Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Is Cadillac's Image Dying and Does Anyone Care?

Comments

• mrsyjmrsyj Member Posts: 77
    "Apples to apples here please. "

let me be crystal clear: Most cars from the 80s look like crap to me and I admire none of them. A 20 year old Cadillac is just as pathetic as a 20 year old MB. I do not find vehicles from the 70s and 80s to be desirable or stylish and that includes German cars. Please name 3 German cars that are more than 20 years old that are worthy of admiration by today's standards. Their interiors were plain and had poor ergonomics, their prices were sky high, their exteriors were dull, their engines were unimpressive by today's standards, their reliability was suspect and in many cases they lacked luxury features found in Cadillacs of similar vintage.

By the 90s Cadillac was making vehicles with nice interiors and state of the art technology. The '98 STS and ETC had 300hp engines (more than the 540 or E430), nice wood trim, a fantastic Bose 4.0 sound system with 425watts and a 12" sub in the back, computer controlled suspension, auto wipers, adaptive seats, stabilitrak, etc. Cadillac began to come around as far back as the '92 STS which was MT car of the year. With the next generation they added refinement and interior quality. After that the next step was to go RWD to better compete with the Germans and Lexus.
  • louisweilouiswei Member Posts: 3,715
    Please name 3 German cars that are more than 20 years old that are worthy of admiration by today's standards.

I believe we are talking about Cadillac here so I propose let's stick with the topic. I really don't want to be part of another Caddy vs. the World discussion.

But if you insist I can definitely come up with a list on top of my head.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    "Please name 3 German cars that are more than 20 years old that are worthy of admiration by today's standards"

I'd say the MB W126 (80s S-class), MB W124 (E-class) and R107 (70s-80s SL) are still worthy of praise. The 126 was the first truly modern large luxury car - a milestone vehicle of the period, the 124 was the first modern midsize luxury sedan that at least tried for a little performance (and was also sturdy and competent enough to spawn wagon, coupe, and cabrio variants), and the SL has been a moving target Caddy has been eyeing - and missing - for over 20 years. There are endless examples of these cars on the road today, so many years after the last ones rolled off the line. Poor ergonomics? I don't think GM designers even knew the term 'ergonomics' until about 1992 :P

I've never bought the 'plain interior' argument either...some of us don't want button-tufted pillows to sit on as we drive. Many people could look inside an S-class built in 1980 and think it was 15 years newer. That's more significant.
    "But if you insist I can definitely come up with a list on top of my head. "

You suggest that Cadillacs of the past were crap but then say you dont want to get into specific comparions vs older imports. In my eyes the list doesnt matter. Cars of that era were inferior to today's vehicles in every single way and nothing being done by luxury imports was light years ahead of Cadillac. Cadillac made a different type of car than the Germans back then. it was a car that was designed for American tastes and at that time it made sense becaue Cadillac was the top selling brand until Lincoln passed them in 1998 or 1999. Cadillac's werent "bad" cars they were just cars made for luxury cruising, not attacking curves on the Autobahn. Over time the press and the public began to feel that Euro luxury was the only true definition of luxury and large, soft riding American luxury cars began to lose popularity as people wanted smaller, better handling vehicles with more emphasis on driving dynamics than luxury isolation.

Bottom line, I'm not pining for ANY car from the 80s regardless of who made it.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    I love those veiled insults in which people act like they are too upscale to drive an Escalade. I hate to break this to you but rappers probably make up 2% of Escalde owners. The rest are high income suburbanites of various races and backgrounds.

And I suspect quite a few of these "high income suburbanites" drive their Escalades into the garages of their 6,000 s.f. brick front, vinyl sided box McMansions in tract housing subdivisions. And wouldn't know good architecture if Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater fell on them.

It's not a matter of how much money one has, it's how much taste they exhibit in spending it. I'd rather have our 1996 Isuzu Trooper 5-speed manual transmission back than be given an Escalade. If the Escalade was a house, it would be an ostentatious McMansion. Just not my style.

I accept that some people have different tastes than me. Some have no taste at all. But don't tell me that because I don't get giddy over a crome and bling crazed locomotive shaped escalade on 24" inch wheels with the driving dynamics of an oil tanker that somehow I must not "get it". There isn't a single one of those behemouths in my neighborhood. Nor is vinyl siding an acceptable architectural material.
  • bumpybumpy Member Posts: 4,425
    what substance does the Escalade lack? 403hp? check. 6 speed auto? check. Great sound system and nav? check. Style? check. HID lights, automatic high beams, variable suspension, heated/cooled seats. check again.

Is there anything in there you can't get on a Tahoe or a Yukon?

Stuff you can't get on any Escalade: IRS, foldaway seats, diesel engines, hybrid transmission, etc. Things that actually improve the driving experience.
    "Poor ergonomics? I don't think GM designers even knew the term 'ergonomics' until about 1992 "

same applies to German cars. Lexus taught them otherwise. I'm pretty sure GM has known how to label buttons and switches in an intelligible manner for quite some time. German cars were also amongst the last to incorporate useful features like cup holders and steering wheel controls because they insisted buyers didnt need such gimmicks.

"I've never bought the 'plain interior' argument either...some of us don't want button-tufted pillows to sit on as we drive. Many people could look inside an S-class built in 1980 and think it was 15 years newer. That's more significant. "

German interiors in the 80s were dull, angular and dark. By today's standards they are sad looking. I would never think any MB from 1980 looked "futuristic" or modern. When I look at older Euro cars I often wonder why people thought they were worth a premium at the time. They dont look any better than the other dull designs offered by lower end manufacturers. The 70s and 80s were a low point for automotive design.

"the SL has been a moving target Caddy has been eyeing - and missing - for over 20 years"

caddy tried to compete twice last time I checked. Atlante was barely a GM car and didnt do well. The XLR is a credible challenger. Its cheaper, more distintive looking, fast and has state of the art technology. Seeing as though the XLR-V costs about the same as a compable SL550 I would say the XLR can hold it's own. BTW, when have Lexus, Audi or BMW been able to hit the SL target? Oh yeah, they havent even come as close as Cadillac. The SC430 has been a joke for some time and was beat by the XLR every time they were compared.
    Cadillac made a different type of car than the Germans back then. it was a car that was designed for American tastes

American tastes circa 1965, which is fine and good except that it wasn't 1965 anymore and the luxury buyer moved away to greener pastures, to be replaced by increasingly geriatric former Buick buyers.
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    I see nothing wrong with any of those. I'm sure if you went back in time to when ANY of those cars were on the market you would find that Cadillac was just as good if not better than the competition.

I agree. Of course the Cimmarron was an exception they will use to attack us with.

When the Northstar V8 entered into the Seville and created the 300 hp. Cadillac Seville STS, that at that given momment was "The Standard of the World" for all luxury cars. :shades:

I believe the Seville STS was car of the year in a few magazines. ;)

-Rocky
    The Tahoe doesnt have 403hp, 6 speed, 4 year warranty, cooled seats, 9" DVD Nav screen, high end BOSE 5.1 sound system, HIDs, 22" wheels, intellibeam headlights and several other features.

The Tahoe either has or is getting the 6.2 V8 any day now, and I think the Yukon already has that and all the other trinkets you mentioned. MB has a couple of diesel SUVs and BMW is building one next year.
    Who needs cupholders? I've had 4 MB and never used a cupholder once :P "Intelligible" is opinion...funny how the non-specific switches etc mentioned are fine for the rest of the world, but always an issue in the US. Maybe the car isn't the problem... And 'sad looking'? There's nothing more sad than the pretentiousness of a bordello interior in a car that some will claim is competitive.

The MB W126 is seen as one of the most significant cars of the past several decades. It was light years ahead of anything in production when it was introduced. In 1980, it was the future, there were no sedans that came close. I wonder how many people defected from Caddy and Lincoln to it - as it was a smash hit and sold over a million units in its long run many must have, and it was used as the basis for the first Lexus LS - a decade after introduction. That's proves enough for me.

The vaunted high performance XLR-V is barely faster than a plain old SL550, the MB will have better resale, better materials, and as is important for many of its buyers - better image. It has aged very well, seeing as it is now 5 years old. Distinctive looks are not really something one can quantify...nor are they always positive. I wonder what someone with auto design background thinks of XLR vs SL. You won't see me defend the Lexus SC, it's a pretentious cushy boulevardier for trophy wives and retired dentists.
    Does that include the naysayers who had such bad experiences with GM products that they had plenty of time to hear themselves talk whilst waiting for the Caddy to be repaired. Again. And again...

Well you are defending the Hyundai Genesis, and while I agree it's a nice looking car and will do great BUT Hyundai, doesn't have a established track record yet for reliability either. Cadillac, has at least been pretty darn good for more than a decade now and currently ranks among the top. ;)

-Rocky
    You won't see me defend the Lexus SC, it's a pretentious cushy boulevardier for trophy wives and retired dentists.

I am not going to defend the SC either, I think it's the sorriest product in the Lexus lineup. However, there are still trophy wives and retired dentists buying those but who is buying the XLR now a day?
    Apparently rockylee's cousin has arrived...

ROTFFLMAO !!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Not hardly, but I admit he is very likable :blush:

-Rocky
    Nobody is, of course. I see more Bentleys in my area than XLRs. It's only a halfway relevant product, especially with the improved engines in the 2007+ SL. I suspect they have fleet-model DTS resale value, too.
    Lets recap reality for a minute- cadillac outsold Lexus, BMW and MB until about 2002 or 2003.

Lexus has been American's No. 1-selling luxury brand since 2001.

Source: Lexus Earns Best-Selling Luxury Brand Title For Sixth
    Consecutive Year
    "Lexus has been American's No. 1-selling luxury brand since 2001. "

could not rememeber exact year. MY point is the same, Cadillac managed to outsell BMW, MB and Lexus for decades and yet people are hear saying they made nothing but undesirable, unreliable, pathetic vehicles until the 2008 CTS came out. Cadillac's record of success in the US is far more impressive than Lexus' 6 straight years. When Lexus gets to 30 or 40 straight years I will be impressed. At the rate BMW is going with Mini and the new 1 series they may pass Lexus soon.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    To get back on topic rather than going down the road of an incendiary topic, Cadillac has returned itself to standard of the world and the Escalade is an example of why it is happening. The fact that it aggravates a few so much that they spend time posting about how it's not really true just shows that it is happening. The futile attempt to live in the past when designs and cars from Cadillac division were more run-of-the-mill is not working.

The topic isn't about how we don't like something from the past 20 years ago. The topic is "Can..." and indeed it is happening with the CTS and other vehicles from Cadillac and other parts of GM. E.g., as for parts falling from a new Malibu, I'd expect to have transmission problems with a Camry or Accord much more than from a Malibu. I'd expect a rough ride in a hard seat or a too soft ride in a minimal seat from a Camry. In both the interior of the models I sat in were "cheap" plastic. Actually it was expensive plastic and just looked cheap. So I'm not sure why Malibu was brought into the discussion. Of course we could say the same about Rockylee's brother being mentioned.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Standard of North America anyway ;)
    Cadillac's record of success in the US is far more impressive than Lexus' 6 straight years.

Good god, are you mad?

US is Cadillac's home court so reasonably Cadillac should be able to OWN this market without breaking a sweat. However, that was not the case as we witnessed and the best yet is that the best selling luxury brand crown was lost to a 10-year-old company with a history of making tin cans back in the 60s and 70s.

And you are still here acting like that was no big deal... :surprise:

Time for you GM apologist to WAKE UP!!!
    one XLR in my life. I had to think about it for a moment to figure out what it was.
  • onlygmmattersonlygmmatters Member Posts: 19
    I agree 100%. Cadillac has returned to greatness and has and always will be "THE STANDARD" that others look up to. Maybe, just maybe wecould consider Mercedes the closest but they still lack features and pale in comparison to Cadillac when it comes to dependibility and reliability.

"I'd expect to have transmission problems with a Camry or Accord much more than from a Malibu. I'd expect a rough ride in a hard seat or a too soft ride in a minimal seat from a Camry."

I expect a lot more than that! How's that sludged engine doing on that Camry? How's the snapped camshaft on that Tundra? The snapped frames on those Toyota trucks? The cheap plasticy interiors and flimsy crap Hondas? I don't know why the Malibu should even be mentioned in the same sentence as those other POS cars, it's on its own level. Just like Cadillac does not belong in the same sentence as a lowly BMW or Audi, that is what Buick takes care of at the moment. buick has more clout than Mercedes nowadays, at least GM can build a car that doesn't put its owner in the poor farm!
    I have only seen it couple times in Melbourne, FL, aka the retirees heaven...
    I am in the northwest, where by the way in some areas one can't throw a tennis ball without having it bounce off a Slade or a Denali.

Smoke the plain bare-bones SL550? I think 0-60 times were only about half a second apart...which when one is comparing the tuned model vs the plain model, is not as much as it should be. Shouldn' the tuned model not be competing with the base model? Most people care for interior materials when looking at an interior too...and the edgy for the sake of being edgy line of the XLR is becoming pretty 'dated' itself. The CTS softened a bit, and so will the XLR. Keeping something in production for too long with no revisions doesn't mean it isn't dated.
    I cannot believe lexus made it into this discussion either. Their still fighting it out with Lincoln and Acura for the basement = the class of wannabe luxury cars but don't quite know how to break out of the "cheap Honda/Toyota with wood" syndrome.
    "buick has more clout than Mercedes nowadays"

Are you for real?
    Who else are you going to compare the Germans to, Pontiac? Chevrolet? Saturn (There lineup is very strong and the quality/reliabiltiy certainly exceeds the Germans but the brand is still new and the cars don't command the ridiculous prices the Germans ask)

Does Mercedes offer heated windshield washer fluid? They certainly lack the style and elegance of a Buick which in this class is a big part of the draw isn't it? Look at a Lucerne and then look at a fat ugly mercedes or a disjointed BMW and tell me which one looks more stylish. Take off the blinders while your at it.

Buick is the next one to take over Cadillacs place against the Germans. A V16 supercar will cement that notion because there is no V16 in a BMW or Mercerdes is there? No. Just like the Germans cannot come up with an answer to the Escalade and the CTS has made the competition look like econoboxes, but they can (for now) compete with Buick (aside from reliability/durability/quality of course).

So if GM continues to build up Buick like they have been doing with the excellent Enclave and class leading Lucerne then I bet Buick really could end up ranking right next to those German brands. maybe they don't have more clout now, but I think they will in the future.
    so I can be sure to avoid it. ;)
    You have to be joking. When all one can muster is heated washer fluid, and makes the Lucerne to be the definition of class and elegance, one cannot take a statement seriously. What percentage of those Lucernes get an old pushrod lump and are usually driven to and from airports?

I will believe that V16 supercar when I see it, I won't hold my breath. MB has had their twin-turbo V12 for some time now. There's not a lot of point to it when the V8s are so fine to begin with. The same will hold true for Caddy's big engine...which I do not expect to see.

You mention the terms...please define reliabity, durabilty, and quality as different constructs. Saturn doesn't meet all three, that's for sure.

German cars still OWN the global luxury market, and this shows no signs of changing. 'Und morgen die ganze Welt' has been realized by MB with its wide product line from subcompacts to buses and semis...I don't see this happening with the American competition.

Concentrate on building yourself before comparing to others. This is how Caddy should develop, and in many ways, has. Their domestic market future is bright, without silly claims.
    Let's hope that GM's Board of Directors doesn't actually smoke the same stuff.

GM stock is down 40% since October 15, making the "sub prime" mess almost look good by comparison. Over the past 4 years, GM has lost over 50% of it's market value. During the same 4 years, Apple has gone up over 1,700%, and as a company, is now worth 13 times as much as GM. Toyota a little more than that.

And Cadillac is the standard of the world? For what, embarassment?
    I don't think GM has a Board of Directors. What it does have is a rubber-stamp assembly that is paid well to sit quietly and watch as GM's North American operations are slowly ground into dust, whil Lutz trots out with a great show of green smoke and fiery eruptions to distract the easily swayed.
  • sls002sls002 Member Posts: 2,788
    dear me

I do see an XLR from time to time (perhaps the same one). I have not seen an SL (not even an old one) for some time. The Mercedes dealer is over 300 miles away though....

Motor Trend (if I recall correctly) had an interesting XLR_V article where they drove one around the European autobahns at speeds up to 170 MPH ( the speed limiting device was disabled).
    when it comes to "luxury cars" I think Mercedes is on top. The one exception in the Rolls Royce class, where I think Rolls is still "the" car. The Rolls is too easy to identify, and for people who want something "showy", a Rolls is probably the thing.
    when it comes to "luxury cars" I think Mercedes is on top. The one exception in the Rolls Royce class, where I think Rolls is still "the" car. The Rolls is too easy to identify, and for people who want something "showy", a Rolls is probably the thing.

However most of the very wealthy people I know still drive Cadillac's.

-Rocky
    truly rich people who do not want to show off may drive Buicks or perhaps a Camry. Cadillac's were (in the 50's) popular with show biz people or others who wanted to show off wealth. A Hungarian actress is well known for driving a Rolls.

The sigma platform Cadillacs are decent handling cars that (if the nearest BMW dealer is 300 miles away) are worth buying if you want a sports sedan. A Cadillac is not as showy as a BMW or Mercedes. Lincoln has dropped the LS, so the low end sports sedan is probably at Cadillac.
    Well I guess it varies greatly depending on where you live. I do not see nearly as many Mercedes, BMW's and Lexuses I once saw but I am seeing a great increase in Cadillac's. The same demographic was true in Texas, where I lived for 5+ years.

-Rocky
    To be unkind about it, perhaps the dumpy state of the Michigan economy means that the people who formerly bought Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus can only afford to buy Cadillac now. :cry:
    here there are lots of Suburbans (including the Escalade). there are a fair number of Cadillacs, and some Lexus (mostly the Camry Lexus). It has been a very long time since I saw a Rolls. There used to be an old one that would appear now and then.
    To be unkind about it, perhaps the dumpy state of the Michigan economy means that the people who formerly bought Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus can only afford to buy Cadillac now. :cry:

No, I think some of the people in Michigan, are finely getting wise and understand global economics and know if they don't buy at least some american made stuff they themselves will be out of a job because their will be no one left that will be able to afford to do business with them. ;)

-Rocky
    or it could just be that Michiganers don't want unreliable piece of crap cars? If you want a reliable, quality automobile, really the only choice you have is GM. Maybe someday we can say the same about Ford or Chrysler?
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    You'll find the heaviest concentration of high-priced imports on the coasts. I live in a fairly affluent NYC suburb, & I probably see 10 expensive German cars for every Cadillac. Back in the 60s, country club parking lots were filled with Caddies & Lincolns. Not today. Apart from the occasional Escalade, you'll see precious little American iron in the exclusive clubs. Among the elite buyers in the NY metro area, Cadillacs are viewed as down-market transportation for older, poorer drivers.

It's too bad because the CTS is a terrific car that deserves better. Unfortunately, GM squandered a legendary franchise & must work to regain it. It'll take the better part of a generation before Cadillac gets back a significant chunk of the market that it lost to the Germans.
  • bristol2bristol2 Member Posts: 736
    or it could just be that Michiganers don't want unreliable piece of crap cars?
    Or could it be that Michiganers live where GM is headquartered?....

Your whole thing where GM is the most reliable manufacturer in the world does not seem to be backed up by anything other you saying it's so.

I don't believe you- will you prove that GM is the most reliable brand in the world? :)
  • visoviso Member Posts: 14
    Dude! Wake up! Why would Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz WANT to make a competitor to the over-bloated Escalade? Their SUV offerings are significantly better at delivering perfomance,design, and drivability than some rebadged Freightliner truck. And honestly, the CTS isn't going to challenge the A4, 3-Series, or even the C-Class anytime soon for global dominance of any kind! Cadillac cannot sell a car outside of the US! Its European sales are a joke and it is Buick that is popular in China not Cadillac. And I wouldn't exactly say Cadillac is more reliable than any of the German premium trivecta. Also, Cadillac needs to seriously challenge the German premium trio on the world's racetracks if it is to get any attention, especially from European buyers who consider motor racing (and not hicksville NASCAR style crap, but real motor sports) as a national past-time the way Americans love their baseball. Here Cadillac has made some strides, but fails to provide consistency with its motor sport program. For example, you have Audi dominating one of the world's most important and prestigious race events (whatever Americans may think overwise, the rest of the world does though) the 24 Heurs of Le Mans for the past decade, not to mention the American Le Mans series, and multiple other race series while bringing new and innovative technology to racing. Where is Cadillac? They go in for one year and then disappear!

Cadillac lacks design excellence as it cars appeal only to midwestern Americans rather than the global affluent. Cadillac needs to develop vehicles that appeal to a global market that still maintain a Cadillac personality. Don't try to make an A4 or 3-Series because it won't work. These are icons around the globe. No one will take it seriously. And drop the bling image that Cadillac has right now. It doesn't appeal to the majority of buyers in this segment. It makes Cadillac look low-class.

A 16-cylinder car in today's ecomonic and social climate is unnecessary. Cadillac needs to build a real flagship to challenge the A8L, 7-Series, S-Class, and even the LS. Cadillac does not have an answer to these uber luxury barges which stink of affluence and prestige. A solid V8 (which Cadillac has) and a new V12 should be sufficent for this.

Contrary to what the above may sound like, I do like the direction of Cadillac and feel it is the only American car company (division of GM) to actually have some passion and vision. But it will take Cadillac to think "out of the box", more globally, and less isolationist to achieve this. And all these car companies need to stop trying to be German. It only works for the Germans. Everyone else looks like they don't have a genuine bone in their company's body.
    Fantasy Island was cancelled a couple decades ago. About the same time when anything Cadillac lost its relevancy to premium status.

I almost fell of my chair laughing with the statement that Buick is on the same level as "lowly" BMW and Audi. That was a joke...right? Next time a $150,000 Audi A8L W12 parks to any Buick, I'll try to remember that.
    Audi's recent quality issues are enough reason to be skeptical about those brands

Honestly, where did you come out of left field with that one? Audi has been receiving very strong marks in reliability, and its build quality is bar none. The A8L was recently named by J.D Powers as the best in class for initial reliability and one the highest scoring ever in its surveys. Consumer Reports has named almost the entire Audi line-up as "Highly Recommended" and Audi generally outscores BMW and MB in reliability surveys. The change has been dramatic over the last decade. Your comment is an old misconception that holds no basis. On the other hand, I give you that MB has been having it share of "issues". Although, the S-Class has gotten strong reliability marks, the concensus is still out on MB.
    However most of the very wealthy people I know still drive Cadillac's.

I think you need to upgrade your social circles. :sick:
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    "However most of the very wealthy people I know still drive Cadillac's."

Around here if your driving a BlingBling-mobile like an Escalade you're either living in a triple decker with 16 of your best homies or your half the Boston RedSox team.

The rest of them are just kids working at McDonalds trying to pay for the gas because their mommy daddy already bought them the 'Slade as their first car. They also get loaded up with an entire BestBuy counters worth of soundsystems, the crap that will rattle and shake the thing apart 5 thousand miles later... Wouldn't want that as a used car :sick: . Gaurantee half of them couldn't tell you engine was under the hood but they could recite every Jay-Z or Snoop Dogg lyric in their sleep. They aren't rich, their parents are.

The Escalade is to the 20th century what Joan Rivers is to Hollywood, tacky and obnoxious. :sick:
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    For me:

1968 Buick Special Deluxe
    1975 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
    1979 Buick Park Avenue
    1979 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency
    1987 Chevrolet Caprice Classic
    1988 Buick Park Avenue
    1989 Cadillac Brougham
    1994 Cadillac DeVille
    2002 Cadillac Seville STS
    2007 Cadillac DTS Performance
    habby,

I am not impressed by a Mercedes, or a BMW, like many others. A Rolls Royce, driver is to snobby to be associated with. Do I have realatives who drive non-GM, cars ??? Yep !!! I have a great aunt who owns a Lexus LS, have a cousin who owns Ferrari's, Porsches, Mercedes, etc, but really most of the wealthy folks I know own Cadillacs. They are cheap and can't justify paying twice as much for something that isn't twice as good. That is something I can strongly agree with. A Cadillac or a Lincoln, like the new MKS, has everything I would want in a luxury car. In fact the MKS, would be on my car shopping list if I had the money. ;)

-Rocky
  • trimastertrimaster Member Posts: 163
    In the last year or so I'm developing faith in GM with products such as the new Escalade, CTS, Pontiac with their hardtop convertible, and Buick with the new Enclave. They are putting out vehicles that people want, they have extended the warranty coverage and are starting to stand behind their vehicles.

I agree. I think GM is on the right track with many of their models.

At this point we can only sit back and watch and hope and pray that GM continues to put out the vehicles that we want and that they produce the quality that meets or exceeds it's competitors.

I hope so to.