Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ak1900ak1900 Member Posts: 3
    Hi There,

Just to let you know the final numbers..Here is the deal I got.
    Let me know if that is OK ?

2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    Packages:
    Rear seat Entertainment Package
    Navigation Package
    GT Power Liftgate Package
    Rear Step Plate

$34,250 + Taxes + $300 (doc prep) + $150 (Regn)

They offered me CNA extended warranty (10Y/120K) for
    $1732. Is that a good price ? It is called Factory Wrap Plus
    warranty and covers most of the items. $100 deductible.
    Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
  • sbaleasbalea Member Posts: 5
    If the car is ok, (brand new, no test driver / demo vehicle, no issues with it, etc) then take it, it's a great deal. About the warranty, not sure, you might want to shop around.
  • steve439steve439 Member Posts: 14
    The lowest quote I have gotten so far for a 2012 CX-9 AWD Touring with no other options is $28,787 plus tax and DMV. Is this a good price? Does anyone know a place in New Jersey where I can get better?
    Researching the incentives it states dealer to manufacturer $1750 and 0% financing with $1000 off. It seems from the Edmunds incentives that these can be combined. The dealer insists that it is one or the other. Does anyone know the truth?
  • mike_homemike_home Member Posts: 17
    2012 CX-9 AWD Touring for $28,787 is better than any price that I have found so far in New Jersey. Which incentives does this include? Are you taking the 0% financing? Which dealer quoted this price?
    I was told by the dealer I visited is the incentive is $1000 dealer cash and 0% financing or an additional $750 dealer cash. You cannot combine the financing and $750 incentive.
  • mytangomytango Member Posts: 1
    Where in NJ is this dealership?
    It is Hamilton Mazda in Hamilton NJ.
  • dman127dman127 Member Posts: 2
    Currently looking at the AWD Touring, with Liftgate & Bose/Moomroof options and without.

Getting prices roughky $600 below MSRP. Not use the Mazda Loyalty or Trade rebates.

My question is:
    Is anyone getting $6000 off MSRP AND 0% financing? I am being told that it would be $4000 off if I want the 0% offer.

Thanks for your help!
    edited August 2012
    I found very good pricing through truecars.com. Also if you buy in New York the dealer doc preparation fee is maximum of $75 by state law where New Jersey dealers usually charge anywhere from $300 to $400.

Does anyone know if Mazda usually comes out with additional incentives over Labor Day week-end?
  • tculltcull Member Posts: 6
    Looking to purchase a 2012 GT AWD in Mass. Options include moonroof package, power liftgate, towing, roof racks etc. that brings the list to around $39,600. Black on black.

I am wondering what a good price to pay for this would be? Also how would the price differ with and w/o the 0% financing?

Thanks much in advance for your thoughts.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    When I researched the CX9 last year, a CT dealer said he could drop whatever price we negotiated by $1000 for NOT taking the 0% financing. I did not buy one due to the complaints about the poor GPS system used by Ford and Mazda. I wonder if that has changed for 2012/13
    600 below MSRP or $6000 ??? Your post is confusing.

It looks like the target is $6500 below MSRP for a fully loaded '12 AWD
    Thanks - that sounds about right.
  • dman127dman127 Member Posts: 2
    Bad typing. $6000 off sticker.
    Is anyone getting that and 0 percent?
    I know Mazda just increased their manufacturer to dealer incentives. Does anyone know if they will be coming out with additional incentives for Labor Day week-end?
    I don't think anyone will know until the August sales month has closed. Mazda may increase the incentives if there is large inventory of 2012 CX 9 vehicles left to be sold.
  • scootercx9scootercx9 Member Posts: 5
    Have an offer from a dealer for a 2012 Touring AWD w/ Bose/Moonroof, Power Liftgate, hitch, roof rails, MSRP is $36592, sell offer $31929 + TTL. Good deal or not in Colorado?
    It is a fairly good price if it includes the 0% 60 month financing and not a current Mazda owner. Otherwise you should be able to do better.
    edited August 2012
    It is a lease offer, and I will be turning my existing CX-9 lease in. How much off MSRP should I be able to negotiate with a lease and the Mazda incentives?
    I know if you don't take the 0% 60 month financing, then you get an additional $750 dealer cash. Current Mazda owners (not sure if you are a Mazda owner since you lease) qualify for an adiitional $500 dealer cash.

I bought a 2012 AWD Touring without the Bose package and automatic lift gate. I didn't take the financing and not a current Mazda owner. I got $5920 off list price. You should be able to get a similar deal.
    All 3 offers I have are invoice price less rebates, so about $5,300 off. Probably about the best I am going to do around here. Wonder if things will get better for us after Labor Day...?
  • berkshiregrlberkshiregrl Member Posts: 5
    I'm in the Berkshires but go to Boston weekly. I was looking at Quirk Mazda in Quincy (dealerrater has them the #1 dealer in MA). Their online "special" for the Touring AWD is $7463 off with a price of $29,999 and 0% financing. That seems pretty good to me. I'm torn between this car and a volvo but the price on these is really attractive and although I loved my Volvo I also spent a LOT of money on repairs. Oh, and Quirk seems to have a huge stock of CX-9's so I'm wondering if the price for Labor Day will be even better or should I just by one now while there's a good choice.
    Yep, I bought today, picking it up next week after they put the hitch in and tint the windows. I'm happy with my price and got 2 other dealers to finally get that low, but both were a much further drive.

Your price sounds too low, I'd be Leary of add ons at the table...

My dealer thinks everything will hold for Labor day, but I got the only one with my combination left in the area, so didn't want to wait any longer.
    Yeah, I'll have to have my NYC native husband deal with the dealer. I'm terrible at this stuff. But it does seem like there's decent inventory left. Have fun with your new car!
    That's quite a price. I was looking for the fine print like after your $3000 down or other such nonsense. I didn't see any, perhaps in microprint LOL.
    The incentives are supposed to be good through September 4. I am in New Jersey and received a quote through Buyers Edge (Truecar) of $30432 for Touring AWD with moon roof and tailgate. $6270 off msrp. It does not quite match Quirk in MA.

I once missed out by Nissan by buying three weeks before presidents day week-end where they dropped the price $1000 for the holiday week-end. Does anyone think Mazda will do this for Labor Day week-end?
  • owweeowwee Member Posts: 1
    What dealer did you use in NJ? Did you use the 0% financing? So far the best I've gotten on that exact car with the 0% financing is $31632, but I'm asking them to take back my 3000 over mileage leased CX-9 too.
  • ppkkppkk Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2012
    Hi there,

I got the following prices for a 2012 CX-9 GT with AWD, plus Moon roof, Bose, Nav, power lift gate, Roof rail and tow hitch, total MSRP of $40,295 and I got the following quotes:

- $34,784 paid cash (no 0% financing)
    - $36,784 with 0% financing

Prices exlude tax and all fees. The dealer told me there is $1,000 rebate with 0% financing but $3,000 rebate without it (paid cash), hence the difference of $2K in above prices. I do not have another Mazda so I do not qualify for the loyalty program.

Thoughts on the above prices? If there is room to move, how much should I ask for?

Thanks!
    I bought my 2012 AWD Touring at Hamilton Mazda in Hamilton, NJ. They have a good inventory CX9s available.
  • krnewjerseykrnewjersey Member Posts: 4
    Mike/Scooter
    you guys seem to have the best insight..
    I am going today to get m CX9

Grand Touring AWD - Moonroof and power lift gate
    accessories:
    Roof rails and crossbars
    All weather floor mats
    Cargo mat
    Stainless steep rear bumper guard
    Wheel locks
    Price is at $35,419 - 0.0 financing.. I am in NJ...Can you guys let me know if this a good price? MSRP is at $39240 - not including the cross bars which are at $95 invouce
    I think there is at least another $1000 of room to negotiate. How much is the documentation fee? This is a place where dealers make an easy profit. Are there any other fees other then the tire tax?
    Getting it from NY dealer...doc fee is only $75 - and out of state registration for transferring plates is $241.
    You mean there is scope for $1000 negotiation with 0.0
    I would really appreciate a response on this one, I am hoping to conclude negotiations today...
    You are being offered $3800 below MSRP. Mazda is giving $2250 cash to their dealers. If you don't take the 0% financing the dealer cash is $3000. You are not getting much of a discount.

I think for this time of year with the Mazda incentives a reduction of $5000 off MSRP is reasonable.
    Thanks for the feedback. Are you suggesting the $5K discount off MSRP should haven been with 0% financing?

In the end, I added a few options and bought the car for $35,474 vs. an MSRP of $41,300 which means $5,800 off list price, but I paid cash for it. I would certainly have preferred taking advantage of the 0% financing but the dealer wanted another $1,800 for that (it would have been nice to know the difference was only $750 at the time I was signing.)

In the end, it seems I still got a decent price, but could have got 0% financing for slightly more, which I would have preferred.

Thoughts?
    Thanks Mike.
    One clarification.. $5000 of MSRP for 0.0% financing or not taking the financing?
    if the above for 0.0 financing, how much less for not taking 0.0 financing?
    the local Mazda dealer here that they wouldn't get the new Sept deals until Tuesday (they're closed until then). They had 2 CX-9's left , a Touring and a GT and I drove the T as it has the power gate, leather, moonroof, Bose options I wanted but he didn't even try to sell it to me really. Said he'd have a better deal on Tuesday. (This IS the Berkshires and people are pretty laid back-no dealers are open Sunday or Monday this weekend).

Meanwhile the best price I got through Truecar for a T (not quite sure with which options though) was $28,862 with the qualification that your "minimum Guaranteed Savings" off MSRP is $4968 so basically the $5,000 off. I'll be in Boston next week so am going to check out Quirk and Gallo in Worcester where the Truecar price came from.

I also drove the Volvo XC60 and Ford Flex and Lincoln MKX (both for no real reason...) today. I still think the Volvo is a nicer ride but the 60 interior is way too cramped compared to the CX-9. I used to have the XC70 and that is more comfy but not sure the price difference is worth it as I can still use the third row seats in the Mazda as my boys are only 14 so I'll be carting them and their teammates around for a while yet. I'm thinking the Volvo type car needs to wait until I get rid of the kids. The Mazda guy also noted how much cheaper the Mazda is to maintain. My husband HATED my Volvo-every time it needed work it was some outrageous amount. But it did drive really nice and felt really safe but the CX-9 felt quite substantial too.

In closing I'll note that not one single car dealer actually tried to sell me a car today. Only in the freakin Berskhires do they not have any problem letting you drive around all day and then leave.
    If you don't take the financing I was told you would get another $750 in dealer cash. This would make it $5750 off MSRP with no financing, or $5000 with financing.
    edited September 2012
    What configuration and dealer is the $31,632 with 0%? I received $30,432 but without the 0%. This was for AWD Touring with moonroof and tailgate. I was told that the promotions read $3000 off with the 0% or $1000 off with the zero percent. This is also the way it reads on Edmunds.
  • nf9fnf9f Member Posts: 1
    Hello--I am looking at a 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD with these extras: 6CD with display, power liftgate package, and moonroof/6CD package. MSRP $36,842. After several negotiations they are offering it for bottom line $26,952.11 (INCLUDING $5,300 for my trade in) and 2.6% financing. I would greatly appreciate input on this final price. Thank you!
  • value_buyervalue_buyer Member Posts: 1
    Hi Y'all,
    I got quoted 31,367.00 for 2012 GT CX-9 FWD with Moonroof/bose, roof rack, power lift gate. It doesnt have navigation and the price is before taxes or fees. Exterior color - Crystal White Pearl.
    What do you think about this deal at this time of year?
    My wife and I went out last weekend to drive and compare the Mazda CX-9 GT and the Highlander Limited. While the Highlander drove nice (maybe a little smoother than the Mazda) we were not at all impressed with the interior. The seating configurations were not great and overall it seemed much smaller.

We settled on the Mazda and I am ready to pull the trigger on a top of the line GT (still undecided if we want Nav or not). In any case with what we want for options the MSRP is around 39,500 w/o Nav and 41 with Nav. I am looking to get a good deal on this as it is end of model year etc. I believe 0% is still an option as well. My question is what would be considered a good deal for this. I would be extremely happy with 6K under MSRP and 0%. Is this unreasonable? Any comparisons or guidance would be most appreciated. I am looking to do some negotiating tonight.

Thanks,
    Tracy
    If you didn't take the 0% financing then $6K under MSRP is reasonable. I was able to get $5920 off MSRP for a 2012 AWD Touring, but with no 0% financing. Perhaps on the GT there may be a little more room for negotiating. I was told the financing is worth $750.
  • sbaleasbalea Member Posts: 5
    Don't think in terms of MSRP. Go to edmunds.com or carsdirect.com and figure out the invoice price of your desired configuration. From that subtract incentive prices, currently $1000 customer cashback and $3000 dealer cash. That's your starting price, and I wouldn't go much higher from there since the dealer will still make a profit from holdback, doc fees, etc, and they'll be happy to get rid of a '12 model.
  • lisalmlisalm Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I have a negotiated price of $33,000 for: a 2012 Mazda CX-9 (AWD) with both packages (Moonroof/Bose, Power Liftgate) plus auto-dimming mirror with compass/Homelink, remote engine start, roof rails, stainless bumper cover, all-weather floor mats, cargo mat and cargo net. This is for cash purchsase. I am in the Philly suburbs.

Is this a reasonable price--about $600 below Fair Market/True Market value on both Edmunds and KBB. It is 5K below MSRP and $2447 below invoice.

The question I had is about this $3K incentive I've heard about--it looks like this is purely for vehicles financed through the Chase program and wouldn't apply in any way. Also, Edmunds says that it takes these kinds of incentives into account when calculating a True Market Value.

TIA!
  • davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    If you need to finance to take advantage of the $3000 do it and then send the entire payment to pay off the loan in the first or second car payment.
    Thanks
    ThAnk you!
    So I had a good experience at my local dealer. Ended up buying a Dolphin Grey/Sand GT with Bose/moonroof and power liftgate plus a few other options for $34,000 even. What a great looking car.

Will finance for around 2%. Sticker on the car was $39,425 plus I had them throw in wheel locks for good measure.

I feel I got a pretty good deal, plus the dealer makes his cut, and we are all happy. To top it off this was the first car sale ever for the new sales person who was extremely pleasant and happy. And as an added bonus the car is for my wife who is extremely happy as well!

Thanks all for your replies.

--Tracy