Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bigsbigs Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the response. BTW, these forums are great, tons of useful info. We cleared it up. Just had to go to the Mazda site, build the vehicle and the Closeout Bonus Cash pops up. Had to click on, fill out the info, print out the certificate and bring it when i pick up the car.
  • markmark Member Posts: 16
    With the list's and moderator's consideration, I am posting this question once again as I did not receive any replies. With all this talk of CloseOuts and various discounts X plans S plans, the following is the vehicle configuarion I'd like to buy at this time. I have no relatives working for Mazda or Ford and am not active nor retired military. Of course I'd like to get the best OOD price and will take delivery preferably in CT but am willing to travel to MA or NY for a significant price difference.
    Prices are MSRP as listed:

CX-9 Grand Touring AWD $33,875

Destination Fee$ $595

ASSISTANCE PACKAGE $2,500
    MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE $1,760
    TOWING PACKAGE $525
    ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS $125
    CARGO MAT $77
    CARGO NET $40
    FRONT/REAR SPLASH GUARDS $125
    MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR $60
    REMOTE ENGINE START $350
    ROOF RAILS $250
    WHEEL LOCKS $50
    Total MSRP: $40,332

Do we qualify for these X/S Closeout pricing? How?

Has anyone purchased in this configuration and can advise on a price or price range we should try for? Located in the Northeast (CT). I'm willing to take delivery in the NY-NJ-CT-MA area for the best price.

Mark Levine, D.C.
    Torrington, CT
  • imamgimamg Member Posts: 136
    RE: x and s plans... you have to be an employee of mazda/ford or for the s plan reffered to by one. X plan is more restrictive... any vehicle will qualify for those plans...
  • x5savx5sav Member Posts: 46
    Here is the S Plan price on your configuration:

CX-9 Grand Touring AWD $31,322

Destination Fee$ $595

ASSISTANCE PACKAGE $2,150
    MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE $1,514
    TOWING PACKAGE $387
    ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS $100
    CARGO MAT $77
    CARGO NET $40
    FRONT/REAR SPLASH GUARDS $125
    MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR $61
    REMOTE ENGINE START $280
    ROOF RAILS $200
    WHEEL LOCKS $40
    Total S Plan price: $36,891

Remember you have extra $500 off from Mazda (You can get more detail on the mazdausa website). Start your negotation on the S plan price. Told dealer you get a quote on this (of course don't tell them this is the S plan price) and work from there. Do not satisfy with the first offer. Good Luck.
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    ...now if you can find one like that this late in the season you are lucky...I was looking for one similar in NJ and never found it..and you engine start option better be from factory, otherwise the only dealer that will guarantee that is the selling dealer...
  • dma123dma123 Member Posts: 4
    What state did you purchase? What is the "S Plan"? Also, I am looking for a Touring AWD with rear entertainment system. Dealer initial price was about 1500 over invoice, which I won't pay. Also claims a NY assessment of $404 in addition to destination fee. Anyone have to pay this?
    I am looking at a Touring AWD w/ rear entertainment system. Dealer initial price was about $1500 over invoice (way too high). IN addition to destination fee, wants to charge a $404 NY assessment fee. Anybody hear of this?
    I am also looking for a touring AWD with rear entertainment system in central jersey. did you buy and what was the price?
  • jmailjmail Member Posts: 20
    could be the advertising fees. I'm not sure if dealers will give on this but you could definitely try.
  • dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    It seems there is some dealer incentive now available on the CX-9's or they're ready to cut into their holdback.

Here's a dealer ad for $3041 off MSRP which is $863 below Invoice.
    http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/Ads.aspx?adid=4772444&advid=521937&subid=16870675

Remember, you can also add the Mazdausa.com Closeout Bonus Cash of $500 and get the 0% APR for 36 months.
  • njdbonjnjdbonj Member Posts: 11
    Recently almost purchased a CX-9 in North Jersey. Was charged $364 for a 4-year registration fee. Does this sound right? Also, was charged $269 doc fee.

If I transfer the plates from my trade-in instead of getting new ones should I be able to get a break on reg/title fee?

What kind of fees are people seeing out there?
  • trini5trini5 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a CX-9 Sport 2WD :confuse: within the next 2 weeks and was quoted the following:
    Original price - $29,630
    less discount - $ 2,000
    ====> $27,630.
    I got the salesperson to give me the options at invoice price.
    Moonroof/bose - $1514, Remote start - $280, Splash Guards - $100, All weather mats - $100, Alarm - $160, Roof Rack - $200. Total : $29,984. I assume I can also get the $500 mazda cash back. Has anyone gotten a better deal out there? Thks Trini5
  • trini5trini5 Member Posts: 3
    I went to the mazdausa.com site and builtmy car and filled in all the screens to get a quote from a dealer, but the $500 certificate never popped up. Am I doing something wrong? Trini5
    The dealer was Wayne Mazda right?....$364 is the charge for 4 years that DMV is trying to get all involved in...if you are transfering your plates then your registration will be only for 1 year and not for 4 years which what the state would like to have. The $269 doc fee is outrageous plus the $200 stching have people walking right out on them regardless of how nice of a price they got.
  • rapatelrockyrapatelrocky Member Posts: 4
    I got quotes from a few central NJ dealers and all gave the $364 charge for four years and all were in the $269 range for doc fee and the one that was "$500 below invoice" was really at invoice, as the $500 covered the "NY ASSESSMENT" and something else. That dealer was invoice on options, and I went over tonight, but they did not have _any_ GT AWD w/ Assist package left in stock. (I am looking for Blue car and it is hard to find a blue GT AWD w/ assist, moonroof/bose, and i really want the roof rack and it would be nice to get remote start along with mats and cargo mat/net..
    Any suggestion on NJ or Langhorne/Philly dealer that may have that configuration in stock at a good price? - Thanks!!
  • todostodos Member Posts: 13
    I am in North Jersey. I traded in a Ford Explorer for a Copper Red CX9 Touring with Nav, moon roof, remote start, roof rack etc., Bought it through Ramsey Mazda after much searching..

PLease note that Ramsey Auto Group including Mazda has a $500 off (new or used cars)coupon on their website. I used this to my advantage when purchasing, and this was before the new $500 incentive from Mazda. I just checked the website and its still there at www.ramseymazda.com on the right side.

I did not go for the 4 year registration through the dealer. Instead I transferred my plates from my Ford and it cost only $73 for the first year's registration. My sticker is good through 2011 and all I have to do each year is log on to the DMV site and pay $41 per year for registration.

So you figure I paid $73 for the first year registration plus another 41 per year for three additional years, thats only about $200 bucks out of pocket for 4 years as opposed to paying these dealers $364. I just saved myself a bunch of money on car registration i.e., $164... Hey I should get Geico.

One thing i was keen on doing because i had a trade in was inquire of the difference between their full fees and transfer fees, which is what I opted for.

Most fees are within the $250-299 range... The cheapest fee I encountered was $125, yes $125. But here was the catch. The dealer charged $115 to "clean and prep the vehicle". In other words there fee ending up being 240. But they made it seem that it was only $115.
    I think that either you will compromise on what you get in a CX 9 07 or you will have to wait for the 08...there were very few GT AWD to begin with and epuip the way you wanted there are more difficult to find. If you get a remote start make sure it came with the car and it is not dealer installed otherwise your guarantee will be limite to the dealer where it was installed...besides you are opening yourself to a whole lot of electrical problems (and I don't care who says what...youa re playing russian roulette..)
    It also appears that the $269 doc fee is becoming customarily...
    I can't understand since I know that Dayton Ford got sue over this and they return monies to their customers as part of a settlement with 2 lawsuits...maybe the situation was different than it is now...I was their customer for 15 years..they just went out of business with FORDS...
  • x5savx5sav Member Posts: 46
    svofan2, there is a member at Fatwallet.com giving out S plan pin. http://www.fatwallet.com/t/24/656214/

Good Luck. :shades:
    Great tip.

If I want to transfer my plates do I first call DMV to do that or do I just mention it to the dealer?
    I looked into it some more. You are right. I think most NJ dealers will be in th $364 range for reg fee. This is from the state. They want four years up front. Transferring plates from a trade-in is definitely the way to go if you can.

And I called my insurance company about etching. As long as the car comes with an alarm, window etching is worth zilcho.
  • just_philjust_phil Member Posts: 86
    Keep in mind that you can only transfer plates if they are for a vehicle of the same weight class. I haven't looked up what the classes are, but I know that an average sedan will not be in the CX-9 class. So, if your previous vehicle was an SUV, then you probably can transfer the plates.
  • todostodos Member Posts: 13
    You can transfer plates in NJ from any vehicle to any vehicle. The difference comes down to vehicle class and price. In other words which class is your car/SUV in and the fee to transfer it in and out of that class.

My explorer was in a different weight class from the CX9 which is why it cost $73. The dealer originally informed me if it were the same class the fee would have been $51.

You do not have to call MV. What happens is the dealer does the transfer and gives you a temp tag for 20 days or something like that- do not remember the definitive date. When they receive the registration, they call you in to remove the temp and put on your plates. My plates are still in my car. I am waiting for the dealer to call me with my updated registration.
    Any thoughts what Mazda will do at the end of July? Will they extend the bonus cash offer? I mean they are still going to have to clear out a lot of cars as the 08s start to arrive.
  • unixxusunixxus Member Posts: 97
    Mazda has released the 2008 pricing information for the CX-9. There is a price increase for all models.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/pricing_update/CX9-2008-pricing.pdf
  • cynfl1cynfl1 Member Posts: 7
    I was trying to get the $500 cash back bonus coupon when building a cx-9, and it never popped up last week. It is too late now to even get the coupon because the offer ended 7-13-07, according to customer service. Does anyone happen to have any extras laying around?
    Yes indeed! Price is increased approx $400. But you get a 3.7 & blind spot system now standard.
  • winedogswinedogs Member Posts: 102
    Cynfl1,

I have one that I did not use, how can I get it to you?

Matt
  • luvcarzrichluvcarzrich Member Posts: 36
    Anyone have an update on when the '08s may be available and/or stats like engine performange/mpg in print?
    2008 CX-9 Highlights:
    Approx $400 more MSRP => 1.3% increase.
    New 3.7 liter V6 engine w/ Direct Injection
    273 HP @ 6250 RPM
    270 TQ @ 4250 RPM
    They retuned the 3.7L for more low end torque 21 ft-lbs increase in TQ at 250 RPM lower than before and a 10 HP increase. This torque curve improvement should really help the overall performance on the CX-9.

Mileage: highway mileage stayed the same and the city mileage improved by 1 MPG and that is with the stricter 2008 EPA regulations!!
    Bluetooth: now standard on ALL CX-9 models.

Blind Spot Monitoring System (Luxury Package)
  • jrdahljrdahl Member Posts: 3
    Does anybody know if Mazda has any special 60 month finance rates or know a 'best' 60 month APR? thanks
    You can send it to the carspace e-mail: cynfl1@carspace.com
    That would be great! I was thinking about holding off on buying to wait for another cash back deal, but I'd buy if I had the coupon.
    Done, let me know if you received it!

Matt
    Thanks dashbb. I'm definitely waiting now until the new ones roll out. Any idea when they'll hit the lots?
  • poof100poof100 Member Posts: 20
    Mazda has 0% up to 36 months on the CX-9 right now and 5.9% up to 60 months. We got the 5.9% for 60, better than the credit union had. This is for only 07 models though.

The 08 3.7L CX-9 engine WON'T have Direct Fuel Injection. The rest of the specs are the same though.
    Yes, you're correct. They backed off the Direct Injection feature.

Starting September 15, we should start seeing 2008's on the dealer lots. Remember, these are coming on a ship from Japan. The 2007 inventory is currently VERY high & we should see additional $1k-$2k in discounts when the 08's hit the showrooms.
    Further discounts on the remaining 2007's or on the 2007's and 2008's?
  • longhorn83longhorn83 Member Posts: 2
    cynfl1

If you are going to wait for the 08's, I could use that mazda coupon. I am looking at purchasing a 07 CX9 GT AWD. You can send it to mad_maxx30@yahoo.com. Every little bit helps.

thanks

longhorn83
  • aray1aray1 Member Posts: 6
    I went to the dealer today, he said the price increase on the '08 was $719. I saw earlier posts that said the price increase was ony $400. Any idea where I can get the source of this info, may I can negotiate down 300.

Also, he offered 32,900
    for a Touring AWD
    with Moonroof/Bose and Mirror with compass
    Does anyone have any thoughts if thids sounds like a good deal?
    The pricing is at the Mazdausa.com site. I believe its posted around here somewhere as well.

Was that $32,900 on an '07 or '08? If '07, does that include the $500 rebate?

The dealers are starting to get the '08s. I would think Mazda would up their $500 rebate in August - but am no expert on such items....
    Its for a 2008. The dealer could not find an '07 vehicle that I wanted, so he suggested that I order a '08. I am assuming that the $500 does not apply to the '08's?
    I would think your assumption is correct and that the $500 would not be good on the '08. Looks like your price is about $1400 off MSRP. Not sure but maybe could be better. I'd ask one of the experts to chime in.
    Just announced! Now you can get $1000 MAC rebate AND 0% financing for 36 months on any new 2007 CX-9.
    Never got it. Can you try to resend again?
    Tx
    Where did you see the extra $1000 MAC? I just looked on the Mazda website for their incentives in my area, and it's not listed. I also just saw a commercial, and it wasn't mentioned.
    Got an email from Wilkins Mazda (Chicago) dealer. Called & confirmed.
    I just talked to the dealer I have been working with and he said the $1000 MAC rebate only applies to Cx-9 Sport and not the touring or the grand touring models
    You are correct. The $1000 MAC Bonus Cash is only on the SPORT model. This doesn't make any sense to me but that is what the marketing folks at Mazda decided to do. Oh well...
    Looking for your comments/feedback.
    For a CX-9 Sport AWD w/ Bose, Sunroof & Power seat.

MSRP $33,140
    Invoice $30,532
    Discount $1,700 ($1000 MAC + $500 coupon + $200 holdback)
    Fin Savings $2,500 (0% vs putting cash in 5.5% CD)
    Net Cost $26,332
    % Deprec 53% (from Leasing forum)
    $ Deprec $17,564
    3yr Own Cost $8,768
    Tried again today. I hope it goes through.

Matt
    Thanks, I did get it, but unfortunately can't use it. It can only be used by the person listed on the certificate. Very disappointed, but I can't keep waiting for a better deal to come along, so I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy it before month end. Thanks again!