Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Edge Lease Questions

Comments

• jackisjackis Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for the residual and money factor for Charlotte, NC on a 36 and 39 month lease with 15,000 miles for Edge SEL FWD. Also, do you know of any incentives for May for Ford Edge leases?
  • lovemymuranolovemymurano Member Posts: 4
    2011 Ford Edge Limited
    301A
    20" Chrome Clad Wheels - $895.00
    Tow Package $395.00
    Dest. & Delivery $775.00

Florida - They are quoting me $500.00 a month, 39 months, 10,500 Mile Lease with $3000.00 Down - I think they are still high.

Please your opinions would be appreciated quickly!
  • easpnoy78easpnoy78 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man

What the residual value & money factor for in NY for the below:

2011 Ford Edge 4dr Limited AWD
    DUAL HEADREST DVD ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM (67D)
    $1,000 Customer Bonus Cash

Lease term: 36 months
    Miles: 15,000
    MSRP as configured:$39,145
    Invoice as configured:$36,997

Thx.
  • driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36
    I've also been trying to negotiate a lease for an Edge in Florida. That deal seems too high. Try waiting for the new numbers to come out on May 2. What city are you located in?
    I'm located in St. Pete/Tampa/Clearwater area. So you think the numbers on May 2 will be better than what is available now? I've decided to offer them $500.00 a month including tax, 15,000 mile 39 month lease with $1500.00 down. If they accept it great if not then I will continue to shop.
    It's entirely possible, in that the residual factors could change. I don't expect the rebates to get better, however, when leasing, a higher residual alters the payments in your favor- as I'm sure you know. Your offer seems fair. I'm also in your area, so I'm very curious to see if they accept it. One secret I will tell you- if you request a brochure from Ford's website, they'll automatically e-mail you a $750 Private Cash certificate that you can use towards your lease. Hope that helps!
    Oh wow I wish I would have known the little secret - that might have helped me get a better deal or maybe not. They did accept my offer of $500.00 a month, 1500.00 down, 15k miles and 39 month lease. They gave me alot of credit for my lease I was turning in to them, which was a Murano. I'm very pleased with the deal.

I had 2 other dealerships that were ready to give me the same deal in the area without giving credit for my previous leased car so I would think you would be able to get the deal I got as well in this area.
    Glad to hear it went through! Do you mind sharing some of the dealerships? Thanks!
  • emilrealdealemilrealdeal Member Posts: 14
    Hi Carman,

I was looking for the lease rates for the ford edge sport for May for 24,36 and 39 month lease.

Thanks
  • emilrealdealemilrealdeal Member Posts: 14
    Carman,

Just to clarify, this is for the AWD and for New York. Thanks in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi emilrealdeal. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Edge Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year in New York are 0.25% and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.0% and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 3.25% and 51%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ford Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jrhunklerjrhunkler Member Posts: 2
    Hi there, could you please tell me the Residual rates and money factors on the 2011 Ford Edge for May 2011 - in Southeast Florida?

If it's not too much to ask, I would also like them for the 2011 Lincoln MKX for comparison... seems online that there is a substantial benefit to going with a loaded MKX vs a Base Model... (better residual? MF?)

24/36-39 mo only... thanks in advance!
  • clhoustonclhouston Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

What are the May 36 month lease rates for an Edge Limited, both 12k and 15k miles?

Also what incentives are available, only the $500 cash incentive you mentioned earlier?

Thanks
  • ungluedunglued Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Got an offer for a 2011 Silver SE, FWD, roof rails and 101a package (Convenience group I think?).

10,500 Mile lease
    Offer was $338/month(includes PA taxes) for 39 months. I'm trading in a Truck ($2k trade in value) only thing due at signing is first month's payment and the trade in vehicle.

Thoughts?
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jrhunkler. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Ford Edge Sport 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 52%, respectively in Florida. Ford is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ford Credit in your area.

As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

As far as the Lincoln MKX FWD goes, the numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Lincoln MKX 2WD are 2.0% and 52%. The options that the MKX is equipped with don't seem to have an impact upon its lease rates or residuals. There's a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi clhouston. Ford's lease rates for a 36 month lease of the Edge Limited 4WD vary by region. They're anywhere from 2.5% to 3.5%. Ford Credit's 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for this truck is 54%. It's 2% higher for leases with only 12,000 miles per year.

The cash incentives on leases of the '11 Edge vary by region to, from $500 to $1,500.

I can be more specific if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    For those who have leased their vehicles have you also taken gap insurance on the vehicle? If so how much does it cost and how long do you keep it on the car?
  • bigdozerbigdozer Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2011
    To all,

Just wanted to ask if I did ok on my lease.
    No trade
    2011 Edge Limited FWD. 36 mo / 18k miles per year
    only option was 301A spec.
    MSRP $38,800 Cap cost $36,000
    Incentive totaled $3,500

Only money down was 1st payment of $473

What do you think?
  • fuelcellguyfuelcellguy Member Posts: 31
    Can someone let me know the residual value and interest rate for 36 months 12k miles on an SE FWD in zip code 13146? Also, I am coming out of an Impala lease, can I get the lease conquest competitor cash without having the mailed coupon? What other incentives are there in my area for leasing an Edge?
  • dbdjohndbdjohn Member Posts: 1
    Car man, looking for a SEL AWD in NY area. Looking for numbers on 36/36000 and 39/39000 leases for June.

Thanks.
    Hi fuelcellguy. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Ford Edge SE FWD with 12,000 miles per year in its New York region are 3.0% and 56%, respectively.

Ford is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area.

I don't think that you are eligible for any conquest cash without the coupon, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings dbdjohn. Ford Credit's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge SEL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 3.25% and 55%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ford Credit in the New York area.

Car_man
    Host
  • fuelcellguyfuelcellguy Member Posts: 31
    Thank you Car_man. I have found out that there is a $1000 conquest incentive for if your lease ends within 90 days. Can you let me know the numbers for a 24 month lease 12k miles?
    Also, what would you shoot for as a selling price on this vehicle...invoice?
  • fletchedmfletchedm Member Posts: 39
    Shopping in the Boston Area for a 2011 Edge SEL AWD. Can you please provide resid and interest rate for 36 month and 24 month. 10K miles/yr. Thanks in advance!!

-Fletch
  • j_smith1j_smith1 Member Posts: 60
    Car_man,

Do you have July numbers on Limited AWD 3 years 10k a year in NY? Residual money factor and available incentives?

Thanks!
  • matttw618matttw618 Member Posts: 3
    hi Car man...

can you clue me in on the numbers for a basic FWD SE with a 39/10k lease and 39/12k? (zip 19335) Also, do you know if I'd be able to negotiate any on these numbers or do the dealers stick to them pretty strictly? i am guessing my best bet is to negotiate down the selling price? appreciate the numbers and thoughts.
    Here you go Fletch. Ford Credit's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge SEL AWD in Boston with 10,000 miles per year are 2.75% and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are 0.25% and 64%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, j_smith1. Ford Credit's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge Limited AWD with 10,000 miles per year in its New York region are 3.0% and 56%, respectively.

Ford is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi matttw618. Ford Credit's July base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Edge SE FWD with 12,000 miles per year in its Philadelphia region are 3.0% and 53%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

You shouldn't have much trouble getting the dealer to calculate your lease payment using these numbers.

If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the $1,750 cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • fletchedmfletchedm Member Posts: 39
    Thanks Car_Man! I got the same figures today from the dealer. Unfortunately we are too far apart on price, see what happens tomorrow!
  • montag28montag28 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    Car_Man

Im looking at a 2011 ford edge sport in south florida and was wondering what the rates and residual values are on a 36 or 39 month lease for 12K miles/year

Thanks!
    You're very welcome fletchedm.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go montag28. Ford Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge Sport 2WD with 12,000 miles per year in Florida are 3.0% and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 3.25% and 51%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ford Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • herko2225herko2225 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car man,
    Please advise on MF and residual for Limited Front wheel drive in SoCal. (24m with 12k & 15k miles).

Even though this will most likely be through Ford Red Carpet Lease, I am only entitled to the current $1k rebate and not the additional $1k rebate (which states you must finance through Ford), correct?

Also, in June two different dealers in San Diego listed their Limiteds at $5k off sticker plus rebates (making it $8k off with trade-in). However, those ads now stopped. Was there a special dealer incentive at the time? It looks like most are only able to get $2-3k off sticker now.

Sorry for all the questions. This will be my first lease and I'm learning alot from you & other members. Thank you so much for contributing to this site!
  • montag28montag28 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_Man, very helpful.

I assume the 3% isn't very negotitable? The 1,250 credit I would get if I do a lease, is that on top of the $2,000 in customer cash incentives going on or in lieu of since Im not purchasing?

Thanks!
  • sshasan1sshasan1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a couple of quotes from two dealers 1 at 365 and one at 360 3 years 10500 miles/yr llease.
    Does this sound like a good deal? (this is my first time considering a lease)
    Sy
  • jviscomijviscomi Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man, please post the August lease numbers when you have them. Looking at a 10K or 12K mile lease for 36 months on an Edge Limited. Guessing MSRP will end up around $39k-$40k. Atlanta, GA. Coming off a Nissan lease at end of month, not sure if they have any conquest incentives in August. Thanks.
    You're welcome, herko2225. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Ford Edge Limited Front Wheel Drive with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 59%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Ford is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of the Edge in your region. If I was in the market for an Edge right now, I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the aforementioned cash.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, montag28. Unfortunately, the $1,250 is in lieu of the customer cash, not in addition to it. Regular consumer cash incentives are not compatible with Ford Credit's special lease program.

Any lease rates that I mentioned are the lowest available rates.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to jviscomi. Ford Credit's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge Limited FWD with 12,000 miles per year in Atlanta are 3.0% and 54%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Ford currently has a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area, but no conquest cash that I am aware of in your neck of the woods.

Car_man
    Host
  • fabriciafabricia Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Can you please provide me with the MF and residual on a 2011 Edge Sport AWD for August 2011? We're interested in either 12k miles per year or 15k and we're located in the 20877 Zip Code (DC Metro Area).

Thanks!
    I certainly can fabricia. Ford Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year in its Washington DC region are 3.0% and 52%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Thank you so much, this info is much appreciated!

Fabricia
    Car_man,

Can you also please provide the rates for a 39 month term?

Thanks again!

Fabricia
  • herko2225herko2225 Member Posts: 6
    Fabricia,
    I am considering a Ford Edge too. My recommendation (and I'm not an auto industry professional) is to keep the lease at 36 months or less. The reason is because Ford offers a 3yr/36k warranty. If something breaks at 3 yrs and 1 day -- the money comes out of your pocket. Although the MyFord touch system seems awesome, it appears this has been an electrical headache for some. Another thing to consider (especially with the Sport) is tire wear. The RCL agreements require 1/8in tread remaining or it's considered excess wear. Those sport tires will wear quickly and are costly to replace. Did you try a 24month lease? The MF rate is equivalent to .25% and I'm finding the monthly cost to be just a little higher.
  • seanb61seanb61 Member Posts: 12
    Car_Man, please post the August lease numbers (Money Factor, Residual) for Chicago suburbs area if you have them. Looking at a 12K mile lease for 24 or 36 months on an Edge Limited FWD. MSRP of $40,965 (Rapid Spec 302A, and chrome clad 20" Wheels)

Thanks!
  • seanb61seanb61 Member Posts: 12
    Car_Man, please post the August lease numbers (Money Factor, Residual) for Chicago suburbs area if you have them. Looking at a 12K mile lease for 24 or 36 months on an Edge Limited FWD. MSRP of $40,965 (Rapid Spec 302A, and chrome clad 20" Wheels)
    You're very welcome Fabricia.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey fabricia. Ford Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Edge Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year in its Washington DC region are 3.25% and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi seanb61. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Edge Limited FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.0% and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.