Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Aztek

Comments

• gonzo7gonzo7 Member Posts: 259
    A previous post said "The Aztek on the lot 8 months from now will look different that the one on the lots today"
    I beg to differ.
    Most of the Azteks on the dealer lots today will still be there 8 months from now.
  • jsylvesterjsylvester Member Posts: 572
    Aztek may be a great vehicle, but it is completely hideous to look at. But to each his own.

Check out the demand for the Aztek vs. the PT Cruiser.

Enough said.
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    jsylvester: Thanks for the news flash.

pilot374 : Restyle will be for sure on 2002 models. Should start showing up on lots in the summer. Should be good deals on the old models if you like it.
  • topgntopgn Member Posts: 132
    Hey we agree , "should be good deals on the old models" hell $1000 under invoice my guess!! However, If I was a GM customer who bought a Asstek from Sep 2000 to May 2001 and find my resale at 50% of what I purchased the Minivan for, I would be very upset...Hmm maybe that's why GM's market share fell to 28% (USA market) in 2000 from 30% in 1999..OH did I mention Toyota's market share increased 10% in 2000 (this according to USA Today). You cannot continue to screw the customer out of a quality product, and expect to NOT to lose customers.. GM DOES NOT build a quality product compared to Toyota, BMW, and even Nissan..

The Aztek is a perfect example :
    1. Ugly product
    2. Resale will be horrible..
    3. Unsafe platform

So if you feel like throwing $$$ away and not concened for your family's safety ( Oh I know the Aztek has not been crashed tested, but the "Montana has been") go ahead and buy a Aztek.
    Or if there is some gray matter working look at the Honda CRV, Hyundai Santa Fe, Mazda Tribute, or a used 4Runner..!!
    Moderator... can you please remove the previous post. Mr Topgn. He is name calling with inappropriate language (in the title).
  • jmaterojmatero Member Posts: 253
    Yes, the restyle is official... If you'd like to read an article about it, click here...
    http://www.autonews.com/html/main/stories/aztek108.htm
    You'll get GM's take on the Aztek and more restyle details. In a nutshell, major sheetmetal changes are not going to happen with the 2002 re-style... just "plastic"... meaning, we'll see new front/rear bumpers, facias, grilles, headlights, taillights... perhaps new hatch and hood. They may also work on the wheel openings and include larger wheels... the current style reminds me of the old passat/jetta where there was so much sheetmetal above the wheels that the tires looked "tiny" and out of proportion. Perhaps they'll tone down the body cladding and replace it with wheel well shrouds or something.

As for the CR-V and safety, we'll in an odd situation with all of these hybrids on the market. The grand Vitara is a true off-roader... body on ladder frame construction. The CR-V, however, is not an off-road vehicle... it shares components with the Civic and is really a tall wagon with AWD. One drive of the two and you'll find the CR-V is a good car-like ride while the Suzuki is more truck-like. The aztek rides very much like the Dodge Caravan AWD model... slightly stiffer in fact. It should since it's a minivan. It is NOT designed (despite the now pulled TV ads which showed otherwise) to be taken off-road. It is unibody and does not have the ground clearance a true SUV has. In reality, most minivans (AWD included) don't... in order to accomodate easy entry/exit and to provide that flat floor and car-like seating position. This makes them BAD off-road vehicles. Interestingly, some cross-over (like the CR-V) have excellent ground clearance and CAN be taken off-road on a limited basis. Here are some examples of ground-clearance:

Subaru Forester: 7.5"
    Ford Escape: 7.8"
    Honda CR-V: 8.1"
    Toyota RAV4: 8.3"

But, here are the ground clearances of AWD Minivans:

Dodge Caravan AWD: 5.4
    Pontiac Aztek AWD: 6.0

You can see that there are advantages to the Aztek being a minivan... again, the flat floor, great headroom, easy enter/exit, great ride height and car-like ride.. but, because of its styling, many believe it to be an SUV... but with only 6.0 of ground clearance, the most difficult terrain you should try to tackle with an Aztek is snow (less than half a foot). If you REALLY need to go off road, you should look at something with greater ground clearance and the proper shields. The subaru forester is a good example of something that can do both quite well. It's no range rover but its off-road abilities are quite good and subaru offers gas-tank and other underbody shields as well as excellent ground clearance. And the on-road ride is excellent.
    Koolguy is crying to teacher again. The big kids are calling him names!

P.S. (DINK means Dual Income No Kids)
    Hey... I agree with you. Aztek is no off roader. You want to do that, you have to get a real SUV. I really like the new RAV4 and the upcoming Saturn VUE. I like the Escape, but I would wait till Ford/Mazda get all the bugs out.
    I learned my lesson about buying the first year... ecspecially US models... yikes... Although, they are getting better, there are ALWAYS glitches... ALWAYS. I think one of the reasons the Escape is having so many "growing pains" is because it is a TOTALLY new (ground up) vehicle. It really doesn't share any parts with other cars now in production and the ones it does "borrow" have been so heavily modified that they could be considered "new". The Aztek has a great track record so-far and seems to be particularly tight for a first-year model. The main reason for this is that it is not really "new"... it's platform has been in use for a number of years and from a drivetrain-suspension-underbody standpoint, should have most-if not all-its bugs worked out by now. I know the drivetrain is almost bullet proof (although not very exciting... drop in that 3800 and wow!)

As for Pontiac Aztek Crash testing... The NHTSA has pushed back the frontal testing to February 2001 so we'll have to wait another month or two before we get the results.
  • gmdronegmdrone Member Posts: 78
    I am not really sure why some people always feel that they have to attack, and others feel they have to defend... BUT every one has an opinion, and we all know that opions are like*******s, everyone's got one! I can respond to the safety advocates with one sentence. If you want to believe that ANY accident will follow a pattern, then you must live in a real dream world. The Insurance Institute is in business to keep Insurance companies payouts to a minimum, if the had their druthers, we'd all be driving Sherman tanks with anti- collision radar and repel-a-trons, inside of a pillow wrapped interior. Safety is a BIG issue among consumers nowdays, and there are a lot of other issues besides the crashworthiness of a vehicle, not the least of which is driving ability of the average human that always cause me to fry behind the wheel. ( I KNOW that I am the best driver in the world...). I do enjoy reading the posts in this area, I just get tired of reading the same messages from the same people attacking each other, it only serves to remind me that this is America, and isn't it wonderful that we can disagree?

For the record, my latest fleet car is an AWD Aztek, had it for two weeks, HATE the looks, but love the ride, power, handling, room, versatility. I can hardly wait for my Rendevous!!!!
  • tazerelitazereli Member Posts: 241
    Aztec is FUGLY. now that that is said someone referred to the aztec as being sedan based. not true. It is based on the Montana minivan so dont think it will behave the same way in a crash as one of the w body sedans. Look into the Chebby venture Pontiac Montana and the Olds silloette for crash data.
  • teoteo Member Posts: 2,508
    Those "Chebbys" must be interesting vehicles..LOL
  • isellpotiacisellpotiac Member Posts: 122
    The AWD system on a Honda is not a true AWD system like the Aztec. It will clearly state in the owners manual in a CR- "not intended for off road use" The AWD is run by a viscous couple, this means if a wheel is spinning it will pull power from that wheel and send it to a wheel with more resistance. I wonder what happens when all 4 wheels are spinning? Actually I already know. GM drone is the type of customer I have sold all of my Aztec's to. Loves the ride and hates the looks. Does the CR- have side impact airbags?
  • sjgladwinsjgladwin Member Posts: 24
    So are you saying that the Aztec can be taken off-road? It would probably scare all living creatures!!! Seriously, do you sell these things to people, giving them the notion that they can be taken off road? And to answer your question about side airbags, the answer is no. But I guess the bars have been raised for the next generation CR-V to meet or exceed.
  • sjgladwinsjgladwin Member Posts: 24
    Since you sell these things, answer me this:

When is Pontiac going to stop being the posterchid for RUBBERMAID?!?!?!?
    The only good thing I can say about the cladding is that it is the same color throughout. If you scratch it the color underneath is the same. I do not sell these things by misleading people period. I will say that I had a bunch of fun last night in deep snow with this thing. You could feel the transfer case switch left to right until I gained complete traction. The power steering is superior to anything that Honda has offered EVER.
    Actually, Pontiac has committed to eliminating cladding on future models. The new Vibe is clean, and so is the other new coupe (name escapes me) introduced in Detriot this week.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,084
    Interesting: I was reading the Automotive News story about the emergency facelift of the Aztek (unfortunately, the same people who approved the original are likely to approve the facelift so I wouldn't get my hopes up). The article mentioned that the head of GM Design is a guy named Wayne Cherry. That rang a bell: he is the designer responsible for the beak-like face and skirted-quarter of the mid-90s Buick Skylark, the awful-looking design that finally killed off that name. I'm convinced that he wouldn't know a good-looking car if it hit him head-on. And he's running the show at GM. Now their recent gawdawful concept cars and ridiculous production cars like the Aztek make sense. Memo to Messrs Zarella and Wagoner: get a new design chief, one who actually knows what good design means.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• lbthedoglbthedog Member Posts: 198
    Bought mine and got out the door for less than 24 and it has everything. Figure that I'll keep it four to five years. Probably get around 7 to 10 by then. Tell me how many PT Cruiser suckers will get any of that 5 or more over sticker back? Try none. Watch what happens now that the Mini Cooper is on the market. Funny how the lots got filled with Beetles when the PT came along. Gonna happen again.

I still cannot understand why the same people continue to harp about this vehicle. If you go to see a movie and you don't like it, you don't go again? Fabricating false safety data is truly a low blow.

I have no fear about the mechanical attributes of this vehicle. The Powertrain is proven. It may not have the bells and whistles that ad writers love to quote but the 60 degree V-6 and the 4T65E are nearly bulletproof.

This is not my favorite vehicle but my wallet and family do like it. But since my Lotus Lean (no b.s.) has only two seats, I can't drive it everyday. This is a very competent vehicle. It is also very nimble around town. Taste and style are all in the eyes of the individual. If my neighbor brought home some two thousand dollar purebred dog, I'm sure it would make him happy. My dog came from the pound and cost me fifty bucks and he makes me happy. Some of you people just need to let it go.
  • aztekaztek Member Posts: 10
    Test drove lots of cars, minivans and suvs over the last couple months. Gotta tell you, I think that I will buy an Aztek GT.

I have spent a while reading all of your posts. Gonzo and a couple of others of you seem dead set against the Aztek. Have you test driven one?

The other thing is that a lot of you folks critiquing the thing, own foreign cars, not even SUV owners?

It drives very nice, holds a bunch . . .

I like the pricing . .. .
  • pilot374pilot374 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks to all the people on this board who contribute usefull, intellegent information. The Aztek is a great auto, and its looks are so fresh that they mess with our concept of what a vehicle SHOULD look like....that should really be celebrated because there are too many BMW, Mercedes, "this is what a car is supposed to look like" autos. Everyone who has driven an Aztek admits that (even if they don't like the looks) it is a well-built vehicle.

Its kind of funny to see the same people rip on the Aztek for months and months. It brings up several questions in one's head: 1) are they getting paid to write negative posts; 2) Don't they have something better to do with their time; 3) Don't they get enough attention elsewhere; 4) Do they post on other boards, and if so are their comments equally stupid? I shouldn't really say that its kind of funny; actually its completely sad...
  • rickroverrickrover Member Posts: 601
    I hang on other boards that have the same problem (although different people). It is the scourge of Edmunds unfortunately - the same negative posts by the same people harping endlessly on the same subject, it gets really old. Amen to sad

I wish some of those imaginary 50% depreciated Azteks would hit the market - I'd buy one in a second. I really like the Aztek - especially after driving one - what a thoughtfully designed, well rounded vehicle - so many useful features and the perfect size for my needs. I especially like the fact that you don't see many on the road.
    I's not just because the Aztek is unattractive-looking that people are discussing that fact. It is that it is *so* ugly that it is causing a phenomenon to occur -- people actually having extreme reactions to the vehicle. It has been a spectacular failure, to the extent unseen since the Edsel -- in fact, it is rapidly becoming known as the Edsel of this generation. It demonstates much of the reason why GM is sliding down the tubes. It illustrates the ineptitude of current GM designers and management. It is a fascinating case study into what not to do when developing a vehicle. As for finding a used one, you first have to sell them new, and GM hasn't been able to do that.

Why buy the Aztek from a company like GM..
    Ask all the people who bought a Oldsmobile in the last two years what they think of GM..
    Why buy from a loser..??

In the year 2000 Gm's market share fell from 30% in 1999 to 29% in the year 2000..( the trend continues..GM held 70% of the USA market in 1970)...
    Let's look at the competition..
    Toyota market share increased 9% for the year..sold more cars that Ford or GM in 2000...

BMW share went up 22%
    Hyundai..increased share 48%..

The resale value of GM cars and SUVs is horrible..
    Also anyone who states resale is not important needs a new I.Q. test ..
    The Aztek is already slated for a change in 2002 or termination..That's just one year after introduction. I feel sorry for those who bought in 2000, when they find the value of their Azteks decrease by 50% in one year.. However, that's what you get when you place your money with a loser..
    Note: these above statistics are facts NOT opinions...
  • SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    "Fabricating false safety data is truly a low blow." --ibthedog

Feel free to point out anything "fabricated" old bean. :-) jmatero and others have made some reasonable corrolations between the minivans that the Aztek is based on and the Aztek itself. This is far from "fabrication."

-----------------------------------------------------
    The Vibe is looking very good... there has obviously been a change in the Pontiac design studios. A commitment to get rid of the ribbed cladding is a good thing that will go a long way towards improving Pontiac's design vision.

I wonder which Pontiac will be the bearer of GM's new inline-six? That is going to be a fabulous engine, smooth, powerfull and efficieint.
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    There were about 1,000 cars to see at the LA auto show. With so many to choose from and in the same price range as an Aztek, I can't understand why anyone would choose a vehicle so unattractive. The one on the display had a tent on the back half, I was wondering if they sold a tent to could cover the whole thing. Being a GM owner "ONCE" in the past, I'll never own another. Not only was depreciation a problem, it was pure junk. (My personal experience) Generally, since 1981 (the year of the Oldsmobile junk heap I owned) I've bought all foreign cars with good results. In the last couple of years, I added an American vehicle as my second car to my Mercedes. First I had a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee and now a 1999. Both have been great vehicles with good resale value. I've learned to buy the "popular" cars. When it's time to sell, your depreciation is minimal. Just my .02, Mark.
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
    WHY ARE YOU HERE???????????

WHY DO YOU ENJOY DUMPING ON EVERYONE?????

BMW rules! OK! I am now a topgn convert! I love BMW, they are the best cars in the world. Why anyone would buy anything else is unknown. They are beautiful, fast and the best built anywhere. People, sell whatever you have, buy a BMW. I am trading in today. You all should also!
    I doubt any Plastiac will get the new in line 6. It's a "rear drive" engine and all Plastiacs are front drive. (Except the condemned Firebird)
    Well, it's hard to say what depreciation will be on a 2001 vehicle. There are clues, though. If you go to cars.com, there seem to be quite a few Azteks for sale... For instance, there is a loaded GT model in New Brunswick, NJ for $19,495 with 56 miles. There are others for about $19-$20k on the net as well.. just do a classified search at any search engine. Of course, these are the asking prices so they will sell for even less. That's not very good, but you'll take a hit on ANY new car the minute you drive away. The Montana minivan holds about 35% of it's value after 5 years, and the Aztek has a much more limited market so I assume it will be similar/less but we'll have to wait and see. That would mean than an Aztek purchased today for $25,000 would (in the best case if resale isn't abysimal) about $7k-$9k in five years.
  • SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Perhaps the next-generation Grand Prix? The 247hp inline-six and a manual tranny next time maybe?

Who knows.
    I guess people who worry about re-sale should lease. Then re-sale is not a problem. Otherwise, buying an Aztek must be done with running it into the ground mentality. Buy it and love it for the next 10-15 years!

;-)
  • viprklrviprklr Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me if there are any After market kits for the 2001 Aztec, besides what GM has to offer? i.e. Headlight covers/twilight covers interior stuff tires & wheel? Help my yellow one has been prefrenced and will arrive @ the Dlr soon. Thanks Bob
  • echotekechotek Member Posts: 8
    YELLOW....man you really want to stick out. I like your style! I have never seen a yellow one in person. We test drove a yellow Escape though. I thought it looked cool but my wife didn't like it. But aside from the color, I wasn't that impressed with the Escape. We settled on a steel blue Aztek and absolutely love it. I could care less what people have to say about it. I don't know of any after market accessories, however, we did buy the hiking package with ours. The all weather floor mats are great and having leather interior, we keep the water resistant seat cover on the backseat just in case the kids spill anything. I can't wait until it is paid for in three years as my wife will get a new car and I will inherit the Aztek. Good luck with your new Aztek. I'm sure that you're gonna love it.
    Actually, resale value does play an important role in lease rates. Your lease payment is based on residual value of the vehicle after a number of years. One big problem GM is having with the Aztek is finding people to lease it. There was an article on AutoNews.com recently that said Pontiac has been unable to find takers on the Aztek lease because the best they could do was approximately $400 a month for 36 months because the residual was estimated to be so low. The real issue according to the Pontiac dealers was that people were walking into Pontiac/GMC showrooms and seeing the Aztek with a lease rate of $400... then, in the same showroom see the Jimmy 4x4 (More power, 4wd, more conservative looking, off-road capability) for only $299 a month. People could not justify paying the $100+ more... hell, in one month, you could take the $100 and buy a tent for the Jimmy. The dealer here in southern CT told me $399/month for 39 months for the Aztek. The Jimmy has a $2000 rebate, LOW financing and dealers are DEALING because the new 2002 Envoy will be out soon.
    Yes, obviously re-sale value comes into play in lease payments. What I mean is, you won't have to worry about taking any end dollar hit and you don't have to worry about trying to sell it. Lease rate on Aztek in Ontario is 2.9% right now so it's not a bad deal.
    In the NE there is an ad for $299 a month for an Aztec lease. When GMAC sets a residual it is much like gambling. They are betting that a vehicle will retain 50%, 55%, 48% ect. of its sticker price when it comes back with 36,000 miles and it is 3 years old. In my zone in 1999 GMAC lost an average of $1700 on Jimmy lease turn ins. But leasing now is a different story than a few years ago. GMAC is close ended leasing. What I think is funny is when I see Honda and Toyota standard leases at 10,000 miles a year and for 60 month terms. But when you have such loyal customers I guess you can abuse them any way you like.
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    isellpotiac, looks like GM is abusing it's customers with terrible depreciation and crappy workmanship. I'm assuming you are in the car business by your name so you know what a ten year old Honda Accord will bring vs. ANY GM product in the same size and class. The facts are right there... so, I say again, who is abusing who? Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
    My dad just sold his 1988 Honda Accord LX with Automatic and 210,000 miles for $2,700 privately (excellent condition). I can't think of ANY domestic 1988 car with 210,000 miles that could pull $2,700 on today's used market. The funny thing is, there was a bidding war... started at $2k and two people kept bidding to their max and won. Was really funny because you just would never see this behavior over a 1988 Olds Cutlass Calais. But, resale on domestics IS getting better. Most Chrysler-brand cars are doing quite well as are a number of Buicks. But none are better than the civic/accord that I've seen. They are actually a HUGE bargain because you get so much back at trade-in/resale that a competitively priced Taurus or Impala starts to look like a joke 5 years down the road
    I understand where isellpontiac is coming from. With that low a mileage limit, those Honda/Toyata lessees will end up having to make a big settlement payment at the end of their lease due to excess mileage, which, compared to other standard leases, isn't excessive at all. Just another profit grab like add-on dealer stickers to give extra markup.

to inform Honda a year in advance of what you plan on doing with your lease car. A buddy of mine got totally jobbed on a Honda lease turn in. I am looking at the Residual Value Lease Guide which is like a NADA book for leasing cars and trucks. This is used for leasing cars and not using sub vented numbers from the automaker. One example: Honda Passport lx has a 38% residual after 48 months, GMC Jimmy has a 35% residual after 48 months.
  • jcandorjcandor Member Posts: 19
    The "Noise, Vibration, Harshness" column in the latest Automobile Magazine is devoted entirely to documenting the long corporate nightmare known as "Aztek".

I didn't buy the magazine so I can't quote long sections, but at one point it refers to the Aztek as a "public menace" and suggests that Pontiac will be very, very lucky to sell 15-20% of their projected sales. As of the writing of that article, 7000 had been "sold", but 2300 of those "sales" were actually forced upon GM executives, leaving 4700 "actual" sales.

That is some kind of profound poetic justice, making the boys and girls responsible for that visual blight drive the things around.

Only GM could have pulled something like this off. It's an almost perfect disaster, almost like they were committing corporate suicide or something.

The article makes another excellent point. The concept version of this car, which most of us agree was somewhat less revolting than the production hairball they coughed up, was itself almost universally despised by the automotive press and the public (I said ALMOST universally despised, because I know there are 3 or 4 people on this board who admit to liking the Aztek, so I'm not talking about you, ok?).

Despite this less than enthusiastic initial reception, the slow-motion train wreck continued unabated for at least another year, right up to now. They could have stopped the insanity before committing so many resources, but now it's too late.

PS: As of the writing of that article, GM had spent over $30 million advertising the Aztek, netting those 4700 sales. Do the math. That means GM spent $6400 PER SALE on advertising. That number is just staggering. It takes a lot of ugly to require $6400 worth of advertising per sale just to get people to buy one.
    Leases are calculated on the difference between negotiated price and projected resale, so your claim that people concerned about abysmal resale values for the Aztek should lease. Unless the dealer and/or manufacturer willingly absorbs the cost from an inflated resale figure, leases on cars that depreciate quickly are typically much higher.

That's why a loaded Honda can be leased for less than a stripper Pontiac (or "Plastiac" as someone said) in most cases. The spread between new value and resale value is much smaller on high-quality cars that don't make people physically ill.
    I can't tell if your name means "I B the dog" or "LB the dog". The second one is way funnier but somehow I don't think that's the image you were "shooting" for.

Anyway, it cracks me up to hear you suggest that somehow the great success of the Cruiser somehow reduces the resale value of VW New Beetles. First, New Beetles have terrific resale values, unlike ANY Pontiacs EVER produced. Second, New Beetles were only introduced a few years ago, so only a very small portion of Cruiser sales could have possibly been to "former" New Beetle owners. Third, the Cooper market is completely different from the Cruiser market, which is mostly different from the New Beetle market. Fourth, no VW lot I've ever seen has a tenth as many New Beetles rusting away as Pontiac dealers have Azteks (oops, Tonka plastic doesn't rust, I forgot).

Look up resale values for any Pontiac ever produced. Now take another 20% away because the Aztek is loathed by 95% of the public and liked by 5%.

But I'd expect this from a "sucker" (to use your word) who would waste money on a Lotus "Lean" (I assume you mean Elan), which had all the performance and style of the original Miata but at 2 1/2 times the price. You know, Lotus sold the Elan to one of the Korean automakers (Daewoo or Hyundai I think) who were able to make it actually interesting to drive at a far lower cost.
    I haven't seen the article yet, but I'd be willing to bet that last year, Automobile Mag along with the other enthusiast press said nary a discouraging word about the Aztek. Probably used words like daring, avant-garde, edgy, whatever. This is one of my big gripes with all of the major car magazines. Everything new gets positive coverage. Then a year or so later they finally get willing to criticize. Maybe if they had the guts to tell GM management the thing was ugly prior to intro, this disaster wouldn't have happened. OK, I know I'm dreaming on that score given GM Management's pigheadedness.

• regfootballregfootball Member Posts: 2,166
    Are ya fiished yet? Jeeeze!

Could you please use more generalized statements. That would be helpful also.

Example: "That's why a loaded Honda can be leased for less than a stripper Pontiac"

Honda what? Pontiac what?

Whatever.
    Sometimes I think this should be called the

" Hey all you GM bashers, come here and dump on everything" forum.

Ya... the Aztek is ugly. No doubt. Ya, it's a flop... no doubt. Beating a dead horse people.
    The Aztek is the embodiment of everything with the arrogantly incompetent GM.
    I don't gloat about that. It's sad.
    Every American should be angry about what is happening to our automotive industry (except Ford)

But...
    Isellplastiac--The comparo of the miserable IsuzuHonda Passportwas a bit weak.
    Please tell us of a comparison between:

Civic/Sunfire
    Accord/Grand AM
    Prelude/Firebird
    Odyssey/Montana
    I am NOT bashing GM, but again here are the FACTS:::

GM held 70% of the American Market, In 1999 that fell to 30%. Then in 2000 GM's market share fell to 29%...Let's keep it simple..This is a bad thing..

No let's use some comparisons::

Toyota's market share increased 9% in 2000
    Even Hyundai's market share increased 48%.
    (These facts are from "USA TODAY" Jan..4th)
    Everyone has a opinion but facts are facts,
    GM has continued lose market share every year since 1970..

The perfect example of GM's arrogance is the Aztek...Build junk and people will buy it..!!
    Well I guess that did not work out..4,700 sold to the public out of a projected 30,000 for the year 2000.
    "I am NOT bashing GM, but again here are the "FACTS":::"

Ya, whatever. Doesn't matter... BMW is the BEST!!!! BMW RULES!!!!