, and I'm not sure about anywhere else.

The Veracruz is about 6 inches longer and 4 inches wider than the new Santa Fe.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    The Veracruz is awesome, but is targeted for "Lexus on a budget" people, and doesn't compare with the Santa Fe, upon which it is based, or certainly the Tucson. Not in the same league.
This discussion has been closed.