Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Edge Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tpm419tpm419 Member Posts: 4
    I leased my 2011 Edge last Monday. I see quite a difference in fit and finish compared to my 2007 I had. I am loving this car, the technology is amazing. You won't be sorry if you buy one
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    Can you provide the details of your lease deal? I am very interested in a 2011.
  • motoq2000motoq2000 Member Posts: 13
    The 2011 Ford Edge rebate just went from $1k to $1,500. We are thinking of ordering one (interested in a limited, without the sunroof and this is never a dealer-ordered configurations I guess).

One thing the dealer warns about is the risk of their being no rebates available (or less of a rebate) by the time comes in from the factory (and estimated 8-week window). It would be really lame to order a Limited with only the specific optiosn we want (rather than splurge on a top-equipped '11 Edge) in an effort to save money, if today's rebates are gone and not replaced in 8 wks (near the holidays).

I guess I'd ask, has anyone has had dealer rebates actually "go away", before taking delivery of the vehicle.

Thanks
    Stephen
  • realtor4realtor4 Member Posts: 10
    There are some Limited without sunroof in Michigan. I was told that if you order from a smaller dealership that they can give you the rebate that was going on when you ordered your vehicle or if the rebate has increased when your vehicle comes in you can take that rebate. What color are you getting?
    Well it's done - we did it!

The rebates just changed on the '11 Edge, for the worst. The rebate had been $1,000; then, just last week, a second rebate of $500 went into effect making $1,500 in rebates available total...

I was quoted a sale price of $37,761 for an '11 Edge Limited, with option package 302A & rubber floor mats last week. The MSRP on the car is $41,920. The sale price included the $1,500 in rebates. I was given the price last week, and when I went in to negotiate the price would not budge - they contended the sale price given was the invoice price minus the rebates. We left, because the car is more than we planned to spend and had to think about it... plus getting one price with no further negotiation is odd to us so we weren't ready to pull the trigger right away.

Fast-forward to this week - the $1,000 rebate has suddenly gone away from the Ford website and now there's just the $500 rebate. I was really shocked. I now knew that the sale price I was given the week before really was the best price I could get at this point, even if I started fresh at another dealer. Ordering an Edge was definitely out because this abrupt change in rebate amounts showed how you can't count on rebates to be there when the ordered vehicle comes in.
    , the dealer honored th

Fortunately, even though the $1k rebate from Ford went away, the dealer honored the sale price given to me the week before (by their internet sales person). I thought that was really good of them to do that (maybe they'll back-date the paperwork or something so they can still get the rebate...or maybe they'll eat the $1k, who knows). I know some dealers are scummy and will offer "1 day only" prices and stuff like that. These guys said they'd honor the price given to me until the car sold.

For those buying right now, I would ask the dealer if they would honor the recent full $1,500 rebate. If not, then I would wait until the rebates improve... One thing this dealer said is that Ford is cutting back on '11 Edge production, and that they weren't getting any more until the end of the year. But she said this before I pulled the final trigger (maybe a slight sales ploy).
    Here's what a dealer quoted me for leasing a '11 Edge with 302A package:

12k mi/year: 1500 down, $579/mo.
    15k mi/year: 1500 down, $599/mo.

Both leases offers were for 39 months. I ended up buying from a different dealer. Both dealers are in MA.
  • tpm419tpm419 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    On Sept. 27th I leased my 2011 Edge Limited with 301A package plus rubber mats for 2636.00 out of pocket (including first month payment, minus DMV fees) and a 420.00 month payment for 36 months. I was pretty happy with that deal and loving the car

This is for a 10,500 miles per year
  • qthqth Member Posts: 25
    Acura MDX lease $599/month for 36 month, $0 down and $0 deposit.
    469 ------------------------------, $2999 total down & deposit.
  • njsknjsk Member Posts: 2
    Got quoted price of $250.00 over invoice for 2011 Edge with 202a, chrome rims, roof rails, and sunroof. Is that a good price for these trucks? Not decided on lease or buy yet. Also, when did 2011 models go on sale? Thanks in advance.
  • spridellspridell Member Posts: 10
    I am in NY (long island) and these are the 2 lease quotes i got.

2011 Edge Limited AWD(fully loaded)
    MSRP: $43,235

1st quote:
    $2,100 down
    39 months
    10,500 miles
    $480 month including taxes

2nd Quote:
    $2,000 down
    39 months
    10,500 miles
    $399 month NOT including taxes
  • rogersmjrogersmj Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    We just signed for a 2011 Edge SEL FWD w/ 202A (leather, MyFord, etc) and roof rails in Candy Red Metallic. The MSRP on this vehicle is $34,085; invoice is $32,251; the dealer offered it to us for $100 under invoice ($32,151) and then we took the $1500 incentive from Ford PLUS another $500 because my wife graduated from grad school within the past two years. So our final price was $30,151, plus tax and doc fee.

We're pretty happy with that deal, putting us almost $4k below MSRP and $2,100 under invoice after the incentives.

Going to pick it up this week!

EDIT: Sorry, this was in the Indianapolis, IN area, Don Hinds Ford.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    It would really be helpful if you would tell us what dealer/city you bought it from. Prices can vary by region and that is what this thread is all about.
  • gonecruzangonecruzan Member Posts: 13
    Ok I am in northeast NJ and looking to lease a 2011 Ford Edge Sport, Cargo Accessory, Vision & Drivers Entry Package along with Nav. MSRP is $43,090. 27 or 36 month lease is the same @ $488/month with 10,500 miles/yr. Putting down 1st moths payment of $488 along with $499 for dealer fees. What do you think?
    There is a whole thread under Ford Edge that deals with lease questions. You might get more info there.
  • jdanhoffjdanhoff Member Posts: 1
    I live in Rock Springs, Wyoming and close to Salt Lake City, Utah, so my dealers are in those locations. I am looking at a 2011 Edge and was just offered employee pricing at one of the dealers. Has anyone had experience with employee pricing and information about what kind of discount it might be?
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    The employee pricing plan is a fixed amount under invoice and all incentives are available as well.

Go into any dealer with your PIN number and they'll show you the price as it's printed on the invoice. Further, the dealer is not allowed to add any other charges to the price.
  • texastownhalltexastownhall Member Posts: 22
    Many of our friends have SUVs, RX350, X5, CX9, Murano, etc. We are interest in RX350 as it is comfortable. But want to go back to buying Ford. I like the way new Edge looks and the SYNC.

How much will I be able to save by buying Ford Edge with comparable features vs RX350?

RX350 comes with lot of standard features like the keyless push button start, leather interior, power lift gate.
    A FWD Edge Limited decked out very similar to a base FWD RX would be about $3-$4k cheaper. Not a lot when you consider the extra year of warranty and the prestige and dealer experience of the Lexus. The Edge does get substantially better MPG on regular gas then the RX however but the RX is going to have lot more luxury feel to it and better material quality.

If you're leaning towards the luxury brands and want a Ford you should look at the '11 Lincoln MKX. Substantially upgraded from the Edge in interior feel and quality and has the SYNC tech. it also has the longer warranty like the RX and (I would hope) a little more pleasant dealer experience then you would probably get at a Ford dealer. It gets better mpg than the RX as well on regular gas while having more HP.

Good luck.
  • texastownhalltexastownhall Member Posts: 22
    m6user, very helpful. Thank you.

What you say makes sense.

I have never been to a Lincoln dealer. I recall being in a Lincoln Towncar limo rides being the most comfortable ride ever.
    Anyway, I will check that out. I if price is comparable, I may look for pre-owned Lexus.
    I like the Volvo XC90 and new coming soon Tourag. Only thing I am afraid is reliability of Volvo and VWs break down in a middle of nowhere (it happened to my brother in his 05 Tourag).
    Thanks again.
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    The real difference would not be STICKER price but rather SELLING PRICE. I can get a 2011 Limited Edge FWD for $30,500 all day long. You'd be lucky to get a base RX FWD for $38,000. Not exactly the $3-$4K you are talking about.
    Gee, the actual price is the street price. Really? I was just advising what the sticker price difference is. Obviously both vehicles will be discounted off from sticker but it depends on area, competition and negotiating skill.

The base RX is $38850. You should be able to get that discounted as well but, I agree, maybe not as much. Ford already has a rebate on the 2011 I see so the spread may be more like $5k. Still within reason if that is the vehicle someone wants. Edmunds puts the difference in TMV prices at about $4300 which is close to what I said. Of, course I've found that you can beat TMV in most areas just like you mentioned with Edge price. The RX can be had for less than TMV too.

People can come on these forums and say anything about what they can get a vehicle for so I leave that up to to OP to do their homework. I was just trying to throw some pros and cons up there to help.

I still think if someone is looking for one of the premium crossovers the Lincoln MKX deserves serious consideration.
  • leonardo1leonardo1 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me the MF for a 2011 Edge Sport, 3 year 15k miles per year? I live in los angeles, CA
    Also, how strict are they with proof of student status or employee PIN number?
    I really enjoy reading the posts in this forum and have finally decided it's time to take the plunge and lease one of these great American cars.
  • soplushsoplush Member Posts: 29
    Can anyone tell me if Ford Motor Credit is any better or worse at financing someone with not so good credit? I had good credit until I got laid off for 18 mos. I started working again thankfully 3 months ago full time making a very good salary. I really need a different car. (my 10 year old convertible has run its course.)

Thanks.
  • jon987jon987 Member Posts: 2
    I am shopping around for a ford edge limited. I live in NY and was wondering what others have paid. Any recent numbers? I am trading in my 2007 edge.
  • matta3matta3 Member Posts: 8
    I am looking at a fully loaded EDGE Limited with a MSRP of $40,890. I have a Nissan Armada LE 2 wheel drive loaded with everything and 67,800 miles. I also have 15 months left on my lease and am over on my mileage by 8,800 miles with excess mileage at $0.18.

Bankston Ford in Frisco, TX is saying my Armada is worth only $19,500 and my payoff is $28,516, putting my deep in the hole.

Their initial offer is the EDGE at $1,616.61 off of MSRP plus FORD incentives of $2,750.00.
    Their initial offer has me financing $48,726, which is quite a bit over MSRP, and the dealer claims that this will make a 72 month APR higher, like 7% or even 7.99%.

The Edmonds Used Car report says my Nissan is worth $21,691.00, which is higher then the dealer is offering.

I am trying to get my 72 month payment to under $700.00 per month, including my negative equity on my trade in.

Any suggestions of help from Car_Man or anyone???

Thank you!
    I say you ride the lease out to the end and put away a few bucks every month to cover the mileage. IMHO, rolling negative equity into a new car loan is a terrible idea and I have a feeling you're going to be looking to do the same thing again in 3 years.

Good Luck.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    In all seriousness, since you're so upside-down on the Armada, maybe a larger look at your options & true needs is in order. How often do you need the capacity of the Armada/Edge? How many miles/year are you driving? Since the Armada isn't AWD I'll assume no offroading capability is needed. Do you tow?

If you commute and don't constantly haul heavy cargo, my best suggestion would be to park the Armada and use it only when you need it's hauling capacity. Ride out the lease & start setting aside a few bucks a month to cover the mile overage charge. Buy a used compact or midsize sedan for use as a daily driver. The sedan should be far cheaper to drive (better mileage, cheaper maintenance overall, probably cheaper to insure).

That may not be advice you want to hear (read), but I'm giving my honest and frank opinion. The Armada's status put you in a bad place financially and the best way out is to minimize costs until you can correct it. Unless you need to get rid of an unreliable or crash victim car, rolling one car's payoff into the next car's loan is just avoiding dealing with reality.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    Buy a used compact or midsize sedan for use as a daily driver. The sedan should be far cheaper to drive (better mileage, cheaper maintenance overall, probably cheaper to insure).

That's a crazy idea. If he doesn't have the few thousand to raise his head above water for the trade how would he have the few thou needed to purchase a second car. The sales tax, doc fees, title fees, maint on a used car, insurance and initial cost of a second vehicle would be way more than some excess mileage charges.

Just ride out your lease and save some money for the extra mileage charge and then go into another lease on something a little more suitable for your lifestyle. A fwd Edge that gets 27mpg hwy and has close to the carrying capacity of the Armada is not that bad of choice. I assume you know what you're doing and need that carrying capacity. If not, all bets are off.
  • matta3matta3 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks everyone for the advice.
    I can afford an EDGE, and it is what I want to get. I also have a 5 year old, so carrying her in something smaller and less safe is not an option for me. I also am in Sales, and take clients with me frequently to lunch and whatnot, and need something nice and roomy.

I know buying a new car and suffering the depreciation is a bad thing, but I am finally going to stop leasing sue to my mileage, and go into a loan where I can not worry about miles (even though I know we all pay for miles one way or the other)

I am simply trying to get the best deal I can. I have submitted an offer to them and we will see what they say, and got a lot of the info from Edmonds. What a great site this is!
    The OP's info was incomplete so I'm making a few assumptions. Feel free to correct wherever I have something wrong. From the few facts we have (leased and had over 67K miles), I'm going to assume it's a 2008 Armada RWD and it's driven about 24K miles/year. MPG according to Edmunds is 14 MPG combined. With gas around $3/gallon that's $429/month in fuel.

If the OP continues at 24K miles/year for the remaining 15 months that comes to 30K more miles at 18 cents/mile or another $5400 in mileage surcharges. That's $360/month.

Driving the Armada will cost $789/month + the lease payment + all the other required maintenance.

Hyundai has a good offering in the 2011 Sonata. It's a "nice and roomy" large 4 door sedan with a 5-star safety rating. Take a brand new 2011 Sonata SE. With 0 down and @ 4%/72 months, the payment is $354. Call it $400 once you add for taxes and whatnot.The combined EPA rating on the Sonata is 26 MPG so monthly fuel costs would be $231. The Sonata is at a base of $631/month to own & operate.

To keep things simple, assume maintenance costs are the same. A sedan (with new tires and full warranty) will be cheaper to maintain than a V8 powered SUV but let's forgive that for the moment. The question is, then, are other expenses like insurance, going to top the $151/month difference in cost. For me they would not as my car is running just over $70/month to insure.

So sure, we can say forget buying a used sedan. Buy a NEW one and it's still cheaper.
    Suffering depreciation isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you can keep a car long enough the effects of depreciation are minimized. The big problem here is in rolling the amount you're upside down on with the Armada into the Edge's purchase.

And again, to be blunt, you should step back and gauge wants v. needs. Most sedans are just as safe if not safer than SUVs. Plenty of sedans are also quite roomy for up to five people. Since you're looking at the Edge I'm assuming you don't need 3rd row seats/capacity for 6-8.

You're considering a loaded Edge with a $41K sticker. There are Edges starting just over $27K (the price of a fully loaded Sonata 2.0T, incidentally). How much of that $14K in trim and options are wants v. needs? Get the needs but given the nature of the upside down Armada you should minimize the wants. Dropping $7K in options would reduce your new monthly by around $100, which would go a long way towards getting you out of the hole.

Whatever you wind up buying, try to make it last for at least 1-2 years beyond when it's paid off. But when you do pay it off, continue making the payments to an investment account. That way, when the time comes to buy the next car you'll have a good size down payment you can use. The money can double as a fund to tap to pay for repairs if needed.
    edited December 2010
    If she's in a lease and only 8+K miles over her allotment at 67k she must have something like 20k a year to play with. So the MPG savings probably aren't as great and the overcharge probably isn't as bad as you assume.

You assumed she just wanted to save money any way she could. I assumed she knew what she wanted and that was to replace her big honking SUV with a little bit smaller CUV which turns out to be exactly what she wanted. I wasn't trying to convince her to have two vehicles, one of which she clearly doesn't want just because it can save a few bucks. Maybe she only has one parking place, maybe she just doesn't want to worry about two cars. Too many unknowns to be recommending additional vehilces IMO.

But I will admit that what you suggested wasn't crazy from a dollars and cents point of view if the person wants two vehicles one of which is a midsize car or something like that.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    edited December 2010
    IF you are still following along here. Why don't you BUY YOUR ARMADA. This will immediately stop the bleeding of the extra miles. Your buyout now is 28,500 so buy it from Nissan. Or make some more payments for now but Buy it before lease is over to avoid the mileage. Pay the loan down faster if you can.
    Eventually you can sell the car and then you can over pay for that Edge and dig yourself back into another huge hole.
  • jon987jon987 Member Posts: 2
    My current lease is almost up and I can't seem to find a deal close to what I have now. Currently I drive a SEL Plus edge with roof. Im paying 339 a month. The closest I can get is 2800 down and 385 a month for a SEL EDGE 10,500 yr.
    I really want a Limited with 20 inch wheels and Pan roof. Does anyone have any idea what I should be paying? Or how much I should get in total rebates? Please help.
    Andrea
  • ctg1ctg1 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone help me with my negotiated lease for a loaded edge sport (sunroof, vison, conv. package, cargo, etc) ? am i missing anything to save more on the below lease? dealer holdbacks or ford credits etc.? Thanks

MSRP: $43,4,00
    Negotiated Price : $40,900
    Roll in amount: $5,000 (old lease)

Total Lease Amount: $45,900
    Buy Down: $4,500
    Term: 39 months / 19,500 miles
    Lease Factor: 1.75%
    Residual value: 50%
  • momstruck1momstruck1 Member Posts: 206
    I am looking to lease a new Edge Limited with package A109 in it . I have no current car loans and have paid off a 2004 Toyota Sienna ( going to my hubby ) and a 2006 toyota corolla ( will be my daughters ) . My sister just got an Edge fully loaded Limited for 399 a month . I was wondering if this was a great deal . I want to walk in the dealership and get the same deal if not a better deal ! We were looking at the Volvo and didnt like the feel of the drive and then went to Lexus because we like our toyotas but for what they offer the Ford was just as nice . Any Advice ! :confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    $399/month... for how long? At what interest rate?

A monthly payment doesn't really help determine what a good price is, and you really shouldn't be tricked into shopping for a car based on a "monthly payment" price. This is one of the main ways that consumers end up paying too much for a vehicle.

You need to determine the best PRICE for the vehicle. After that, you need to work on the financing separate from the purchase price. Make sure you know what the loan term is (# of months) and the interest rate. If the loan term is long and/or the interest rate is too high, it doesn't matter what the monthly payment is - it's too much.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nygenenygene Member Posts: 11
    Kirstie and monstruck 1-

We're looking for the Ford Edge- got an offer from-- its Edge SEL, but loaded with extras, including the 202 A package, Voice Sycn, Navigation, Moonroof...it barely seems different the the Limited actually its so loaded...offer is $459/month, $2000 down, 36 mo lease , 15 k miles per year....so your $399 could possibly be better pending how much you had to put down and how many miles in that ???? please let me know ASAP!!! thanks!!
  • davenhvdavenhv Member Posts: 1
    I just put a $500 deposit on an order for a Ford Edge Limited FWD, package 301A, vision package, all weather mats, and back lit door. The quoted price is 37234.10. Right now the incentives are locked in at $2500 but $1000 of it applies only if Ford credit it used. Could I finance with Ford to receive the addtional incentive and just refinance with my bank that is offering 2.82% / 60 mnths? Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks
    Could I finance with Ford to receive the addtional incentive and just refinance with my bank that is offering 2.82% / 60 mnths? Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks

You might not be able to since I'm sure that 2.82% is for "new" purchases. You'd be refinancing which many times doesn't qualify for those low rates. Check with your bank to be sure.
  • rh_ptrh_pt Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2011 SEL with the 201A package. The MSRP is $32985. The dealer is offering $31K drive out. This seems like a really good deal to me, but at the same time, I'm wondering if they're not trying to pull one over me. Any thoughts?
  • tbuck16tbuck16 Member Posts: 12
    Hello,

I am looking to purchase a 2011 Edge SEL. I am trading a 2008 SEL with 42k miles on it, Good condition and a 2008 Lincoln Navigator - Good condition. In total, I owe approx. $46k on the two trade-in vehicles. The Edge I have been looking at has an MSRP of $35,585. Any thoughts or suggestions. Thank you!!!!!
    Any thoughts or suggestions.

Not what you want to hear but don't even bother trying to do this deal. You are so far upside down you're going to need a front end loader to dig you out.

Go over to real world trade in values and post the information - you're not going to like it.
  • edgedriveredgedriver Member Posts: 1
    I have an '07 Edge SEL and am looking at 2011 Edge. the dealer has a limited MSRP $43035, Invoice $40207 and the internet price is $37995. I haven't negotiated to buy my cars before and I'm not sure if the internet price is something that is negotiable or not? and if yes, what would be a reasonable offer to start?
  • tbuck16tbuck16 Member Posts: 12
    I also thought that we would be very upside down. However, we are being offered $48,500 for the two vehicles. The MSRP on the SEL Edge is $35,585 and with Rebates, they are offering us the vehicle for $34,000. Any advice?

Thank you!
    No I don't except good luck.
  • jaclynpjaclynp Member Posts: 1
    Hi carman,
    I've been working on this deal for the better part of 2 weeks and I wanted some advice. Negotiating a lease on a edge SEL
    Msrp-$ 39008
    $2750 in rebates
    Money factor .5% (seems super low, this is NJ)
    Residual - 64%
    total out of pocket - $1000
    Price per month-420
    Does this sound reasonable? When I calculate the coat on the lease payment calculator using these figures I get a much lower monthly payment but then again, I'm $50 less than where I started with a much better equipped vehicle.
    What do u think?? Thanks for all your help!
  • roc24roc24 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 AWD Edge SEL with 25,000 miles ( has heated seats,leather and vista roof). Generally has been a great car - a few problems such as replacing brakes at 22,000 miles and axle seal problem twice. I owe about $4700.00 on the car

I regret not getting the package with the back up camera but have lived w/out it for 3 years.Also I have a black one and really wanted the white tri coat but hey...the price was right on the 2007.

My husband has been encouraging me to look at a 2011 Edge - specifically with the Vision package and adaptive cruise control. I have resisted looking for several reasons...I am of the school of thought that you drive,drive,drive a car until you get to the point of outlay over value.

Having said this while I had my car in for an some maintenance work this weekend I saw a 2011 Edge Limited AWD(white tri color) with just about everything except the tow package. The car is listed as used ( it has 7100 miles on it) and it is $34,990.00 I believe new it would be $38,760.00.

I am actually considering buying it - the dealer said my trade is $18,500.00 ( I thought this was a tad south of where it should be but not substantially) So I have apprx 4700.00 left on my 2007 and the remainder of the purchase price (minus trade) is $16,490 and that brings my total out of pocket or out of pocket/finance amount to $21,190.00

If I buy this car I will likely not buy another car for 6-8 years. If I stay with my 2007 I MIGHT buy another car in 3 - 4 years ...mainly because of the increased technology on the newer cars.

I will finance part of this purchase (regardless if I buy now or several years down the road). I like to keep my monthly payments low (right now i am at $240.00) not because that is all I can afford but because that is what I am comfortable with.

Thoughts,suggestions? If i wait a few years my trade will be considerably less and the price of a new car will be higher so given that this car is slightly discounted because it is used does this represent a good deal and make sense? or should i just stay with what I have ( which will be paid off in about 19 months)

Thanks
  • roc24roc24 Member Posts: 2
    Correction to my message (2007 vs 2011) the MSRP on the 2011 I am looking at (used with 7100) miles is $42,820.00 and the used car is $34,990.00
  • realtor4realtor4 Member Posts: 10
    I bought a 2011 ford edge with the camera. There are so many updates in the newer model that it really is a dream car. With the limited you will have the push to start. I got the vista sunroof and the cruise that automatically adjust to the speed in front of you. I would try to negotiate the price a little more, but I would seriously look at it. The 2011 also gets better gas milage.