Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Edge Lease Questions

Comments

• phxmikephxmike Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I'm a first time car buyer looking at the Ford Edge Limited FWD in Phoenix area. 15k per mile lease. I've downloaded a great lease spreadsheet and might buy Expert Lease Pro. In the spreadsheet they ask for the Money Factor and Residual. Please let me know at your earliest convenience. Many thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi phxmike. Ford Credit's August base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge Limited FWD with 15,000 miles per year in the Phoenix region are 3.0% and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You can convert Ford's published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ekimble2957ekimble2957 Member Posts: 3
    First time leaser looking for the Money factor and residual value for a 36 months lease on a 2011 Edge SEL AWD with Rapid Spec 202A. Location is Philadelphia suburbs. I appreciate the help on this. Thanks in advance
  • devs6devs6 Member Posts: 11
    Car_Man,

Can you post the numbers for the Ford Edge SEL for September, We are looking for 36 and 39 month lease numbers for FWD and AWD for a 10k year lease. Most likely we would also get the 205a package, don't know if that makes a difference or not. We are in the NJ.

Thanks
    Hello ekimble2957. Ford Credit's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Ford Edge SEL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 54%, respectively.

Ford is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey devs6. You are in Ford's New York region. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Edge SEL AWD with 10,000 miles per year in your area are 3.0% and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 3.25% and 55%.

The lease rates for the FWD version of this truck are the same, but its residual values would be 1% lower.

Ford is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of '11 Edge AWD and $1,500 on Edge FWD models in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • jonw27jonw27 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Car_Man,

We've just about narrowed our search down to the 2011 Edge SEL AWD. We're looking at a 15,000 mile year lease and are considering either 24 or 36 month terms depending on how the other numbers work out. Can you post the residual values, money factors and applicable incentives we should consider in determining the lease payment after negotiating the price? We're in the Hartford CT area.

Many thanks for your help.
    Hi jonw27. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Edge SEL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.0% and 54%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • herko2225herko2225 Member Posts: 6
    Is Ford still offering the .25% on a 24 month lease in Southern California?

Of particular concern:
    24 month
    Edge Limited or Sport FWD
    12k miles

If I remember correctly from prior postings, the AWD model adds 1%, correct?
  • oldbenfrankoldbenfrank Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man:

I'm looking at a 2011 Ford Edge SEL AWD with Rapid Spec 202A, voice activated Nav, all weather floor mats and a roof rack. I'm also looking at a 2012 Ford Edge SEL AWD with Rapid Spec 205A, voice activated Nav, all weather mats and a roof rack.

Can you quote me the money factors and residual values for the 2011 and 2012 Edges as outlined above? I'm considering a 36 month lease and 12,000 miles.

Thank you.
  • trisumtrisum Member Posts: 3
    Car Man, we are looking at an Edge to lease. Which model, SE, SEL, Limited or Sport have the best MF and residuals. Also, is the national 2011 Edge SE $219.00 a month lease deal better than I can get with the Z plan pricing?

If you don't mind same question for the Fusion.

Thank you for your time.

David
    Yes, herko2225, the base lease rate for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Ford Edge is indeed .025% in Southern California right now. The residual values for AWD models are 1% higher than on FWD models for 24-month terms.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello oldbenfrank. Ford Credit's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Ford Edge SEL AWD with 12,000 miles per year in Philadelphia are 3.5% and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi trisum. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Edge SE FWD with 15,000 miles per year in Southern California are 2.25% and 53%, respectively.

Ford is not providing lease support on the 2011 Fusion any longer, so you definitely do not want to lease one right now.

I suspect that the Z-Plan would enable you to beat any of Ford's official advertised deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you !! I appreciate you taking the time.

David
  • randal_sdrandal_sd Member Posts: 4
    I was quoted at 39109 for a 2012 Edge limited with 36 months 36k miles for $589. this seemed a bit steep from what I have read online. they did not give me the mf or residual figures. Can you please post the mf and residual for Sioux Falls, SD area? Also any thoughts on those figures?

Thanks
    to clarify my previous post...on the 2010 edge limited awd with nav they quoted me at 39109 msrp, however they were unwilling to negotiate on that price at all with the exception of the $1250 incentives that ford offers currently. I am also looking at a 2011 edge sel with awd and nav which i was quoted at 31350 msrp and 28400 sale price.

I am not sure if Ford currently offers any incentives for the 2011 models still, and the dealership didn't offer any incite either. Will you please list the mf and residual values for both models and also if ford still offers any incentives on 2011 models?

Thanks again
    I apologize but just one last correction...I am looking for a 24 month or 36 month 12,000 mile lease in both.
  • drew_idrew_i Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Hi Car Man -

I was wondering if you could give me the Ford APR factor and the residual percent for both the 2011 & 2012 Limiteds AWD, 36 month lease. I live in New England and drive 20,000 a year so I'm going to also need to know what the excess mileage price per mile is paying it up front. I'm a returning Red Carpet customer so I'm also wondering if you know the incentives that Ford has on the table for these two.

I know I'm asking a lot but unfortunately the great Ford dealer that I have done business with for my last seven leases with lost his dealership when Ford cut back the number dealerships.

Thanks,

Drew
  • yeager126yeager126 Member Posts: 1
    I have just purchased a 2012 Edge AWD Limited for $35,600 out the door (new tags/docs and taxes) plus a full tank of gas. I also puchased a extended warrenty for $1,835 7yrs/125,000 miles, I drive 22k plus miles a year. I bypass all that plan stuff and simply pay the dealer a certain price over dealer cost. Now dealer cost for this car is $33,400 so I offered $34,400. There are $2,750 in incentives for this car if you finance, $1,750 if you don't. Other dealers tried to add gas fee, advertisement fees etc...
    You're very welcome David.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Drew. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Edge Limited AWD with 20,000 miles per year in the Boston area are 3.5% and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are 2.5% and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • drew_idrew_i Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I ended up buying a 2012. It didn't make sense to lease this time around. Got the Edge Limited for $800 (all dealer fees included) over dealer cost. Only other cost was registration. You can't do anything about the state fees. There was $2700 in incentives and 3.9% financing for 60 months. There is something to be said for buying a unit off the lot at the end of the month.

Thanks again,

Drew
  • mike008mike008 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man.

Can you please give me the MF and residual value for a 36 month lease w/ 12,000 OR 15,000 miles per year on a 2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD in the Miami, FL area? Thank you in advance.
  • geoff_fgeoff_f Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man,

Can you give me the MF and residual value for a 27 and 36 mo lease with 15,000 miles in the Los Angeles area. Also are there incentives for a returning red carpet lease customer, I am turning in my 09 MKX.

Thank you!
  • cwa31871cwa31871 Member Posts: 7
    Car man......

Please post the November lease numbers for the FWD 2012 Edge limited. 24/36 months at 15/18k miles. I am in Florida. Thanks
  • kstatecatkstatecat Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

Could you post the December MF and residuals for the Kansas City area? I am looking to get either a 2011 or 2012 Edge SEL. I am also trying to decide on 27 month or the 36 month with 12k miles a year. Is there a reason that Ford offers 27 and 39 month leases? I thought most leases were 24 and 36.
    Also what are the discounts or rebates for the 2011 and 12 leases? This will be my first lease with Ford.

Thanks
    Hi kstatecat. The Edge just doesn't seem to lease that well compared to some other similar SUVs.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's December base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Edge SEL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 66%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 2.25% and 59%

The numbers for a 39-month lease are 2.5% and 58%.

Ford is currently providing a $250 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ford Credit. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over invoice minus this cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • ontheedge1ontheedge1 Member Posts: 1
    Howdy Car_man

Im looking to lease a 2012 Ford Edge FWD Limited in Las Vegas, NV for 24mths with 10500mi/yr.

May I please have the residual and base lease rate values for my area?

Thanks in advance!
  • dkleierdkleier Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,

Could you post the December MF and residuals for the Miami area? I am looking to get a 2012 Edge SEL. I would do either a 24 or 36 month lease with 15k miles a year.
    Also what are the discounts or rebates for the 12 leases?

Thanks
  • jberardijberardi Member Posts: 4
    Dear Car Man,

It looks like a lot of December activity going on. Can you help me understand the MF and residual for the Dallas, TX market? I would entertain 24 or 39 months.

Also, I have a 2010 MKZ on a 24 month lease that the dealer is interested in an early turn in. Do I have any leverage to negotiate a cap cost reduction or should I trust in the True Market Value Estimator provided by edmunds.com?

Thanks,

JB
  • jah0mamajah0mama Member Posts: 2
    I am reading a lot through these and really just want to know the numbers. I have been to two dealers here in NY and looked at the following:\2012 Edge SEL AWD with sync and touch. according to ford;s national advertisement you can get this model with $4043 down (no incentives). for 10500 miles a year for $249. I went to dealer and he wants total out of pocket of $4800-includes all taxes and everything, $2000 for trade in and $250 a month for 15K miles a year...does this sound right....seems like an awful amount . This is for a 27month lease. How much of invoice price is negotiable???? Everyone saying that ford sets prices period!!!! :confuse:
  • jah0mamajah0mama Member Posts: 2
    tough crowd...no responses!!!!!!
    :cry:
  • moet913moet913 Member Posts: 3
    HCar Man Getting ready to negotiate my ninth lease. Got a great price on my wife's Acura back in Aug thanks to your help. Looking for the Residual and MF for both the Edge Sel Awd and the Explorer XLT. 36 month 10K year. I will be leasing in the New york area.
    Hey moet913. Wow your 9th lease? Time flies doesn't it. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Ford Credit's January New York region base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Edge SEL AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 2.0% and a very solid 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Explorer XLT AWD are 2.0% and 57%.

Ford is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the '12 Edge, but nothing on the Explorer AWD in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • chorniechornie Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    Hi Car_man

Thanks for your previous help!

Looking for to do another lease....would like rates for the Cleveland, OH area on a 2012 Edge Limited, AWD, 10K miles for 27 or 36 months.
  • dannyfreeddannyfreed Member Posts: 14
    Car_Man:

In the NY area (Long Island) and looking to lease a 2012 Edge SEL AWD or 2012 Edge Limited AWD with 15K miles and for 36 (or 39) months. Can you please give me the MF and Residual on each and any dealer incentive info?

Thanks for your help!
    You're welcome chornie. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Edge Limited AWD with 10,000 miles per year in its Cincinnati region are 2.25% 59%, respectively.

I believe that the numbers for a two year lease would be 0.25% and 67%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings dannyfreed. Ford Credit's current New York region base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Edge SEL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 2.25% and 55%.

The numbers for the 2012 Edge Limited AWD are 2.0% / 56% and 2.25% / 54%.

Ford is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • 03qx03qx Member Posts: 91
    Hi Car Man, I am looking for the rate and residual for the 2013 Edge SEL and Limited FWD. 36 & 24 Month Lease with 12,000 Miles.

Thanks !!
  • flvol77flvol77 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man,

I am looking for a MF and residual for a 2013 Edge Limited (MSRP 41,650) 36 months 15k and 16,500k per year.

I believe I would qualify for top tier credit. I am in South Florida, West Palm Beach.

Thanks for your help as I can't get a dealer to give me any numbers.

Jayson
  • cwa318cwa318 Member Posts: 79
    Carman.......

Please post the current lease numbers on the 2012 and 2013 FWD Edge Limited at 36 months and 15K miles a year. Thanks! I am on the west coast of Florida.
  • hakkyhakky Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_Man

Looks like you have a number of requests here but I'll go ahead and add mine.

Looking for MF and residual numbers for 2012 Edge AWD Limited, 15k/year, either 36 or 39 months. Also the numbers for the AWD SEL model.

I'm in New Hampshire.

Thanks in advance, Happy Easter!
    Hi cwa318. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Edge Limited FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are 2.0% and 53%, respectively.

There is a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 model but nothing yet on the 2013 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks hakky. Sorry for the delay in my response, I was away Easter week. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Edge Limited AWD with 15,000 miles per year in your area are 2.0% and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 2.25% and 52%.

The lease rates for the SEL AWD are the same, but its residual values are 55% / 53%.

There's a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '12 Edge in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • mpj100mpj100 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 Ford Edge SEL AWD and have a current 3 year 39K lease, which is up in Novemeber; I'm already 4K over in mileage and want to get into a new lease. I'm looking to see which direction is the best that won't kill my pockets. What will I be offered if I go to a Ford dealer and want to get into a 2012 Edge SEL AWD with this situation? Will this be a good deal? Went to Toyota and they blatantly told me that Ford makes it hard for anyone to get out of current lease and into a different companies lease. Is this true? Will I be charged with early termination fees for ending my lease early by getting into a new lease with Ford? Should I just park it and let it sit to save on the mileage overage?

Please help me in understanding what will be the best move.

Thanks,
    MJ
    It all depends on the dealer. Some will overlook the mileage if you are getting into a new lease, but you are still 5+ months away from your end date. Go to your dealer and see what they say. Good luck!
  • utmamacas2utmamacas2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I was just quoted the following for a 36 mo/15k miles a year lease on a 2012 Edge SEL with Eco Boost, Nav, Sunroof

MSRP $38,085
    Selling Price from dealer: $36,800
    $1,750 rebate from Ford Credit
    Final price of $35,050
    Residual: 54%
    Interest Rate: 2% or .00083

I live in Georgia. Are these lease terms & incentives in line with what's available currently via Ford?

Looks like the incentives are greater on a purchase- anyone had any experience with getting the purchase incentives rolled into a lease? In this case it's a difference of $2,250. And I am member of USAA- looks like they have additional incentives I think i could roll in. I haven't leased before so trying to wade through the waters. Thanks in advance!
  • goangelsgoangels Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,

Can you please post the residual and money factor for an Edge Limited AWD in Southern California? I'm thinking about doing a 36 months and 12K per year lease.

Thank you!
  • dm4545dm4545 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm going to lease a 2013 Edge SEL AWD. Sticker is $40k. I'm looking for 36 months, 10.5k miles/yr. I'm in NY (Long Island). What am I looking at for residual and money factor? I also have X-Plan through my company... assume this just knocks off money from the cap cost?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.