Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi News

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    would de ya think of new Mitsubishi i-MiEV? Does it kind of stand out from the other cars a bit?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    very cool car. Mitsu should start selling em in US asap: it would be selling well, and it would be a great publicity for the company. They mentioned the price in low $20s
    excellent news. And it should get you the $7,500 Obama rebate against that, too. If it has a 16kwh motor. Low $20's ain't too bad for that car.

• mikevegas06mikevegas06 Member Posts: 272
    "Mitsu should start selling em in US asap..."

Looks like the US is just over a year away from the i-MiEV launch...

Mitsubishi and Peugeot team up on EVs

Tokyo, Japan - Mitsubishi Motors and PSA Peugeot Citroën have announced they will collaborate on electric vehicles (EV), based on a vehicle currently under development by Mitsubishi in Japan.

In June 2008, both companies began a feasibility study of the development, manufacture and use of an electric powertrain for small urban vehicles. The companies have now reached an understanding that will allow PSA to partner with Mitsubishi for the development of an electric vehicle for Europe, based on Mitsubishi’s i MiEV. The car will be manufactured by Mitsubishi and sold under the Peugeot brand, in parallel to Mitsubishi’s own European i MiEV.

The companies said this will be mutually beneficial, since the collaboration will ease and accelerate the introduction of these electric vehicles in the European market. The companies are now in negotiation on a cooperative agreement, with a target market launch at the end of 2010, or the very beginning of 2011.

PSA Peugeot Citroën is the largest global manufacturer of EVs to date, with more than 10,000 units sold. Mitsubishi will launch the i MiEV in Japan during the summer of 2009, and is currently involved in testing and promotional activities in Japan, New Zealand, the U.S. and across Europe. In parallel to the 2010 European launch of the MiEV, the company is examining several markets for the vehicle, including the United States.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/2009/03/02/mitsubishi-and-peugeot-team-up-on-evs.h- tm
    U.S. And they are officially collaborating with Peugeot to produce and sell the all-electrically-driven vehicles. Thanks for the update, mikevegas06.

That sounds like a good way to do it, as far as the European brand of the two already existing in that market and aware of the safety and emission rules. Well, we know the i-MiEV won't be polluting the European skies much!

• elgatolocoelgatoloco Member Posts: 92
    Ever since the production Miev first came to light about two years ago Mitsubishi has been very coy about the North American market potential for this product. Electric infrastructure questions, higher speed limits, etc..etc.. Very frustrating when gas was hitting $4.00 a gallon to imagine that Mitsu would not see the potential for large sales here.

However, there have been several press releases on the Mitsubishi / Peugeot tie up in the last two days and most of them have mentioned the phrase " Including the United States" at the end. I don't think Mitsu would use that particular wording unless they had pretty well made up their mind.

Hopefully those test cars in California are performing well because I just saw some info and pics of the different Miev's at Geneva. This would be a great product to bring to North America.
    I would like a little bit more range than 100 miles or 110, which IIRC is the i-MiEV's range as it stands. That would work for a lot of the driving population, indeed. However, there's that re-charging infrastructure aspect once again. I want to be able to drive west to Tucson(about 80 miles)and back again for shopping, movies and better restaurants. We go there often in the '08 Lancer GTS. I would be much more comfortable with a range of about 180-200 miles. But I may be able to finaggle a solution because there is a Mitsubishi dealership in Tucson by the name of Wildcat Mitsubishi, and I'll bet if I came in to Tucson and bought an i-MiEV from them directly they would let me charge up there while in Tucson. Mitsubishi sells as an option a charger you can plug in for an 80% charge-up in only 30 minutes.

It is an impressive car, though, and after owning and enjoying our '08 Lancer GTS and seeing how well it's built, I have the utmost confidence in Mitsu to put together an awesome all-electric. I have to say I'm very interested in the car at this point.

Mitsubishi Motors Reports February Sales

Mitsubishi Motors today announced February 2009 sales of 4,484.
    This is a decrease of 50.8 percent compared to February 2008 sales of 9,105.

It's a tough climate right now. Hopefully our economy will bottom out in the second quarter and we can enjoy some upswing from that point forward. Bring on the iMiEV!!!!
    I was just wondering if anybody knows if Mitsu and Hyundai are sharing the 3.8 V6 and 2.0 I4 Turbo engines? I know that the 3.8 in the current Mitsu's sold in the US has an aluminum head/iron block and the Hyundai uses an aluminum head/block but is it the "same engine". Also, Hyndai isn't known for turbos so, maybe that's a 4B11 unit that's in the base Genisis Coupe? I do remember that the 2.4 I4 was co-devloped my Mitsu/Hyundai/Chrysler.

Hey Oldfarmer, I just noticed that "Mitsubishi" does not appear anywhere on the exterior of the current generation Eclipse. I thought is was just a leftover from a few years back when Mitsu was trying to push "emblem idenity". (Sort of like everyone knows that the circled T is the Toyota emblem). I don't think this is the case with the Eclipse though. After looking at the car for sometime yesterday, it came to me that it has too many curves for the upright "MITSUBISHI" plate.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,635
    "...wondering if anybody knows if Mitsu and Hyundai are sharing the 3.8 V6 and the turbo I4 engines?..."

I was wondering that myself. If I recall, the 3.8 that Mitsu uses is a variation of a long standing engine. There is a good description of this family on Wikipedia. They say that this engine has been built in configurations with 2.0 to 3.8 liters all with a cast iron block.

While I can't be sure, I doubt the Mitsu and Hyundai engines are the same. Hyundai gets over 300hp out of their's in the Genesis Coupe while my Eclipse only gets 263hp. Doesn't seem like they are likely to be the same plant.

"...Hey Oldfarmer, I just noticed..."

Yeah, that's true. "Mitsubishi" doesn't appear on the Eclipse. Perhaps it's because as they were bringing out the new model they were just coming off some scandals and didn't want to queer the sales environment. Your observations are echoed by the Edmunds test team during their long term test of the Eclipse.

I actually like that fact as it doesn't give the Mitsu bashers anything to gripe about and it gives my car an air of mystery (one guy thought it was a Porsche).

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Didn't really surprise me that much when I heard about it. The Concept RA was the last thing that studio really put together for car shows and that was over a year ago. The rebadged Dodge/ Raider pickup was one of the few designs in the last couple of years that made it into production and that was mostly just some fender flares and a new nose job. Ditto the Galant Ralliart, a 3.8 V-6 with some air dams. That said,I'm sure there were some talented people at that studio inhibited by a limited budget because that RA concept kicks [non-permissible content removed] imo.

I remember reading when Mitsu finally separated from Daimler Chrysler they retired the designer, French guy, can't remember his name, who had designed the jutting schnoz used on the 04-07 Outlanders, Lancers and Diamantes. ( He had been picked for the job by Daimler I believe ) After that unfortunate chapter the company went with their designs from Japan R & D for the new Outlanders and Lancers. Same bunch came up with the redesigned Colts, pickups and all the MiEV concepts too. I have to say, again, just my opinion, that the newer stuff in the last year or two, along with the concepts, are some of the coolest looking cars this company has ever put out.

Btw, the article didn't mention that Mitsubishi also closed their European R & D center as well. Basically another unfortunate cost cutting move amid tough times.
    Looks like the Normal plant will start pumping out Lancers and Outlanders mostly.

I really hope that the Eclipse makes it. I know that sales are lack luster right now, but that name plate seems to be very valuable imo. I understand that the Evo is king, but some of us would surely like to have a beastly coupe to aspire to one day. I'd love to see a coupe version of the Lancer Ralliart. Seems like that would make a very good Eclipse. Not sure how much re-tooling is needed for such a change though.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "In 2006 Mitsubishi's U.S. sales totaled 118,558 and 128,993 in 2007, which was Mitsubishi's best year in the U.S. since 2004.

But with the U.S. economy plunging in the second half of 2008, Mitsubishi's full-year sales slid to 97,257, a 24.6-percent dive compared with 2007, according to data from Edmunds.com, which also indicated Mitsubishi ceded 0.1-percent of U.S. market share from 2007 to 2008."

Subaru and Mitsubishi Among Japanese Makers Seeking Government Loans (AutoObserver)

Come on steve, give poor old Mitsu a loan. Otherwise they won't bring out their new EV and the globe will boil over. :cry:

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

You forget to mention that the i MiEV is a finalist for WCOTY.
    In Europe, Japanese automaker Mitsubishi announced plans to restructure that including moving its corporate headquarters and eliminating jobs.

Mitsubishi Restructures in Europe (AutoObserver)
  • psychogunpsychogun Member Posts: 129
    From the teaser photos it appears that the Outlander will look mean as hell. I guess that's a good thing. The performance enhancemants sound intriguing, especially the "Neutral Logic".
    I know where I'd turn if I wanted an SUV again, that thing rocks! Yeah, the neutral tech. is great. Can't wait to learn more about this SUV. April 9th for us, eh?

Nice to see a (kinda) firm commitment from Mitsu on the i MiEV in North America. I suppose it's common knowledge by now that the units slated for sale this summer in Japan have already been spoken for. Yeah, 100% of the 2009 production is officially sold. Seems the only bugaboo holding back increased production is the lithium-ion battery pack availability.

I'm sure a few glitches might show up in the next year or two with this vehicle but I still think there is a sizable market here no matter where the price of oil finally settles at. Inner-city and suburbia will love this car.

Good news about a gasoline powered model as well.
    it seems that Peugeot is wanting Mitsubishi to produce their new i-MiEV for them. Also, apparently Saturn wants Mitsu to produce cars for them. Read both of those this morning, as well as what I have suspected, that Mitsubishi sales have stabilized and they are comfortable as a U.S.-sales entity.

http://blogs.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1020914_mitsubishi-could-supply-new- - - -cars-to-saturn

This is great news for me, for the longer I drive my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, the more I love the car. To me, the looks of the '08 Lancer GTS are unequalled anywhere in the industry, too.

I learned yesterday while cruising around Tucson that Jim Click now sells Mitsubishi's in Tucson. Jim Click Hyundai, Jim Click Ford, Jim Click Subaru, you get the picture. He has a lot at the Tucson Auto Mall, which is on the upper west end of the city of Tucson, just west of the Tucson Mall. Yesterday, while driving away from my east Tucson dentist appoinment, I was looking to my left while waiting at a stoplight, and to my amazement I read a sign that said Mitsubishi Used Cars. Yet, I saw an '09 Mitsubishi Outlander, so he's obviously selling news Mitsubishi rigs as well. Which is exciting news, because now I can buy a Mitsubishi i-MiEV and re-charge it in Tucson while shopping. I go there a few times every other week already, so this is a natural fit for me.

This is no doubt the all-electric car for me, I am totally stricken with Mitsubishi's solid powertrains and attention to detail in my '08 Lancer GTS. I just know that my i-MiEV would hold up very well.

There's a good reason that so many Chinese automakers ask for engines from Mitsubishi. They're good. A big duh!

Do you think the Chinese are interested in wasting their time whilst getting a foothold in building cars? Of course not. Oh, BTW. Watch out for the Chinese automobile invasion. It's coming and it's very real.

If BYD and their e6 are offered with a long Warranty I may be swayed to buy an e6. But if they're gonna namby-pamby around and offer the e6 with a wimpy GM-type 3 year and 36,000 mile Warranty, forget buying an e6, people. They'd be fools to offer the e6 with anything less than a Hyundai/Kia/Mitsubishi 10 year and 100,000 mile Warranty.

Warren Buffet and Company, are you reading this? Have BYD offer a long Warranty, and your U.S. sales will double for the F3DM and e6. Just a few of my thoughts.

But the 2010 Mitsubishi i-MiEV just got that much closer to being my first all-electric automobile, seeing that a very stable Tucson auto sales conglomerate had the wisdom to glob on to Mitsubishi sales. They will be happy they did.

BTW, the 2010 Mitsubishi i-MiEV will probably cost around $29,995 in the U.S., plus or minus $2,000 either way. Minus Obama's $7,500 rebate, you're looking at about $23,000 MSRP.

For a BYD e6, you're looking at a price of about $28,000, minus the Obama rebate you're looking at a MSRP of about $20,500. So, the e6 is a very strong contender to the i-MiEV, if price sways you.

Build quality would go to Mitsubishi, hands down. No comparison there, at all. So, the addition of Jim Click Mitsubishi to southern Arizona car shoppers and Mitsubishi's great new all-electric i-MiEV and their solid engineering reputation would give the nod to us getting an i-MiEV and not a 2011 BYD e6.

Oh, I have talked to Mitsubishi Motors North America about the i-MiEV. I could hear the excitement radiating from her voice as we discussed the new i-MiEV. The car is being test-marketed in the UK and a fleet of i-MiEV's is being driven there already. The car will do well in London and in Paris, and I would think Germany, but they'd have to get past the loyalty of the Deutsche to Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen.

Portland, OR, an-already green metropolity, is building charging stations, and there is talk all over Europe now of building charging stations. Money is the big stumbling block as the worldwide recession still looms over "green car" development.

The numbers aren't good, just better...

Mitsubishi Motors Reports May 2009 Sales

CYPRESS, Calif., June 2, 2009: Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today announced May 2009 sales of 4,352. May sales, up 11% from April and were led by Mitsubishi's volume leader Lancer. Lancer sales increased 20% from April.

MMNA Executive Vice President of Operations John Koenig noted, "We are encouraged by the strength of our distinctive Lancer and Outlander models, which have been consistent performers this year. And, we are hopeful the positive trend we see in May continues as we progress into the summer selling season and add the new Lancer Sportback to the mix," Koenig added. Mitus May Sales
    I see more and more Galants on the road in my area. These are not brand new models either. It seems that these cars hold up pretty well if their number are any indication.

BTW, my area is a very snobby Honda-Toyota Only zone so to see this many Galants running around is interesting.

• toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    I see a lot of Galant's, too. They're a great used car value. I looked at new ones last year, redesign is sharp, but interior and NVH doesn't match it's competitors.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
    Yikes! 45K? At that price it had better mow my grass while I sleep and have coffee ready in the morning. :confuse:

boys.

5 new electric cars on the road by 2013.

http://www.allcarselectric.com/blog/1021399_mitsubishi-announces-bold-plans-to-r- - - - - elease-5-more-evs-by-2013

Mitsubishi has high hopes for electric and hybrid vehicles and they are hedging their bets on this advanced technology well into the future as they have provided outlined plans indicating their desires to introduce 5 additional electric models within the next 4 years.

The company intends to sell at least 30,000 electric vehicles by 2013 and even more shocking they intend to make a profit from these vehicles.

The announcement came shortly after their first electric vehicle the i-MiEV went into production. The new vehicles coming from the company are outlined in a plan that they call the Mitsubishi Motors Group Environmental Vision 2020. By 2020, Mitsubishi believes that 20% of their vehicles will be electric.

The larger electric car sounds interesting as does the sporty version of the new i-MiEV all-electric they just sent in to production. I'm so enamored with my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS right now that trading the car in would sadden me. :cry:

So I'll just keep it and enjoy it. ;)

Great post iluvmy...
    Contrary to popular opinion, Mitsu is building a foundation that should keep it in business and profitable for quite some time. How's your Lancer doing BTW?

I sure hate to see the Eclipse go away. Seems inevitable though since none of the PA (or is it PS, I always get confused on that platform name?) are no longer being produced. Is the Normal facility going through a re-tooling yet or will that come a little later? Additionally, does anyone know/care to speculate on the future of the 3.8L mill?
    maybe elgatoloco or rcpax can fill us in on that entire last paragraph of yours. I don't know.

Our '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS is running like an absolute top and I grow fonder of the car every day. It's absolutely gorgeous and is now my favorite car body of all time, pushing aside the '65 Ford Mustang it used to share that honor with. Lovin' it!

The tires I bought in Dec.'08(Pirelli P-Zero Nero P215/45R18 M+S Pinna's)are great tires. I have found my favorite tire and that is not always an easy thing to find. They grip like champs and are as smooth as silk on the road. Absolute dreamcake tires. :shades:

The Eclipse, Eclipse Spyder, Endeavor, and Galant are based on the PS platform (a.k.a. Project America).
    Production of all four models has resumed.
    http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2009/05/23/news/doc4a18cd4a73ecf344189241.txt-
    You may recall the 2008 Concept RA, which many feel could be the next Eclipse. http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2008/01/2008-detroit-auto-show-mitsubishi-- concept-ra.html
    With Mitsubishi focusing more on small, fuel-efficient vehicles, there are no guarantees we'll see a redesigned Eclipse... Ironically, strong sales of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe could spur Mitsubishi to continue the Eclipse nameplate...
    As for the 3.8l V6 (6G75 and 6G75 MIVEC), this engine is also used in the Montero/Pajero/Shogun globally. The engine is a very old design and this is likely the final iteration of it. Mitsubishi may replace it with a bored out version of the 6B31 3.0l V6 found in the Outlander down the road (they may even add GDI)... That's pure speculation however...
    Thanks for the post Psychogun. Do you happen to know if Hyundai's 2.0T mill is based on Mitsu's 4B11 unit found in the Evo? Seems like they (the engines) would be related since the two companies have shared technology for years.
    a hybrid and bring it here by 2013.

http://www.allcarselectric.com/blog/1021672_breaking-news-mitsubishi-to-sell-plu- - g-in-hybrid-version-of-i-miev-in-2013

Information is scarce, but the source is reliable as Mitsubishi announced at its annual shareholders meeting yesterday is Tokyoe that they intend to sell a plug-in hybrid version of the I-MiEV in 2013.

According to the company, the vehicle is in the plans at this point. Why a plug-in version? It would significantly reduce the cost of the vehicle and give the added benefit of the range of the gasoline engine. No word is out as to what the hybrid set up would consist of.

Little else is known at this point, but we will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Source: Bloomberg.com

Very nice.

"...The PA are no longer being produced..."

I didn't know that. It's sad but I think the Project America platform was too heavy for the current mania for fuel economy. Very safe cars but heavy.

You say the Eclipse is going away. What about that RA diesel concept they were showing a while back?

"...speculate on the future of the 3.8L mill?..."

The 3.8L from what I have read is based on a very old design which has been around for years with many versions, some as small as 2.0L. The big problem I see is the cast iron block which I think puts an extra 75 pounds on the car. If they can't build it with aluminium I don't see a future for it.

Having said that, I find the 3.8L in my Eclipse to be smooth as silk and a real [non-permissible content removed]-kicker. Say what you will, Mitsubishi makes one fine running engine. I have a 2.5L 6cyl. in my old Chrysler which is of the same design. At 115K miles it still runs like new and uses NO OIL between changes. :)

hybrid. All-right! I am now going to have a way to buy the i-MiEV, which I love, and still be able to go across the country in it. Or, at least to L.A. or Tucson on vacation. Actually, Tucson is only 80 miles west of us. That'll now be a piece of cake.

I can now stay loyal to Mitsubishi and buy one of these new 2010 i-MiEV hybrids. I am so excited, because I love the i-MiEV design, both engineering inside and body outside. Yahoo!

I love it when a carmaker makes my purchasing decisions easier for me. :blush:

My pleasure Mike.
    The 4B11T is one of Mitsubishi's versions of the GEMA global engine.
    Contrary to what most automotive mags say, only the basic block design of the engine was created by Hyundai. Heads, internals, VVT/piston/injection systems, forced induction, etc. were all manufacturer specific. Without any disrespect for Hyundai, let's not forget that much of what Hyundai learned about engines came from Mitsubishi since the late 70's.
    As such, the 4B11T found in the Lancer RalliArt and Lancer Evolution X are only related to the Hyundai 2.0l Turbo via the block. The variable valve timing system, turbo, piping, internals, etc. are all different.
    Yeah. The pure e-car version costs way too much for ordinary public consumption. I agree, the hybrid makes more sense for now. I'm glad that Mitsu is working hard to stay in America. Seems like some people want Mitsu to die and go away -- I just don't get it. Competition makes the products we buy that much better.
    Oldfarmer,
    I'm with you. I just don't see how that 3.8 is gonna live much longer if they don't covert it over to aluminum. Even, if they do that, I think it's too big for cars based on the Lancer platform. Either way, I hope the Eclipse lives on for years to come.

I forgot that you had a Chrysler with an earlier version of that engine. I used to love the Sebring coupe.

I drove a used 06 Eclipse GT (manual) last week. Before I drove it, the sales guy said, "You're not gonna believe how powerful this thing is. And it's smooth and sounds great when you start to get on it." He was right. I'm not sure if I could contain myself if I drove it everyday.

Psychogun - thanks for the info.
    choice for new world order Mitsubishi Lancer GTS'.

Lookin' good, huh? I think the reason it works is those very cool Seattle Sonic 10-spokers. :shades:

With how fun to drive this car is because it is designed and built by experts to hug and hold the road, this car is the automotive pinnacle in sporty, fun-to-drive cars that also look so very hot and sexy.

This is it my car-crazy buddies. :D

I agree. That's a good look in silver. Have you driven the 2.4L yet?
    no, I have not, but there is a very aggressive salesman or two at my Avondale, AZ, dealer who would love me to. Last time I was in there I looked at a car just like mine but it would have had the 2.4L because it was an '09.

This was a very cool looking '09 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS because it was in the Mitsubishi paint shade of "Ignition Orange", much like that new Eclipse orange. Nice looking car, it had the automatic CVT tranny, too. And it had the same Sun and Sound package mine has.

It just don't get no betta than this, gentlemen. ;)

July 1, 2009 --CYPRESS, Calif. --
    Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today announced June 2009 sales of 4,362. June sales showed a modest increase over May of this year. However, this month over month sales increase defies the typical seasonality trend for this period.

"While June was a challenging sales month for automakers, there are indications that U.S. auto sales are entering a long, slow turn in the right direction. We are encouraged by the improved May and June sales figures showing a month over month increase, and hope to strengthen this momentum in the coming months," said MMNA Executive Vice President of Operations John Koenig.

Koenig said there's additional good news for MMNA on the product front. "The five-door Lancer Sportback Ralliart and GTS that we're adding to our lineup this summer are being enthusiastically received by dealers," he added. "This is an exciting extension of the award-winning Lancer family of economical and fun-to-drive cars."

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells coupes, convertibles, sedans, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks through a network of approximately 420 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com or just click here
    is this the new Ralliart Lancer in Ignition Orange, or is it a new EVO X in Ignition Orange? It doesn't have the EVO X wheel wells, it must be the new Lancer Ralliart. Good lookin' vehicle.

I focus so much on my Mitsubishi Lancer GTS and don't pay attention to the other Lancers. Is this the Ralliart Lancer for 2009?

Wow, we're both up pretty early in the AM this AM. I go to work later this AM at 6:00, work four hours and then go on my week off. Whoo-hoo!

The '08 Lancer has an appointment tomorrow AM at Jim Click Mitsubishi in Tucson. Oil change and I'll probably get a tire rotation, too, the Pirelli P-Zero Nero's I've had since December, put about 10,000 miles on them, and haven't had them rotated yet. I am a believer in the wisdom of having your radials rotated, too. They just opened up their Mitsu store, though Jim Click has like 12 other Tucson car dealerships. He's huge, one of the nation's most successful car dealership conglomerates. Which is really good news for my Mitsubishi future. I plan on researching an all-electric or more likely a hybrid i-MiEV round about 2013.

Once can never start planning their next new car purchase too soon, eh? :shades:

roll, here's another one.

The car looks good in this color, too, and I'm not very familiar with the steel metallic grey this appears to be. I sure like their Ignition Orange, I like it a lot. ;)

Yep. That's the Ralliart, new for 09. The wheels, front bumper, and the tiny insignia on the left (driver's side) of the front grill are indicators in your pic. The Sportback (hatchback) returns late this summer as a 2010 model and it will have a Ralliart version as well. I'm very interested in the Sportback.

A new Mitsu store has opened? WOW! As you stated, that is good news for Mitsu.

Hope that everyone had a good holiday.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    That is a sharp Lancer. That's cool they're coming out with the Sportback, too.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
    yeah, I took the Lancer in for service at Jim Click. L-O-F, tire rotation, and new wiper blade refills. Also a good washing, the car looked like new when I got it afterwards. They did a good job, I spoke of the virtues of the Mitsubishi name for a while with a salesman.

After a while I decided to walk to the Park Place Mall, by favorite fun-time Mall in Tucson. But it was hot, I only had time to walk quickly there and then shop for tenny runners at Sears. Then I went to Border's Books and read up on some cool car magazines, including one called Evo that I recommend to y'all. Check one out sometime. Had a good weekend, including some fun tennis with my son here in sunny Willcox. I love tennis, it's great for your bod. The more you work the more it helps your body out. :P

according to their CEO.

Their plant in Normal, Illinois is only running at 10% capacity and may soon have to shut down, production there has declined 83% this year.

Despite the fact that current Mitsubishi models aren't exactly hot sellers in the US market, the company has high hopes for their upcoming pure battery electric car. The i-MiEV has already started mass production in Japan where it goes on sale this month. The five seater will retail for $49,000 and has a 100 mile driving range.

Mitsubishi Motors president Osamu Masuko says “We will never give up the U.S. market. The U.S. will return to being the world’s biggest market.”

http://www.allcarselectric.com/blog/1022119_mitsubishi-could-be-forced-leave-the- -us-and-take-its-i-miev-electric-car-with-it

iluvmy...
    Great post. Glad that Mitus is comitted to the US. Looks like the Normal facility with have to re-tool at some point to start producing the Lancer and Outlander. I was looking at Mitsu's global website and the current lineup no longer includes the Eclipse, Galant, or Endeavor.