Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Edge Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi again jgriffs. The lease rate and residual value that you were quoted for the Edge that you are interested in are right in line with Ford Credit's program for it. The selling price looks reasonable as well. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dsnj06dsnj06 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Can you supply money factor and residual for 08 Ford Edge limited AWD lease for 12k per year

Thanks
  • mrg6mrg6 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at an Edge also and have X-plan pricing. 2008 Edge AWD Limited with a trailer/tow, power lift gate, Sirius system and the rear cargo mgmt. MSRP is $34,155. Here's the details that the dealer (Apple Valley Ford in MN) is offering. Does this sound like it's inline with your figures?

X-plan price: $32,432
    Rebate: $1,750
    Money factor 3.5
    $50 dealer fee
    Sales tax is 7%
    I have $1200 from my current lease to pay
    $600 will be paid down
    Their payment is $565.30/month.

Thanks for your help.
  • noles200noles200 Member Posts: 49
    Is there anyway to tell what the current Ford lease rate is? I see in post #410 the money factor is 3.5. If that's a "money factor" it equates to 8.4% interest. I don't think I'd ever pay that in this day and age of falling interest rates.

I had a dealer quote me a money factor of .00225 (2.25) for 36 months which is 5.4%. I think that is still pretty high considering a 60 month loan is 3.9%.

Is there anywhere we can find out a typical interest rate for Ford, for someone with credit rating over 700 (I've read many places that anything above that gets best rates).
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    Ford uses APR in their leases, not money factors. If a dealer is quoting you a money factor they are doing something wrong or more likely, trying to pull a fast one on you. The current Ford "lease rate" is 0.75%. That would be a money factor of 0.0003125. It's not hard to qualify for the best rates from Ford. I have been doing so since I was 18 years old. I think they are the most credit friendly credit company ever, in my opinion.
    Hi dsnj06. You never mentioned how long you want to lease the Edge that you are interested in for, so for now I will give you the details of its 36 month lease program. Let me know if you want a different term. ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 52%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 2.0% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00083.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mrg6. You're fortunate to have access to Ford's X-Plan. It should guarantee you an attractive selling price on the Edge that you want without having to haggle. The lease rate that you were quoted seems slightly high though. the last time that I checked, Ford Credit's base lease rate for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Edge was only 2.0%. Make sure to double check the lease rate that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
  • simz1simz1 Member Posts: 1
    Im in the market to lease a Limited Edge AWD loaded with Nav, 20inch wheel package, sunroof, basically every option except the entertainment system. The sticker was appx. 39,000. The lease was 12k miles per year, $2,000 total out of pocket at signing for $459.00 per month. Maintenance for 3 years included. Im in NJ and this was the best price I got out of 2 dealerships ive been to.
  • ribbonkingribbonking Member Posts: 24
    Hello again, Carman. Please provide MF and Residual for 24 month, 15k miles. Current lease cash program, too. Not sure if its $1,250 or $1,750 lease cash. Thanks very much.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    He will need to know where you live as these factors vary by geography. Have you tried asking your dealer what these numbers are? You can get the lease cash numbers from the Ford web site as well as suggested lease numbers. I found that most dealers will give you the information you are asking for if you approach them in the right way and they know you are serious about leasing a car. Many will provide this information via e-mail. Since Car Man has to try to cover all the Edmunds boards, it can take time before he can get back with a response. I always got the numbers from the dealers then waited to see if Car Man confirmed them.
  • syrahsyrah Member Posts: 9
    Here is what my local Tampa, FL car dealer is offering me on a '08 Edge Limited, vista roof, navigation system,pwr liftgate,20" wheels, sat radio. How does it sound?
    3yr lease, 15k per year

MSRP=36,380
    Sale Price=31,508
    Lease Rate=2.00
    Residual = 49%
    Aquisition Fee= 595
    Payment incl fees & Tax = 35 payments of $515.45

thanks in advance......
    Hey ribbonking. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Ford Edge Limited 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.75% and 57%. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. The lease cash that is available on this truck varies by region. I need you to tell me what state you are in to give you an accurate idea of what it is in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi syrah. The dealer invoice price of the vehicle that you described is probably around $33,900. Plus Ford is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this model through Ford Credit. This drops the invoice down to around $32,000. The selling price that you were quoted looks excellent to me. The lease rate looks good, too. If you like the Edge, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • eric0476eric0476 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 08 SEL AWD that has the premium package (leather), roof, & SYNC. I have 7 payments left on my 06 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Ford is paying 2 dealership is paying 3 for me. $1200 (2 payments) will be rolled into the new lease. Here is their best price:
    $4000.00 down
    $459/month
    36 months/ 12K

Is this a good deal or should I be able to get a smaller down payment?
  • mudbug90mudbug90 Member Posts: 1
    I just left a dealership in Smithtown Long Island, the deal was for an SEL with leather and the Vista roof. included in my deal was the money for my last 3 payments on my G35X = $1,200.00
    On the SEL Vista w/ leather AWD $425.00 x 36 with $2,000 TOTAL OUT OF POCKET
    On the SEL w/ leather AWD $389.00 with $2,000 TOTAL OUT OF POCKET

I said to the salesman this makes no scence where is the money for the lease on my Infinity? If I give you $2,000 are you giving me $1,200? or do we deduct that from the $2,000???? Making me owe you $800.00? He said it is already included in the price.... Whatever..... I walked. The deal was prety good. But for te heck of it I checked out a Lincoln MkZ AWD, I realize this is a car, the price tag was $2,800 more that the Egde and the deal was $379 per month x 39 months, with TAX out of pocket... nothing else... Tax roughly $1,200.... I know it is 3 months longer which is another $1,000 but if you ad that in to the $1,200. and drop it to 36 months, the deal is $379 x 36 with $2200 total out of pocket. THE TRICK HERE IS TO HAVE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE OUT OF POCKET. Incase you total the car the money out of pocket is gone forever. Not insured, and not well spent.
  • westham999westham999 Member Posts: 5
    I have until Saturday 4/19 to close this deal:
    2008 AWD-LMTD Black. 36 months; 10.5K per year;
    Leather; Vista; Nav; 20" wheels; X-PLAN Price;
    $1600 out-of-pocket. $505per month.
    All comments and advice welcome.
  • bg1811bg1811 Member Posts: 5
    Car Man. I don't understand the various terms such as money factor, lease rates, etc. Is there any way you can give an example of a Edge with a MSRP of 34,000 and what you times what times what divided by and so forth. I need an example of these various terms used in an example. Thanks. I'm interested in an Edge for my wife but I'm having difficulty in using all this info.
  • raloraralora Member Posts: 233
    Car Man,

I need May's lease & RV for the following: Ford Edge Limited 36/mo. lease term
    15,000 miles/yr.

Thanks,
    RL
    Hi Eric. $4,000 is way too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings bg1811. It sounds like you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Once you have read them, let me know if you have any specific questions about leasing an Edge.

Car_man
    Host
  • lunchmeatslunchmeats Member Posts: 9
    Did you do a deal if so what was the bottom line. I am shopping for a similar car can you e-mail the dealer and sales person.

Thanks
    Ivan
    Here's the info that you're looking for, ralora. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Edge Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 47%, respectively in most areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • jga638jga638 Member Posts: 1
    Does this appear to be a good offer:

MSRP 32,305

Options: Mats 55
    Vista Roof 1495
    Pwr Liftgate 490
    Cargo Mgt 65
    Sirius 195
    Destination 705

Total 35,310

Total Out-of-Pocket $2000
    12,000 miles/yr
    $450/month

I ran the numbers and it looks good as far as I could tell, but I would like to hear from others -I haven't leased/bought in many years. Opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • dirtballdirtball Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

This is my first time posting here, so forgive me if I say things incorrectly.
    I was offered this by a dealer in Southfield (metro Detroit), Michigan:

2008 Ford Edge SEL FWD
    Options: Sync; Audiophile System; Panoramic Roof; Sirius; Cloth interior...
    MSRP 31410.00
    Price 28601.65
    Adjusted price w/A Plan and Ford Loyalty - $25601.65
    36-month lease; 15,000/year
    Residual - .46
    Money Factor .0009375 (2.25% APR)
    $616 due at signing including 1st pymt
    Monthly Payment $ 388.32

My question is, does this sound like a good deal? By my calculations using the Money factor and resid, I come up with a bottom line payment of $367.04 with tax.
    It seems alright to me, but - - - I just want to be sure, since you're the experts. Has anyone gotten any better pricing? Should I haggle for lower payments?

Thanks in advance for your input!
  • wufibugwufibug Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

My wife and I have been looking into an Edge for quite some time and we're thinking about pulling the trigger this weekend.

Specs are as follows:

2008 SEL
    Vista Roof
    Blk Leather
    Cargo Management
    Power Liftgate
    Power fold down seats
    Sync
    18" Chromes

We're in San Diego, CA 92122.

The local dealer has one in Vapor Silver. We didn't get into invoice, but...

sticker was $31,770...

He quoted us:

$2750 in rebates

$2,000 down, $299 per month, 36 months, 15k

This was without running our credit and using the xplan that my wife gets through work. When I told him I didn't want to put anything down, he said it depended on my credit -- maybe a safety deposit?? He also said that for every $750 less I put down my monthly payment goes up $20.

My wife and I both have decent credit, seven hundred and change. Do you think we'll qualify for the Red Carpet low lease rate? If so, what % is that? Residual?

Thanks in advance,
    wufibug
  • baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    Hi Car man,
    We're looking for the lease info on a 2008 Edge SEL or Limited in the Pittsburgh, PA area. We can do 10,500 miles per year for 24, 36, or 39 months. MSRP of the Limited we like is $36,140 and we have not negotiated a price yet. We're still in the info gathering phase so if you can give us an idea of a monthly payment it would be appreciated too. $34,965 is the MSRP of the SEL we like if that helps any.
    No one is replying out of kindness. In a word......no.
    That is a pretty good deal. Some thoughts though....

1. Never put money down on a lease. If you total it driving it off the lot you are out that $2,000. Put that money in the bank and pay your slightly higher monthly payment with it.

2. If it is a FWD Edge SEL and the current residual is 46% and MF is 2.25% then the dealer gave you an additional (approx.) $2500 off sticker plus rebates and your down payment. That is a pretty good deal but you could probably do better. The new incentives come out 6/30. I'd wait it out if possible. The deals will only get sweeter as the new model delivery date gets closer.

I got $350 per month, nothing down on a SEL MSRP $33K. They need your business more than you need a car this week. Wait until after 6/30 or let them come down even more on sticker.
    Hi baggs32. Let's work up a lease payment on this vehicle for you and see what we come up with. You never mentioned its selling price, so for now I will assume that you will be able to get a $2,000 dealer discount plus the $1,750 lease cash that is available on it in your area. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD that has an MSRP of $34,965 and a selling price of $31,215 through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 10,500 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $443. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease would be around $428. The 39 month payment would be $420.

Car_man
    Host
  • madden01madden01 Member Posts: 1
    Recent quote: Edge Limited AWD - Loaded - MSRP 38,520

Lease deal I was recently quoted in NJ is $250 under X-plan price - selling price was $35,900 - before 3,000 rebates (inclduing FMCC rebate).
    36 month - 15K miles a year
    Residual - 47% or 18,104
    APR was 2.25 or .000933 money factor
    Sales tax number looked a little high at $1,501. Is sales tax in NJ (7%) calculated off the selling price less residual or off MSRP less residual?
    Monthly payment - $498 all in.
    Money down was $1,617 which only included first month payment, doc and motor vehicle fees and bank acquisition fee of $595.

Let me know your thoughts on the deal? Is it possible to get bank fee removed? Should I wait till end of month to get better deal...Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    If you negotiated a selling price of $32,900 and could qualify for the 4.9% financing through Ford for 72 months your payment would be $528. Only $30 more and you would OWN IT.

Don't lease this car for $500 per month. You could lease a BMW X3 for $475 easily. Take the traditional loan or walk away.
  • cobrakaicobrakai Member Posts: 2
    I am hoping you can post the June money factor's and residuals for an 08 SEL Edge.
    24,36 or 39 mos
    10,500 miles a year.
    Thanks in advance for your very valuable service.
  • njblokenjbloke Member Posts: 6
    My parents are interested in leasing a 2008 Ford Edge SEL - no options. The MSRP is 29,020 with destination, and the invoice is 25,076 (inc. the 2K cash back). Are there any other incentives in the NY/NJ region, and should they aim for a price of less then the 25,076?

Please advise what the residual and money factor are for a 3 year, 36K mile lease. if you know July's rates that would be helpful too.

They are getting quotes of around 410/month (all-in), but I believe this seems high compared to what I've read on this forum. Thanks again...
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who just purchased a new Ford Edge within the past six months and whether it had anything to do with gas prices. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at [email protected] with your daytime contact information no later than June 23, 2008.
  • daddyjakesdaddyjakes Member Posts: 14
    I am fairly new to leasing and this may be basic to many but I need some help understanding. Northern NJ.

MSRP 32425
    Resid 49% for 12k a year lease
    MF said it was 2%
    doc 149
    MV 416
    Bank 595

He said there was 2k and 1k in incentives, I assumed that 3k would take the car down to 29,425 before I negotiate. I tried to start at invoice go from there. He said 31,000 is a great deal. Shouldn't the 3k in incentives start me under 30k? He said with 2k down he could for 400 a month. Shouldn't the agreed upon price be lower?

Thanks in advance
  • awinnerawinner Member Posts: 27
    Here is what the dealer emailed me directly for the Edge 2008 SEL. "Sun and Sync" package w/ power lift/18" chrome wheels/cargo maintenence...I think the MSRP was 34,200 less 2 discounts in showed on sticker, so it then said $32,400. I think this is a little high....1st they said they would still honor Sun and Sync package...as they still advertise this on TV...so he said it was 279/month, total d/o 2100...but then this is what he sent me.....the audi A4...it looking better by the minute.

Ok, here is the breakdown:

36 month lease
    12k miles per year
    $3645 combined rebate
    Gap Insurance Incl (Comes in Fords Red Carpet Lease program)
    $2953.87 customer cash including drive off
    $354.20 including tax
    $15,986.40 purchase option at end of lease

36 month lease
    12k miles per year
    $3645 combined rebate
    Gap Insurance Incl
    $3948.27 customer cash including drive off
    $324.82 including tax
    $15,986.40 purchase option at end of lease

24 Month Lease
    12k miles per year
    $3645 Combined rebate
    Gap Insurance Incl
    $2956.87 customer cash including drive off
    $330.78 Including tax
    $19316.90 Purchase option at end of lease

24 Month Lease
    12k miles per year
    $3645 Combined rebate
    Gap Insurance Incl
    $3978.32 customer cash including drive off
    $287.78 Including tax
    $19316.90 Purchase option at end of lease

Sorry for the delay Andrew. I've been quite busy today! Hopefully this is informative and if you have any questions, please let me know. As you can see, the two year program is very, very good. I wouldn't see any need to go to a three year term since it is not saving you any money. Can't beat those payments for that car though!
  • awinnerawinner Member Posts: 27
    could you please tell me the name of the dealership you got the car from...sounds like a good deal.
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    As with nearly any Ford vehicle, the best strategy is to go to a high volume dealer and assume you can AT LEAST get $500-$1000 under X-Plan price plus alll rebates.

You can go to www.fordpartner.com and type in the code DAVET to figure out X-Plan pricing. It will allow you to search your local dealer's lot and will tell you the exact X-Plan pricing. I would make an outlandishly low offer at first (around $5,000 under sticker and then add rebates) and gauge the salesman's reaction. Eventually you will get to middle ground.

Remember, they need to sell you a car more than you need to buy a car.
    Hi cobrakai. In most regions, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Ford Edge SEL AWD with 10,500 miles per year are 0.75% and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 2.25% and 50%. The 39 month numbers are 2.5% and 48%. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, njbloke. In your area, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Edge SEL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 49%, respectively. In addition to the $2,000 lease cash that you mentioned, I believe that Ford is also providing $1,000 bonus cash on deals through Ford Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi daddyjakes. You've got the right idea. Forget about the cash incentives at first and negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the Edge that you want. Given the current dismal state of the auto industry, I don't think that you will have any trouble getting an Edge in your area for dealer invoice and then have the dealer subtract the available cash incentives from that. You can look up the dealer invoice price of the exact truck that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • bg516bg516 Member Posts: 15
    i looked up the x price and used it for a price at the dealer, but they asked for a pin number to give me the price, of course what do i know about pin numbers. any advice, so i can use your great informatiton and get the deal?

barry
    spoke to my ford dealer, they want a pin number for an xplan price, problem is that i am now retired and do not have one.

does anyone have a pin number that i can use??

thank you
    bg
  • cusamanocusamano Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man
    We're looking for lease info on a 2008 Edge Limited in Miami, FL. 10,500 miles p/yr for 39 months. We have negotiated a price of $29,995 can you give us an idea of what monthly payment we should be looking at either with zero down or with $800 down. Thanks
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    Refer to my previous message about using the code to log in to the Ford Partner web site. There it will say, "GENERATE PIN." You can then enter in your info to generate a pin. NOTE: They may still ask you for proof of membership to the organization that is assigned to that particular code. DAVET is the code assigned to members of the Disabled American Veterans organization.

My second response is why are you talking to that dealer if they won't go under X-Plan? Ask them to give you under X-Plan or walk away.
    thank you, i am a member of the disabled american vets, so i hopefully will be able to get one.

barry
    i am buying a volvo, they do give a better price with the xprice. i don't know why, but they are able to do a better deal.
    i went ahead and sent it to them

thank you again, you really helped me out,
    the only question is will there be gas in a few months to buy at any price, i am old and recall the 70's when i had to go every other day and wait in line to buy a whole 8 or 9 gallons of gas. I will live the the poor fuel milage this last time around, but i am worried about getting it. Now that i am retired, i only drive the truck (SUV) about 500 a miles a month.

thanks
    barry
  • daddyjakesdaddyjakes Member Posts: 14
    Car_man

Thanks for the reply and the advice. I went today and got down to invoice fairly easy but when I mentioned the cash back incentive it didn't really change anything. Just so I am clear, if get the price down to 28k and there is 3k of incentives, the price should be near or at 25k right? Would or should the incentive take me well below invoice?

Thanks in advance
    You're very welcome, daddyjakes. Yes, to truly get the Edge that you are interested in for dealer invoice you would have to pay $2,250 to $2,750 (the regional lease cash that is currently available on this truck below invoice).

Car_man
    Host
  • topps9898topps9898 Member Posts: 19
    Hi all,

First time post; a newbie to both this forum and car buying. I need some help and this looks like the right place.

I am looking to lease a new ford edge, I am just interested in the sel AWD with the Vista roof. I want a 3yr lease at 12k per year and was hoping to stay around 300 per month.

My dealer is offering me a Dealer Demo with 3600 miles on it. It is a limited with voice navigation, sirius, matts and the vista roof. Leasing a Demo doesnt bother me as much because it is a lease and I will give it back.

Below are the details

3 yr lease $3500 down 12K miles per yr

"Dealers terms"
    The money factor is 2. The doc fees are $125 and the Motor vehicle fees are approximately $421.70. The tax is $1195.96. There is no security deposit and Gap insurance is automatically included. The residual for three years at 12,000 miles per year is 47%. The monthly payment for two years was $209 and the payment for three years would be $336.

Dealer
    Standard Price $32,305.00
    RUBBER MATS $55.00
    Vista Roof $1,495.00
    Navigation $1,995.00
    Sirius $195.00
    Destination & Delivery $705.00
    MSRP $36,750.00

Rebates $3,500.00
    $33,250.00
    Demo/Dealer Discount $1,140.00
    Price $32,110.00

This seems a bit high. I definetely think that a car with 3600 miles on it should be coming with a much larger discount then $1140. Can anyone give me some advice on this deal and how I should negotiate going forward. Fords rebates end on 7/31 and I am hoping to make a decision by then. Thanks in advance for your help.
This discussion has been closed.