Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Aspen Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
Tell us about your purchase experience!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Ask your Aspen lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nikolayanikolaya Member Posts: 22
    OK, let me be a first one here...what is the residual value on 24 months lease for Aspen Limited 4 x 4 J Package (with 20" rims)???

If somebody can recommend a dealer in New York City area...please do so...
  • sasukesasuke Member Posts: 77
    I checked out the Aspen and loved the thing, but the lease price he gave came out to be 495 a month with taxes up front for 27 months.

Only option I added was the sound system...so I don't see how it can cost so much monthly.
    That's crazy...you can get LR 3 for $500 a month with $5,000 down payment...we need to find out residual value and see if salesman was trying to rip you...
    yea...I called another place, a larger one, and they said the low 400s, which made me happy. So I'm gonna go there tomorrow morning and get the info.

So many people [non-permissible content removed] about this car, I don't see why. Outside is nice, nothing special, but classy, and the inside has a very nice feel, with amazing room.

I drove it with the Hemi, the non-Hemi sounds too weak for me.

Wait, I made a mistake..I had a few options:
    Hemi
    Leather
    Heated Front Seats
    8 Alpine Speakers
    Definitely go for HEMI, better gas mileage (since it shuts off 4 cylinders when cruising) and it's less than $1,000 option.

I found a friend of a friend is dealer, he will give me numbers...but since I am traveling to CA this Wednesday, you'll have to wait 'till I come back.
    Aspen isn't gonna happen..went to another dealership and got quoted $571 a month...

They have absolutely no lease support on this.
    Don't give up bro...you and me are the only people here that like this car...at $35,000 we should be able to lease this puppy around $350...I am telling you!!! I think salesman are too cocky as this is a new car...wait 'till end of December, they'll pay arm and leg to get them off the lot...beleive me...

I am selling my Matrix on e-bay, and planning on walking into the lot on Decembar 31st...you have to make sure they have a car that you like...YEAHHH!!!
    So I talked to my friend that I wanna buy HEMI Aspen, he goes like hey man I can hook yuo up with Kia Sedona (minivan), I told him:

Listen dude, I am married for 8 years, gave up parting, chasing women, have 3 kids, busy dad...changing diapers, feeding babies...if you put me in a minivan you are driving last nail in my coffin...ha ha ha...I AM NOT GETTING A MINIVAN...that's what I made clear to my wife years ago and she is not even asking anymore...

Puhleeez...
    I donno...prices are retarded, maybe due to its limited availablity, but it just doesn't make sense. Chysler should want these on the road and people won't lease them if they're at these crazy prices.

My friend's dad just bought one in Wisconsin for 44k..told him he got ripped off. But on the other hand, he's always owned SUVs and he said this is by far his favorite yet.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, nikolaya. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00030 and 53%, respectively. When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Has any figures in this SUV changed at all? I'm waiting for the lease price to get better.
    Hi sasuke. DaimlerChrysler's lease program for the 2007 Chrysler Aspen changed a little from December, but it is still pretty close to what was available last month. This truck's lease program isn't bad. DCX is providing very low lease money factors on it. Its residual values aren't going to get any better. I suppose that DCX might increase its lease cash on it some from the $1,000 level that it is at right now, but I doubt that this truck's lease program is going to become much more attractive any time in the near future.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • briank4briank4 Member Posts: 7
    Just bought a 2007 Aspen limited 4WD, fairly well equiped for 31K. The dealership was Folsom lake chrysler. Good at making deals, but bad at everything else. There was a dealer trade involved and three times they told me the vehicle was on the way and when I was ready to buy, they always had a but that was never communicated to me until the time we were to make the sale final ( we want to see you trade in again, we want you to sign this first, ect.., )I was willing to do it all but they dont pick up the phone. Also they gave my bank the wrong amount, so I had to spend hours redoing the loan. On the final day I had signed the paperwork given them my trade in and then they informed me my car was not ready. I had to put a dealer tag on my old car and drive it home. When they finally dropped off the car 4 days after the start, I had to get a gas can out of the garage to move it, It was empty and my floor mats were gone. I never got a sorry in the whole disasterous sale, but they did allow me to fill up my tank on them.
  • brunoblakebrunoblake Member Posts: 6
    Have the lease terms for the Aspen changed at all for March? We are considering leasing an Aspen and want to know what can we expect for residual, factor, etc Thanks!
    Hey brunoblake. I can give you an idea of what this truck's current lease program is like. Its lease program varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance so for now I am going to have to make some assumptions. I will assume that you are interested in leasing a 2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year. The buy rate lease money factor and residual value for this combination is .00125 and 44%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cslukecsluke Member Posts: 1
    What are the current residuals and money factors on Aspen's for the month of May if I decided to lease for 36 or 39 mo.?

Also do you know if you can negotiate the acquisition fee?
    Greetings csluke. Here's the info that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2007 Chrysler Aspen Base AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00177 and 42%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00186 and 41%. I had to make an assumption about the trim level that you are interested in since you never mentioned what it was. Let me know if you want a different version of this truck. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that is available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost. Chrysler Financial charges a $700 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge. You can either pay it at lease signing or toll it into your truck's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 2007carbuyer2007carbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Brian,

Congrats on your deal. I have an Aspen; it's a great and roomy car. I am in the market for another one, but want to get a great deal this time. Do you know what the MSRP was on your model? Also, did you have to pay anything above the 31K aside from taxes? The model I looked at today had an MSRP of $44.7K (Hemi plus all the options). I'd drive to Folsom Lake if I could pick it up at 31k! Thanks, David
  • dquirinidquirini Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know if you can lease a used Aspen, it is a 2007 with 12k on it
  • rob91rob91 Member Posts: 1
    07 aspen limited demo with 800miles
    msrp 42820
    invoice 39495
    sales price 38695 + TTL

Sales price is good with 0% financing for 72months. Dealer said other discounts would be available only if I decline the 0% rate.

Anyone know if this is this a good deal??
    Hi dquirini. If the Aspen that you are interested in is a demo vehicle or a service loaner there is a chance that it still qualifies for Chrysler's new vehicle lease program. It it has been titled and it is considered to be a used vehicle then it does not. While they can usually be leased, the lack of support on used vehicle leases often makes them as expensive or more expensive to lease than similar brand new models. Make sure to compare any lease quote that you get on the Aspen that has 12,000 miles on it to a quote on a similar brand new truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • foschusfoschus Member Posts: 3
    What kind of price should I expect to get on a well equiped Aspen Limited? My Dodge Ram lease is expiring on 10/1 and I need to buy something soon. If I can get a good price from the dealer & 0%, I'm sold.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    At this point, you should be able to buy for no more than invoice with you keeping any incentives if there are any in addition to the 0% for 72 months. The 2008's are already in production and should be arriving at dealerships by now. I have tried to lease a new Aspen but the residual is so bad that they are not attractive to lease at all.
  • belaircarguybelaircarguy Member Posts: 107
    Looking at a 2007 Aspen 4x4 with Hemi and all the bells and whistles. List price is $43,500. With a $2000 rebate, the dealer wants to discount another $3500. Can anyone advise if this is a great deal or not? As a "left over" I may lose more in depreciation as soon as the 2008 models arrive.

Also - can anyone advise what mileage you are getting? Sticker says 14 city and 18 highway.

Thanks.
  • pfreemanpfreeman Member Posts: 2
    I just ordered a new 2008 Aspen, limited, 4wd, fully loaded, with 28J, popular equipment group 2, power sunroof, myGIG multimedia with navigation, and trailer tow group. My final price 41,049 and getting 3.9% financing for 60 months rather than 1,000 cash back. Steel Blue metallic. It had to be factory ordered. If the incentives get better before it comes in I can get the better incentives. The only way the cash back would be better than 3.9% would be about 3,000 and I doubt Crhysler will do that much on the Aspen, but i'm hoping. The dealer is Smith Haven Chrysler in Long Island, New York. Anyone have any comments on the deal, good or bad?
  • pfreemanpfreeman Member Posts: 2
    MSRP on above is: 43,860
  • jimnycjimnyc Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an '08 Aspen, loaded, 44,810 MSRP. The deal I got was 38,500 with the $1,000 rebate, but I took the 3.9% at 39,500 instead. We love it, except for the mpg.
  • arewhyinoharewhyinoh Member Posts: 13
    Anyone have an employee choice burning a hole in their pocket yet for 2007. Going in to lease a Chrysler on Monday and would love to use it!
  • souwestersouwester Member Posts: 2
    What's a goodprice on an 08 aspen ltd loaded with hemi and all options except tow package...I wasquoted550 monthly with 4000 down for 36 months 12K miles.

Thanks Car man
  • richwhite34richwhite34 Member Posts: 6
    I just leased yesterday in the Atlanta metro area an 08 Aspen Limited, MSRP was about 39K. I leased for 39 months, 15k miles/year. The lease was no money down, sign and drive for $527/month (including 7% tax).
  • schmeckpschmeckp Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody have the current money factor / residual % for a 2008 Aspen Limited 4x4 Package E (MSRP ~36475)? I'm looking for a 36 - 39 month lease, 15,000 per year.

Thanks in advance!
  • hemigirlhemigirl Member Posts: 2
    We were looking at the Aspen Limited Hemi - about $42,000 - can get friends and family discount. Have the Commander that is going back, current lease expires 2/9/09. Must have the captain chairs in the middle. Thanks!
  • slackjawslackjaw Member Posts: 32
    Looking to order

2008 Aspen Limited 4x4 with 28J package
    Trailer Tow Group
    Popular Equipment Group
    MyGig with NAV
    Grey Metallic

Dealer's current offer is $546 a month with $546 first payment only at inception.

10.5K 36 month lease.

45% residual with a .00070 MF

MSRP is $43,065
    Dealer discount is $4,114
    Manufacturer rebates and credits are $4,400
    OK, update.

Not that it seems that anyone else is here or cares.

08 Aspen Limited (Mineral Gray, Black, Cognac, or Sandstone in inventory), all options except for engine block heater. 45K MSRP give or take a few bucks depending on paint color.

First payment down $499 a month for 36 month 10.5K mileage lease.
  • dr_j_bostondr_j_boston Member Posts: 7
    Hello all-
    Looking into an 2008 Aspen, Limited, signature package w/ 4.7L engine, leather, rear dvd.

Does anyone know the residual values and MF? Also, expected bottom line pricing for this vehicle?

Looking at a 36mo lease w/ 12K miles/yr.

Appreciate any info and insight.
    Thx
  • blazen68blazen68 Member Posts: 1
    Just did the exact same thing only I got the Hemi. They started in the $500 range and I finally got them down to $385 with about $1800 down which include $350 to carry the bumber to bumber warranty the extra 3 months. They have a $3000 rebate right now at least in the Atlanta area.

I don't know residual value and MF.
  • dr_j_bostondr_j_boston Member Posts: 7
    thanks. was that 2 wd or AWD?
  • 80srockgod80srockgod Member Posts: 15
    pCan someone please tell me the DCX employee discount?

Some people have told me it's a dollar amount under invoice.. some people said it's 3% under invoice... some 6% under invoice...

Is the reason I've heard differeng stories is because it changes with time? Changes depending on make//model?

The last person I believed said it was 6% below invoice across the board for any chrysler product....

What is right?

Thanks!
  • shlomizshlomiz Member Posts: 3
    Got a quote today for 2008 Aspen Limited 28J with NAV and Entertainment Group II.
    36 Months
    $1000 down which includes first payment a fees.
    @ $490 per month (includes tax)
    Dealer is in Charlotte NC.

Any thoughts? is it reasonable? too much? :confuse:
    Thanks guys.
    So just to be clear it is a 4x2 with no tow package, has bench second row seating, and no sunroof...MSRP $39,950 or slightly more depending on color, right? If not please post all optional gear. I am quite curious!!
    It is 4X2 it has sunroof, color is cool vanila no tow package.
    MSRP is $42,000 less $3000 rebate and the dealr will write off additional $1500.
    All in all the final cost is $37,500.

Are there any new MF and Residual numbers?
    Under the existing programs that end today I have been able to get over $9K off of a sticker of just over $45K. This included lease cash, lease loyalty, dealer discount, something called a 5-star discount, and the $500 internet coupon from early April. I did bugger it up and miss my window of opportunity. I had my reasons that I could not move on it...hoping for the best with the new programs and do want to make a deal before the 15th. "My" Aspen is sitting on the dealer's lot waiting for me. :)

New incentives come out tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. My guess is that they will stay the same. I don't expect to see that internet coupon again though. That was a nice freebie $500.

Good luck!
    Thank you.
    anyway, do you think that the deal got is reasonable or there is some more room for negotiation?

Thanks.
    I am by no means an expert on any of this. I am not sure what the invoice is on the Aspen you are looking at but I do think that's a good starting point for the dealer discounted price.

New incentives are unfortunately not posted on Chrysler.com today.
    Hey slackjaw. As you mentioned, Chrysler introduced its new May incentives on the Aspen. It is now providing $3,000 lease cash plus another $1,000 bonus cash ($4,000 total) on this truck. In addition to this is is running a special program that lets consumers lock in a price of $2,99 per gallon on gas for the next three years.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    The gas program is interesting, but the fine print indicates that it is not compatible with the lease cash program...so apparantly it's one or the other.

From what I can tell it is $3K lease cash -OR- $1K bonus cash plus the gas program. Can't have both. Too bad as I think that would have been the deal closer for me. I'll guess I'll just keep beating on my dealer...
    Looking for leasing terms if anyone can share...

Aspen 4x4 Limited 28J
    36 months
    10.5K miles
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• frankygfrankyg Member Posts: 32
    I see this program just started and it is going to Sep. 30th. How does one get a CDI number from a Chrysler employee? I am looking to purchase a 2008 ASPEN LIMITED 4X4 LIMITED SIGNATURE SERIES w/the MY GIG discount. How much of a discount is it?
This discussion has been closed.