Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

We're now a Hybrid Family

2hybrids2hybrids Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Honda
just new to this forum, but thought I'd let everyone know that our 2 car family has now gone fully hybrid... my wife got her Honda Civic Hy in May this year and simply loves it... makes driving to her "class from h3ll" tolerable!... about 5 weeks ago the front wheel fell off my old Astro and I started looking around for replacement vehicles... another van was out cuz I got tired of hauling out the seats for product when we weren't toting live bodies!... and originally thought the Highlander Hy was an option til I saw the price tag... (canada... $53K for the Ltd edition)... about 2 weeks ago I drove by our local lot and lo and behold there had appeared an '06 HighHy with low mileage on it... drove it... was hooked... and it now has a place beside my wife's CivicHy... just trying to make the world a better place for our kids I guess!

ps... we're the envy of all our friends...

Comments

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Congratulations!

I assume this means we'll be seeing more of you in the
    Honda Civic Hybrid Group and Toyota Highlander Hybrid Group
  • Options
    2hybrids2hybrids Member Posts: 6
    hope so... as long as its not for repair enquires!!!

pretty happy so far, and I'm pretty realistic about advertised mileage and reality... especially after putting on the snows... that's already bit into the gas tank... but... its still way less than what I was using in the old Astro... man did that ever guzzle!
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Heck, we have all kinds of discussion, from just raving about your new car to reporting youreal world mileage performance. We even have those (shhhh) discussions for problems. ;)
  • Options
    rab48rab48 Member Posts: 8
    Us two. I bought the first hybrid 5 years ago this month as a 2001 leftover. Between the reduced price and the tax credit it ended up $5,000 under sticker when it was all said and done. Got tired of my 2001 Taurus, though it was a beautiful car. Drove into Autofair Honda in Manchester, NH and got a great deal. Bought it on the spot. (2007 Civic)
This discussion has been closed.