Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thompsorthompsor Member Posts: 2
    WHAT...are you kidding? I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 2007 and I am really hesitant about the Ford 3.5.

Is this 3.7 in Canada a Mazda engine?
  • kjm11379kjm11379 Member Posts: 16
    I called Mazda today that is what the lady on phone said. 3.7 V6 with better MPG, HP. I am not sur who the engine is by. Call Mazda yourself see if you get the same answer I did. The number is listed under contact us at mazdausa.com.
    Keep me posted. I was also about to pull the trigger today on a CX-9 but now I am waiting until Sept or Oct.
  • josh_jopjosh_jop Member Posts: 1
    Living in Central Texas, I was quoted a Sport w/power drivers seat (MSRP 29,980) at 27,700 + tt&l. Anyone know of a place to get it cheaper or does this look like a bottom dollar?
  • dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    The official dealer specs for the 2008 CX-9 are available online at:
    http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123671881
    The engine changes include a larger bore. 92.5mm to 95.5mm which increases displacement to 3.7L. Ratings are as follows:
    278 HP and 263 TQ
    This is the same engine as the 2008 Lincoln MKX, which helps it differentiate better from the Ford Edge which will continue to have the 3.5 Duratec V6.
  • markmark Member Posts: 16
    I am looking for the following:

CX-9 Grand Touring AWD $33,875

Destination Fee$ 595

ASSISTANCE PACKAGE $2,500
    MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE $1,760
    TOWING PACKAGE $525
    ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS $125
    CARGO MAT $77
    CARGO NET $40
    FRONT/REAR SPLASH GUARDS $125
    MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR $60
    REMOTE ENGINE START $350
    ROOF RAILS $250
    WHEEL LOCKS $50
    Total MSRP: $40,332

Has anyone purchased in this configuration and can advise on a price or price range we should try for? Located in the NE (CT). I'm willing to take delivery in the NY-NJ-CT-MA area for the best price.
  • unixxusunixxus Member Posts: 97
    This is the same engine as the 2008 Lincoln MKX,

The 2008 Lincoln MKX will continue to use the 3.5 engine. Only the Mazda CX-9 gets the new 3.7 engine.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2008/ford_ldt_a0101423_3d5_u2.pdf
    You could be right. I have nothing "official" for the Lincoln, however, the 3.7 engine topic is all over the automotive blogs.
  • wakblakwakblak Member Posts: 3
    I picked up the following

CX-9 Grand Touring AWD $33,875

Destination Fee$ 595

GT Assistance Package $2,500
    Moonroof/BOSE/6 CD Package $1,760
    Roof rails $250
    Compass/Autodim/Homelink Mirror $275
    Sirius Sat Radio $430
    Total MSRP: $39685

Talked them into throwing in the switch box installed to enable the Aux jack with Sirius/Navigation

Total Price $35945 + tax/license
  • elwoodazelwoodaz Member Posts: 7
    2007 Touring CX-9
    Only options: DVD rear entertainment system, dealer tint, ipod accessory

My price (before tax, title, doc fee): $30,000

Lots of work to haggle there, especially after learning I had S Plan through my employer.

Brad
    Some edits- due to the challenges with the Mazda iPod accessory, I've opted to receive a $200 refund check instead of losing my AUX adapter in my center console.

I did spend $230 or so online getting the Homelink mirror and kit, as well as the net from Wayne mazda.

Brad
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    ...Impressive!...talk about getting the true facts?...here you got it guys....it does not get any better..
  • winedogswinedogs Member Posts: 102
    SVOFAN2,

There is no link or specs? :confuse:
  • readyformyrlreadyformyrl Member Posts: 70
    what problems with ipod accessory i'm picking up mine tomorrow and will be 70 miles from home I've asked them to make sure I won't have a problem with IPOD, this car is factory made but has nav, sirius, you know assist package....I hope they will have it right and ready...any suggestions.
    is switchbox necessary if all the options were factory installed??
    ...Look at message #208....this is a document from CARB..(California Air Reseach Board)..I think...
    ....just good luck and enjoy the ride...with all new cars one will always have something to worry about..I hope your case is different...just enjoy the ride and whatever needs attention do it when you get home..
  • imamgimamg Member Posts: 136
    The switchbox is needed if you want to keep the aux button after "adding" sirius or "adding" the ipod integration accessory. You can NOT add the ipod integration accessory to a vehicle with factory nav.
    I have a Grand Touring AWD GT Assist with Sirius. I asked the dealer about the Ipod jack so I wouldn't have any issues when I picked up the car; they didn't seem too concerned, but found out as I arrived for delivery that the jack does not work with Sirius. I inquired about the splitter/switchbox and they said it would be and extra $500, but then parts informed my salesperson that it would not work because I have the navigation system as well. Does anyone have knowledge with Nav & Sirius so I can communicate with the dealer how your ipod jack works, the dealer called Mazda Corp and they were told the splitter would not work with the NAV and SIRIUS, ...any thoughts?
    You can add the switching box for the aux access... It is a bit confusing... I'd gone back n forth with corp too ( I'm the parts manager at Marin Mazda )... what you can not have is the ipod integration module ... but you can have the switching box. We just installed the sirius on a vehicle with nav... and the switching box as quoted from our bulliten " to retain function of AUX Jack, Switching Box (TD13-79-CFZ ) is required "
    Is there a corporate number with someone who specializes in Aux questions, because I believe the dealer is trying, but there is obviously a disconnect with the education about how this aux jack would work with the IPOD. I only know what I've been told and learned from here. I mentioned this part number that is clearly place in my console with a message order this part no, and the dealer said the Corporate office told them it wouldn't work, but they probably confused the integration module as you mentioned as opposed to just making the Jack live, how much does this part/installation typically run?

I have a media control button but no aux button, I do not have DVD so I'm assuming it's one in the same?

Thanks for your assistance imamg!
    They need to contact the DAG group for the information. Here's the key information directly from our accessory info sheets:
    "Switching box - Required when auxilary console input
    and iPod Integration Module, PhatNoise or SIRIUS are
    installed."

I guess techicaly the switching box is not a "stand alone" accessory... as it's used to go "with" the ipod or "with" sitrius etc... because they fill the hole for the others and have to remove the aux to do so... therefore they created the switching box that will allow you to switch from one to the other... giving back the aux ability...

part #TD13-79-CFZ msrp 142 for the part... .5 to 1hr install depending on place...

*note* they're currently not in the pdc's (warehouses) but show to be coming in early july...

aside of having a cx9 my self... we just installed one on a customers car... ( took a lil over a week to come in from the order...) after we installed a sirius accessory... he noted in the intstrutions that comes with it... listed the switching box as a potential add on to retain the aux plug.
    I will call the dealer and re-explain everything. You've just explained it with more detail, so I appreciate it greatly. I'd like to know where the $500 estimate for this part came into play, because neither the switchbox nor the integration module cost anywhere near this much. This forum is great, without your input I'm just another person who would not get the correct information.

Now, is my media button the thing to utilize since there is not an "Aux" button on the stereo?
    Elwoodaz,

I'm curious as to your issue with the center console, what style CX-9 do you have, did you attempt to have the integration module or switchbox installed?

Thanks!
    Elwoodaz,

I'm curious as to your issue with the aux jack, what style CX-9 do you have, did you attempt to have the integration module or switchbox installed?

Thanks!
    There is no AUX button... it's accessed thru your media button... when you press it ... it scrolls thru the options... ie: on ours we have the dvd system... so it scrolls thru ...aux... dvd ... basicaly the media button gets you to everything outside of the general stereo system... I like to reminde people of the availablity of the owners manual pdf available thru mazdausa.com becuase it's sooooooooooo helpfull... In my posistion as the p.m. it's great for all vehicles... and espcecially for my own. I use it constantly in these forums... for research...
  • tonymogletonymogle Member Posts: 14
    Grand Touring AWD demo with 500 miles. GT Assist, Towing, Moonroof/Bose, Ipod, wheellocks and roof rack. $36,360 with X plan pricing.

That is basically invoice plus options with the ipod and roofrack thrown in. Not sure how much of a discount I should get for the 500 miles currently on the vehicle.

Also not sure whether to buy outright with 0% 36 months ( I have the cash ) or lease 36 months o down $560 per month Money factor .00115 residual 57%.

Thoughts?
    Brand new w/ zero miles are selling for $500 BELOW invoice. Why pay more especially for a demontrator with 500 miles on it? Also, 0% financing is free money. Take your cash and put it in a Bank CD. You will earn 5.5% interest. At $36k, the interest earned equals almost $2000/year!
  • movistarmovistar Member Posts: 22
    If it has NAV, I think thats a pretty good deal.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    AWD used er um "Demo" should be had at way below invoice. I would stay away from a used...er umm "Demo" for that price.
  • winedogswinedogs Member Posts: 102
    Does anyone know if the 08 model will have the availability of a DVD player with the moonroof?
    Nope! According to the 2008 dealer specs, the 2008 CX-9 will not have DVD and moonroof.
    "**RES = Rear Entertainment System (Not available with Moonroof)"
  • luvcarzrichluvcarzrich Member Posts: 36
    Hi. Test drove the '07 CX-9 GT today and liked it alot. I saw somewhere in here where someone paid 36.9 for a 39.6 MSRP after options. I also saw someone say these are selling at invoice less $500.

I have a plan through work (supplier discount - maybe S or X plan).

Can someone give me some advice on to go in with the plan or negotiate off invoice?

Dealer says the '08s are out in Sept. and I've read what you all have said - should I wait for those to hit the lot and then push a better deal on an '07?

I'm open for suggestions.... The sales guy may start sweating...
    X plan is the best... but keep in mind.. the longer you wait the less there'll be available for the 07's. If you find what you want now... jump.
  • cmunizcmuniz Member Posts: 604
    The S or X plan price is listed on an invoice that the dealer must show you. It is usually not negotiable and slightly under dealer invoice. In addition to that price you will get any Ford/Mazda incentives and special financing. The dealer is not allowed to charge you any additional fees such as documentation, advertising and inventory carrying fees. Finally, how good a deal you get will depend on how much the dealer will offer you on a trade-in, if applicable, and how popular the vehicle is.
    Thanks for the X/S Plan info. I've calculated that using the plan I can get the GT for $532 less than invoice or the Touring for $517 less.

MSRP w/options / Invoice / Xplan
    39195 / 36495 / 35963

Would you go for Xplan from the get go or try to go for invoice less some holdback?
  • cmunizcmuniz Member Posts: 604
    In theory you should be able to do better with the X/S PLan since Ford/Mazda reimburses the dealer for some of the costs, but it doesn't always works out that way. In short, you'll have to decide for yourself. The variables are what you get for your trade-in and the misc fees that dealers often add after you decide on the price of the car. Maybe you can get a quote both ways and see which one works best for you.
    I am a bit worried about the trade-in since their commission is probably fixed using the X/S plan and the trade is where they can make some good money.

I think what I'm going to do is negotiate with the dealer on-line via email and see what price I can get vs the X/S plan. If its not lower, I'll come in with my paperwork for the X/S.

I hear that the Conquest money changes on 7/9 - I'll see what happens... Worst case I'll wait for the '08 to hit the lot and hammer out today's deal on an '08 or look to steal an '07 as they'll want them off the lot.

Thanks for hearing me out.
    In my situation I went in with the S Plan pricing in hand, but played dumb in an attempt to beat the price. When they discovered my employer, they immediately trotted out the S Plan pricing and went on for 10 minutes on how that was the best price available.

I asked what would be the best price if I didn't have S Plan? They replied: "Do you really want to spend the hours negotiating?" I answered yes.

They came down below the plan pricing in the end. Rule of thumb I use: a good deal is at least $1,000 below "invoice".

Brad
    I purchased a Touring w/out Nav and w/out Sirius. I had negotiated in the iPod integration module, but after reading more forums I returned to the dealer and explained that when I asked for a new "feature", I didn't expect to lose any other features.

We went round and around, and the accessories guy disappeared for 20 minutes with the sales manager. Finally they came out and gave me two options: they'd install the switch box at some inflated price, or just give me back a check for the negotiated price of the iPod.

Given the poor feedback on the iPod integration module, I opted for the check.

They then told me they are going to stop selling the iPod integration module (which I don't believe) because too many customers get disappointed in the confusion.

Brad
  • carlitos92carlitos92 Member Posts: 458
    If you don't have NAV or Sirius, what features do you have to lose by installing the iPod interface? I have a CX-7 optioned similarly (nothing but the Bose stereo as far as A/V toys) and have grown to really LOVE the Mazda iPod box. Is it perfect? No. But for the CX-7, at least, the vehicle audio display is the limiting factor, and no reasonable amount of aftermarket trickery is going to make a better-integrated system. If you're thinking about replacing the whole darn head unit, then I guess the sky's the limit...

-c92
    c92,

The CX-9s have an aux input port inside the center console. Its very well located and well designed for cell phones and iPods. When you install the iPod converter without intalling the switch box, you lose the aux input in the console.

For many buyers (including myself) the confusion begins there. The switch box runs an extra $113 or more, plus installation.

On the bright side, I bought the Mazda self dimming rear view mirror with compass and homelink, and installed it myself yesterday. After a few moments of apprehension pulling apart such a new vehicle, all went well.

For those interested, make sure you buy the correct installation kit! My vendor recommended the wrong kit, and I had to run all over town locating the correct kit.

Brad
    Brad- Did I read you went to Wayne Mazda? If so, can you message me the sales rep? I'm in Mahwah and can easily take a drive down rt 22. In fact I purchased a Tribute from Wayne Mazda - that one had to go back under the lemon law - that horrid story is for another day and another thread....
    luvcarzrich,

Nope - bought it in AZ - but I bought some accessories from Wayne Mazda.

Brad
    Oh well, thanks for the tip info anyhow... I'll update if/when my deal is had.
  • carlitos92carlitos92 Member Posts: 458
    Ah. Sorry to add any confusion myself. I guess the aux jack is better than nothing - and a must if you have a "pod" that is other than Apple.

Even so, I've gotten used to controlling my iPod through the steering wheel controls, and have even become "playlist-centric," because that's what seems to work best when one has the quantity of songs I do.

"On the bright side... self dimming mirror" If that's not a pun, it should be. Good stuff. ;)
    No sweat on the confusion. Ideally both inputs would be available! I could learn to use the Ipod integration, or just use the aux jack.

But since I am a 90% podcast listener, I was worried about using the integration exclusively and not being able to navigate the podcast menus on my iPod.

sometimes the best puns are unintentional!

Brad
  • just_philjust_phil Member Posts: 86
    That's funny, I bought the mirror/install kit from them too, and they sent me the wroing install kit as well. I had to mail it back at my expense, but other than that their prices combined with free shipping are the lowest I could find.
    Hot off the press!

MazdaUSA.com CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash can be used toward the purchase or lease of a new 2006, 2007 or 2008 Mazda from dealer stock by July 31, 2007.

This program does not include MAZDASPEED3 and MX-5 Miata PRHT vehicles. Used, F (Fleet), Insurance vehicles, Dealer Daily Rentals, Buy-back vehicles, vehicles intended for export or brokered units.

Limit one MazdaUSA.com CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash Purchase Incentive per vehicle. The Mazdausa.com CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash Purchase Incentive CAN be combined with other private or public purchase incentives including but not limited to customer cash back, lease and APR incentives/offers.

Program Period: July 3, 2007 through July 31, 2007.
  • bigsbigs Member Posts: 4
    My salesman said it only applies to the special lease offers listed on the Mazda site which would be the CX9 Sport FWD. I am looking at a GT AWD and he said it doesn't apply. I didn't see anything on their site?

Thanks
  • x5savx5sav Member Posts: 46
    You sales is Bsing you. Here is the term:

MazdaUSA.com CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash can be used toward the purchase or lease of SELECT new 2006, 2007 or 2008 Mazda vehicles from dealer stock:
    $800 CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash on 2006 or 2007 RX-8
    $500 CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash on 2006 or 2007 Mazda6 (Sedan, 5-Door, Wagon and MAZDASPEED6), 2006 or 2007 MX-5, 2006 or 2008 Tribute, 2007 or 2008 B-Series Truck, 2007 CX-7 and 2007 CX-9
    $300 CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash on 2007 or 2008 Mazda3 and 2007 Mazda5
    Offer available 7/3/2007 - 7/31/2007

Never see that it only applies on the FWD not on the GT AWD. Find yourself another dealer.