Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Scion tC Audio System Problems

strommer87strommer87 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Scion
i have a 2006 scion tin can.

stock head unit blew out, some kind of electric malfunction, works when it wants to (blinks on and off, dials work, when its on). checked for a faulty ground, but the odd behavior still continued. check all the fuses, everything seems fine. there is no output sound from the speakers, i do not thinik they are blown, because i installed an aftermarket cd player, and there was power to theh cd player, but no sound out of the speakers.

someone tell me what i need to know, please.
i dont know if anyone ever had to drive around with no music.

Comments

• shsdude08shsdude08 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 scion tc and i love it. Well the other night me and my friends were cruising and had the i pod going and it was all good; however when we went to take the cable out out off of the aux port, part of the cable broke and now it's inside of the aux port and i can't get it out. what can I do????
    help!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Try a magnet!
  • whogirl1290whogirl1290 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a beautiful scion tc 2006 model and I absolutely love it! However, the previous user failed to leave the "SCION Audio System Owner's Manual" and I was curious if anybody could tell me how to change the welcome greeting? The audio system is a Pioneer and the model number is T1806 (written in the bottom right hand corner). Thanks so much to anybody that can help! I am really annoyed at seeing "Welcome Justin" every time I start it up.
  • sccrking555sccrking555 Member Posts: 1
    I am an owner of a 2005 scion tc and I want to upgrade to the 2008 headset so I can get an i-pod jack, does anyone know if thats possible.?
  • george303george303 Member Posts: 10
    the system leaves a lot to be desired,suggest getting quality speakers and a real subwoffer,if you are at al serious
  • barberouxbarberoux Member Posts: 2
    I have a pdf of Scion's 2006 manual.
  • kgwindsorkgwindsor Member Posts: 1
    I saw that you have a copy of the Scion tc owner's manual. If it's okay I'd like to download it. I actually only signed up for an account to ask you this, so I have no idea how to get the file from you..any help would be useful. Thanks!
  • barberouxbarberoux Member Posts: 2
    I have the audio system manual in pdf for 2006-7 models. Email me at my gmail account and I'll attach it in a reply to you. You may want to look here also:
    http://www.scion.com/#referenceGuides
  • kehani808kehani808 Member Posts: 1
    i just bought a 2005 tC and it waas previously owned. when i turn my car on it shows the previous owners name. is there any way to change that?
  • andeetandeet Member Posts: 142
    There are two ways:

One (the easier way)-
    Change the Welcome Screen Greeting. To "Scion" or to your custom.
    Look for Audio System owner manual. If you have the basic radio (volume button is in the middle), its on page 22.

Second (Harder way)

Disconnect battery (make sure the temp. is turned to cold. One time: I had it on heat and I connected the battery. All of sudden the car started funny and noticed the A/C automatically came on while giving hot air.)

Wait for 10-20 minutes and reconnect. Radio goes to factory settings (You'll need to re-program stations, Scion Sound setting. "Scion" is your greeting.)

But...you'll need to re-program power windows, sunroof. Which is tricky to do. Cause timing is the key. If you don't do it right; your sunroof won't auto open with one touch.

Here's a help link to anything....
    http://home.cfl.rr.com/icdedppl/faq.html#c14
  • sbarrow86sbarrow86 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 Scion tC and I want to get the Ipod interface. I'm worried about how much it would cost and whether it would be worth it. Any advice?
  • funonwaterfunonwater Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 tc and love it, so far I have added 2 rockford fosgate 12inch p3s, with a 1000watt kicker amp pushing them in their custom box. this past weekend I replaced the stock head unit with the kenwood single din flip out touch screen cd/dvd player, next I would like to replace all mids and highs, but I want to purchase them elsewhere, My only problem is I am not real sure what size speakers are concealed in my car if anyone could help me with the quantity and size of speakers it would be greatly appreciated.
  • jackmahonjackmahon Member Posts: 4
    I wonder if anyone has a tc audio manual they may get to me. Just got the car the other day and the material wasn't in the kit.

Thanks,
    JMahon :mad:
  • scionluverscionluver Member Posts: 1
    I see you have the Scion 2006 manual. I was wondering if I could download it. I just bought a Scion tC and the previous owners didn't leave the manual in it.
    If you could help that would be great. Thanks.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, scionluver,

The post you're responding to is about a year and a half old, so I'm not sure the original poster is here to see it. You could try asking in the Owners Manuals discussion here, or try looking at Scion's reference guide downloads if you're just looking for the audio system manual.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

If you haven't gotten the manual send me your email address and I'll send you it.
    Hi,

Thanks for your offer of a radio manual. Could you tell me what year model it's for. I've got a 2009 tc and I see there are different radios for different years.

Thanks,
    Jack Mahon
  • caia22caia22 Member Posts: 1
    When I listen to rock music the front speakers sound scratchy. It's not so noticable when I listen to music other than rock. I've tried lowering the treble and it helped a tiny bit but the speakers still sound bad. The dealer said it's "normal" and I'm just hearing symbols from the songs...

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Does anyone else have this problem?
  • sciontc08sciontc08 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2008 scion tc that came with the special package on the audio. The radio is an upgraded pioneer black version they made for scion. Does anyone know how to personalize the screen or personalize the backgrounds. The audio manual it came with was for the regular radio. :confuse:
  • mogosgremogosgre Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 2005 scion tc with the pioneer sound system installed. I was wondering if there was any way that I could install subwoofers while keeping the stock head unit. I know its tricky, but im willing to spend a few extra bucks so I can keep the stock head unit. I just think that aftermarket units look really tacky and bad.

Anyone know of a part I could buy?
    And how to install everything so it sounds good without affecting the current quality?
  • jaws421jaws421 Member Posts: 2
    My friend has a Scion tC and when she bought it,, it already have all the audio system works in it. Include the subwoofer, iPod hook up, and everything. But her boyfriend tried hooking up neons in her car for like inside, and he plugged them into the cigarrette lighter plug. Now her lighter plug, the subwoofer and the front speakers will not work at all. What is wrong, can anyone please help? I am not car audio smart, I am more engine smart. Thank You.
    Perhaps too much overload on fuse.
  • jaws421jaws421 Member Posts: 2
    I do a lot of things for her. So how if any way can it be fixed if that is the problem?
This discussion has been closed.