Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Exterior and Body

13»

Comments

• dispencer2dispencer2 Member Posts: 299
    I have a 1986 Silverado that was originally sold somewhere in Idaho. Is there anyplace in GM that I can send an email to get the name of the selling dealer so that I can contact them?
  • losman54losman54 Member Posts: 22
    Does anybody other than me have a problem with paying the high price of a Silverado HD pickup only to find out that the flashing bright bumper(end caps) that the new Silverado HD pickups is made out of PLASTIC!!!

How long do you think shine will last before the front of $40,000 look like crap? Not only is it cheap it looks cheap too. I only wish you could option out of that style of bumper when ordering.
  • local7local7 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 95 chevy 1500 z71 with a 5. v8 my starter would randomly not work so after a few days of screwing around i discoverd that if i wiggled a wire connected to the sylenoid then it would start so we got a new sylenoid and put it on and after all is said we re connected the battery and without the keys in the ignition right when i touch the possitive wire on the battery back on it started to turn over right away.....ive tried wiring it different and tried another sylenoid on top of the first new one....Note this car used to have a remote starter i just thought maybe that might have something to do with it but im pretty sure it isnt hooked up........so i tried wiren it different and nothing would happen period so i know i def wired it correctly.... what the hell is wrong here
  • dtietzdtietz Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone encountered air and water leaks into the box area on the new style Silverado's ?
    I have plenty of air rushing into the box and lifts my soft tonneau cover up while driving at highway speeds about 2" to 3" over the rail. and every time theres wet roads I get lots of road spray in the box.
    Great for my tools !!!
  • rippsteinrippstein Member Posts: 3
    I have the lightweight Undercover ABS-composite solid bed cover on my new-style crew cab 4x4.

I installed EGR bed rail caps to cover my stake holes. There are open areas in the left and right top front area of my bed, sealed using DapTex latex-based Insulating Foam Sealant that remains soft and flexible. I have a TrailFX bed mat on the floor. These minimize water blow-by in most of my vulnerable areas. I also added a TruxSeal tailgate seal in the back (mostly to minimize dust draw in the back).

Both sides and bottom-front of my bed are not air tight. There are drain holes thru my front floor and body gaps behind both side walls. With my solid bed cover, air pressure is not a problem, although I can understand it's effect on your soft cover. This is one reason I selected a light weight hard cover that can easily be removed. Remember our truck beds are not designed to be air-water tight.

Where are you noticing the most "water spray" in your soft-covered truck bed, front, back, sides?
  • ldhardtldhardt Member Posts: 1
    Gene

The problem with my tailgate (2000 Siverado 4.8L 3rd Door ) is is there is a little plastic piece that keeps breaking. The dealership want $150 to fix the problem. I am just try to find a detailed diagram of the tailgate so I could fix this myself.

Larry
  • dtietzdtietz Member Posts: 2
    sorry I didnt get back earlier ! The most leakage is coming in from the 4 odd shaped holes under the bed rails on both sides(8 holes total), I plugged the holes for a temporary fix with duct tape and didnt have any problems so I know thats where the problem comes from but yet the dealer argues that it's my tonneau cover that is causing all the problems, I have been dealing with Chevy customer service several times on this issue and they keep saying take it back to the dealer, what a run around ! CLOSE THEM UP! NO LEAKS ! open them up it leaks again, now I'm getting snow and salt spray in the box too !!

Disgusting !!!
  • oscgolfoscgolf Member Posts: 3
    I decided to fix this myself... and actually it was pretty easy. If you unbolt the latch, it lifts out pretty easy and replacing the plastic clip is fairly simple. I thought about taking pictures at the time to document the procedure, but it was too simple... :)
  • hcasa2hcasa2 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2001 Crew Cab Silverado C1500 HD. The truck makes a rolling popping noise when moving from a dead stop. It only occurs only during the first few revolutions of the drive train. This occurs more after the truck has been driven for 10 minutes or so. The sound can be heard and felt in the vehicle.

I have had it in for service several times and they cannot find anything. Does anyone know what causes this noise and is it destructive???
  • shukeepershukeeper Member Posts: 1
    I have an 06' Silverado with a stuck tailgate,I tried WD-40 but no luck. The handle clicks to unlatch it and the left side unlocks, but the right side latch doesn't seem to be moving. I tried pulling, pushing and damn near kicking it open! Please send me some advice s I don't need the dealer. Thanks :mad:
  • snot2snot2 Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact problem with my 2007 Silverado ( New Style ). My tonneau seems like it could just fly off at 65 mph. I was thinking of a Great Stuff material, but don't want it looking like crap. What was your fix if any?
  • elentzelentz Member Posts: 5
    The right side actuating rod on my 2001 Sierra tailgate handle came loose and I had to remove the bezel and stick my finger in there to pull the rod manually. The plastic rod retainer is broken and I have not yet found a source for replacement parts. Duct tape worked for a few months. If anyone knows where to buy the rod ends, please inform us.
    Where can I buy new plastic clips?
    This sounds like the normal noise my locking differential makes for the first few yards while unlocking.
  • fernandoqfernandoq Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Did a little searching and was the cheapest price I found was 440 US. Anyone know a place that might be cheaper?

:sick:
  • tommy67tommy67 Member Posts: 1
    :) Monroe Ceramics Series Premium Brake Pads

Monroe Ceramics brake pads feature a true ceramic formulation that promotes cooler, cleaner and quieter stops.

Cooler Stops
    - Up to 350° cooler than other brake materials
    - Minimal rotor wear
    - Longer pad life
    - Consistent, comfortable and smooth braking power

Cleaner Stops
    - Formulated without ferrous metals*

Quieter Stops
    - Precise control of vehicle NVH (noise/vibration/harshness)

*Limited high heat and severe use applications contain some metallic fibers.

*********** REBATE!!! ********

NOW THROUGH MAY 31ST

- BUY 1 SET OF CERAMIC SERIES PADS AND GET $15 BACK!
    - BUY 2 SETS OF EITHER CERAMIC SERIES OR DYNAMIC SERIES BRAKE PADS AND GET $30 at www.specialtyautosource.com
  • auntkrustyauntkrusty Member Posts: 3
    The green plastic clip that holds the right side rod broke. Where did you get your replacement clip?
  • otto8otto8 Member Posts: 116
    Those darn cheap plastic clips!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo either try your local big box parts store and look in the "HELP" section
    (aka Motormite or Dorman) as they have a bunch of china knockoff replacement parts. Bring in your broken clip and look for a replacement assortment pack of
    clips.
    I know the dealer won't have the clip and a new replacement handle with clips is about $80. The HELP knockoff replacement with new clips is $30.

Heres a company that sells them tho:
    http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/GM_Tailgate_Rod_Clip_3_16_Rod_Size_p/a18926.htm-
    Looks like this?:
  • theprothepro Member Posts: 2
    This truck has a power sunroof. It's possible for the dealer to add the sliding rear window to this truck? its the texas edition. he said u cant. its only glass.
  • theprothepro Member Posts: 2
  • scrubbydubbyscrubbydubby Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. The chrome gill has a black Chevy emblem on it instead of the gold one, as is the one on the endgate. Is this a special edition or why is it different from normal?
  • pdh3pdh3 Member Posts: 2
    I had my outside mirror defroster on and I noticed the driver's side mirror and inside rear view mirror darkening to the point it was like looking through tinted glass on the outside mirror and the inside one turned completely black. I notice both were quite warm to the touch so I turned off the defroster and shortly thereafter both mirrors clear to their normal state.

I talked to the dealer but they have never heard of this problem. I was wondering if there was a short circuit problem. As anyone out there experienced anything similar??
  • pdh3pdh3 Member Posts: 2
  • lsabourinlsabourin Member Posts: 3
    My tailgate got stuck today after I closed it. Never had this problem before on my "99" silverado or any gm truck. How in the hell do you get it open?
  • dmitch8dmitch8 Member Posts: 1
    I tried your suggestions about pulling the plastic piece around the handle,
    but it seems that the other end is broken. Not the clips at the handle they are in good shape and are working. So how do I get the tailgate open so I can repair it. I have
    a spray on bed liner. :cry:
  • mweber5mweber5 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if the hood release is adjustable, I.e. so the cable can be shortened to enable the hood to be released? Currently takes two people and would like to adjust rather than replace if possible.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • mweber5mweber5 Member Posts: 2
This discussion has been closed.