Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions About Private Sale Transactions

15678911»

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,199
    side curtains should be stamped somewhere on the interior A pillar, I believe (just like side airbags are stamped on the side of the seat). ABS you can tell by either looking under the hood and seeing the ABS module or slamming on the brakes during the test drive to make sure they kick in.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,835
    If I'm not mistaken, most vehicles have an ABS light on the dash (along with all of the other check-this-or-that lights). This light should turn on when you turn the key, before you start the engine. If it's there, then the vehicle obviously has ABS.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bonnanobonnano South CarolinaPosts: 9
    I just sold a 06 RAV 4 with 87K that was in a ($10K) wreck 25,000 and twi years ago, the Carfax looked awful so dealers were only offering $6000 trade. Put it on CL with VIN and full disclosure for $9800 and received 4 calls immediately. First buyer bought it for $9500 cash. Two weeks later I put my 08 Tacoma DCSB V6 Trd OR up with 37K miles for $21,900.

Same thing first buyer paid $21,500. Both deals were made at their banks where the banks made a cashiers check out to me and I signed over a title and notarized a Bill of sale. They were off to DMV.

I went off to replace the wifes 06 with a 12 and I am buying a 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey with Premium and Bose packages with 27K for $23900 from a private seller, I will have to rent qa car one way drop off to pick it up. We will go to my bank. I will draw a check for the amount in cash or cashiers check, go to DMV pay the $300 sales tax ( Love SC) and drive it home.

If a vehicle is priced right it WILL sell fast, NEVER trade a Tacoma or Rav 4. There are always people looking for these cars and dealers know it and price them high, My same Truck was priced at $23900 all over the net with over 60k miles!!!

The Infiniti will be a tougher sale in a few years but I am figuring $1500 a year depreciation on 4500 miles a year, Maybe I will get $18,000 on a loaded 2010 EX35 with 40K miles. I will buy a short term warranty to sweeten the deal at that time.
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Anybody that would offer to buy a 14 year old car without a test drive has scam on his mind. Craigslist is full of them.
15678911»