Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Seat Belt Warning Tone

rsaxton1rsaxton1 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Audi
I am all for safety and always use my seatbelt. But the annoying thing with my 2007 A4 is that when I am in park, with the engine running and my seatbelt unfastened as the driver, I get the annoying warning tone - every 24 seconds for 5 seconds over a 5 minute period. A simple "one-time" tone would be OK, as is the case for passengers. Is there any way to override the warning tone under this scenario?

Comments

• dmandman Member Posts: 24
    You need a VAG com tool (I forget the exact name) or find someone with one. It hooks up to the car and you can change factory settings.
  • audigirl1audigirl1 Member Posts: 1
    i agree that noise is really annoying - where can you get one of those tools?
  • 604doc604doc Member Posts: 182
  • audiboyaudiboy Member Posts: 1
    Do you know what channel or datablock to go to shut it off?
  • gabe6581gabe6581 Member Posts: 1
    I am all for safety and always use my seatbelt. But the annoying thing with my 2007 A4 is that when I am in park, with the engine running and my seatbelt unfastened as the driver, I get the annoying warning tone - every 24 seconds for 5 seconds over a 5 minute period. A simple "one-time" tone would be OK, as is the case for passengers. Is there any way to override the warning tone under this scenario

you don't need a vag comm nothing all you need to do is stick a toothpick in and push down that chrome metal piece till you hear the locking mechanism pop out. it pops out in the middle so you don't wanna push in from the middle rather then the edges. that will disable the warning tone and to enable it just release the belt
  • radhika3radhika3 Member Posts: 2
This discussion has been closed.