Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Edge Lease Questions

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Price the lease at 36 months -- no need for a extra warranty and you won't have to pay car registration at 36 months for the year when you only have it for 3 months
  • cey1cey1 Member Posts: 2
    What city are you in?? I have been quoted over $500 a month for a similar lease with Z plan pricing. Does your price include a down payment?
  • rockymtnwulfrockymtnwulf Member Posts: 4
    A and Z Plan pricing is a tad better than X Plan pricing.
    No money down.
    Rebates are applicable just like X Plan pricing.
    Sales tax is 6% here.

I called the dealership and told them to forget it. I just don't get it, the way the market is - why are they still playing their damn games. It is getting annoying.

This dealership is about 40 miles from me. There is a dealership extremely...A LOT closer - a couple of miles away. I went to them first and I was told...

A Ford Edge lease is approximately $700 - $800 per month. They told me it is that high because Ford is not in the leasing business and rather you finance the vehicle than lease. So Ford keeps their lease rates high to prevent people from leasing.

WTF?!?!

I have a car - a fairly new one. I want (don't need) a bigger and more comfortable ride. The Edge met my needs but I will not play their games and I really don't feel like playing these games anymore.
    The same with me - $536 is the lowest I have been quoted.
    Did you put any money down?

Was any extras thrown in such as Wear Care, Acquisition Fee?
  • wnukwnuk Member Posts: 40
    rockymtnwulf:

Just by getting rid of the wear care and using 6% sales tax I come up with a payment of $481.17 per month. Funny you should mention about the first Ford dealer you went to. First thing- he is badly mistaken and sounds like he just doesn't want to deal with leasing a vehicle. Secondly, I went to a Ford dealer on Tuesday this past week to get leasing prices on an Edge he had on the lot. I still have yet to hear back from him. A dealer like that won't get my business. I agree with you, as bad as it is in the auto industry right now, I'm amazed how some dealers still treat people. With the advent of the internet, so many more people are educated on car buying yet dealerships still come up with some crazy numbers sometimes.

On the other hand- I have also been getting lease prices from Chevy dealers on a new Traverse. Two dealers have been bending over backwards to get me the numbers I want- once they realized I can calculate my own figures using their pricing, residual, and money factors. Heck, I just had a sales manager yesterday admit to me he didn't know chevy was leasing again and he e-mailed me this morning (Sunday morning mind you) saying he is calling GMAC on Monday to get all their leasing info, he doesn't even have it. He did tell me that if the numbers I gave him are correct (they are based on another dealer I'm working on), he should be able to do the deal I'm looking for.
    Just a heads up: I was qouted the follwing information today on an Edge SEL AWD here in the Northeast Region-

27 Month lease rate with 10,500 miles per year
    Residual of $53%
    Money Factor is .0001 (.25%)
    $2250 Red Carpet lease rebate

36 Month with 10,500 miles per year jumped to
    Residual of 50%
    Money Factor of .00166 (4%)
    $2250 Red Carpet lease rebate.

I asked about the rebate as Edmunds.com is showing this additional rebate:
    "$1,000 Promotional bonus cash is available towards the purchase of a new 2010 Edge. May be combined with other cash programs, APR or lease specials."

edmunds rebates

I was told there is nothing showing on Ford's end about this, only the $2250 Red Carpet Lease rebate. Anyone have any idea or knowledge of the $1000 rebate being shown on edmunds?
  • stoopystoopy Member Posts: 105
    The only other rebates I am aware of for the Edge would be $500 Military, $500 Police Union, and the Red Carpet Lease Renewal rebate of $1500. The latter is why I went with the Edge. When I turned in my leased 2007 F-150 I got $3750 total in rebates and $2700 trade-in value for my truck which had only 15,000 miles on it. Also got a heckuva sale price too. Dealer went invoice minus half the holdback, basically $500+ under invoice price. I went for the 27 month as it was really cheaper than the 36 month. I walked out of there with a 2010 Edge SEL AWD, 10,500 per year, 27 months, only first payment due, $293 a month including sales tax.
    Sounds like you got a heck of a deal. Hope you enjoy it. What color and options does it have? The $2250 rebate I was refering to is listed in this link:
    edge rebates

It looks like you got $1500 for being a current Ford leasee, but shouldn't you still have got the $2250 Red Carpet lease rebate too? The $1000 rebate here on Edmunds still gets me though: It's Ford's program number # 11736 I believe. The way Edmunds has it written implies (to me at least) you can use the bonus cash toward a lease too. At any rate, enjoy your new Edge!

edit: I just noticed that link I gave above defaults back to the Taurus rebates. Just change the selection to Edge instead.
  • stoopystoopy Member Posts: 105
    All of those rebates that have the word "RETAIL" in them are solely for purchasing the vehicle. They will not be available for leases. You can still get the military or police $500 rebates and a $1500 Red Carpet Lease renewal on top of the $2250 Red Carpet Lease Cash. I got $3750 total, $2250 RCL Cash and $1500 RCL Renewal.

That is standard across the board. If any rebate has the word "RETAIL" in it, you cannot use it on a lease.
  • wease944wease944 Member Posts: 20
    I am looking at an SEL AWD 27 months 12miles a year..with Navigation. What is the residual and money factor?
  • ny_joe1101ny_joe1101 Member Posts: 15
    Hey Car_Man

Looking to get lease info on the following Ford Edge

2010 Ford Edge Limited AWD
    Rapid Spec 302A(Roof,NAV,power gate)
    MSRP:$39,485

I am looking for a 36/39mo lease with 12k miles per.

I already got the card for the $1000 promotion. I was going to use that towards some of my remaining lease payments. I think there is another $3000 to be had in rebates.

What is the MF and Residual on this vehicle so I know what ballpark to be looking in.

I was quoted $537/mo for 39 months with $2,847 at signing. This includes burying $1100 in payments(2 payments) into the lease. I think it is a little on the high side.

The zip is 11787.

Thanks

Joe
  • cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    Where in the northeast did you get this quote? i was quoted a MF of 1% on the 27 month lease and a 4.25% on the 36 month lease here in CT
  • peet1peet1 Member Posts: 1
    In Chicago western suburbs, 7.25% tax rate...

a supposed 52% residual (12k miles, 27 months) 0.25% rate

Same config (AWD, Limited, 302A)

Was quoted $578/month AND, I have an Xplan PIN to boot. What is going on?

Doing a "build and configure" on the Ford site, at MSRP which is what their system is using I get only as high as $478. Even adding in my local taxes $578 is way off base and I am doing the cap price using Xplan.

To top things off, there is $2750 red carpet lease money available somewhere.

Please help - time is running out, all these programs wrap up 1/4.

Thanks!
  • oreore Member Posts: 4
    My info:

Leased a 2010 Ford Edge from a Los Angeles dealership over the weekend. 27 mo. lease with $2,000 down and 399+ tax per month for an SEL. I went into the dealership expecting to pay $383/mo. but they did their magic and got me up to $399. They did throw in all service and maintenance.

This car is for my wife so I also took their added protection for $450 which covers us up to $2,500 at lease end. We are returning her Volvo C70 and the damage there is about $1,800 so this is a no brainer. The scratched rims is where they got us on that one...

We also have free rental cars at any ford dealership when the car goes into service. I feel as though the price is good - any pointers for next time will help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi wease944. Ford's lease program varies depending upon which one of its myriad of regions one is in. If you let me know what state you live in I can be more specific about this truck's numbers.

Through January 11th, Ford Credit's base lease rate for a 27 month lease of a 2010 Ford Edge SEL AWD with 12,000 miles per year is anywhere from 0.25% to 1.0%.

Ford is scheduled to introduce its new January programs next Tuesday.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Joe. Looking at your username, I take it that the 11787 zip code is in New York.

Through January 11th, Ford Credit's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Edge Limited AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 2.25% and 48%.

As you can see, Ford publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Ford is currently providing a solid $4,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 Edge in its New York region.

Car_man
    Host
  • meg15meg15 Member Posts: 5
    Can somebody let me know if the pricing in US and Canada are similar now days or is it still worthwhile to go to US to purchase this car. Please help me to decide and share your experience :mad:
  • meg15meg15 Member Posts: 5
    Can somebody let me know the price you pay now in NY for the car?? :)
  • carolhcarolh Member Posts: 8
    I live in New Jersey (zip code 07410) and I was looking for a 2010 Ford Edge SEL AWD with a moon roof, cloth interior is ok but I might have to get leather to have the moon rook and a tan interior. I wanted to put down $500 and to lease for 24 to 36 months with 12,000 miles a year. What should I be paying for that lease? I have to trade in an Aucra and one dealer already said that they would pay off my balance owed on the loan.
    I live in New Jersey and I want to lease a Ford Edge SEL AWD with a moonroof for 24 to 36 months with 12,000 miles a year. What should I pay per month for this lease?
    I live in New Jersey (zip code 07410) and I was looking for a 2010 Ford Edge SEL AWD with a moon roof, cloth interior is ok but I might have to get leather to have the moon rook and a tan interior. I wanted to put down $500 and to lease for 24 to 36 months with 12,000 miles a year. What should I be paying for that lease? I have to trade in an Aucra and one dealer already said that they would pay off my balance owed on the loan.
    Hi carolh. I would be happy tot use Ford's actual lease program to work up a sample lease payment for you on the Edge that you are interested in. I just need you to provide me with this vehicle's full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price first. You can find this pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    I leased a 2010 Edge SEL AWD with Vista Roof back in October for $297 for 27 months with nothing down. I was able to get $1500 for Red Carpet Lease Renewal in addition to the other rebate.
  • user1100user1100 Member Posts: 18
    Looking to lease 2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr Front-wheel Drive MSRP 36,866 net cost $31427 in los angles. Wanted to know what the best lease price is for 24 months lease with 10,000 miles a year with minimal drive off. Have never leased Ford so have no have no idea about residual or money factor for these cars any info would be greatly appreciated. Also would like to know if it is worth it to wait and get the new 2011 Edge, thank you.
  • kam41765kam41765 Member Posts: 6
    My lease on my '07 MKZ AWD is coming to an end and I am looking at a '10 MKZ AWD.

What are the current lease rate and residual for a 2010 MKZ AWD @ 19,500 miles/year?

24 month
    36 month
    39 month

Also any know incentives not published? I know of the $2750 RCL Cash that runs out 4/5 with the Launch Event

I am looking to make a move before the incestives expire.
    Greetings user1100. First let's take a look at what this vehicle's lease program is like in your area, then we'll work up a sample payment on it for you.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Edge Limited 2WD with 10,000 miles per year in the Los Angeles area are 2.75% and 53%, respectively.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $36,866, and a selling price of $31,427 I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $554. Ouch.

If you really want to lease an Edge, you need to negotiate a lower selling price. Ford is currently providing a whopping $5,500 cash incentive on leases of the '10 Limited model in your area. You should be able to get that entire amount taken off of the truck's price plus negotiate a decent dealer discount on top of that.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2010
    Hi kam41765. This is a better question for the "Lincoln MKZ Lease Questions" discussion. I'll post the information that you're looking for over there. Thanks,

Car_man
    Host
  • lenamaclenamac Member Posts: 3
    Hi:

I have never leased before and am strongly considering doing so but not sure what to expect as far as the payment/price/term/miles that I can get. I am most interested in a 2010 Ford Edge SEL. 3 years 36k miles. I would prefer leather interior and moonroof features. I would like to enter in to this with no down payment or first payment requirements. What would be the best options for me for my area. I am in Atlanta, GA 30144.
    These are the numbers a car saleman sent back to me on leasing a 2010 ford edge SEL with Vista sunroof. I am wanting know what is a negotion point for me. I live in Atlanta, GA. I reviewed this car on www.truecar.com and it estimated its value to be around $31700 and that is fully loaded. Would I respond back to him with the price I am willing to pay and ignore the MSRP. This is my first time considering a lease so I am quite green.

36 Mo/36k w/$0 due @ signing = 628 + Tax

MSRP: 37395

Residual: 48%

Money Factor: 5.25
  • bgk99bgk99 Member Posts: 24
    That's what the Dealer in Woodland Hills, CA just mentioned. Anyone else hear of this? I know they're trying to jettison the 2010 because the re-designed (and better upgraded) 2011 are right around the corner.

Is this on the STICKER or could you make a killer deal on the INVOICE minus the 5500 - just wondering
    I was advised that the Cash incentives were off the MSRP. Granted, this information came from a salesmen.
  • jtg22jtg22 Member Posts: 3
    i got a call from the so cal dealership i leased my car from. 07' Edge. Lease up in in a few months. He said they are offering $7k off another car as part of a loyalty program if i sign up for a new lease. i still have a few payments left on my current lease and he said i'd have to pay that off but the rebate they are offering makes up for that. are you familiar with this loyality program? good deal or should i just wait till my lease is up to re-sign? thanks.
    Cash incentives are typically entirely paid for by manufacturers. As a result, they should not have any impact upon your ability to negotiate a discount with dealers. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the Edge that you are interested in stipulating that any available cash incentives will be deducted from that. Either that or just look up the invoice price for the exact vehicle that you want right here at Edmunds.com, subtract any available cash incentives, and add a couple hundred dollars to that to arrive at a target price to shoot for in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • rwheilerrwheiler Member Posts: 15
    I'm at the end of my 36 month lease 2007 Edge SEL AWD Loaded...Residual Value on contract is 18,400,Edmunds TMV range from 21k to 23.5k (miles are 34.5k and excellent condition).My wife loves the car so I'm gonna buy..The sales Guy says they charge $595 fee to do buyout paperwork( new tags also extra)...NO WHERE ON MY LEASE does it say this...I'm not paying $595 for them to fill out a form.I have financing line up elsewhere.Any Help?..Is this fee BOGUS?
  • mspeed6mspeed6 Member Posts: 1
    hi car man, based on 39 month lease
    this is what i was offered from a new york ford dealer.
    2010 ford edge with awd,202A option.
    $35,815 MSRP.got the car down to 29,000, now the kicker.
    $2,459.91 out of pocket tax, title, tags and i believe first month.
    $97.50 doc and tire
    money factor of 5.25 is this guy nuts? with 42% residual
    $545 a month
    also was told $4,920 out of pocket @ 420 a month
    can you give me some real world numbers car man.
    thank you
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    edited April 2010
    Without even running the numbers... You could walk into an Acura dealer tomorrow and leave with an MDX lease without even negotiating and be under 600 a month.
    Also, Nissan Murano with 15000 miles the residual is 54%. The low residual of the Ford is killing the lease.
    If you really like the Edge and are already willing to pay 550 a month, you should buy it forget about leasing a Ford unless they are offering super low money factors.
  • bgk99bgk99 Member Posts: 24
    Galpin on Roscoe can't be beat - Blew Vista near where I live away. Vista was 545 a month, that was "the best they could do".

2010 Edge Limited
    Sticker 40,095
    3 year 31,500 mile lease (10,500 per year)

This is what Galpin, over the internet negotiated.

They took 1,000 off from a Ford friend (search the internet for a PIN #)
    They took 3,000 off for cash back
    They gave me an extra 2,500 off

Total rebates: 6,500.00

Then they took 2K off the cap cost (how, I don't know, maybe someone can tell me, but my paperwork says 37,734.92 on a 40,095.00 sticker)

I put 2,600 down.

The 40,095 car was now 30,378.33

Leased for $475.00 per month

Here's the out of pocket:

First Mo Payment: 475.00
    Reg 514.00
    tire fee 8.75
    Upfront taxes 721.66
    DMV filing fee 29.00
    Doc Fee 45.00

Residual value 19,243.20

For the SAME car, Vista couldn't go below $545.00. Galpin did it for $475.00. Saved myself $2,520.00 over the course of the lease.

I hope I did good.
  • chappschapps Member Posts: 1
    What features/packages did that 2010 Edge Limited have? Given that the price initially went up to $40K, I'm guessing it has the panoramic vista roof, leather seats (I think that's standard with the Limited) and nav system? I'm looking at about the same thing, and want to call Galpin for a similar quote.

Thanks!
  • jtg22jtg22 Member Posts: 3
    is now a really good time to lease a 2010 Edge? my old lease is up so i've been getting quotes. $0 down, base model, no extras, 36 mo. 10.5k/mi yr. quotes are coming back around $355/mo (inlcuding tax). this is about $40-50 cheaper a month than the last time i got quotes 3 months ago. what has changed? Also, is it alway better to go with a 36 mo lease vs. 39 mo? any feedback is much appreciated.
  • peteyboy30peteyboy30 Member Posts: 34
    Howdy, Car_Man.... My aunt is looking into an SEL AWD (I heard about a 5500 rebate on the limited - any truth to this? She may jump on that, depending), either 2010 or 2011 (depending on stock on Long Island, NY), so I'd appreciate lease numbers for both 2010, and 2011, and both 24 and 36 month leases. Thank you very very much!
    Hi peteyboy30. Ford is currently providing a $4,250 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 Edge in your aunt's area. In addition to that, it has a $1,000 conquest cash offer for current owners of non-Ford products in that area as well...for a total of $5,250.

Ford Credit's base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Edge SEL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.5% and 45%.

As far as the 2011 model goes, Ford is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the '11 Edge in your aunt's area, again plus the aforementioned conquest cash.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Edge SEL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 60%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.75% and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsabia85jsabia85 Member Posts: 2
    I just went to my local Ford Dealer and test drove the new 2011 Edge. I absolutely love it. We crunched some #'s and I was wondering what you all think.

I am looking to lease the 2011 Ford Edge Limited with the 301A package. Base MSRP for the car is 36,995. We worked it out give me 2750 in dealer rebates, 4% APR, 52% residual and with 4,000 down the total monthly payment for the car would be $449 a month. Does that seem high to anybody with 4k down?

I just dont understand how my sister has a fully loaded acura tsx at @ 37K MSRP and only pay $405 with no money down a month. Also, my friend just picked up a fully loaded maxima with no money down and paying $409 a month. How is it that my monthly can me so much higher with 4k down?
  • saabtasticsaabtastic Member Posts: 7
    Out of curiosity on your 2011 ford edge lease, How long was the term of the lease and how many miles per year were included ?
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    The Edge has a lower residual value and a higher money factor (interest rate), so the money you pay goes towards a bigger loan. A typical lease loan is generally made up of three things: depreciation, interest and taxes. The depreciation is made up of the difference between the agreed upon sale price and the residual value. Therefore, a high residual value and a low sale price yields a smaller loan. Then you factor in the money factor or interest. Then, depending on which state you live in, you take that number, divide into your term (generally 36 months) and add on the sales tax.
    Cars like the TSX have amazing residual value, AFHC also charges fairly low interest on their leases plus they give pretty good discounts. Thats the best formula for low payments. The Maxima has a decent residual, but Nissan isn't charging a lot of interest on their leases plus they are discounting the Maxima like mad. That is why your friend and sister can get so much car for so little money.
    Lesson here is that not all cars lease the same, so you need to do your homework. Ford cars aren't very strong when it comes to leasing, so I as much as the Edge intrigues me, I don't think leasing would be wise.

G
  • scoot84scoot84 Member Posts: 21
    Car Man,

Can you please supply the current residual value and money factor for a 2011 Edge Limited with 301A package and 15,000 miles per year. I am open to 24,36 or 39 month lease. I saw that you had provided info in a post earlier, however I am having a hard time converting the 0.25% interest rate to the money factor so that I can figure out what my payments should be.

Thanks in advance
    I'd be happy to help you out, scoot84. Ford Credit's September base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Edge Limited AWD with 15,000 miles per year are anywhere from 0.25% to 1.25% and 60%, depending upon what part of the country you are in.

The numbers for a 36 month lease are 3.75% to 5.5% and 55%.

The numbers for a 39 month lease are 4.0% to 5.75% and 53%.

You can convert these lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So for example, a lease rate of 0.25% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00010.

Car_man
    Host
  • spridellspridell Member Posts: 10
    I am in NY (long island) and these are the 2 lease quotes i got.

2011 Edge Limited AWD(fully loaded)
    MSRP: $43,235

1st quote:
    $2,100 down
    39 months
    10,500 miles
    $480 month including taxes

2nd Quote:
    $2,000 down
    39 months
    10,500 miles
    $399 month NOT including taxes
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    $43K for a Ford? No way. It's a nice vehicle but...
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    Car Man,

What are the current lease numbers for the 2011 Ford Edge SEL AWD for zip 68516 on a 24, 27, 36 month lease with 10,500 miles per year? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.