Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford News

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,679
    I have some polarized glasses, but they are tinted. According to my optometry place, there is no such thing as non-tinted polarized lenses... yet I cannot imagine that to be true. So, i have these yellow "high contrast" lenses that I tried last year. They work well for reducing glare, but I find they darken my view enough that I cannot wear them safely during normal driving - I just can't see well ahead.

Luckily, I live in an area that generally does not have high traffic volumes, so I can just shade my "bad eye" on the days the glare really bothers me.
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
  • cannon3cannon3 Posts: 296
    I don't know where people are getting $25,000 for a Ford Focus?? I paid just over $19,000 for my Ford Focus Hatchback SE, sport package,winter package, convenience package, sunroof. Pkg 204A. Yes, I did have rebates. Very nicely equipped and right in there when comparing option for option to other vehicles in this class. Great little car. Ford should have brought this Focus over years earlier. Americans are not used to this kind of quality/refinement in small cars. In Europe small cars rule, and they know how to build them!

Ford is on a roll and as with any car brand you will have those who don't like it. The new Fusion is going to blow away the Camry and Accord. Just in safety features alone it will make them pale in comparison. Styling i know is subjective. I like it. However, I really liked the stack head lamp look of the 2006-2009 Fusion, wish they would have built on that. I think the 2013 Fusion is going to make Honda and Toyota look just plain frumpy.
    With reliability becoming such a non-factor because these numbers are within points of each other, I believe safety, MPG, and innovations are going to win consumers over the next decade. I believe Ford Motor Company will be here for the next 100 years providing quality vehicles.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,182
    Not really car related, as much as "Ford" related. It was pretty much a reality show based around the new Ford Escape. Didn't hear much about it after the initial advertising. Looks like it was a failed experiment.

link title
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,935
    "Ford Motor Co. will offer more new car models over the next three years than any other automaker, according to a Bank of America/Merrill Lynch report released Wednesday.

Ford will change 26 percent of its lineup for the model years 2013 through 2016 compared with an industry average of 23 percent, the bank's annual "Car Wars" report said."

Ford to lead rollouts of new models (Detroit News)

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• berriberri Posts: 4,268
    I'll be curious to see how that Euro look craze at Ford does over time as more of their vehicles come out reflecting it. Same for eco-boost turbos.
    After years of restructuring its balance sheet, Ford got back its investment grade rating at Moody's Tuesday and with it the Blue Oval logo, which the automaker mortgaged in the past.

Ford Gets Back Its Investment Grade Rating and the Ford Blue Oval (streetinsider.com)

That's a good thing or the greedy Wall Streeters would have probably sold it to some Chinese company!
    edited May 2012
    The Chinese would probably just say, nice try Jac. (MotorTrend - note the badge)

Jac - as in Nasser. Just kidding. You're right, they've probably got a knock off already.
    Forgot about the former Ford CEO. Only a real car guy would make that connection. :D

Hard to believe, but it's been seven years since Ford was in junk status. Mulally signed on six years ago.

"Ford Motor Co.'s President and Chief Executive Alan Mulally says the company can't build enough vehicles to meet consumer demand.

Mulally said Ford would continue to boost production this year and acknowledged that supply issues will prevent it from building as many vehicles as it wants."

Ford can't build enough vehicles to meet demand (Detroit News)

Sounds like a great problem to have. Short supplies mean higher values and less time on the lots, so I'm sure dealers aren't crying to much about it.

Of course, I also wouldn't mind if their production numbers come up before I buy, so I can work out a better deal. :shades:
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
    Are you an active duty member of the U.S. military in the process of shopping for a new or used car? A news reporter is interested in talking with you. Please contact pr@edmunds.com by June 30, 2012.

edited June 2012
    "What is this shameful Mustang-shaped hole in my heart? Why can I actually, practically imagine myself owning one of these redneck hoo-hahs? What need would it satisfy? Admit it, the Ford Mustang has baggage. Six-cylinder Mustangs are chick cars. I'm sorry, it's in the Bible. And when people start piling horsepower on top of the V8-powered cars—a rogue's gallery of Saleens and Roushes and Super Snakes—they get completely ridiculous. Commuting in one is like wearing a bejeweled codpiece to work.
    And yet, as I imagine what it would be like to own our test car—a 662-horsepower, 200-mph Ford Mustang Shelby GT500—I dig it."

Obliterate Boredom (WSJ)

"The company’s chief financial officer, Robert Shanks, said in an interview that conditions in Europe were “getting tougher,” as manufacturers stepped up discounts to jump-start sales, which are at their lowest level in more than a decade. “We lost $190 million in the first quarter, and it will be three times greater than that” in the second quarter, Mr. Shanks said in the interview, held at Ford’s world headquarters."

Ford Motor, Citing Europe’s Woes, Says Foreign Losses to Triple in Quarter (New York Times)

"In June, the Ford Escape set an any-month record – with sales up 28 percent –
    while the Ford Fusion set a record for June. Ford Explorer sales were up 35
    percent from last year, and F-Series sales are up 11 percent and topped 50,000
    for the first June in five years."

Ford Motor Company June and Year-to-Date Sales Up 7% (Bloomberg)

edited July 2012
    Since no one seems to care about sales reports, how about knowing how many ping-pong balls a Ford Escape can hold?

Ford using ping-pong balls to measure interior cargo space (Detroit News)

• fezofezo Posts: 9,442
    Isn't that an old Ludwig Von Drake trick?
    Just so you don't feel bad, Steve, I do look at and review the reports you post here. I just don't always have something to say about them.... :blush:
    2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Beats Toyota Prius V in Fuel-Economy Race, Says Ford (Inside Line)

The naysayers comment that the C-Max should really be compared to a regular Prius, not the V.

My wife says the interior room would be the deciding factor for her. We're not doing anything until the old cars die though.

• bpizzutibpizzuti Posts: 2,743
    So the Toyota fanbois say it doesn't count? Gee, what a surprise.
    Hey, are you calling my wife a fanboi?

:P

If the Prius fits... :shades:
    It would fit nicely in the garage. But that "wave your foot, open the hatch" gizmo on the C-Max is pretty cool.

Yeah, wish they could have put it on the Focus too.
    Ford gets hammered by JD Power for their tech implementation but there's a reason for working out the bugs:

"For Bryan Espey, 26, who works marketing for a check-printing company in Lenexa, Kan., the decision between a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium and a Volkswagen Golf TDI came down to which made it easier to play the Spotify Internet music service from his Android phone, he said. He chose the Focus."

4G Internet more important to Gen Y than V-8 cars (Detroit News)

• anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,182
    No wonder GM rushed out the new Rentibu...

link title

This beats the Camry hybrid and is a serious contender for the current Prius.
    But, I bet you can't get it in a manual. :(

Otherwise, it has everything going for it.
    Sporty looking 4 door sedan.

What eco-conscious person is going to buy that? No one will know your street cred. :P

"Ford Motor Co. says its Focus small car is on track to become the best-selling car in the world this year, trumping the Toyota Corolla.

Ford sold 489,616 Focus sedans and hatchbacks worldwide in the first half of 2012. That was almost 27,000 more than the perennial best-seller, the Toyota Corolla."

Ford Focus on track to beat Toyota Corolla as best-selling car (Detroit News)