Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stevieb02777stevieb02777 Member Posts: 6
    Jam0pers...What was your final price?
  • zxedzxed Member Posts: 18
    I did not purchase one and I am satisfied that I did not.

When trying to figure out if this is a deal or not. keep in mind that this is a 2010 model; pretty much other comp has 2011's out... for a few months now.

GM at a local dealer wanted to get rid of his last 2010 GT fully loaded AWD and was okay with $4000 below invoice + 0% 60 mo + no maint,. etc., etc., et this is a month ago.. ive "heard"... not verified., ppl say they have dealers offering them $7k off + 0%.. i have a feeling that what they are being offered is $7k off MSRP., not invoice.,

its about time i unsubscribed from this post :)
  • jam0persjam0pers Member Posts: 9
    total came to 35,358 (went with black)...includes 6% tax
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Me neither. I decided that I'd go for the Acura RDX. We've had nothing but good luck and 140,000 miles on our MDX. The quality of the build looks so far superior, I'm buying an RDX.
  • katpelkatpel Member Posts: 1
    I scored an S plan Pin after a ton of trouble with my Cx-7. ( Can't get the Mazda zoom-zoom from any other vehicle I've tested, so I'm going for a AWD Grand Touring 2010 CX-9. ) First dealer offered the printed S Plan price and nothing else off. Am I wrong to think that there should be additional discounts? I thought that S Plan and Invoice were going to be a lot closer.
    Invoice $ 31, 685.
    Retail $34, 215.
    SPLAN $36,720
    Out in the lot they've got a $39K+ sticker on it.
    My husband came on gang busters with the manager of the dealership and I saw the guy's face change and show anger...for just a second. Did we "negotiate" ourselves out of all that we could have gotten with a kinder approach?
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Paying S-plan privcing this time of year is crazy! People are paying $1 - $2K LESS than invoice (S-plan).
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    the S-Plan price is printed on every vehicle invoice. Your numbers must be off somehow.

An AWD CX-9 Grand Touring does not have an invoice of $31,000. Most GT's have either the moon roof & Bose audio system or navigation, which pushes the invoice up to the mid to upper $30K range.

Ask the dealer to show you the invoice, and you will see "SPLAN" printed on the bottom of it.
  • cardsfan1cardsfan1 Member Posts: 11
    Purchased today, AWD GT, Stormy Blue, Bose/Moonroof package, roof rack, wheel locks, MSRP $37,950

Paid $33,782 + TTL (this was with the 0% financing)

I was close to purchasing from another dealer and decided tro take another look around. This deal was $700 less than the first dealer and they paid $800 more for my trade. I am in the Chicago area and bought from a dealer in Southeast Wisconsin.

Sometimes the best deals are the ones that never happen!
  • brianb50brianb50 Member Posts: 25
    Spoke to a dealer today:
    MSRP is $38,250
    GT AWD Bose/PLiftgate,Roof racks and AutoStart

Sale Price $34,156
    -2,000 Incentives
    +398 doc fee
    +199 window etch
    +250 DMV fees
    -------------------------
    33,003 grand total before taxes

The taxes in are county 8.625%

Is this number unheard of or is it possible?
  • fantfant Member Posts: 25
    That number is unheard of. If you can get that deal take it.
  • quattrodocquattrodoc Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2010
    Hi all, couple of things - brianb50, did you get the 0% financing too? Also general question for all of you. I've had a couple dealers say I can have either the 0% or another $1000 in discount, but I don't see anything on the mazda website about any limitations on the 0% financing? Any insights on where to read about this?
    The Price $34,156 is with 0% finance, 32,156 is with 2000 incentives/rebates what ever they call it. I have a loan already setup at 2.59% for 60 months. I still come ahead $500+ dollars.
    All of the dealers I spoke to offered the 0% OR $2,000 rebate, not both. I purchased for $33,782 with the 0% and could have had $31,782 without financing. Based on the amount I financed, the 0% worked out better than the $2,000 rebate.
    Cardsfan1 How do you like the car so far?

I just got an email from another dealer with the same pricing roughly, It wouldnt have Roof Racks and Autostart but pricing is almost the same. I guess they really need to move these cars, to make room for 2011.
    I really like it so far. The car belongs to my wife, so she has driven it al lot more than me. She is thrilled with it. This car replaces a 2006 Honda Odyssey. She has been driving vans for many years, so I really had to convince her that we did not need a van anymore. No regrets!
  • iamnot007iamnot007 Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2010
    I am getting a quote for $30350 + TTL on the 2010 AWD Touring w/MoonRoof + Pwr Lift Gate + wheel locks. This is without the 0% financing.

What do you guys think?
  • 9honda89honda8 Member Posts: 20
    Look at the CX 9 info here on edmunds and click on incentives when you bring up the screen. You will see wording like this "Dealer engagement program ($2,000.00)
    NOT combineable with captive lender finacing. Translation 0% finance OR 2,000.00.
    Word of warning take Nothing for granted until you write the check and take the
    car. Promises are worthless and ADD ons by the dealer is forever. ;)
    edited October 2010
    iamnot007: You might be able to do better, maybe it demands on what part of the country you are in.I found a better deal then I listed before Dealer #3.We are getting AWD GT Moonroof/Bose and wheel locks for 31700 no 0% finance (GT is 2000 more then Touring). I have checked with at least 6 dealers.

At the original dealer (I didn't list on forum for that deal) he quoted me 31444 for a Touring. I'm so glad I checked dealers out of my area.

Reason I say its Better, the other dealer on my previous post Dealer #3 in NJ wanted 399 doc and 199 for window etch. Now its in NY State with 75 doc fee and no window etch fee. We are getting the roof rack and the auto start put in for 600 comes to 32,337 . Dealer #3 was at 32,156 with roof racks and auto start plus 399 and 199.

Good Luck enjoy the search it fun.....
    Thanks BrianB. Thats a great price you are getting. Are you getting the Mazda loyalty discount? Can you please PM me the dealer info? TIA!
    No I'm not getting Mazda loyalty discount? Dealer was saying Mazda is giving them some sort of incentive to move the CX-9's. The dealer said 2010's are still coming inbound from Japan.How do I PM on here?
  • naughtycanaughtyca Member Posts: 22
    I just bought a cx-9 touring with the technology pacakge 30,121.00 out the door

the touring basic i was getting quote of 25200 plus tax tag and title

Hope this helps, email me if you ahve question mainard1@hotmail

tampa florida, dealers, ferman, wesley chapel and be careful with countryside they will try a bait and switch. i bought from wesley cahpel salesman is tommy d

goodluck
    I have sent you a "friend" request. You can respond to that message with the details. Thanks!
    I have a good offer from a dealer #1 for a 2010 AWD Touring. Another dealer wants me to forward him that mail with the offer from dealer #1 to see if he can do better.

Do you guys think this will in any way affect my deal with dealer #1 in case the second dealer is not able to match/better it?

Please let me know. TIA!
    Did you get the email I sent with Dealer name?

Not sure how you should handle the email to another dealer. Maybe just copy prices and nothing else and paste into a new email if possible.
    iamnot007: did you check the pricing on Truecar.com, my deal is coming in lower then what it shows on Truecar.com.
    Brianb50 - I did not get your email with the dealer info. Can you please send it across again? Thanks!
  • minnu2minnu2 Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2010
    Friends, I need your help. I got a quote for the GT FWD for 27K++++ and I thought its a very good deal. But when I planned to take that deal the sales guy said sorry that was for the base sports version, he gave me wrong pricing ( I still have quote in e-mail and it was also on their website and now they changed it) Do you think its a silly trick to rope in customers into dealership or should he stand by what he quoted. May be I`ll have to start over. Can you also tell me best deal for the sports package 2WD. Thanks in advance.
  • jam0persjam0pers Member Posts: 9
    Guessing it was just a mistake..a GT at 27K is a loss for everyone...I doubt it was ever real...
  • jcpharmjcpharm Member Posts: 92
    he probably did know what he was doing (duping you) but you will never be able to prove it. move on. there are other good deals (not THAT good) out there.
  • rstoergerrstoerger Member Posts: 17
    Looking for an CX 9 AWD with Nav & DVD, power lift, roof rack, mud flaps, remote start, trailer hitch, and rear bumper gaurd. At MSRP $41,415. Will be purchasing at 0%/60mo. Given that they are still bringing boat-loads in (which my dealer also confirmed), what do you think I could get it down to? BTW, we loved liquid silver but also the dark blue.

Also, I would like to add a bumper-to-bumper warranty to cover a full 7yr/100K from Mazada. How much am I looking at here.

Thanks to all in advance.
  • andychanandychan Member Posts: 9
    was offered the following price for a 2010 cx-9 fwd (black) with navi/towing prep/bose system and wheel locks for $32,860 + ttl and 0% APR for 60 months. Please be cautious when the dealer offers you a really low price. They are able to do this with the 2K incentives from Mazda-USA. They can only apply 1 or the other, not both. So in my situation, this was the lowest I rec'd with the 0% APR. I think is pretty darn good? Any opinions?
    defint. a switch and bait. make him honor the price or you will walk. there's always other dealerships to go to. .....e.g. don't go grocery shopping when you are hungry...
    minnu2: What options are you getting with that price?
    I sent a message again, maybe I'm not doing it right. Check your My CarSpace and go into mail I think it should be there. Sorry

We picked up the car and got the price qouted had an excellent buying experiance.
  • andimissandimiss Member Posts: 4
    I think that's a great price. I was offered $31,696 for a vehicle w/o the navi/towing, etc. at Jeff Haas Mazda in Houston.
    Got your message. Thanks and Congrats on the car purchase. How many miles did your new car have?
  • minnu2minnu2 Member Posts: 10
    Uptade: I have decided to move on. I guess the deal was a bait. Thanks to all who replied.
    It had 3 miles on it, now it has 60. It is sweet.
    andychan: That seems to be a great price, if that is with 0% your getting a deal. If you go to truecar.com and put in options it comes in within 500 bucks. We picked up are car for within 500 bucks but not with 0%. Maybe it depends on what part of the country your in.
    Good luck and enjoy the search.....
  • lee_mdlee_md Member Posts: 2
    I've been trying to work a few dealer for a 2010 Touring AWD with the power liftgate, moonroof/bose, roofrails, remote engine start, auto-dimming mirror, all weather mats, wheel locks. The best out-the-door price I've received is $35,100 with 0% financing and Mazda loyalty cash. Actual price before TTL is $32,740. What price do you all think I should be pushing for?
  • hellotheworldhellotheworld Member Posts: 4
    hello andimiss, is $31,696 for Touring or GT? Is it OTD or price before TTL? What is MSRP? Thanks! I am also in the area and want to buy CX-9 too.
  • mantar1mantar1 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote from a dealer for Mazda Cx9 AWD with Nav, rear entertainment,wheel locks, splash guards,All weather proof mats for $ 35737.plus tax and tags. this is after $2000 discount. No 0% APR. can I negotiate for $37,500 Out the door.Would that be a good deal??
  • icemann29icemann29 Member Posts: 3
    I got mine with Navi, power lift gate, moonroof, bose for $34526. I researched at cars direct and truecar.com. They started with 39k, which was unreal. The manager came out with the invoice sheet of $36515. I insisted on my price, and told him that I will walk away. They gave it to me anyway. The dealership still makes money. Truecar.com great price is $33821.
  • mantar1mantar1 Member Posts: 2
    Did you get this price at 0% APR or with $2000 off?
  • zchengzcheng Member Posts: 4
    What's the MSRP for the car your are purchasing. I am also in the market for a new cx9. thanks.
    edited October 2010
    We got 6k off MSRP for our purchase. Now we didnt go with 0% we took the 2k off. We are actually ahead with financing at 2.59% for 60 months because of the 2k off the price. Like everyone one said its either 2000 or 0%. We beat the true car price by $485 and beat car direct by $1219. MSRP was 37,700 got car for 31,700.
  • icemann29icemann29 Member Posts: 3
    I did not get the 0% APR, but the MSRP was $39,515, even with the 2k off, I still got it 3K below. You need to go to truecar.com and mazdausa.com, identify what you like and search inventory. If you can see the chart you want to be in the Great price area. Keep in mind that the dealer will give you the invoice, don't believe it, stick to your price or walk away. Don't waste your time. Good luck.
    We purchased our CX-9 Touring AWD/MoonRoof/Power Lift Gate/Wheel Locks for $30255 ($31384 OTD) earlier this week. This was w/o the 0% financing. The MSRP on the vehicle was $35827. Guess we got a decent deal.
    You did good, the dealers on Long Island wouldnt move on price and the trade in price very low. I really think it depends on the market, what price you will pay. Anyway enjoy the car its so sweet, it's my wifes but I enjoy driving it.
    my wife and i are the proud owners of a new 2010 cx-9 navi. just bought it from the dealership for $35,250 OTD..w/ 0% APR. thought this was pretty good. any feedbacks? also, dealer told us that the bumper to bumper warranty is good for only 12K miles or 1 year whichever comes first. I thought it was 36 months/36K miles bumper to bumper and 5 years/50k miles power train. Any inputs are greatly appreciated.