Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Grand Cherokee PCM Module Replacement

Comments

• jeepsrgreatjeepsrgreat Member Posts: 2
    Have you tryed a zip tie around your coil. I had a problem with mine just dieing. The wiring connector sometimes at the coil just don't get a good connection.
  • fjnordyfjnordy Member Posts: 2
    I am having trouble with my 1993 Grand Cherokee Laredo (Automatic 4.0 with 6 plugs). I purchased this vehicle out of a barn where it had been sitting for a couple of years. I was having trouble starting. I.E. would crank for up to three minutes before it would start. I have since replaced the cap and spark plug wires, spark plugs, the crank sensor on the fly wheel. (Boy was that a treat and thank god for having a mechanic for a neighbor and friend helping me!) After not being able to get it to start for a week straight, I was sitting inside the jeep thinking my next steps. I noticed the computer display panel by the Automatic shifter wsn't set. I set the the time and date, then said what the heck "I'll give it a try." The car started after hearing clicking noises from the relays. I have since then noticed that when I turn the key in the ignition, my jeep does its normal bulb checks and starts fine. Yet if the CHECK ENGINE light does not appear when it does the bulb check in the display panel, it will not start. When this light does not turn on, I do not get fuel pressure or spark to the plug.
  • mercyme6mercyme6 Member Posts: 10
    hello, i have the same problem, the pcm is bad and i found one off ebay for $80 check here first and no my boyfriend is a mechanic and he took it out within minutes, the coil is not sparking either but took out coil tested fine but put coil back in tested bad so thats why he said its the pcm hope this helps a little i ordered my 1993 jeep grand pcm but thought you could get any if it comes out of any 1993 jeep grand but boyfriend says i hope its the right one so tomorrow i gues we will find out so if you shop make sure its compatible or the same numbers my numbers we all the same except for the last two not sure if it makes a difference or not til tomorrow.michelle
  • ducati_loverducati_lover Member Posts: 1
    i have a 1993 jeep grand cherokee wagon w/ 5.2L v-8. security light stays on, climate control display just says error and is non responsive. anyone have any ideas? i can answer any questions about the jeep if you need :)
  • jeffwtuttlejeffwtuttle Member Posts: 15
    be sure that you get the pcm that has a security or non security on it. There are TWO (2) types..If you need one I have one here that I will never use because after much bs from the dealer it just turned out to be the coil...just to be safe replace it not just have it tested..its only 20 bucks at a auto parts store..cheep!
  • peteinnhpeteinnh Member Posts: 4
    New to the site. I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 6Cyl/ 4x4. I suspect the PCM but the following has puzzled me. The car starts and runs for 12 minutes and abruptly dies. Restart attempt(s) shows no spark. Strong cranking power, relays energize - but nothing. Three days later the same pattern - starts- runs for 12 minutes- dies and then I must once again wait three more days to hear it run again!! (in those 12 mins it sounds dynamite!)

Car has new fuel pump/ gas tank/ battery/alternator (replaced over time with none of these items over two years old). car has had regular tune ups and oil replaced at every 5K

I think the PCM at fault but I am not to experienced with the many sensors the car has on-board. I wonder if a faulty sensor could be triggering the shut down and hope to lean on someone with more experience before dumping $300.00 on a new PCM

Any help or direction would be MOST appreciated. Thanks in advance for any possible suggestions to resolve my issue.
    hi, i have a 93 jeep and i replaced my pcm for $80 off ebay motors go there first, it ran great for 2 weeks and then had to replace throttle position sensor at advanced auto for $35 with warranty now the jeep has a temperature problem with starting at certain times so my mechanic says try putting in new spark plugs becuz the older jeeps need certain spark plugs and he thinks the wrong spark plugs are in the jeep now go platinum not the cheapy ones either.hope this helps,having problems too.
    also found pcm on ebay for you but this is the guy i bought mine off of and i wealed dealed with him he wanted 95 plus shipping so i offered him 80 with him paying for shipping. and he did it.so here is the website to go to,

phttp://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/wegotyourpart/aying
    hello again, i just got an email from ebay member and he wants to know what your pcm number is, he does have one for you 1994 but wants to know what the numbers are and see if they are compatible here is the ebay guys email

eBay Member: oldtowman"

the other webisite i listed for you is the one i actually bought mine from so here is either one that has a 1994 pcm good luck
    Thank you so very much for this information. I will obtain the info and be in touch with him. Thanks again!
  • jenel10jenel10 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 JGC Limited...love it...hit animal and punctured radiator...thank god for comp insurance. Replaced radiator...drove for 20 miles...overheated...fluid pouring out of the bottom. Towed back to the service place...coolant everywhere under the hood. Impellor broke on water pump...coolant backed up in overflow and then sprayed out hose for overflow...replaced everything on the cooling system....driving home tonight...car stalled out....had electrical power to everything.....pulled over...tried to restart....acted as if it was flooded. sat for a few minutes...started up.....Drove another 20 miiles....same thing...tach to zero....had electrical power.....restarted right away....while driving again it jerked and a few minutes later...stalled out. Had got gas and thought it was bad gas....filled tank and added dry gas.....droveit all the way home...stalled pulling in driveway. It acts as if it is not getting enough gas.....any thoughts?
    I am not a mechanic but this sounds like a PCM. My other Jeep had the same issues - replaced gas tank / fuel pump (obviously fuel filter and spark oplugs were also replaced) and the stalling out issue wasnt resolved until the PCM was replaced. Good luck
  • tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    the computer sits right by the overflow tank on this jeep has a big bundle of cables hooked to the computer with bolt in the center of plug in

unhook the battery and remove the plug of wires use clectric cleaner to clean contacts put dilectric greese on contacts put back together should work

think you got antifreeze mix inside conector
    well, replaced the pcm like i said then replaced the throttle position sensor and cleaned throttle body which wasnt that dirty, but that darn jeep only wants to start at certain times,its weird it will start sometimes in the heat but when it gets cold it wont but then other times it starts when its cold out havent replaced spark plugs yet thats the next thing, any thoughts on maybe the fuel pump?i was really trying to avoid the fuel pump replacement idea but might have to.
  • neguyneguy Member Posts: 1
    have you figured out anything yet? i will keep reading more post and see if you found anything but i saw this first and said that sounds like me. my next thing is gonna be the camshaft position sensor.
  • crashbobcrashbob Member Posts: 1
    Hey,

I'm new here and am hoping to get some input to resolve my problem. My inline 6 started misfiring at 35 mph and the check engine light starts blinking on and off. I had the codes checked and all that was indicated was cylinders 1, 3 and 6 were misfiring. Upon resetting the light, the problem went away. Next time I drove it, the misfiring and blinking light came back. Any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks.
    CrashBob
  • gbchallengergbchallenger Member Posts: 1
    i have a 93 5.2 grand cherokee that will not start i replaced coil,crank sensor, cam sensor, had pcm rebuild, no spark at the coil or wires used 2 differnt coils to see if any change bu nothing i had problems with the pcm befor it stoped only about 10 or 15 min running time then you let it site for about 10 min it well restart last week it started to do it all over again and died on the fwy so i checked crank sensor and cam sensor and replaced but still nothing can any body tell me what to do i had a mechanic look at it and he says he think it is the pcm even if i had it rebuild
    I'm not a mechanic but I would agree with his assessment. I had a rebuilt PCM that also needed replacement. Good luck
  • jeffwtuttlejeffwtuttle Member Posts: 15
    Hello everyone again. Well after much to do with my 93 jgc my son wanted to get his own but of course do me one better so he got the 5.9 jgc. Great Jeep until a few days ago. He went 4x4ing with it and it started to sputter then died. At first I thought "this will be easy, just some water in the dist". Well he got it home and I found no spark from the coil to the dist. Well easy replace the coil? Ya right, did that and still no spark. Well after going thru all this with my 93 the first thought is the camshaft ps. Replaced that and still no spark out of the coil. PCM..easy my sister has a 5.9 also and stole the PCM out of it and still no spark..I know what your thinking maybe mine was bad. I put it in her Jeep and it ran fine. Darn it I thought, lets try all the relays so one by one I took them off her jeep and replaced it with the one from my sons Jeep. Nothing again I have no spark.

So after all this I am at a loss here. Can anyone give me another idea on where to go from here? Again I have a running 5.9 to swap parts from and to check my parts with to be sure if its working...So please anyone have somewhere to go?

The only other thing I was thinking was a crankshaft ps..but is that any different from the camshaft ps? If so where is it located?

Thanks so much in advance,
    Jeff...and son.
  • cthessingcthessing Member Posts: 1
    Guidance needed - My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L V8Hemi is beginning to seem possessed. Either during driving or upon starting, the entire electrical systems blinks a time or two and then completely shuts down. I can strill drive but no guages, air conditioning or lights (inside or out). Could this be an easy fix with a new powertrain control module? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    C
  • kjarrikjarri Member Posts: 1
    Hi. vhen i swits on it not start but if im whaitin for som sekond the chec engin kom on an the auto shut down raily klikk an then the ligt go of an i can start and its ok,
    pleas post som ideas.

rigard. Kjarri
  • tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    i would replace the ignition switch first as that is a lot cheaper than a pcm
  • mrspeed3mrspeed3 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    I was jump starting my JGC Laredo at night when the postive cable hit the negative post momentarily causing a significant spark. I then tried to start it but got the check engine and sentry lights that never extingushed. Gauges on instrument cluster also went wacky. I checked all fuses and they are fine. From what Ive read it sounds like the PCM may have been damaged. I took it out and want to order a used one off of ebay however is this the only potential solution? Will a Jeep dealership have to reprogram the 'new' PCM? Thanks
  • floridiotfloridiot Member Posts: 3
    you can buy recond PCMs from several dealers on ebay. Furnish VIN,current
    miles,and old PCM model number. They range from 165.00 to 250.00 and have
    lifetime warrenty. They are plug and play,no trips to dealer etc and have phone
    numbers if you need guidence
  • floridiotfloridiot Member Posts: 3
    Engine turned over great. Gas gauge lite on but knew had 1/4 +. SKIM lite on,ck gauges on,ck engine on. COULD NOT LINK TO PCM. Repair shop said PCM bad.
    They wanted 1000.00 to replace. Furnished VIN,miles & PCM Mdl num to ebay dealer. Got it overnite,free shipping. Installed with same results. Saw msg here about Crankcase Position Sensor so I found the connector(located on right side of
    engine near pan-block join by xmission ck tube) and disconnected conn. Gas lite out and showed correct gas,SKIM lite out,gauge and ck eng on but should be. Could now link to PCM.
    New CPS @ AutoZone $46.00. Installed(A MAJOR PAIN because of space)-disc shift link & bracket first and small hands help. Started and runs fine(leave run for 10 plus minute so PCM reads all inputs)
    Repair shop no can find in fac bull. All is well.Thanks to advice from forum
  • napagirlnapagirl Member Posts: 6
    Cthessing: Please tell me if you fixed this problem as I am having the EXACT problem. It is dangerous driving with no brake lights/signal lights. And it is intermittent, dealer could not recreate the fault. We are gonna switch the ignition switch first, and then the very expensive PCM.
  • jeepers19jeepers19 Member Posts: 13
    Cthessing & napagirl, I had similar issues in my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Limited, 5.7L. The inside panel lights would flicker on and off, A/C would work intermitently, wipers would come on and off on their own without rain, sometimes car wouldn't start, I would have to remove the key, re-insert and try again, it would shift roughly in and out of MDS, etc...basically the truck acted like it was possessed by Gremlins. My husband unplugged the negative battery cable for 20 minutes to allow the ECM to re-set and the car has been driving like new ever since. All of the electrical issues have disappeared. It might not be the cure for your vehicle too, but is an easy fix to try out.
    Thanks for the reply, Jeepers 19. We did just that to get the car to reset (disconn battery), but the problem would start up again intermittently. Was advised by a Jeep Mechanic online to replace the ignition switch (which we did ourselves- $45 vs $200 @ dealer). It has been about 10 days since we swapped it, and I have had no problems so far. I am assuming that was the fix (hopefully). According to the mechanic online, this is a common problem with the jeeps, and the swtich sends out low voltages to the accessories, and if there is a short, then the accessories can stop working. This is what would happen to us... things would stop working until we reset by disconnecting the battery. Then it would eventually do it again. We never experienced things coming on crazily like some others on this board did.

If ignition switch wasn't the problem, the online mechanic recommended flashing and/or replacing the PCM next.
  • jeepers19jeepers19 Member Posts: 13
    I hope the ignition switch was the cure for your Jeep. Let me know if it does the trick and I'll replace mine. I know my battery disconnect was probably just a fly by night kinda fix. My JGC still seems to be running perfectly smooth after a month, but we'll see how long it lasts. After reading about all of the electrical issues people in this forum are having with their JGCs, I am tempted to just trade mine in. I would hate to do it because I really love the vehicle, but I'm afraid to take any chances with it on a road trip. You just never know when the electrical issues might resurface.
    It has been over 3wks and all is well :-) Ignition switch seems to have cured my problem, but my things happened when turning jeep ON. see my original post which was very specific.

If not your problem, try having the PCM (power train control module) reflashed or replaced (expensive).

That's my only advice re: online mechanic I paid and consulted. He indicated for my specific problem to do ignition switch first, and it seems to have worked.

It was a $45 part, and my husband replaced it in an hour. dealer wanted ~200.
  • trailrider4x4trailrider4x4 Member Posts: 2
    So I purchased a 2005 JGC Laredo about 3 months ago with 49k miles. Since then (now 52k), i have had the passenger-side power outlet replaced (blown fuse) and more recently, the CD player has ceased to work. (the radio still works). The dealership has determined that the CD module has had a "system failure" and that was the only code to appear throughout the Jeep. Also when driving, all the dashboard lights will turn on and off (about 3 times). In the meantime, the speedo and rev meter are going from the normal to 0 and back and forth. But the performance doesnt change. The dealership cant reproduce the e same problem ehter. Also the my JGC starts up on the 2-3rd start and not the first anymore. Does anyone know what is going on with my JGC!?!
  • jeeplover12jeeplover12 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Jeep Cherokee. Have same problem as many postings -- Dashboards icons flicker and outside lights flicker intermittently since Nov '08. I've recently replace the PCM but after the Instrument Cluster twice, a battery and an alternator. I'm STILL having problems AND the flashing as escalated at night with the dashboard and lights staying in the off mode Longer. I'm SCARED now and this is final attempt to get any suggestions for what to do next !!
    Please Help !!
  • trailrider4x4trailrider4x4 Member Posts: 2
    So, I've been there before. Good news though, since my last post I have had the problem fixed with the dashboard lights (knock on wood). I did a little research on my own and decided to have the dealership check for a code that doesnt appear on the computer unless they search for it. I had them search the code for the "ignition switch". The code came up and they said that it needed to be replaced. After they replaced the ignition switch, my Jeep has been running great. Hope this helps, its not too expensive but worth a try. Good luck.
  • kingshorseskingshorses Member Posts: 1
    Ok guys I'm a 50 years old mechanic. 30 years in my SON bought a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee laredo omg any way running like it had a demon in it.
    we first changed the fuel pump that was bad then looked like it had 4 lbs of mud in it. Cleaned the injectors checked for codes still same problem. Recently the distributer had been r&r new. code 320 replaced the Crank sensor. it started and ran better. But ruff idle, Then a noise started in the distributer but all of a sudden it was running better HUH? Changing the distrib in a few min. Maybe I should leave the noise alone. Auto Zone distrib hint hint... By a Chevy next time!
  • mandm4mandm4 Member Posts: 7
    Just got done replaceing the head gaskets on my 2000 JGC 4.7. everything went fine. after all was done my ac compressor is not coming on. check all conectors. disconnect the ac switch and jump it compressor came on. replaced the ac compressor switch. still not working. did not disconect any of the ac system when doing the heads. plus check all fuses in the engine comparment. good. is there something else that i am missing, besides replacing the computer, because i think that would be the next thing. any help would be cool thank you
  • talkjeeptalkjeep Member Posts: 1
    One month ago, my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee would not turnover to start. Had it towed to local jeep dealership. Diagnosed as a bad Power Train Control Module, to be replaced under warranty. Part has been on backorder for one month without any restocking date from "their vendor." Told by their Parts Dept that there are 43 other customers nationwide awaiting this after market part. They have no idea when it will be restocked. Fought for 2 weeks to get them to pay for a loaner/rental car. They OK'd and are paying for a stripped down Dodge Nitro that is a back killer to drive. Every week I call - they say there is NO RESTOCK DATE. I offered to let them keep my jeep as a trade in at Kelly Blue Book trade in value, plus the cash difference that I could afford to buy a new 2011 JGC with the comparable upgrades. They wouldn't accept my offer (a few thousand shy of their bottom line). My two questions:

1. What are my rights (their obligations) since they are not honoring their warranty; they can't tell me when, if ever, they will be able to get the PCM Module to replace it; and I can't use the car in its inoperable condition as a trade-in on any other makes if I choose not to buy another jeep???? Note: the Jeep District Manager refuses to meet with me to discuss the situation.
    2. At this point, if they can't get the part, and since no one at Chrysler corporate will help, how can I get them to buy me out at the Kelly Blue Book trade in value so I can shop for another vehicle make?
  • jgcguy77jgcguy77 Member Posts: 1
    talkjeep....I hear you...I am so frustrated with my Jeep GC 94. I am on my 4th PCM. I love my Jeep and have from the minute i saw and bought it used 10 yrs ago....I cant begin to explain how angry I have been when ever the PCM has failed. Im not positive but it seems alot of the issues have been caused by an electrical short somewhere. In my case it apparently was the wiring harness in the drivers front door and it doesnt take much of a short to cause the PCMs to get fried. I too would like to be rid of the problems, but finances wont allow so I have to gamble on yet another PCM. I wish there was some legal way to have Chrysler go good for all this mayhem....As you know by the apparent runaround that you have been through, the dealers(or most of them) are terrible at looking after honest customers. I wonder how many of us there are.??!! to all of us going or gone through this...good luck!!
    N.
  • tmoney9999tmoney9999 Member Posts: 1
    My 2003 JGC power windows and locks will not work only when it is below freezing. After the vehicle warms up they work fine. When you work the switch there is not even any sound from a motor. Nothing. Anybody have this problem or know what to check or how to fix it?
  • iamjeepiamjeep Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    2011 Jeep Overland purchased end of March and in less than 3 weeks air suspension went up. the suv height set way up. Has this happen to anyone did it reoccur after they replaced
    computer chip
  • rgarmonrgarmon Member Posts: 9
    Hi Jeff,

Hopefully you are still on this site. I have major problems with my 2001 JEEP Grand Cherokee. It first started a few months ago while driving, the JEEP would jolt as though it was trying to cut off. After a month of that it did start cutting off while driving and at stop signs/lights. I would have to put the car into neutral and restart- while driving!!! After about 2 months of this it would not start easily, or it would start and cut off within 10 seconds. After this it totally died and I had to replace the battery. So, after I replaced the battery the JEEP started, but still with the same problems listed above. Additionally, there are other things going on that I believe are related: the speedometer fluctuates up and down, the digital gas reading fluctuates- it will say 100 miles to empty then 0 miles to empty then 24 miles to empty and so on. Not sure if these are all related. Additionally, I had the altinator tested and it was 13.5 (kind of low).

The dealership ran diagnostics, but couldn't get a reading because they said "it would fix itself and no codes would come up."

Now they are telling me to replace the PCM. They want $900 total! I have already put so much into this JEEP to no avail. After reading some of these posts I am wondering if it may just be a coil? Please help. I need to know what questions to ask these jokers- like did they test for spark??? Please give me some ideas and maybe a list of questions to ask the dealer to see what they did to determine that it is the PCM.

Thanks!!!
    Hopefully you are still on this site. I have major problems with my 2001 JEEP Grand Cherokee. It first started a few months ago while driving, the JEEP would jolt as though it was trying to cut off. After a month of that it did start cutting off while driving and at stop signs/lights. I would have to put the car into neutral and restart- while driving!!! After about 2 months of this it would not start easily, or it would start and cut off within 10 seconds. After this it totally died and I had to replace the battery. So, after I replaced the battery the JEEP started, but still with the same problems listed above. Additionally, there are other things going on that I believe are related: the speedometer fluctuates up and down, the digital gas reading fluctuates- it will say 100 miles to empty then 0 miles to empty then 24 miles to empty and so on. Not sure if these are all related. Additionally, I had the altinator tested and it was 13.5 (kind of low).

The dealership ran diagnostics, but couldn't get a reading because they said "it would fix itself and no codes would come up."

Now they are telling me to replace the PCM. They want $900 total! I have already put so much into this JEEP to no avail. After reading some of these posts I am wondering if it may just be a coil? Please help. I need to know what questions to ask these jokers- like did they test for spark??? Please give me some ideas and maybe a list of questions to ask the dealer to see what they did to determine that it is the PCM.

Thanks!!!
    Hi

Please tell me what sensor you had replaced???

Thanks!!!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I'm here. But fortunately for you, lots of people with experience fixing Jeeps are here too. :)

Checking the battery connections everywhere, including the firewall or wherever they terminate may help. But I'm no mechanic.
  • grizz4grizz4 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a used ( around 53,000K) 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokeeoff at a lot, have just over a 100k on it now and had nothing but problems. Everything from hard downshift at around 40kmh (have had transmission flashed twice now), wiring failing to rear passenger side window, rear seal on driver side leaking and now the lights, dash and (rear included as are trailer plug) are flickering and acting "possesed". Very obvious this vehicle has many flaws that are common to all of this year and more...yet the buyer of them has to foot the bill instead of a "Great" north american vehicle manufacturer stepping up and admitting problems and fixing them as a responsible manufacturer should....warranty or not. For the money this vehicle was brand new on lot ( just over $45k) and only being 6 years old I am blown away by the "North American Heep" it is...is it any wonder why people buy import?? And I have spent thousands more on this vehicle then I did on my Mazda MPV (2003) which I retired only because I had put over 200k on it and the only thing other than regular maintenance (brakes, engine oil and transmission oil service) that needed done in that time was a repack of a front wheel hub! Sorry Chrysler/Jeep I will never buy another and I love telling people about my 2005 "Heep"!! If I detour one purchase of this vehicle I will be a much happier man...but honestly I think it may be more ;-)
  • scottconradscottconrad Member Posts: 1
    my wife's jeep just suddenly wont start. has juice but no spark at coil replaced ignition coil and still no spark will replace module next after reading a lot of other problems i think its a short somewhere and bad pcm( whatever that is ) because we have speakers in the door that were installed after market and they hang on just by the wires and each one is different one is horizontal and the other vertical screwed in with drywall screws just want to know if that is a good answer to my problem (just need a little help([email protected])
  • erm1974erm1974 Member Posts: 3
    the first part of your problem sounds like the crankshaft position sensor i was having the same problem and guess what..it's fairly easy to replace..the second check all the wiring on the drivers door for shorts for some reason when you short one of the wires on that door the gauges do that on most and check the relay under the drivers side dash over the fuse box it's not easy to get to but there are a few there and i'm not sure the correct on but a friend told me one of the relays go to the gauges and can cause that..good luck..hope anything helped..
  • erm1974erm1974 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Every one I could really use help.
    My jeep is turning over great but wont start. One day my Girlfriend went to start it and it turned over Ok but the cells in the batt were kinda shot and it just did not want to start. I knew the batt was going so I replaced with new one and it turn over great and I'm waiting for it to start and nothing just turning over great. I went through the Haynes check list and went step by step and the only thing that I seem to have wrong so far is the wire harness going to the coil rail when you turn the key on position but not try to start it charges the line to 12.8 volts and then dies right back to zero.. The book said it should stay at the 12 volts and if not check the auto shutdown relay well I have looked and I can not find it I thought it was on the engine fuse block and then under the steering wheel located over the fuse box and none of those relays seem to go to the coil rail wire harness. Oh and if it matters the alarm was not working correct right after the batt was changed but seems to be working fine now. If any one has dealt with this or knows what to do or has another good reason I should be looking at something else I would be grateful for any thoughts you had or pointers I just cant afford to throw more money into this jeep and it's still has a loan on it so I could really use some help. Even catch me at my email. I don't care at this point [email protected] subject Edmunds jeep help..Thanks every one..Will also check in here.
  • bhunleybhunley Member Posts: 3
    crank shaft sensor. i just had the same exact problem with mine. took forever to figure out because like yours it wasnt throwing off any codes
  • nitronorm1nitronorm1 Member Posts: 2
    hey I hope this helps I had the same thing I feel you need to take the PCM out and send it to SIA to have it rebuilt they will find moisture in it and they will give it an update so the Jeep runs stronger Head office Florida and it will be sent to Tilden Ill. they did a great job for me the dealer I went to Demeyers in Simcoe ontario had no idea and charged me 900 bucks and I had to tow it home and fix it myself
  • vinettavinetta Member Posts: 5
    what is sia