Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mazdaduckmazdaduck Member Posts: 40
    Awesome deal Sat, you even beat the Mazda duck! Well done!
  • Options
    omaloomalo Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Hopefully you guys can help me out. I just got an S-Plan price via email for a Touring, Pearl White, Bose/Moon Roof, Power Liftgate, 6 CD audio package. The sticker is 34,377. The S-Plan quote is 32,004 with 0% finance. This appears too high to me according to some of the deals the were posted on this forum. My thought is that the price should be about 1000 less even with the 0%. Thoughts?
  • Options
    satman714satman714 Member Posts: 2
    Based on the deal I got in Miami it's 2000.00 to high. I did have a lot of good things going for me. Last day of the month,bad salesman and hungry dealership. Even so I feel it is at least $1500 to much. Offer 29,900 and don't go higher than 30,500 and I bet you get the car plus the 0%. If they ask about financing before just tell them that it has nothing to do with your price. My guy was so dumb he never even brought it up. They wanted to run my credit and I told them no until we had a solid deal. I locked them at $30,000 got it signed off and went to finance. I never mentioned finance when I did the deal. They assumed I had no idea about 0%. When I went to finance he tried to tell me 0% was not available on the CX-9. After I told him BS he walked out to the sales managers office and they all hung there heads, they knew the jig was up. He came back and said he made a mistake, it was available for the CX-9. I also did not have to make my first payment for 90 days. It will be due 6-29-10. So it is really 63 months interest free. This is what I did, it may work for you. The last day of the month and last place salesman I think helped me a lot.

GOOD LUCK

Satman
  • Options
    chaoticchildchaoticchild Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, I have a question regarding Edmund's TMW price.
    Would the Edmund's TMW price be the "correct" or lowest price for a particular vehicle. What are you guys experiences with TMW price.

For example, the TMW price for 2010 GT AWD w/ Bose and Moonroof & Power Lift Gate in NYC Metro is $34,029 with $37,450 invoice.
    I intend to email my local dealer and offer them $34,029 and not an penny more.

What do you guys feel about it. Is the Edmund's TMW price "correct", too high or too low???

Thanks........
  • Options
    buyer101buyer101 Member Posts: 80
    I have the exact same configuration and color that you describe, in FWD

Paid $29,662 + Tax + DMV charges for an OTD of 33,500

This was a 100 % cash deal done on last day of Nov 2009
  • Options
    9honda89honda8 Member Posts: 20
    Suggest when posting we mention what state we are in which helps others with their pricing . Secondly you must read this vital information from James Bell a
    car dealer. It is the finest piece on scams that I have seen. Hope this Helps.

http://www.videojug.com/user/USEX0136/
  • Options
  • Options
    Sorry I'm in New York :):)
  • Options
    fastjfastj Member Posts: 4
    Omalo, there is one thing regarding my sales price of $31,255 that I didn't know at the time of my post above because I finalized my deal over the phone on the last day of the month with a dealer 200 miles from my house. I bought the exact same car you are looking at (MSRP $34,377). When I picked up the car on Friday and signed off, I noticed the sales price was $31,755 but then a $500 rebate from Mazda was assigned to the dealer bringing the price to what I was told via email and phone ($31,255). Apparently there had been an auto show in the Dallas Fort Worth area so there was an available $500 rebate. The salesman didn't mention that on the phone so I guess the dealer's actual sales price was $31,755 rather than the $31,255 I posted.
  • Options
    omaloomalo Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the info everyone. I forgot to mention I live in New Orleans so I would think the price should be close to the deals I'm seeing in Florida and Texas. I just missed out on the auto show rebate last month in my area. None of the dealers had the options I was looking for. I think I'll start working on getting the price somewhere around 31,000 and call it good.
  • Options
    tronbombtronbomb Member Posts: 7
    I purchased the exact same vehicle (GT AWD, NAV, Moon roof/bose package, Roof rack, bumper guard, power gate) in February for $35712.00 with 0%. Push the dealer some more, I guarantee you can shave off some extra cash from their price. Dealer include all-weather mats (front and rear) and cargo net with the deal also.
  • Options
    parker2009parker2009 Member Posts: 6
    looking at the touring with nothing extra (ie: no moonroof, bose or lift gate...just standard touring model). what would be a good price? i was going to try to get $30,000 OTD (ca sales tax is 8.75%---ouch, i know). too low, too high?
  • Options
    Front Wheel Drive or All Wheel Drive???
  • Options
    Edmunds lists *True Market Value on the Front wheel Drive as $28,606.00
    " " " " " on the ALL Wheel Drive as $29,923.00

This is what other people are paying according to Edmunds. I would not
    go higher. If I absolutely Had to mention a price to the Dealer (Never do this)
    begin about $400 to 500 below *TMV then go up to *TMV if you must.

My honest opinion.
  • Options
    My apology I see you mentioned ***OTD*** with your 8.75% the lowest number I see is about $30,674.00 OTD. on a FWD touring with sale price of $28,206.00
    ($400 below TMV). Hope I havent confused you further.
  • Options
    it would be FWD...so maybe start at $30,000 OTD and hope to get somewhere around your $30,674 number? might swing by tomorrow to see what they can do, thanks for the help!
  • Options
    mardi777mardi777 Member Posts: 6
    GOod morning, I lease a mazda 323 2010 36 month 12m a year. they gave me the car but they call me and told me that I have to turn the car back because the bank did not approve the loan. WHAT??? they told me that everything was fine, I did some research and it was a spot sell or something like that....ok my question is..they want me to return the car today. but i had the car for 30 days since I sign for the lease..my question: if I return the car, do i have to pay money to them? why they give me the car and now if i give the car back, I dont have a car..i need to go to work and school? what should I do? Please ..any legal advice on it???
  • Options
    gobluejdgobluejd Member Posts: 41
    This is a common scam. Call the bank yourself. The dealer will get you back in and try and get you to pay more money cause you are already emotionality attached to vehicle. DON'T GO TO THE DEALER CALL THE BANK.
  • Options
    rjazz66rjazz66 Member Posts: 3
    Just left my local Mazda dealer with this quote:

2010 GT AWD with Bose/Sunroof, power liftgate & 6 disc display audio pkg
    Sticker: $37,450

S-Plan: $34,531
    Tax (Michigan) $2084
    Docs $190
    New plate $125
    MINUS Rebate $685

OTD $36,245

I feel like the prce should be closer to $35,000...am I crazy?
  • Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    ...as a matter of fact call the dea;er back and ask them to provide ALL the information about the bank refusing your loan application, because your attorney wants to talk to the bank and get matters settled. Do this without any emotion and like a very light conversation....see what happens and then lets us allknow good luck...usually this is a scam...do you really believe that the dealer would allow you to drive off whithout them having their money secured?...they are smart NOT stupid...
  • Options
    Mardi777
    You do not have to do anything. Tell the dealer you have a signed contract that you are happy with. You have no intentions of renegotiating a new deal. But first dont take my word for it, click on the link below and see for yourself.
    Or copy it into your browser.">link title

http://www.videojug.com/interview/car-buying-scams
  • Options
    vg33e powervg33e power Member Posts: 314
    For sure call the bank to see if this is true. A few years ago I bought a brand new truck and after a week or so I got a call from the finance manager asking me to come back in because they failed to charge me enough money to cover the license fees. I simply answered:

"Too bad, that's not my problem. We agreed on an amount you printed a legal contract you signed and I signed. It's not my fault you failed to do your math and calculations wrong. If you are short money from this deal, I am sure you can make it up somewhere else. Dont call me again"

The finance manager was speech less and we hung up, never again did I receive a call from that dealership again.
  • Options
    aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Most banks send you a letter saying you were not approved. If this was a lease, then the bank is Chase. Unless, your Mazda dealer went through another bank with an unsubsidised lease.

Chase's number is 1-800-458-3756
  • Options
    buyer101buyer101 Member Posts: 80
    Super !
  • Options
    cj69cj69 Member Posts: 16
    Edmunds shows TMV price of 32,277 for AWD Touring w/ Moonroof/Bose package. Does anyone know if this price includes the 1,000 rebate?

I would like to use the 0% financing, so when I go to dealer should I realistically expect to negotiate 32,277 or 33,277?

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Options
    colonelswifecolonelswife Member Posts: 2
    Hello from North Carolina.

Just got a quote which I think is a steal. Let me post it here to see if I'm delusional.
    CX9 Grand Touring. Moonroof with Bose Package, 6cd changer, power lift hatch, park assist which includes the ZCD display
    OTD $32990

Has 800 miles on it. Owner said it was his show car.
  • Options
    tjxtjx Member Posts: 32
    My American Express Buying Club dealer's deal in the Washington DC area is any CX9 with any options at invoice plus $99 processing fee. I pay only sales tax and tags. The dealer will also take off an additional $1000 if I do not use the zero percent finance or pay cash. I can get any CX9 for $1000 below invoice, plus $99......is this a good deal?? Greatly appreciate any opinions since I do not negotiate well with dealers and would rather go through a buying club.
  • Options
    colonelswifecolonelswife Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a great deal. $1099 bucks under invoice? Yep. I'd ask to see the invoice. Write down all the options on the sticker, come back to edmunds and select those options and the site will calculate what the invoice should be. Doesn't hurt to double check. But, if it pans out and they're not trying to pull one on you, I'd say it's a great deal.
  • Options
    aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Write down all the options on the sticker, come back to edmunds and select those options and the site will calculate what the invoice should be.

The only thing Edmunds wont account for is the local assessment fee, if applicable. That is a fee charged by Mazda to the vehicle, and differers from region to region and Edmunds does not track them.
  • Options
    chuckml97chuckml97 Member Posts: 11
    About 1 month ago, I bought my GT AWD with nav and power liftgate and moonroof for $35,550 that is about $600 below invoice plus 0% finance. I can get additional $500 off if no 0% finance.

I emailed and called all the dealerships in SF Bay Area. The internet sales manager gave me the price on the phone, I just went to the dealership to test drive and got it. The whole transaction takes about 1 hour.
  • Options
    newmommy1newmommy1 Member Posts: 2
    that sounds like a great price...what was your total "out the door" price if you don't mind my asking b/c in the philly area, they all charge different doc fees and other fees so I am trying to compare apples to apples. Thanks
  • Options
    sv2010sv2010 Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to buy CX9 in next few weeks, need to check if following price is reasonable in New England - tri-state area.

FWD 2010 CX9 Touring + Bose + Moonroof + Power Gate + Cargo Mat

Dealer original sticker - $34500

Dealer asking price - $31200 + $399(Tittle/Reg.) + $299 (Doc Fee) + 7% tax

my offer price - $29300 + $399(Tittle/Reg.) + $299 (Doc Fee) + 7% tax

what you guys think? max I would negotiate is up to 30k. If, I decide to go for Sports without anything extra, it would be 26k + doc + tax.
  • Options
    mazdaduckmazdaduck Member Posts: 40
    I paid $33k completely out the door for the same car in Florida with 0% financing. The New England market might be different though. I would recommend negotiating up to $30k max + the fees and tax. You will be getting the car just over $33k out the door with zero percent financing. If you are not taking the 0% financing, offer up to $29k max. I would not purchase a base Sport, I think you will regret paying a lot of money for a new car and not having the leather and the nice features of the Touring (i.e. rear camera, bose, power lift). Follow my negotiating tips as revealed in earlier posts. Good luck!
  • Options
    sv2010sv2010 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks! so price that I have in mind, its kind of close.. I'm not interested to buy until deal can be finalized under 30k +tax + title/doc OTD max = 33k.

-sv
  • Options
    Run this car thru Truecar.com and see what you get.
  • Options
    Out the door price is about $39500. Sorry, don't remember exactly. Too lazy to check.
  • Options
    csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    Can you tell me which dealership this was. I have the exact same vehicle as you but the FWD in SF Bay area for $34988. So basically for $500 more I could get the AWD or have my price lowered further. If you can tell me the dealership, I can try to negotiate this further. Tks.
  • Options
    I got mine from menlo mazda at redwood city. I can not post the salesperson's name due to forum rule, but the key is internet sales. Basicly, I got the price via email and phone alone with the internet sales manager. It will be hard to get the same price if you just walk in to an dealership and start bargin there.
  • Options
    Cool. Yeah my bought my Mazda3 there in 2006 and helped my friend buy his CX7 last month. I have been doing everything over the internet department. Makes life very easy and all you do at the end is go and finish paper work.

I did get another dealership yesterday offer me a GT FWD with moonroof/bose, Liftgate, Nav for 600 under invoice as well.
  • Options
    First, gotta say I'm jealous of you guys on the east coast...sounds like you all are getting amazing deals. Here in San Diego, not the greatest offers. Just got a FWD Touring (white) with no extras. Car was $28,700 and OTD $31,700 (tax is 8.75%) with 0% financing. Looks like I got it a little under invoice but not by much.
  • Options
    pbernnerpbernner Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    what you guys think of this price of Touring FWD with Bose/Moonroof/Camera/pwr-liftgate?

OTD = $33650.00

how much max should I pay? :shades:
  • Options
    I think you can get any model for upto $1000 below invoice. Its hard but its not impossible. Then u can add the usual taxes etc,
  • Options
    nyckiboynyckiboy Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2010
    Hi,

First of all, thank you for this very informative site.

Just got a TOURING CX 9 AWD (Bose / Moonroof / Power Lift Gate / Rear Camera / Wheel Locks / Cargo Net / Pearl White) for $35,309 OTD.

Did I get a good deal? Sticker price was $36,117.

I feel like I could've gotten a better deal especially them ripping me off with a $399 doc fee, which wasn't clearly explained.
  • Options
    Closed the deal on a CX9 FWD GT with Navigation, Moonroof, Power Open/Close Rear Hatch, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Roof Rack, Remote Engine Start, and Wheel Locks, MSRP $38,685.....Out the door price including Tax, Tags, and Processing Fee, $35,554.65
  • Options
    That seems like a great price. What was the price before the tax, title fees etc? Did you finance or take the 0% deal? Was it all cash deal? Where are you located?
    What dealership?

Thanks
  • Options
    jotter1111jotter1111 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for this great discussion. It is helping me keep perspective with my shopping.

I asked for a price on a GT AWD with an msrp of $41,385 and an invoice of $37,827. Dealer is offering $37,827 + fees = $41,824 out the door with 0%. Am I right to assume that people are getting about $1K less than invoice out the door w/ 0% interest? So, this dealer is a bit high?
  • Options
    Just realized the dealership put a wrong amount for taxes...

Selling price before taxes and fees was $32,334

The sales tax listed was 2371.31, where it should've been 2263.38 (7% for NJ).

Is there anything I can do about this?

I thought I got a great deal since TMV for my car was $33,151 and I got it for 32,334.

However, OTB price was 35,309.
  • Options
    n_s_subra1n_s_subra1 Member Posts: 2
    Here's the deal I am getting for AWD Touring with the mon roof package (moon roof, Bose, 6 CD changer, Rear camera pic on dashboard, advanced keyless entry). Vehicle cost - $33,290 ($100 over invoice per the dealer) and out of door price of $35,698.
    Is this reasonable or am I getting creamed ?
  • Options
    Purchased through the American Express Buying program. American Express will refer you to a participating dealer that will sell you the car at invoice. In my case, I did not take the 0% finance deal therefore the dealer took another $1000 off the invoice price. I drove 200 miles to a participating dealer in Maryland because Maryland has a state law that caps the rip-off documentation/processing fee at $99 per car. Since I handled this on the internet and phone I persuaded the dealer to take another $500 off if he wanted me to drive 200 miles each way, price now $1500 below invoice plus I still had to pay the $99 doc fee, my state taxes and tags. (I failed to mention to him that I had relatives in the Washington DC area anyway, made for a nice weekend!)
  • Options
    seems like we almost got the same car.

mine was pearl white, had the cargo net, all weather mats, wheel locks... pretty much everything (for the touring trim) except the roof rail.

the cost before taxes and fees was $32.334