Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    With all due respect, it's hard to evaluate a deal without the msrp.
  • buyer101buyer101 Member Posts: 80
    Jayrider,
    The Edmunds MSRP is 35,577. TMV is 34937 and INV is 32,791

thanks
    There might be 2-300 left in the deal. Maybe not --- ask for free oil changes for 3 years to seal the deal. If they balk ask for 2 years -- then walk to your car. Listen to a song and go back and buy it anyway. Not a bad price for a 2010. No one will beat you by much and if the color is right go for it.
  • racer100racer100 Member Posts: 8
    Is it worth paying the extra 1.5K for an AWD compared to the FWD ? I live in NJ where the snowfall is not too crazy and have been surviving with my old FWD Camry for 9 years. I would rather spend the money saved on optional equipment.
    thanks
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    AWD helps you accelerate, not stopping on wet or snowy condition.
    If I were you I would make sure I have snow tires for winter. AWD is not a must-have. The OE tires are bad. Ask your dealer to swap them out (before buying) for a better tire such as Yokohama Parada Spec-X (a good all-season, not snow tire). Make a deal based on that pre-condition.
  • racer100racer100 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Ceric. One other question. A sales rep told me that in NJ the tax for vehicles priced > 30K is 7.5 % and not 7 % . I thought he was kidding but he's not. Ever heard of this one ?
  • joebar99joebar99 Member Posts: 17
    Similar offer this past saturday in NY.. '10 Touring with moon/bose, and liftgate pkg..

MSRP 35577 minus 1977 something = 33600 finance or 32600 if I pay cash.. (plus TTL)

Invoice is $32791

Wonder how low I can go? Someone a couple pages ago was offered 31300 with the only difference being the addition of wheel locks..
    Sorry, I live in CA. Not sure about NJ tax rate.
    However, automobile tax rate is special in the sense that it is based on the rate of where(county) you live and not where you buy it.
    Tax in illinois is based on where you live and register the car -- not where you buy. If I buy in missouri then I pay the illinois tax rate for my county.
  • mazda2infinitimazda2infiniti Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2010 FWD Touring with the same options plus roof rack. OTD with $500 loyalty rebate was $32,648 in Maryland.
    2010 Touring AWD
    moonroof/bose
    pwr liftgate

remote start
    roof rack
    stainless bumper guard
    all weather mats
    cargo net
    wheel locks (not requested but on car already)

MSRP: $36,542
    Invoice: $33,563
    TMV: $34,995

Price paid: $32,522 + TTL = $35650 OTD

(took a week and about 100 emails to about 20 different dealers within about 50 miles)
    Sounds like a good deal as you got some extras too. If you don't mind , can you tell us which dealership this was from ?
    thanks
    Sure send me an email at dahofymohexonija@tempomail.fr if interested.
    Man, don't post your email address on forums.
    You will get tons of junk emails.
    Web bots search around internet websites for email addresses.
    If you have to do this

dahofymohexonija AT tempomail DOT fr :)
  • cdvcdv Member Posts: 3
    2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    Dolphin Gray
    Standard equipment - no additional options
    MSRP: $34,795 (including destination)
    Invoice: $32,248
    Edmunds TMV: $33,353
    Paid: $31,795
    OTD: $35,260
    1.9% for 60 months
    Go to tempomail.fr ...

It's a forwarder that expires in 30 days :)
  • gpalm44gpalm44 Member Posts: 7
    MSRP 33,885, Invoice 31,590.

They are offering me 26,775 + dealer fee (499) + tax.

Is this a good deal? Tried to offer 26.3 but they only came down to 26,775 from 27k.
  • eastcoastpackeastcoastpack Member Posts: 6
    MSRP was 32,755 paid 30,010 with 1.9% for 60 mo.'s

Thought it was a pretty good price. Great dealership to deal with, Hamilton (NJ) Mazda.

I live in Cherry Hill area, local dealer (MSMazda) would not match.
  • eastcoastpackeastcoastpack Member Posts: 6
    Compared to 2010 pricing, 09 price is great, if you can find an 09 that has what you want. Not much different in the autos. Someone earlier said you could get approx 7500 off 09's, so your close.
  • alexmcalexmc Member Posts: 2
    Recieved a quote of 33,614 + tax + 399 dh MSRP was 36,250 Options include moonroof/bose and trailer tow hitch From dealer in longmont, co Doesn't sound like a very good deal after reading everyone else's posts. Any thoughts?
  • gpalm44gpalm44 Member Posts: 7
    Just picked up my 09 Touring AWD tonight from Sill Terhar Motors in Broomfield, CO. 33,885 msrp, 26775 for the car, 29.4k OTD after dealer (499) and tax. Dealer also beat my bank financing and gave me 3.9%. This was the last 09 they had.

Bob Penkhus down in Colorado Springs has several 09 Touring's available, both with and without Moonroof/Bose. They quoted me 30.2 OTD on a 09 Touring AWD w/ Roof rack (34,115 msrp).

Hope that helps.
  • alexmcalexmc Member Posts: 2
    Great that helps me a lot thx
  • rdlugosrdlugos Member Posts: 2
    What sales person did you work with there? They have a car I'm interested in and would like a similar deal. Thanks
    2010 Touring FWD equipped with Bose/Moonroof, powerlift gate and Wheel locks.

Including destination Edmunds MSRP is 34,227, INV is 31,540 and TMV is 32,634

Dealerships are offering $1000 owner's loyalty discount to all buyers,

With no trade in, am planning to make an offer of 29,500 with OTD around 33K
    Tax = 2200
    Doc fee = 300
    TTL = 300
    Dest = 750
    -----------------
    OTD approx 33K

Appreciate any thoughts on how does this offer stacks up.

thanks
    Go at em with 28.8
    Thanks joebar99
  • mtnjmtnj Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    Just wanted to run my lease deal by some of you guys that I was offered on a CX9 Touring Model with Bose/Moonroof and Liftgate package.
    The MSRP is 35,627
    the Invoice is 33,230.
    Money factor is 0073
    residual - 00051
    the buyout is 17,900
    The selling price they are offering is at invoice - 33,230

The deal is 434/month. I am paying taxes upfront along with tags/title fees and 1st month payment. They also offered a 42 month deal for 427/month. Is 42 month lease a good or bad idea?? and can anyone assist me in gauging whether this is a fair deal. Thank you! Much appreciated!
    Oh Yea, there is a $500 termination fee, is this standard and can it be negotiated at all?
    Thanks!
    mtnj -- From looking at the MSRP, that's AWD right, with probably wheel locks or something included?

If you go back a page, I discussed the deal I got.. Touring awd with bose/moon and liftgate, plus about $900 in options (roof rack, rem start, etc.) for $32,500ish.

Did they tell you that was the invoice price? According to edmunds, your invoice should be around 32,800.. I'd offer em like 31,700 and settle on like 32, maybe slightly more.. Don't pay over 32,500 or they're making a ton off of ya. And dont let them add destination or other crap to that either -- just tax and DMV stuff.

Cant help with the lease payments -- I bought.
  • steelersguysteelersguy Member Posts: 4
    2009 CX-9 GT AWD with GT assist, bose/moonroof package, and rear power lock. This is a demo model, and the last one in the area. It has 4200 miles on it, but they are still selling it as "new". Its in excellent condition.

MSRP: 40,215
    INVOICE: 36,981
    TMV: 37,025

Their "final" offer: 32,975

I came back with 32,500, and they declined, so I walked. Thinking about calling back and accepting . . . what do you all think? Also-- how smart is it to buy a demo? Thanks . . .
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I bought a similarly priced FWD model last month for $31913 (MSPR $39840). It was not a demo either. Your offer of $32500 was probably perfectly reasonable. I'd make sure the GM knows that your offer is still valid and then wait until the day after Thanksgiving to call and see if their position changes. Business will be dead and they'll be that much closer to the end of a very slow month. Good luck.
    Thanks Joebar,
    Yes he told me that he said he was looking right at it and would fax to me. I am seeing on different sites that some destination fees are rolled in and are not negotiable (especially the 750 standard dest fee) Im paying the tax upfront along with the tags/title and 1st month payment. I am leasing but want it be off invoice price.
    Thanks!
  • valdemarvaldemar Member Posts: 15
    I declined a similar offer, MSRP was $40,560 + dealer-installed lojack, 3k+ miles, SoCal dealer wanted $34k for it, my offer was $32k, they declined. Just checked inventory on mazdausa.com, looks like they are still trying to sell it after 3 weeks. IMO 34k was too much as this price is in the ballpark of what others paid for vehicles with 0 miles during 09. Buying a demo is ok if you're getting a good deal which doesn't seem like you are. One thing you need to check is when factory warranty started as @4200 miles it won't count from the day you acquire the vehicle.
  • rdlugosrdlugos Member Posts: 2
    That is too much! We just picked up a 09 GT with GT package + DVD Entertainment package for less than 32k with 20 miles on it !!

Long Beach Mazda rocks !!!
    Yeah, I wouldn't believe for a second the invoice on that fax the dealer is going to send you.. Go by edmunds pricing.
  • jeremiastanjeremiastan Member Posts: 25
    Got this offer in VA.
    MSRP- 39415
    Offered at 36, 378, with 10in DVD 37,378 +Tax, TTL, Processing, Freight.

Lease offer: 48% residual 3yr/12K per year, MF-0.00075, zero down, Gap insurance included.

Any idea if this is good? I believe it is below or right at invoice (not including the DVD)
    Thanks!
  • zavnetzavnet Member Posts: 10
    Tastycakes55,
    Following the link you provided – the deal seems be around 11% off the MSRP. Based on the few other posts for 2010 CX9s 11% seems to be the highest discount anyone is able to get (irrespective of the options). Here is the question to those who were able to get the 11% off – did you get the 1.99% financing either for the whole or partial amount as part of your deal?

Thanks,
    The deal I initially described was the initial offer of 35,378 if no financing. If 1.9% financing, it goes up to 36,378. This is without DVD, so that added 1K, to 37,378. Since I'd like to lease, the purchase price pre-dvd is 36,378. I figured this is about 7.5% off. Really think I could do better? Do you have a number/target to shoot for?
  • jvdpjvdp Member Posts: 1
    On Saturday, my wife and I purchased a new CX-9. Taking the advice of Edmunds writers and other contributors to this forum, I first contacted multiple local dealers via email asking for quotes. After hearing back from 3-4 of them, I then followed up with a few asking for matching and/or better offers and ultimately was able to obtain a fair price and arrange financing, all without having to visit the dealer or even talk with them by phone. The final details:

MSRP: $29875
    Invoice: $27,679
    Sales Price: $25,999
    Cash Down: $ 2,000
    Total Fees: $ 477.75
    Total Taxes: $ 2,279.73
    APR: 1.90% for 60 months with no payments for 90 days
    Total Financed: $ 26,756.48

I made sure to get email confirmation of these numbers from the Internet Sales Manager, and I printed them out and brought them to the dealership (Autowest Mazda of Roseville) on Saturday when we planned to sign the papers. Having a hard copy of these numbers was key, as initially they tried to tell me these numbers couldn't possibly be correct. However, once I showed them the printed email from their sales person, they quickly moved forward with the transaction.

Many thanks to the people in this forum, as I learned quite a bit about the CX-9 and how to best purchase it. This was easily the smoothest car transaction yet, and it minimized the undesirable aspects of purchasing a vehicle.

Thanks again.
    Sounds solid! Congrats and good luck :) We've been loving ours..
  • tastycakes55tastycakes55 Member Posts: 35
    I think you can do better. What dealership are you working with?

Any reason why you're leasing? There are strong financing options from Mazda (and elsewhere).

There are excellent internet prices for CX-9s posted on Castle Mazda (find them through mazda's website), Ourisman Mazda, Heritage Mazda, and Fitzmall.

All have new 2010's for above 10% off MSRP and some 2009's for between 15-20% off MSRP.

If you are looking for a lease like payment option, check out the payment saver loan from Pentagon Federal Credit Union (www.penfed.org).

GLTY
  • newbe1newbe1 Member Posts: 2
    I am bit confused and looking for help. I went into a Mazda dealership for looking at a used cx9 and the car was already sold. So they offered me a 2009 cx9 GT with Bose and Moonroof. Sales person told he could match the price with the used car on this one as its the last 2009 model in their lot and they need to sell it.

How much can I ask the car for. And also is this a good option or should I go for a 2010 Model. Please advise as I have to give a quote to the dealer.

Thanks in Advance.
  • jcpharmjcpharm Member Posts: 92
    major differences from 2009:
    - some exterior styling (2010 has the smiley-face grille)
    - split front console
    - digital display/controls on rearseat A/C/vent
    - 2-level setting on seat warmers (hi/lo)
    - keyfob different(?)

key similarities:
    - same engine and AWD system
    - same wheels/tires

to me, if you are getting a good deal on the 2009, the differences wouldn't matter to me. if they are the same price, i'd get the 2010.
  • newbe1newbe1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. If I get a good deal on 2009 I will go for it.

Any Idea on how much I can bargain for this car which has MSRP $36,500.
  • jcpharmjcpharm Member Posts: 92
    if it is a 2009, it is among the last in the country. i would target $8-9k under MSRP (=$27-28500) but be willing to be flexible if you really like the car. you may have to secure your own financing to get such a good deal (or buy in cash if you are so inclined). if you already own/lease a Mazda in your household, you may get another $500-1000 off as a loyalty rebate. if it is a demo/loaner model (look at the mileage), ask for an even deeper discount.

wait for other opinions too....i bought my 2009 in July so the market may have softened/changed.
    I've been calling around. They all seem to end up at about 35900-36700. Trying to take into consideration all the various permutations and number manipulations. I'm making sure their numbers do not take any Loyalty incentives or cash in lieu of financing special, etc... We want DVD, but can't do that with factory moonroof so going aftermarket but dealer installed. I personally like to lease but am trying to negotiate down the sales price first.
    The best quote I have received so far for a 2010 Touring FWD equipped with Bose/Moonroof and Powerliftgate is $31,219 (includes destination of 750)

Edmunds MSRP is 34,177 and INV is 31,500, TMV is 32,590

So basically they's quoting 270 below invoice. I think there is room to go lower, at least by another 600 - 700. What do you guys think ? With the holiday weekend approaching and dealerships needing to salvage a slow November, I think now is as good a time as any to drive a hard bargain.

I'm thinking of going in at 30,500 which is about 11 % below MSRP and prepared to walk away from the deal if they turn me away.
  • zavnetzavnet Member Posts: 10
    Based on what I have seen in this forum and based on my own situation, you should be able to get 11% off MSRP, and get 1.99% financing (assuming you’re looking to get financing). Another way to look at it, you should be able to get $1,000 below the invoice. These numbers exclude tax, DMV, and a “state fee” (the state fee amount varies by state…at least in the New York tri-state area). Any other fees that a dealer may want to charge you is their way to get you… Good luck.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I bought my wife's 09 CX-9 a little over a month ago and got about $8K off. I like it so much, I'm considering buying myself one. I know the incentives have changed, but I can't believe that all but $1500 is gone. Does anybody know if there's any factory-to-dealer money Edmunds isn't capturing?