Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mademade Member Posts: 11
    Okeyobiozo, winedogs is right, you don't want to torture yourself about the price at this point...question for anyone outthere: I got a quote for 36,555 (excluding tags and taxes) for the GT AWD with the Asst Pkg, Roof Rack, Splash Guards, Moon/Bose and Rmt Start. This is supposedly the S Plan...good deal or not? Someone pls advise. I don't want to be kicking myself after i've purchased the vehicle so advice from anyone will help... :)
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    ,,,what percentage is that of the window sticker...or how much below the sticker?....S plan as I know it is supposed to be a bit below the dealer invoive....my rule of thumb has been about 8-10% of the msrp...
  • imamgimamg Member Posts: 136
    You now have until the end of the month to get on the E-plan... If you're close to getting one...now is the time!
    pls explain the E-plan, is it the same as the S-plan?
    Yes..same as the S-plan... with a larger percentage back than the S
  • newcx9newcx9 Member Posts: 4
    I bought from Irvine Mazda. I got a GT with moonroof/bose pkg, homelink system, assist pkg, then I added the Sirius and splitter box.
  • uv4meuv4me Member Posts: 22
    We are looking hard at the CX-9 to replace our very thirsty Suburban. We are eligble for E-plan since my father-in-law was a Ford employee. So first question....is the CX-9 available for E-plan discounts?
    Leaning towards a Touring model with entertainment package and a roof-rack. I've looked at dealer inventories around Dallas and it seems the rig I want stickers for around $34K. What would I be looking to pay "E-Plan" for this car (ballpark of course)? I know there is a website I can access to find E-plan prices based on a VIN number, but I need a PIN number from my father-in-law and he's out of town.

Thanks in advance....Nate
    Everything but the mazdaspeed 3 is available for the plan... I'm guessing around 30 or 31K... It only runs through the end of the month for the current E-plan.
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    We are eligble for E-plan since my father-in-law was a Ford employee.

Unless something has changed very recently Ford employees and realtives qualify for s-plan pricing....E-plan is for employees of Mazda and mazda dealership employees and family.
    I've no idea of what's available for "ford" employees... I thought it was only "mazda" employees for the plans...
  • cudecude Member Posts: 7
    Paid 35,322 out the door for a GT CX-9 w/ entertainment package (DVD + Bose upgrade), towing package, homelink, and wheel locks. Really just wanted the towing package and GT trim but couldn't find one. Bought in Enterprise with the S-plan. Great customer service and felt like it was a fair deal. No complaints yet on the car itself either.
  • scuffariscuffari Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car Man,
    My husband receives a monthly car allowance for a business vehicle. We want to lease the Mazda CX-9 for his use. Of course we want the best possible lease. What should we put down? How does extra mileage effect total monthly cost and should we negotiate Cap cost, since we probably wont purchase vehicle at end of lease? I received the following deal from a local dealership, what do you think of his offer?Option Group 1MC - MOONROOF/BOSE ? ? CE1 - LEV EMISSIONS EQUIPMENT
    Port Installed Accessories NONE
    VIN No. JM3TB28C170100093 ? Ship date 02-02-2007
    MSRP $35,030.00 ?Invoice $32,474.00 + $300 over = $32,774.00
    Color (Exterior/Interior) LIQUID PLATINUM METALLIC /BLACK INTERIOR
    42033 -

Thank you in advance, Susan Cuffari
  • wareverwarever Member Posts: 28
    Cap cost in a lease is basically selling price. The lower it is, the lower your payments and the better the deal you're getting.

Residual value is what the car is projected to be worth at the end of the lease and that's normally what they let you buy it for (if you're going to buy it). This is normally not negotiable and is figured by the leasing company. It changes month to month since a vehicle 3 years from the BEGINING of a model year will be worth more than one 3 years from the END of a model year (who wants 2007's if 2008's are out?).

The lease payment is based mainly on the depreciation - the spread between the cap cost and the residual - plus interest (they don't call it that, though).

Not generally negotiable is the interest rate (like I said, not called tht, though) or the residual because they are set by the leasing company - though you can check different leasing companies because they'll have different programs available.

A downpayment on a lease just pays some of your monthly payment up front, thereby reducing what you have to shell out every month. Of course, since it is a lease, it is money that's just gone - so you REALLY have to calculate it into the total amount you're paying for the vehicle because it IS money you're paying for it. For example, if you're putting $3,600 down on a 3 year lease, it is basically the same as if you were paying an extra $100 a month.

Leases are written with a specific maximum mileage, usually 10,000, 12,000, or 15,000 miles per year. If you go over that, there's a per-mile charge due at the end of the lease. If you think you are going to go over, figure out how much and then figure out how much it will cost you. Mileage fees are set by the leasing company - and can vary, so sometimes a leasing company where you're paying a bit more per month might have a lower excess mileage charge and might be a better deal in the end.

Leases with a higher mileage allowance will charge a higher lease fee (interest rate) and/or will have a lower residual (which also increases your monthly payment).

You can also SOMETIMES buy extra miles up front but only SOME leasing companies do this. The advantage is that if they let you buy excess miles up front, they're usually cheaper than if you get charged excess miles at the end.

$300 over invoice is probably not a bad deal assuming that's the TRUE invoice (check on KBB.COM and/or autos.msn.com).

One thing to think about, though, is the tax ramifications. If the company itself leases the vehicle, then it is likely 100% tax deductible (if used 100% for business use). If your husband leases it and gets reimbursed, he might not be able to deduct it. Check with your accountant (because I'm NOT one).
  • scuffariscuffari Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, very helpful information. I will let you know what happens.

Best Regards,
    Susan Cuffari
  • bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    Anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area coming across less than invoice pricing on the Grand Touring model? Are dealers resistant to offers, or are they rolling over? I've been vacilating between the CX-9 and the MDX, but I've finally decided on the CX-9 as it's about 9K less with a more useable third row (not to mention way more cargo space when the third row seats are folded down).

Bo
    ..try Wayne Mazda in Nj, they claim to be the largest in the USA (business wise) and appear to be agressive in their pricing. Be aware that someone mentioned to me that their doc fees are $289 and they try to push glass engraving or ther extras. It is all a matter of perceptiom in my opinion...OI they provode the lowest price (and by that I mean dealer invoice or less) who cares they charge an addition $100 in doc fees (most dealers chage $150-200)
    It is only my opinion.let us know if you go there..good luck
    What are these doc fees? Have not heard of them, but then again, I have not begun negotiating with Mazda dealers, either...

Bo
    That is the fee that dealers charge for the registration,getting the plates,,,etc...yes there is a fee and that varies from dealer to dealer and most times is already printed on the paper that you sign with the final figures
    Does anyone know off hand what all the fees you pay are? This way you can compare with whatever the dealer puts in front of you...if they're inflating their prices through dealer jargon you'll know...
    My friend those charges ar for the dealer's work..you still pay your registration and plates..so basically is another way for the dealer to get some more money....don't even try to figure what the fee is for since that oart is no negotiable...the salesperson may say..."well I will take a $100 off the price"...just to keep you happy but this number you don't see until the papers are ready to be sign..of course you can always back out and see how far that will get you....at any rate those fees are evrywhere you go...what changes is what they want charge...
    Hey,

I heard that over 100 cars (CX-9's) included were either completely, or at least 50% immersed in water due to the Nor'Easter back in mid April. I thought these cars go to auction, but there would be no record of water damage if they took care of these cars on their own. Do you maybe wonder why their cars are selling below invoice? Here's what the sales guy sent me in an Email;

"I have to and will CRUSH any legitimate price quote from any dealer in any state on any new Mazda in stock. I'll break even or lose money if that's what it takes to EARN your business. Don't like the price.. Make me an offer !! Tell me.. What will it take. It does not matter where you live.. Make me an offer!! Stop wasting time ...Time can not be replaced.. Call me"

I told the internet salesman to show me CX-9's that were delivered as of MAy 1 to the dealership. So far he hasn't got back to me.

Bo
    Hey,

I heard that over 100 cars, CX-9's included, were either completely, or at least 50% immersed in water due to the Nor'Easter back in mid April. I thought these cars went to auction, but there would be no record of water damage if they took care of these cars themselves. Do you wonder why their cars are selling below invoice? Here's what the sales guy sent me in an Email;

"I have to, and will CRUSH any legitimate price quote from any dealer in any state on any new Mazda in stock. I'll break even or lose money if that's what it takes to EARN your business. Don't like the price.. Make me an offer !! Tell me.. What will it take. It does not matter where you live.. Make me an offer!! Stop wasting time ...Time can not be replaced.. Call me"

I told the internet salesman to show me CX-9's that were delivered as of May 1st. to the dealership. So far he hasn't got back to me.

Bo
    Are you talking about the flooded cars at Wayne Mazda?....they were all removed in a day that I so happen to talk to them about a CX 9...are those cars back for sale?...I don't know but that will be a hell of a risk for a dealer to take when,as I believe, those damged cars are covered by insurance don you think?...just my thoughts..
    Insurance would cover them, but that would show up on an insurance check/Carmax report. They could never sell them at full price. I'm leery that this salesman couldn't answer my question. I must have Emailed him 5 times without a reply. The risk of selling these cars 'as new' is only a risk if you get caught.

Bo
    Bo,where are you?...are talking about the same dealership in NJ?......I believe that once the insurance co gets involved a full disclosure will be requiered from the governing laws,afterall we are talking new car not used vehicles,right?...if you are not confortable go somewhere else..don't get locked in...godd luck to you
  • twinkies69twinkies69 Member Posts: 4
    I had my wife's car there for an assessment of damages as a result of it being hit in front of my house. While there, my car was totaled as well because of the flood that took place due to the Nor'easter. I can assure you that those flood damaged vehicles are gone, more than 100 of them. Where did they get the vehicles to replace, almost instantaneously, you say? The dealer had inventory in the lot next door, over hundred there because they had no more room on the main lot. I have bought three autos from there since 2002. Know alot of the salespeople. As long as your a savvy buyer, they'll treat you fairly. If your an idiot, won't anybody in the auto industry take advantage? They are aggressive, however, and if you are not serious in buyer, they won't waste yours and their time.

Just to let you know - they have just bought Bob Chiasulli's Hyundai dealership franchise off of Route 46. They start selling either today or tomorrow. Expectations are to sell twice the amount of Hyundai's then Mazda. The new dealership is going into the existing Mazda location, while the Mazda is moving next door with a new facility be erected later this year. Still wondering, huh?
    I'm in Westchester. I finally got hold of the salesman at Wayne Mazda. I'm pretty sure I can get a good deal there, but now I'm torn between the CX-9 and the MDX. If there's anyone that's vacilating between these two cars, please voice your opinion, good bad and/or ugly. I've heard good and bad about both, I've driven both, and each car has it's pluses and minuses. Is the MDX really worth 10K more than the CX-9? Anyone care to chime in here?

Bo
    I've not driven the MDX yet...tho a family member has one...he previously had a Mercedes suv... and change from it ... to the RDX ...which he totaly did not like... to the MDX... now this was done before he had access to the CX-9 but since we've gotten one...he's been impressed with it... ... he could "afford" the 10k difference...and even if I could... I dont think I "would"
    What I'm hearing/reading is that these cars are close in almost every aspect; ride, acceleration, handling, except third row access and room, storage (bigger), and when you throw in price, it seems like a no brainer for the Mazda. The MDX doesn't appear to be 10k better than the CX-9. Both are first year models so that's a wash as well. I'm concerned about depreciation on the Mazda. Maybe that's why the lease rates are more attractive than the MDX

Bo
    I'm a 10 plus year holder of most of any vehicles I have so resale isnt as much an issue for me... I did however enter into a 2 year lease ... with plans of purchase at the end... ( because I got a great employee deal at the end of May... so it made a lot of sense at the time ).
  • sedmundsedmund Member Posts: 93
    If anyone here bought a GT AWD CX-9 with:

* GT Assistance Package
    * Moonroof+Bose Package

around the Boston area, can you share the price you paid?

Thanks in advance.
  • k1922k1922 Member Posts: 14
    E Plan is NOT the same as S plan. E plan is for employees of a Mazda dealer, or Mazda corporate.
  • readyformyrlreadyformyrl Member Posts: 70
    I was in the same boat, considering the MDX and the CX-9, currently have an 03 MDX. The third row and second row space was bothersome for us with the new MDX. My wife does not like the styling of the new MDX at all, and with the cost differential, who am I to argue if she's saving us money. We use navigation often and I use the voice recognition on my RL, so I'm concerned about Mazda's navigation system and the console being so tall, tends to impede the way I customarily sit. I'll be taking the Mazda out in two weeks for more than a test drive to really make sure that I can become comfortable with it...my second choice is actually the Buick Enclave, but each Buick dealer I speak with seems somewhat disengaged in the sales process. Nonetheless, I did like the fit/finish of the Enclave. I'm due in early August, so we'll have to make a decision soon...any other comments will assist me too. Right now, the Mazda would be the winner by default The dealers are receptive to negotiating, the car is a good value overall with decent space.
    Anyone?
    Hi Sedmund, thot i'd help you out....this is a msg posted by joesmith1 a while ago, he purchased his GT from the Boston area, hope this helps you...

I just purchased a GT AWD in the Boston area. I had the S-Plan, but they really didn't seem to care. They never asked for my number. I got everything at invoice plus their added fees. I hope this helps someone.

Here is the breakout of my costs:

CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    $31,322.00

ASSISTANCE PACKAGE (with power open and close rear hatch)$2,150.00

MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE
    $1,514.00

MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR
    $40.00

REMOTE ENGINE START
    $280.00

ROOF RACK
    $200.00

All Weather Floor Mats
    $100.00

Total for CX-9 & options:
    $35,606.00

Destination Fee
    $595.00

Administration Fees
    $294.00

Licenseing Fee
    $5.00

Protection +
    $199.00

License Plates
    $86.00

5% tax
    $1,810.05

Grand Total: $38,595.05
    S plan is for employees and: Current employees of approved
    MNAO and FMC suppliers, Current MNAO Contractors,Individuals sponsored by MNAO
    employee such as extended family,
    friends, or neighbors...

E Plan "Only the following individuals are eligible for E-Plan:
    - Mazda Gold Cup dealer employees and their immediate family*
    - MNAO employees and their immediate family*
    * Immediate family is defined as spouse, children, parents, and siblings including in-laws,
    step, and half.
    ..Are there any forums or sources that provide pin# for an S plan that CX ( buyers can use at the dealers?....in the EDGE forum it appears that there are Ford employees that offer X plan pin # for people in terested in buying an EDGE and I was wondering if there is such thing with the MAZDA products since we are all on happy (FORD) family..
    Thanks
    Thanks made!
    You're very welcome Sedmund.
  • wyckoffmichaelwyckoffmichael Member Posts: 1
    I got lease quote on a Gt with the moonroof/bose package and the Grand Touring Assistance package of $555/month. That's for 3 years/12,000 per year with $500 down. Is this a good price?
  • dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    This is the best priced CX-9 I've seen so far:
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=78&paId=231173620
    It is advertised approx $500 below factory Invoice. MSRP=$29,630. Hope this helps...
    Took the delivery today. GT AWD, Assistance package + moonroof/bose package. It's a 36 month lease. 54% residual and
    0.0013 MF. Selling price 37.6K USD including destination charges.

Have driven about 60 miles today and it's been very impressive.

The steering feedback is extremely good (unlike one of them that I test drove last week) and drive is sweet. It's no sports car, but the handling is pretty good for a vehicle of this size.

The audio system is very good - clean highs and good base.

The xenon headlights are just amazing - thought it looks like it needs some level adjustment which I haven't tried yet.

Bluetooth worked at first attempt for both mine and my wife's phones.

NAV - probably the weak point of this car, but a quick glance at the manual shows that there are quite a few features - may be just a question of getting used to.
    Fit and finish is very good, - but I heard some specific rattling noise when I went over bumps couldn't quite locate it yet.

Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase so far (but just 24 hours ;-)) - a very impressive combination of good handling, decent fit/finish and nice features.
  • jmailjmail Member Posts: 20
    Sedmund - how much are you paying for the lease?

I'm about to lease one and want to see what the prices are

Thanks
    Jmail, I'm paying 519 a month - zero down. Up front costs are $200 doc fees+first month lease+registration.

Good luck.
    sedmund, what was the msrp of your CX-9, and what state did you buy it in?

Thanks...
    MSRP 38945

I live in NH and bought the vehicle in Mass.
  • jmailjmail Member Posts: 20
    Wow - that is a great deal. Also, thats before tax right?

what color did you get it in?
    We got the stormy blue mica exterior and black interior.

Yes that's before tax (there's no sales tax in NH).
    sedmund, I thought you posted the other note by made with the breakdown of costs but that was from someone else, what was the agreed upon sales price for your car to get to $519/mo lease payment?
  • kjm11379kjm11379 Member Posts: 16
    I talked to Mazda Corp. today via phone, they confirmed that the new 2008 CX-9 will have the new 3.7 liter V6 engine that is listed for the 2008 Canada CX-9. :shades: Dealerships are not talking about it because they want to get all the 2007's with the smaller engine off of their lots first. Mazda Corp. did not have the hp or the mpg or the tourge ratings as of yet, but they told me that dealers have already been given their allocation sheets for 2008 for delievery in Sept. or Oct. The new 2008's should being building after July 4th. If anyone gets info on the HP or anything else please update...