Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche Boxster Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• majormcfmajormcf Posts: 20
    I just bought a left over boxster with 72 miles for 15K off sticker. It was advertised for 10K off sticker on EBAY and I offered them 15K off and they took it. It is my 2nd boxster from this dealer and I got a good deal on one back in 99. This car has a ton of options I would never have ordered but at this price they are free. It is the only one I have seen with the 19in turbo 3675.00 wheels and it has Nav, xenons, multi functional wheel and loads more. Stickered for 60K and left the dealer on the road under 45K. No complaints here as I am seeing used boxsters going for about the same with a fraction of the options
  • Hello. I am looking to buy a 2008 Boxster with Preferred Package Plus with Tiptronic. The MSRP is $53,440. Considering it's year end, what would be a fair price? Can I expect to pay even less than invoice? Also, should I get quotes from different dealers, and have them underbid each other? Lastly, what should I expect to pay if I custom order one? Thanks in advance!
  • I just bought a brand new 2008 Boxster with Preferred Package Plus with Tiptronic for $47,500. The MSRP was $53,440, the invoice price was $46,560. I emailed 7 dealers within a 150 mile radius, asked them to find me this particular Boxster (which was not on any of their lots), and asked for their best offer. 6 responded. Only 3 actually would give me a price over email. The best offer I got was 8% off MSRP. I sent another round of emails to all the other dealers asking for them to beat this price. Many dealers tried to sell me cars they had on the lot or pre-owned cars. When I said no, they all lost interest in me. Only 1 other dealer was willing to work with me on the 8% off price. I sent them an email saying that "it looks like I'm not going to be able to get the price that I want, so I'll just wait for the 2009s. Thanks for your help anyway." He emailed me back saying, "Tell you what. I'll sell the car to you for $47,500 to earn your business." The original 8% off dealer couldn't match this price. So I bought it for $47,500 and it's on its way! Hope this helps anyone out there looking for a Boxster, or any car for that matter. Please email if you have any questions or need any advice, since I think I got a pretty good deal.
  • I think sranger is actually pretty close to the real price of used boxters.
    If you look at Carmax, there are 2006 Boxters for $30K or less.
  • dtownmildtownmil Posts: 23
    Just picked up a pre-owned 2000 Boxster with 58,000 miles for $14,500 in the Chicago area. Super clean car, hardtop, well optioned, 18" wheels, triple black.

This is my first Porsche and I am thrilled. I did not do a PPI, but did a thorough inspection myself. I may have ended up with a car with a RMS issue, but who doesn't have one?

Whoever said that life is not complete without a Porsche was right.
  • Join your local Porsche Club of America (PCA). You can find them online to get a wealth of info.
  • dtownmildtownmil Posts: 23
    I have not tried this myself yet, but supposedly de-natured alcohol will remove the airbag decals from the visors. Hope that helps.
  • ID ADVISE TO STAY CLEAR OF pORCHE mODELS MADE FROM 1992- 1999 BOXTERS RECALLED IN 1998 AND 99 ARE A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN jUST rEMEMBER THE VINTAGE pORCHES HOLD THE VALUE AS THE NEWER THEY GET DEPRECIATE tHEY GET CHEAPER AND CHEAPER MADE. aN EXAMPLE OF THAT WOULD BE THE CLASSIC BUG AND THE NEW BUGS gO FIND A 164-1979 BUG RE DONE AND SEE THE PRICES. PART CHEAP EASY TO FIX GOOD ON GAS RIGHT. vERSES NEW DECLINE IN PRICE IN ONE YEAR AND NOT MADE NEARLY AS WELL. lOW RIDING NOT AS GOOD IN SNOW SINCE ENGINES IN THE FRONT ETC SO DO YOUR HOME WORK AS i DID pLEASE JUST BECAUSE YOU PAY ALOT AND THE pORCHE LOGO IS ON THE CAR DOESNT MAKE A FINE CAR. tHE CLASSICS 911 CARERRA TARGA ALL HOLD WELL THATS WHY ANYONE WHO BUYS A pORCHE BOXER TRADES IN FOR THE 911 OR CARERRA tHEY KNOW . aLSO STAY CLEAR OF THE 928 AND 944 tROUBLE IN THE NEWER ONES. tHE 914 MADE IN 74 IS WORTH MORE THEN THEY ARE. i KNOW i OWNED ONE LOVED IT
  • EASY TO AVOID 1997-2005MODEL BOXERS J U N K YOU MAY AS WELL GO BUY A 1970 GREMBLIN FOR 300.00 YOULL GET BETTER GAS MILAGE AND NO HEADACHES RECALLED IN 97 -99 BOXERS WERNT OFF THE FLOOR AND THEY WERE GETTING BACK IN THE GARAGE AT A HIGH COST FOR COMPANY RECALLED FOR VARIUS THINGS STAY CLEAR IF THE TICKET ON A PORCHE IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE FOR A AVERAGE MAN TO BUY UNDER 20,000 THEN YOU KNOW WHY DONT BE A FOOL. ALSO IF YOUR GOING TO WANT THE LOGO FOR STATUS SYMBOL LIKE PORCHE BUY A CLASSIC THEY STAY TRUE TO THE VALUE REASONABLE TO FIX AND FIND PARTS AND THEY NEVER DIE AND WILL ALWAY REMAIN DESIREABLE LIKE THE 911 TARGA CARERRA ETC MAKE FROM 1970-1985. AFTER THAT GIVE IT UP YOU MAY JUST GO I DEBT WITH REPAIRS ON ANY OF THE MODELS OF PORCHE AFTER THE DATES I MENTIONED BECAUSE THE INDUSTRY HAVE ONE THING IN MIND. ITS GREED AND THE CUSTOMERS PAY THROUGH THE NOSE YOULL SEE IF YOUR A FOOL TO BUY ONE.STAY CLEAR OF THE 944, 928 ALSO.FAKE CHEAP AND OVER PRICED CARS ID RATHER OWN A GMC OR A GREMBLIN FOR THAT MATTER WONT COST MUCH GOOD ON GAS AND THEY STAY AROUND WITHOUT BREAKING DOWN
  • STAY AWAY FRAUD TAXES ITALIAN CONS.OVERPRICED THEIVES I SAY I PURCHASED N 05 AND TH E HEAD DEALER AND GIRL HIS SECRETARY AFFAIR BOUND ROBBED AND SCAMMED AND LEFT TOWN NEW OWNERSHIP IN MANAGEMENT NOW BUT I WOULDNT TRUST AS WHEN THE IRS IS INVOLVED ITS A DEALERSHIP TO STAY CLEAR OF HIGH PRICES OF REPAIRS AND UNDERSKILLED MECHANICS WHO HAVENT GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL.THE SALEPEOPLE COME AND GO AND ARE KIDS WHO DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT THE CARS THEY SELL ITS A CON GIMMICK AND THREE RING CIRCUS.I WITNESSED IN ONE HOUR- 8 HOURS ANOTHER TIME WAITING A LIFETIME FOR A OIL CHANGE 2 CUSTOMERS COME IN AND COMPLAIN ON THE SALE OF THE CARS THEY PURCHASED FROM THEM NOT GETTING FIXED, WAITING TO LONG, AND HEADACHES WITH THE VEHICLES NOT RUNNING PROPERLY AFTER BUYING FROM THEM FAITHFULL IL GUIDED CUSTOMERS FALLING VICTIM TO THE CONS AND SHARKS. WHAT A SAD SCENE.I WAS FORTUNATE TO HAVE NO ISSUES WITH MY CAR HOWEVER I WOULDNT WANT A WARRENTY WITH THEM AS THEY GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND AND SCAM YOU WITH WARRENTIES THAT ARE WAY OVER PRICED AND TELL YOU LATER WHAT YOU TOLD WAS COVERED BUT WHEN ITS TIME TO USE IT ISNT COVERED.AH WHAT A JOKE GO TO A FAMILY DEALERSHIP WHERE THEYWANT TO SEE YOU BE APPY NOT ANGRY SAD OR IN A FRIGHT EVERY TIME YOU NEED TO GET YOUR CAR PURCHASED OR FIXED
  • CONS AGAIN !I PAID 10,000 FOR A 914 PORCHE CUTE TOOK PAYMENTS FROM ME WITHOUT A BANK LOAN AND PAID IN INSTALLMENTS FOR A CAR. CUTE CAR BUT THEY FAILED TO TELL ME TH FRAME WELL LOWER BODY HAD RUST AWAY 1 YEAR LATER THE CAR DIED IM OUT 10,000 AND THE CAR WAS REALLY ONLY WORTH 6,300 SO I WAS OUT 3,700 .THE REPAIRS TO PLACES WHERE MECHANICS COULDNT WORK ON THE CARS AND ROB YOU BLIND WHERE UNBEARABLE ON THE OLDER PORCHES AND IT WASNT A GOOD INVESTMENT PLAIN AND SIMPLE SOMETIMES THE LITTLE GUYS JUST OFF THE ROAD WITH A LIL CAR LOT CAN BE DESPERATE TO CON AND MAKE A SALE BEWARE >U P D A T E <. IT WAS LESS THEN A YEAR THE GUYS RUNNING THE JOINT PAcked up and moved out of th rented building fo not paying the rent to a oriental woman owner of the building.(Who knows she could have been in on the scam as well cause they are back UP and RUNNING! B E W A R E ! tHEY ARE LOCATED ON route 20 WHICH STARTS IN WEST SPRINGFIELD AND RUNS - WESTFIELD .THEY ARE ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE ON ROUTE 20 ENTERING WESTFELD.THE sunshine motor sales may be sunny for them but youll have a black cloud on you if you shop there.
  • texassuntexassun Posts: 13
    edited October 2010
    I live in TX. in san antonio. there are MSRP 59,450 with pdk. they offered to me 55,000.
    is it a good?
  • in 08 i got an 07 new boxster that was still at the dealer. sticker was $54k and there were advertising all last years stock as $10k under list. got it for $44k this is at the end of the year so 2010 should be more negoitiable. i realizzed afterwards i cd have dickered for more. ask them to include a full 3M clear bra before you agree to a price. they will try to sell it afterwards for over $1k.
2»