Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayman Lease Questions

Comments

• agentbb007agentbb007 Member Posts: 10
    You rock Car_man thanks for the great info. Can you provide the latest residual and Money Factor for 12k miles/yr, 2011 Cayman and 2011 Cayman S.

Thanks,
    AgentBB007 :)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks agentbb007. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Porsche Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cayman S with 12,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • easy87easy87 Member Posts: 11
    Car Man,

Could you please let me know what the latest lease details (money factor and residual) are for a 36 month 7,500mi/yr lease on a 2011 Cayman S and non-S.

Is it still same as December and January .00118 MF and 56% residual for an S and 57% residual for a non-S at 36mo and 7,500mi?

Also, one more question... if I order a new Cayman exclusive build today on a March build slot and it arrives in April but the these lease term details have changed for the worse by the time it arrives will they still honor the lease terms that were in place and quoted at the time of my order? In other words, will I still get these Feb lease terms if my ordered Cayman does not arrive til April? I would be ordering it now based on knowing exactly what my lease payment will be based on these current lease terms.

Thanks for all your help and info for everyone on this forum. I appreciate it.

-AE
    I'd be happy to help you out, easy87.

Porsche Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cayman S with 7,500 miles per year are .00118 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a non-S are .00118 and 57%.

I don't know Porsche's specific policy on this matter, but many manufacturers allow consumers to lock-in the lease program that is available at the time they placed their order. Ask the dealer that you are working with if you can do this on your Cayman.

Car_man
    Host
  • cswilliamscswilliams Member Posts: 1
    Hi I'm interested in leasing a 2011 cayman s which has a 76k msrp. I looked up the invoice price on Edmonds (68k ish), however I was wondering if anyone could tell what I could expect the dealer to offer and how much off msrp I can reasonably expect to get. I went to one dealer which doesn't have the car I want and he seemed to suggest there wasn't alot of wiggle room for the 2011s. I notice too that there aren't very many cayman s at dealers in my area right now. So I'm just wondering what I should expect from the dealer and what I could consider as a "good deal".
  • agentbb007agentbb007 Member Posts: 10
    I checked TrueCar and they don't have data on any 2011 Cayman S but the 2010 had a $62k MSRP, $56k invoice, and the average paid was $55k, a grand less than invoice!! I suggest printing out and bringing in a TrueCar report with you to negotiate. Always remember your negotiation should start at INVOICE up, not MSRP down.
    In this economy they should be giving you this car very close to invoice.

Don't worry about there not being many cayman s's on the lot. I don't know if your in a colder climate but in Utah it's normal for our Porsche dealers not to keep hardly anything except for Cayenne's on the lot in winter. Also it's my experience that most Porsche customers demand custom built, not some lot car that has sat around getting spider web marks.

BB
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I know a couple of dealers that will do $2k over invoice. When I got my 10 S they had a $2k dealer incentive, so my car was leased to me at invoice. They later increased the incentive to $4k (I was told) but I think stopped the discounted lease deals at that time.

Where are you located? Maybe someone here can hook you up with a better dealer? Porsche dealers trade cars and build slots just like all other car dealers, so you can buy the car from a different dealer if you want / need to (you will pay a haul charge to have the car moved, however).
  • shades1shades1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,
    Can you let me know what the April lease rates are for 2011 Cayman S.
    I am looking at 12 or 15K miles per year for either 24 or 36 mos. Also since the 2012 are out, is their any incentives for the 2011's.

Thanks
    Car Man,
    Could you also give the new PFS lease details for both S and non-S (both 2012 and 2011 if they are both available and different lease #s) for 7K mi/yr and 10K mi/yr 36 month lease.
    Thanks.
    Hi shades1. Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Cayman S with a manual transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 63%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00118 and 52%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual would be 2% higher.

PFS is actually running a special on 12 to 18 month leases in April. Its money factor for 18 month leases is .00030. This significantly lower factor yields a similar payment to longer leases.

Porsche isn't providing any cash incentives that I am aware of on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi easy87. PFS' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Cayman with 10,000 miles per year are .00118 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for the other models that you mentioned are as follows:

2011 Cayman S MT: .00118 and 52%.

2012 Base Cayman: .00118 and 56%.

2012 Cayman S: .00118 and 55%.

I'm not positive, but I suspect that the residual values for leases with only 7,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • a46spia46spi Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Would you happen to have the residual and MF for a,

2011 Base Cayman Automatic (PDK),

18 - 30 months with 10k miles per year?

Would you happen to know the bank acquisition fee of Porsche FS as well?

Thanks in advance!
  • saeyedocsaeyedoc Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell me what the current MRM is for a 2012 Cayman S with PDK?
    Thanks
  • majcnemajcne Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Cayman lease expires in October of this year. What will my buyout be if I decide to purchase the vehicle?
    This is spelled out in your lease contract. the buyout price is shown (the residual) and if this is a PFS lease there will be both a lease turn in fee and a lease buyout fee (you pay either way). So your buyout price would be the residual + fee + sales tax on these two (most states) plus some tags and title fees (most places).
    Here you go a46spi.

Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Cayman with 10,000 miles per year are definitely .00118 and I believe but am not positive 61%, respectively.

The money factor for an 18 month lease is much better at .00030.

I believe that PFS' base acquisition fee is $895.

Car_man
    Host
  • saeyedocsaeyedoc Member Posts: 6
    Anyone have them? Looking for rates for 2012 Cayman S with PDK, 12k/yr, 36 months.
    I do saeyedoc. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Cayman S with PDK and 12,000 miles per year are 00118 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mangoolermangooler Member Posts: 3
    I'm Looking for:

2012 Cayman (not S) PDK for 36 months + 15,000 miles.

What is the money factor and the residual?
  • keflexkeflex Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I'm looking at a 3 yr lease on a base 2011 Cayman PDK. One of the local dealers in Atlanta is quoting a rate .00158 till the end of the month. First, is that good to begin with? Any idea when July numbers will be available?

thx
    Hi mangooler. Porsche Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Cayman PDK with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi keflex. PFS' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cayman PDK with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I wouild try to find a dealer that does not mark up the lease rates. Bonus if they do not charge a doc / prep fee. My dealer charges neither so you start out way ahead when looking for a deal...
    My 2008 Cayman lease is ending and I am interested in leasing a new 2012 Cayman S. What are the latest/current lease residual and money factor for a Cayman S for 36 months at 7,500 miles/yr?

Is the 36 month lease the "sweet spot" on the best lease rates/deal for a Cayman S lease?
    Hello easy87. Porsche Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Cayman S with 7,500 miles per year are .00118 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Cayman's most attractive lease money factor on the 2012 Cayman is actually for 18 month leases, .00030. The 36 month term is still decent though.

Car_man
    Host
    edited August 2011
    I appreciate the info. I am in a bit of a delimma....

I finally found a dealer that has the changable custom build slot I need and they are willing to play ball with the 3-5% over invoice deal I want (rather than the 10-11% that sticker represents over invoice) and I have my 2012 Cayman S all configured (74K MSRP as configured including all 'Porsche exclusive' options I have opted for) and I'm 100% ready to order but my concern is that I have no idea what may happen with these lease numbers between now and my November or December delivery.

Is this a common problem where if you want a custom build for a lease you just have to "take a leap of faith" that the lease deal wont change drastically for the worse between your order deposit commitment and your delivery date? I am told that there is no way to lock in the lease rates that are in place with PFS at the time of the order even though I am making the deposit commitment to the car. Thoughts? Advice?

Also, interesting to hear that the "sweet spot" best deal on the Cayman S lease is now the 18 month at a money factor of .00030. I would not mind owning the car 3 years but the 18 month may be a better way to go with that in mind.

What is the risidual on that 18 month at 7,500 miles per/yr?

Also factored into this thought process and decision is the unknown and rumor on a Cayman redesign for 2013 or 2014 model year. Any insight or speculation that you may have on that?

I really appreciate as much detailed response and insight, thoughts, opinions as you are willing to share with me on my thought process here. Thanks.
    edited August 2011
    When you get a chance, please reply to my post above. Thanks! I greatly appreciate it.
    You're welcome easy87. Some manufacturers, like BMW, will let consumers lock-in the lease program that is available on the vehicle that they want at the time they place their order and then take advantage of whichever is better, that program or the current one, when they take delivery. I'm not sure if Porsche offers such a program, but it wouldn't hurt to ask your dealer and see what they say because PFS' current lease program is only scheduled to run through September 30th and it's difficult to say what it will be like later in the year.

I'm not sure what the 18 month, 7,500 mile residual value is for this car, but I'll see if I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
    edited August 2011
    Any luck finding out the residual and money factor combo details for both 18 month and 24 month leases on a 2012 Cayman S (manual) with 7,500 miles/yr? Thanks.

Also, do you know if there is a mileage allowance option below 7,500? Didnt there use to be a 5,000 mi/yr option that gave you a 1 percent bump up on residual from the 7,500 mi/yr option?
  • marc114marc114 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman:

I am looking at leasing this vehicle.

Can you provide the following --

18 month lease (still the best?) - residual and MF
    24 month lease - same
    36 month lease - same

Also do you know if there is any dealer cash on this car? Thank you so much!!!!!!!
    Would be for 15K miles per year.. thanks.
    Hi Guys can you respond soon if possible, I'm trying to close a deal on this today if I can. Thanks so much, I really appreciate the info!
    Hey marc114. I don't think that Porsche is offering 18-month leases on this car any longer. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2011 Cayman S PDK with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00118 and 51%.

Porsche is providing dealer cash on leftover 911s and Panameras, but I haven't heard anything about cash on 2011 Caymans.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks so much Carman! The dealer told me the same residual but 158 on the MF. I'm assuming either that is a rate markup, or that 118 requires a stratospheric credit score, and 158 is the normal tier. What do you think?
    You're welcome marc114. I'm guessing that the dealer is attempting to mark your car's factor up on you.

Car_man
    Host
  • mpilotspmpilotsp Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Would you happen to know the residual percentage and money factor rates on a CPO 2008 Cayman?

Thanks
    Carman,
    Happy Holidays. Could you please tell me what the latest up-to-date lease residual and money factor is on a 2012 Cayman S (standard 6 speed). Is 36 or 39 month lease still the "sweet spot"? I would be getting the absolute lowest mileage allowance possible. Is 7,500 still the lowest mileage allowance? Could you please let me know what the Residual and money factors are for this combo?

-2012 Cayman S 6 speed
    -36 or 39 months
    -Lowest mileage possible (7,500?)

I am trying to make a decision quick as well as determine if there is any change on the horizon for these lease details as we roll the calendar over from December to January so I can decide if the lease specs will get better, worse or unchanged over the next few days to determine when best to take delivery. As always, Thanks for the help and info!
    You there???
    Hi easy87. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cayman S with 7,500 miles per year are .00200 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00200 and 51%.

Wow, if that's correct that's a big drop in residuals for only 3 additional months. Go with the 36-month term.

I'm not sure if PFS offers leases with less than 7,500 miles per year. It might, so it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Car_man
    Host
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,546
    I'm not sure if it is available on all Porsches, but there was a newspaper advertisement, yesterday for 27 month, 5K/yr leases on Carrera GTSs...

$5000 due at signing and $1249/mo... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• skid34skid34 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Wow, this topic has not been updated for a while! My lease is expiring in a few months and I'm looking at potential candidates. Car_man, could you provide the residual and MF for the 2013 "New" Porsche Cayman, 12,000 miles per year under 24 and 36 month terms? Thanks!

It seems like the 991 rates are so much better than the Cayman's it almost makes no sense to lease it, and only makes sense in a buying comparison. This is just going off their price calculator online.
  • dman123dman123 Member Posts: 8
    I was given 57% and 70% for 12k miles 36 mo and 24 mo respectively by the dealer. MF was .0028, but i think that was inflated from the .002 that is in the boxster forum.
  • atsor3atsor3 Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2013
    Yes 0.002 should be the base MF, but the 2014 Cayman may command a higher MF. The 70% residual is much worse than 76% for the base 911.
    Thanks for the help both of you. In reality, my current lease doesn't actually end too soon. I'm just very excited to get something new. I potentially have the option to get another MB close to the end of the year, or wait it out 'til early next year and move to another brand which I think I am likely to do since nothing in their stable really appeals to me right now.

My goals for the next lease are $0 cap cost reduction, taxes & bank fees upfront, max monthly payment $800/month, whether it's 24 or 36 I don't really mind. Is this monthly payment realistic for Porsche?

Using those lease amounts and 7-11% off sticker an optioned out Cayman comes up to about $700-750/month. A Base 911 would probably crack $800, right? It just seems like for that much more "car" it might be worth it. What's a common Invoice/MSRP % for Porsche?
  • konoyeikonoyei Member Posts: 1
    I would be surprised if you are able to get a 7-11% off sticker price for the 2014 Cayman.

I got offered:

68% Residual (12k miles/year, 24 months)
    55% Residual (12k miles/year, 36 months)
    48% Residual (12k miles/year, 48 months)

and 0.0024 MF the other day.

The MF is way inflated in my opinion and the 13 point drop between 24 and 36 months also puzzled me a bit. Anyone else can share their opinion?
  • texas1999texas1999 Member Posts: 1
    I was at my dealer today and negotiated a 48-month lease on a 2014 Cayman (not a Cayman S) with 12K miles per year. Working backwards I determined the residual is 50% and the money factor is .0023.

I think that's about as good as it is gonna get right now.
  • jennkhoejennkhoe Member Posts: 1
    I just went to the dealership and got an initial quote for a 2014 Cayman, 7500k per year, 0.002 and 70% at a 27 month lease term.

MSRP was $62400, negotiated down to $58900. They asked for $5k down and 730/month (including taxes, all in).

Anyone know if this is a good deal? Thanks for the help!
  • atsor3atsor3 Member Posts: 10
    Just got a regular email from a dealer on the east coast, 2014 Cayman at $659/mo. with no down, tax and fees extra, 5k miles/yr. for 27mos. MSRP a little over $55k. No other info given.
  • azgadawgazgadawg Member Posts: 4
    Hi-
    Can you give me updated MF buy rate for top tier credit and RF for a new Cayman S. Lease would be 36 months and 15K per year. Thanks a lot !
    Hi!
    Can you provide me with the residual and money factor on the 2014 Cayman S 24 or 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year? I have sent out email requests local dealerships and may begin the negotiation process soon.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.