Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Ranger Seats and Interior

avery2avery2 Member Posts: 2
i have an 04 ranger and front seat will not tilt to allow access to the rear of cab.Any ideas.
thanks

Comments

• fordtechfordtech Member Posts: 34
    Yeah its an 04 so you should still be under warranty, unless you drive over 1000mi/mo.. If its still under warranty take it back to the dealer and let them fix or replace your tilt system like they are supposed to do..
  • chobsonchobson Member Posts: 2
  • chobsonchobson Member Posts: 2
    anybody out there know what year seats are interchangable. I have a 97 and the seats are real busted, want to put new ones in, however i dont know what years would also fit. thanks.
  • amarceyamarcey Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a '96 Ranger, but previous owner used carpet and upholstery cleaner crap that reeks. Will not air out. (its bad. Thought I'd be able to get it out. Wrong).

Seriously considering a new floor rug and having seats & headliner steam cleaned.

Anyone know how easy/ difficult it would be to get seats out to get rug out...I'm thinking seat belts might be challenging. Any experience anyone?
  • skeeter48348skeeter48348 Member Posts: 1
    Piece of cake. Seats just unbolt and lift out. Seat belts are easy as well but you need a good sized torx wrench. The trim panels are held with plastic pop pins and the heads may pop off when you remove them but really the carpet removal is perhaps a 30 / 45 min job.
    Hi Skeeter48348~
    Thanks for the info about Ford Ranger interior dissassembly. But what about the headliner? Any experience/ advice about removing and replacing?
  • suec56suec56 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to upgrade from my 1995 Ford Ranger and would really like to get the power seat option. As far as I can tell by the sales brochures, that ended in 1998. Can anyone tell me specifically which years have the option of a power driver's seat?

Thanks

Sue
  • bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    I really don't understand why you need this info. You are going to have to go to a salvage and ask them if they have power seats for a Ranger.
    You already have seem to found that the year must be pre-1998. (Are you sure you can't get power seats in a later Ranger? This would seem to be a pretty basic option, and I can't see Ford dis-continuing such a thing.)

On my 1994 STX Ranger it had Power Driver seat, with blow up side and back bolsters. The passenger seat was not power, but did have the side and back bolsters.
    I'm going to replace the 1995 truck with a newer one and was hoping to find one with power seats.
    Well how about that? I went to www.ford.com and selected Vehicles, then Ranger, then Options, and....... they don't have a seat with power options. Only a 'manual lumbar' feature.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I have no idea when they stopped power seats in the Range, and know of no easy to find out.

Maybe people reading on here will say - "I've got a 19xx or 20xx and it has power seats". This could give you an idea of when they were available.

As I said, my 1994 had them. Apparently your 1995, which you are wanting to upgrade, has them.

Good look on getting the info you need.
    I wish. My 95 doesn't have much except a/c. I bought it 18 months ago and it's nice looking and runs well but I want more power and more bells and whistles. And I REALLY miss having cruise control. I didn't realize how much I was going to miss that.

I have looked at the Ford Ranger sales brochures that I bought on eBay and as far as I can tell, 1998 was the last year. Anyone have a newer one with factory power seats? Anyone ever installed *used* power seats in a truck that didn't originally come with them?

Sue
  • montana79montana79 Member Posts: 1
    The handle that controls reclining on the passenger seat in my Ranger broke off and the seat is stuck in the upright position. Any ideas on a quick fix to at least get the seat to recline back to a more comfortable position?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!
  • mkostenmkosten Member Posts: 1
    i am trying to take the dash out of my 1999 ford ranger and im having problems with the wires. ive unhooked them all over the place and still cant get them all out without cutting them is there an easier way of doing it with having to run all the wires when i put the new dash in? i have never done anything like this before i am notg sure if i will be able to put it back together again once i get it all out. kinda sucks. and does anyone know if a 1995 cab will fit on a 1999 truck frame?
  • pongopachupongopachu Member Posts: 1
    Hello all. I have a 2002 Ranger and I need to remove the driver's side seat, since I broke the reclining bolt. Does anyone know what size Torx bit I need? Also, does anyone know if the seat is connected to the airbag system?

Thanks!!!!
  • sisaminahsisaminah Member Posts: 3
    I'm ready to spruce up the interior in my 1996 ford ranger splash. I want to replace upholstery and the seats. Anybody have experience with this? Where is a good place in the Mobile, AL area to have it done? How much will it cost?
  • paulcullpaulcull Member Posts: 2
  • paulcullpaulcull Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone replaced the 60/40 seat in the 95 or similar Ranger? I would like to locate a grey seat in good condition, any suggestions?
  • xramarxxramarx Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1996 Ranger regular cab and it has a bench seat. I would like to know if I can get a 60/40 seat from any other years to put in easily? Also, has anyone figured out why the dome light stays on all the time. I am sure many others have had this problem. Also the buzzer stays on when I put the key in the accessory position?
    The 'door open' switches are bad.

You have to take the door panels off. They are not on the hinges, they are on the locking/door closing mechanism, up on the inside rear. Take the panel off and find the wire. Replace the switch or clean it up with WD40, etc.

You might have one or both door switches bad.
  • pricostrivepricostrive Member Posts: 1
    look as far as the dome light all you have to do is spray ALOT of WD40 into the door latch. that is where the sensor is and it has worked for me and my ranger comrades.
  • spazymaggespazymagge Member Posts: 1
    does any one know any good site to look at for finding stuff to redo the inside of my truck my self
  • rangerdanger4rangerdanger4 Member Posts: 2
    i have a 1999 ford ranger, and had this problem, i went to the parts store and the guy tried to get me to buy a sensor, i was then going to adjust the latch the door hooks onto, instead i heard about WD40 working, i shot it in there and sure enough it worked like a champ, no problems since!
  • rangerdanger4rangerdanger4 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1999 Ford ranger with the 60/40 seat, the drivers side is in rough shape as far as the reclining ability goes, the fabric is good, is there any way to fix it so i can actually adjust it and not pull the "low rider" Bs that i have been for a couple of days, any advice would greatly help!
  • jorr2jorr2 Member Posts: 2
  • jorr2jorr2 Member Posts: 2
    My safety belt passenger side 2004 ranger 4x4 will not engage (click in). any idea of the cause?
    Your kid pushed a penny into it.
  • qtwhitbyqtwhitby Member Posts: 1
    I Have a 97 ranger and need a bench seat do you still have it?
    we bought a 60/40 seats grey they do not fit