Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Edge Prices Paid and Buying Experience

124»

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter would like to talk with someone who recently traded in a Honda or Toyota for a Hyundai, Kia, Ford or Chevy. Please email [email protected] by Friday, June 3, 2011 with your daytime contact information, the car models involved and a few words about your decision.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ungluedunglued Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Got an offer for a 2011 Silver SE, FWD, roof rails and 101a package (Convenience group I think?).

10,500 Mile lease
    Offer was $338/month(PA taxes included) for 39 months. I'm trading in a Truck ($2k trade in value) only thing due at signing is first month's payment and the trade in vehicle.

Can anyone comment on if this is a good deal?
  • fordvhondafordvhonda Member Posts: 2
    Was ready to pull the trigger on a deal for an Edge, but Planet Ford wouldn't honor the price they submitted by email. Anyone know a good Ford dealer in the Houston area where you've had a good experience? Thanks.
  • soapsoap Member Posts: 17
    Who were you working with at that dealership? So they gave you a price quote and when you showed up they all of a sudden backed out? I am starting negotiations with this same dealer is why I ask. Thank you.
  • fordvhondafordvhonda Member Posts: 2
    Don't think I'm allowed to post names on this website. The initial sales rep was male. I negotiated by email, as I do for all car purchases. His female manager wrote back that the price quoted in writing was too low and raised it by $1500. She was very unprofessional, even in writing. Poor attitude, sarcastic. Can't believe she has a customer service job. I'm buying a car elsewhere tomorrow from a dealership I've bought from before. Everything negotiated smoothly by email.

Good luck. Hope you get the car you want w/o hassles.
    I sure hope I do not run into the same issue, if everything falls into place I will go try to close my deal tonight. I will post back and update. Little worried now.
    Okay, about to head to the dealership to close the deal on the below vehicle.

2011 Edge SEL FWD
    Rapid Spec 202A
    White Platinum Met
    Cargo Access Pkg
    Vision Pkg
    Mats
    Panoramic Roof
    Navigation
    18" chrome wheels
    MSRP: $38,785.00

Dealer Discount:$3,566.00
    Ford Rebates:$3250.00

Selling Price before TT&L: $31,599.00
  • smoothballersmoothballer Member Posts: 3
    That is a pretty great deal you got there. Did you do internet (email) negotiating? I am curious about the rebates and discounts you got. Did you have ford x-plan? And how did you get $3250 in ford rebates. All I see is 2500 if you go with Ford Financing.
  • matttw618matttw618 Member Posts: 3
    would love to hear more on these deals.... what were the specific dealer discouts for? and what rebates were these? likely heading to some dealers in PA (zip 19335) this week and was checking the x-plan website and the incentives werent loading...
  • vaguy79vaguy79 Member Posts: 13
    I'm about to pick up my AWD Edge Sport that I negotiated 8 days ago. Here was my deal:

Spec: Vista Roof, NAVI, Vision, Drivers Entry, All Weather Mats

MSRP 43,355
    Discount Price: 39,200
    Rebates: 3000 (Ford Finance, Cash Back, and Conquest)
    Price: 36,200 before TTL
    That is impressive. $7155 off MSRP is damn good. Much better than the $4500 I have been offered with my X-Plan. Was the discount price A-Plan, X-Plan, or dealer discount? Also what is Conquest?
    edited July 2011
    The deal was straight negotiation (dealer discount, I don't qualify for any sort of employee pricing). I checked the USAA/Zag pricing and it was worse. The conquest rebate was for owning a non-Ford product. I also qualified for the owner loyalty but it was not combinable with the Conquest bonus.

It took me about 3 days of straight negotiation with 4 different dealers before I got this price. I would have each dealer beat the last deal. There were more dealers I could have tried, but I was too tired.

The Ford finance rates are ridiculous. My score is >800 and I was offered 6.75 for 60 months. I plan on refinancing as soon as I can with Navy FCU for 1.99/60months as there is no prepayment penalty and I don't care if the dealer gets dinged.
    edited July 2011
    I did all negotiating via email and had an OTD price breakdown emailed to me before I walked in. I also had a $750 brochure rebate as well.

I also X-plan eligible but rarely have ever needed to use it. I really didn't have to haggle much as the dealer website lits out the factory and dealer rebates and shows an e-price. I basically just tacked on my $750 brochure rebate to the deal and that was it.
    I saw someone post finance rates so I will add mine which I guess I left off. I was already pre-approved with Chase for 3.08% for 60 months and Ford offered 3.99% for 60 months. I went with Ford to get all of the rebates but may refinance.
    edited July 2011
    Also check out PenFed as their lowest rate is 2.49/60 months.
  • kev6873kev6873 Member Posts: 11
    Are these good deals? If not, how far off and where is it off?

SE-FWD (Rapid Spec 101a)
    MSRP: $29,090
    Selling Price: $28.128
    +Tax: $1979.89
    +Title/License(transfer plates): $120
    +Doc fee: $156.08
    OTD: $30,383.97 - 2000 or 1500
    OTD : 28,383

SEL-FWD (202A with vision package, vista roof, 18" wheels)
    MSRP: $36,520
    Selling Price: $34,335
    +Tax: $2414.38
    +Title/License(transfer plates): $120
    +Doc fee: $156.08
    - rebates $2500
    OTD: $35,025.46

SEL-FWD Blue (with 202A)
    MSRP: 33735
    Selling Price: 32166
    +Tax: 2,263
    +Title/License(new plates): 194
    +Doc fee: 156
    -1500 rebates

OTD: 33,279
    2011 Ford Edge Sport FWD
    - Cargo Accessory Package
    - All-Weather Floor Mats
    - Back Lit Door Sills

MSRP - $37655
    Dealer Discount - $3165
    Rebates - $2500

$32000 + TTL
  • carman89carman89 Member Posts: 9
    Hi all first time posting!

Looking to see if this is a good deal. 24 month lease 10,500 miles EDGE SEL with the leather package and moon roof sticker is 35,396. I have Xplan pricing but he was able to bring it below that to 32,400( don't remember the exact number) I have 3,750 worth of rebates.
    residual is 63% and interest rate was .25

2,000 out of pocket(inception fees)
    269/month

Sounds like a great deal to me, but I don't want to be wrong!
    A reporter is looking for people with MyFord Touch or MyLincoln Touch. What do you think of it? Was it a big influence on your decision to buy a Ford or Lincoln? Please reply to [email protected] no later than Friday, August 12, 2011.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• tpm419tpm419 Member Posts: 4
    I have an 11 Ford Edge. The MyFord Touch is great in theory but I believe they rushed it out to market. I constantly need to go back to get dealer updates which only put a band-aide on the unit. I hear they should be coming out with new software shortly and I hope that's true
  • vettedreamervettedreamer Member Posts: 10
    I am looking to buy an 2011 Edge SE in Dallas TX. Is this a good deal?
    MSRP $29,460
    nternet Price $24,988
    Thanks
  • edgededged Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I bought a 2011 Ford Edge SEL with the following:
    - 202A package
    - Voice activated navigation system
    - Vista roof
    - 18" chrome clad wheels
    - Dealer installed lojack

I ended up paying $31,050 + tax and title. MSRP was $36,035 + $795 for the lojack + $155 for activating the lojack.

I was initially looking for the SEL with the 201A package only. Got initial offers at $28,434 + tax and license. Decided to go with the upgraded options.
  • alphatradealphatrade Member Posts: 11
    A local dealer has the exact car I want, however it is a demo and has 7,800 miles on it. They're offering $36,905. Information about the car:

2011 LTD Ford Edge (Silver) with:

- rapid spec 301a ($3,795)
    - class II trailer ($395)
    - front license plate bracket ($0)
    - engine block heater ($0)

Total MSRP = $40,740.00 - $295 (spec discount)
    Offer = $36,905 + $2,500 cash incentives

I was told because it is a demo and has over 5k miles on it they price it at the Ford A plan. Is this a good offer?
  • akshatpakshatp Member Posts: 2
    About to close a deal on a 12 Ford Edge SEL AWD with 205 package and leather mats.

MSRP $37,200

After the $1,000 Ford Rebate I am getting it for $32,900 plus TTL.

Thoughts?
    If you focused on telematics (Sync, OnStar, etc) or ignored it completely in your 2011 car-shopping experience, email [email protected] by Monday, October 17, 2011 and include your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• realtor4realtor4 Member Posts: 10
    The cars that I test drove didn't have everything set up so I couldn't check the sync, Onstar, etc. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
    Thanks,
    Malinda
  • straitstrait Member Posts: 1
    We are looking to purchase a new 2012 SEL Edge. The vehicle we are looking at is an SEL with 205A pkg, voice act navigation system, power lift back and roof rails. The MSRP is 35900 and with the x plan discount the offer was 32017 before tax and license. I am not up on all the deals and what is a good deal....can someone please give me some insight.....Is this a good deal or what woud be? :confuse:
  • 85_snowbird85_snowbird Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2012 Edge Sport. Got it for over 5k off sticker. Great car, great looking car, great driving car. Highly recommend the Sport edition over the Limited, SEL or SE. Well worth the money. :shades:
    A reporter is working on a story about car technology and is looking for recent or current car shoppers for whom technology was a critical factor. Were you looking to pack your car with as much new technology as possible? Are there special technologies and systems that you care about more than others? And are you at all concerned about the role technology plays with distracted driving? Please send an email with contact information and a brief description of your experience by no later than Sunday, February 5, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• qimiaoqimiao Member Posts: 1
    how much is a good deal for the 2012 base model? Can any one help?
    If you live in Southern California, have Ford Sync or Cadillac CUE, and can take a tv crew for a short ride Sunday afternoon or Monday morning, please email [email protected] by Saturday, June 23, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• andyman1970andyman1970 Member Posts: 47
    No action on this forum for almost a year.
  • moegangatmoegangat Member Posts: 1
    Any info on October sales incentives for a 2013 Edge?