Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• trondeautrondeau Member Posts: 4
    I just got back from dealer...I got almost the same offer. $5400 under MSRP with $295 documentation fee. No other fees. Not a demo - car had 6 miles on it. Original MSRP was 40,300.

I did have a trade (97 Saab 9000 with 122K miles). I wanted 2K, we settled on 1K. I could have sold it on Craigslist, etc. but I didn't want to deal with it.

So, not the best deal on the board but overall I got the exact color/options I wanted. I made the deal and drove it home. Yay!
  • racmurphyracmurphy Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all who have posted purchase prices here. The info helped me, so I want to pass it on.

On 4/29/08 I traded in my 01 Odyssey(127k miles) for a CX-9, Touring, w/RSES, roof rack and homelink-compass mirror.

I dealt based on out-the-door price, so I wasn't concerned with how much I paid for each line item, such as doc. fee. My out-the door price was my van + $28,481.

Edmond's invoice: $32,493
    My costs: Base Price: $31,086.13
    State/Metro Tax: $1,937.65
    Drive-out tag: $5.50
    Doc. Fee: $398.75
    Busin. Tax: $52.97

Trade-in: Edmond's value: $3,522
    My trade: $5,000

I'm comfortable with this overall deal and didn't have to haggle too much. Slightly better deals can likely be had.
  • kartdadkartdad Member Posts: 44
    I just started looking at the CX-9. I found a local dealer that had a few used but didn't have the packages I wanted. He offered up a new 2008 Touring 2WD (I don't need AWD) or Nav. (already have top of the line protable Nav) with Moonroof and Tow Packs for $30,857..........$1500 under invoice........and that was just through a few emails. I thought that sounded pretty solid even without sitting down yet!

Is this in the ball park?
  • sunnytags1sunnytags1 Member Posts: 2
    Can somebody share their price paid for mazda cx-9 in dallas area in tx ? I am looking for cx-9 touring.
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Keep you trade as a separate transaction (if you have one). Some people think they got a good deal, only to be taken on the trade.

Watch out for extra fees, Mazda dealers like to add extra fees.

Good Luck! Please post your numbers once you close a deal.
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    >> Keep you trade as a separate transaction
    I am not sure I got what you meant by it.

This is what I did when I bought vehicles.
    I e-mail as many dealers as in my driving range for a quote (all except for TTL).
    I make sure I tell them that your dealer will be excuded if you don't reply with a
    real quote with $$$$.
    I pick the lowest three dealers among them based on the responses. I drive my trade-in to those three dealers for appraisal.
    Then, the lowest two deals (new vehicle cosr minus trade-in) is picked. I then, bargain between 1st and 2nd dealer for either raising the trade-in or lower the new vehicle cost. Finally, the lowest one prevails.
    I may go out to the dealer and take the CX-9 on a demo for a few hours. The wife is hedging a bit on buying right now, but if I can get her actully to the dealer and she drives it then hopefully we can work a deal.

My plan was to negotiate the best price, (which hopefully will be less than $30,500 with no extra fees + T and L)...........then tell them I have decided to trade in my car......I would think once the price is set they don't have much room to move except to try and steal the trade.........but I think if I am somewhat realistic about what I expect to ge for it, then a deal can be struck. Plus the car I am trading in needs some expensive motor work that they may have to address before selling it at their dealership or moving it to a wholesaler.........

I did stop by another dealer on my way home yesterday but they only had 2 CX-9's in stock (small dealership) and they were both the GT........didn't even talk price I just wanted to get some more info about the car.........had some questions on some options and seating, etc.........wanted to see it in person and compare it to the Audi Q7 which is another vehicle we are considering..........

Will keep you posted...........
    Thanks for the replies!! Much appriciated!
  • c_rexc_rex Member Posts: 14
    The CX-9 is completely comparable to the Q7 in feature richness and comfort. But in no way are they similar by pricing. We just picked up our CX-9 last week and had considered any number of the higher end CUV's. Everyone has their own idea of value but for us it was a no brainer. Considering what you get for the money you may consider getting a GT afterall. Best of luck in your evaluations.
    Well, the wife agreed to go check out the CX-9.........she really loved it...it drove beautifully.........good power, solid ride and feel.......tons of room the kids really liked.

We had planned on going with the Touring FWD, with moonroof and tow pack........but then she decided she wanted AWD and also thinks she would rather have the Grand Touring model since you can get the black interior with the Copper Red Mica.........weird you can only get sand with the Touring...... The price quoted was $30,857 for the FWD touring with the above options. To upgrade to the GT AWD including the same options brought the price to $33,562, exaclty $1500 under invoice MSRP was $38,100. So is that a pretty good, ball park price for a GT AWD without Nav? We didn't formally write it up, but the saleman was very helpful and did a dealer locate for us. But there weren't any Copper Red/Black interior GT AWDs in the immediate area.......only a Galaxy Gray which she doesn't really want.

Something that I did not expec though was that he said at the price quoted I couldn't get the 1.9 for 60 months. If I went with the 1.9 the price would be the invoice price ($1500 more). Is that accurate? Said the $1500 he was able to take off was some dealer incentive cash that Mazda gives the dealer if the vehicle is financed by Mazda, but goes away if the person uses other financing so the salemans said they reduce the price of the car $1500 to help out the customer and to sell more cars.........??? I would think that it doesn't really matter who finances the car........the price is the price.........

So, I think we are going to wait until a few months before we buy. Maybe closer to when the 09's come out.......price and incentives could be better too. I was ready to roll the sleeves up and crunch numbers, but the wife has a bit more constraint than me....lol. But again, it is a nice vehicle! Never was a Mazda fan, but the CX-9 fits our needs pretty good.
    So Mazda is offer $1500 factor to dealer cash, that is good to know!

Mazda is also offering 1.9% finance deals to the customer.

Normally, those are two different programs that should impact each other.

With this in mind, $1500 below invoice and 1.9% should be a standard deal for this car.

Any thoughts?
    That's what I thought too. Push for at least $1500 under invoice and 1.9% for 60 months..........not one or the other.

Any idea when the 2009's come out?
    Normally, those are two different programs, they should not impact each other.
  • wukwuk Member Posts: 12
    as stated previously, got right around 1000 below invoice plus 1.9% for 60. This is in chicago area, purchased on April 26th (AWD Touring).

Don't accept the price if they are only offering invoice.
    So, $1500 below invoice and 1.9% should be obtainable.

Good Luck!
    That is what I thought. I contacted the dealer about finding a GT AWD in the Copper Mica and Black interior, but I only wanted the Moonroof and Tow pack........there aren't any in Washington and Oregon with just those two option packages.........the ones out there in the color combo are all fully loaded with the GT assist package, which I don't want. And he also told me the best they could do is $500 under invoice and 1.9 for 60. The other option is to go with Sand interior, which the wife wasn't thrilled about.

Not sure I want to step up another $2000 for the GT assist.........already have a portable Nav that I can use with it. If they will do $500 under over the phone, odds are they will do at least $1000 to $1500 under once I am there, but I can always go to another dealer and play them against each other.

Will keep looking for now....
  • cocopuffs809cocopuffs809 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I'm looking for a CX-9 Touring 2008 CUV in hawaii. Or 2007. I was reading a lot of these post and was shocked many are selling $5000 below MSRP. So did the dealer just offer that? How do you think the CX models are selling in Hawaii and if I could get similar deals. I'm also looking at CX-7's 2007 and 2008's.

Thanks
    Vince
  • stephem3stephem3 Member Posts: 7
    I've been reading up here on the 2008 pricing information and have a few questions about where I should end up if I go for a 2007 instead. A few years ago we were in the same situation with a Mazda 6 GT wagon and we went with the current model year b/c they just couldn't make the previous year a significantly better deal. I am wondering if we can do better with the previous year (2007) this time.

I am looking for a GT AWD with the Nav package, moonroof and towing (optimally), but I would take one with every single option (or even fewer) on it if the price is right. I can use SPlan, but suspect for 2007 (as well as 2008 as others have pointed out) that I can do much better than SPlan. What are people's thoughts about how low I should start on a fully decked out GT AWD? Are we talking 3k under invoice? more? I don't even know what's left in inventory, but I have to guess they would want to move a decked out 2007 really badly right now. Ideally I would like to take advantage of the 0.9% interest rate that I see for 2007, but that shouldn't impact the price I negotiate, should it?

Finally, for the 2008 models, it seems like there is some debate about whether dealers will both apply the $1500 factory-dealer cash and let you get the 1.9 % interest rate, so that you have to settle closer to invoice if you want the cheap financing. Any more anecdotal evidence out there so I know how much I can continue to try call BS on this one when I go to the dealer?
  • linellelinelle Member Posts: 1
    I was offered a very good deal on the CX9.....about $3100 under invoice without the 1.9% financing, and a good deal on my trade. The only thing I had to agree to BEFORE buying was to give the dealership a perfect score in every possible question Mazda would later submit in their buying experience survey.
    The CX9 was off my short list in about two minutes. There is a reason Mazda is at the bottom of the J D Power '"Dealer Satisfaction"
  • dc4alldc4all Member Posts: 6
    Just bought today with:
    GT assist
    Bose moonroof
    blind spot monitoring
    pearl white
    wheel locks.

Edmonds invoice says $35,353, msrp $38,500 but the calculator won't allow for the blind spot option. Strangely enough the TMV price said $36,940 which would be $1587 or so OVER invoice for my area? what gives? Is the San Diego more expensive or s the TMV not so great for negotiation?

Anyway, ACTUAL msrp was $38,715. Invoice was $35,690 which included BSM (really cool on the drive home!) and a San Diego advertising fee of $150.

They offered over the net a weekend sale of $5000 under msrp which came out to $1653 under invoice but without the 1.9% financing which I wanted.

We agreed on 0 down, 1.9% financing and price of $34,690 or $1000 under invoice before TTL.

Very low stress and I'm satisfied with the deal- the best similar car at a different dealer was $300 over invoice if I wanted 1.9%

What are other people paying in SoCal?
  • labaetelabaete Member Posts: 1
    What dealership did you purchase at??
    Westcott Mazda, National City Mile of Cars.
  • srfiendsrfiend Member Posts: 2
    Here's my question.....I'd been eyeing this used GT CX-9 with 9100 miles, nav, and RES for a week now that had been offered at $34K as a internet special. We had given our offer at $30K out the door and had been denied. Lo and behold I checked the the webpage last night and the price had dropped to $27K for this vehicle.
    The sales mgr just called me and I told him about this new price and he stated that price was in error. As I was on the phone with him I printed the webpage with this price at the same time he was removing the ad.
    Well, I have this documented proof of the price in my hands now.
    What is my recourse with said internet price?
    usually they have the right to change the price at any time....advertised price isn't always right. it sucks, but that (i believe) is what you'll find.
  • nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    On the other hand, you could argue it was trying to do a bait-and-switch, i.e. you see the ad, you go to the dealer, and he tells you that's not the price.

Not worth your time arguing with the dealer, unless you want to threaten some sort of Better Business Bureau action in order to make him lower the price toward the initial $30k you had first offered him.
  • rjstanfordrjstanford Member Posts: 2
    We just picked up a brand new (2 miles) 2008 CX-9 GT with the good stuff - moonroof, navigation, blind spot monitoring, homelink mirror (wtf this isn't standard I don't know), even roof rails (which I didn't really want). Retailed for $38,990 and got offers of $34,823 with 1.9% or $33,323 cash - plus TTL, etc.

How did we get it? We live in Austin but I took about 4-5 hours of time over two days to call pretty much every major dealership within a 3 hour drive of us - that's covering the Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas areas - looking for people who had what I wanted at a good price.

We were treated very well by some folk, pretty abruptly by others, but ended up making a deal with the internet salesman at Freeman Mazda in Irving (near Dallas). Apparently I'm not supposed to list his name out, but its pretty obvious when you visit their website... He was very professional and pleasant to work with, as was their finance person (whose card I don't have on me at the moment).

Anyway - the short message is to give him a call if you're in the neighborhood. The long message is to take some time to call around when you know what you're wanting. I actually went back to the salesman at Roger Beasley in Austin we'd been dealing with and gave him the chance to come close on the deal - if he'd been within a couple hundred dollars we'd have gone with him anyway, both for convenience and for the fact that he was very helpful during the decision making process - but not for the $3k or so we were off :)
  • cuteladylincuteladylin Member Posts: 2
    Hello, does anyone know the RV and money factor for 2008 cx9 lease in maryland area? Also how do you calculate the money factor i was given these figures on a AWD GT WITH NAVI mrsp 40000...

24 month 36month
    60% ($24,009) 49($19,607)
    Rate Factor: 00136 .00181
    Monthly Payment: $663.61 $612.64

what is the interest rate actually? thanks
  • live2skilive2ski Member Posts: 25
    MF * 2400 = interest rate

.00136 * 2400 = 3.264%
    .00181 * 2400 = 4.344%
  • ezyeezye Member Posts: 2
    I asked for a $1000 under invoice and 1.9 financing at Westcott but was countered with $750 under and 1.9. I ended up paying $550 under invoice because the car I wanted had to be obtained from another dealer. It was the best deal of the three local SD Mazada dealers. I'm not complaining.
    Options on car:

Mooroof
    GT assist
    Blind spot monitor
    Wheel locks
  • gahogsgahogs Member Posts: 15
    I have not been able to find any documentation that there is factory-dealer cash of $1500 for CX-9's. Last fall, CNN Money recommended the site, cardeals.org, to get their newsletter for such information. Their recent update did not show Mazda offering this.

With that in mind - I pose to folks - am I missing something? Do you know of another resource for such information?

Without the factory-dealer cash, it is hard to imagine getting CX-9's for $1000 - $1500 below invoice.

Any and all help would be appreciated. We are in the market and currently negotiating with dealers. Thanks in advance for the help.
  • badselfbadself Member Posts: 39
    I love my CX-9. Having said that, I don't care for the way Mazda does business with regard to being forthright about cash incentives and interest rates. Both seem to be interdependent on each other, and neither one stated unequivocally by Mazda North America. Back in April when I purchased, there was no direct cash back from Mazda North America, but some discretionary factory to dealer cash and enough holdback to get a GT with moonroof, bose, GT assist, autodim with homelink, remote start, splash guards, all-weather mats, blind spot, and the worthless crossbars that whistle above 30 mph in any position (sorry I'm getting off track). If I remember, MSRP was $40,500, and we got it down to $35,250 before taxes and tags, no additional advertising fees, etc.

The only change between then and now in market conditions that might make an equally robust deal a little less likely is the diminishing supply of '08 units (all factory orders from April forward are for '09 vehicles). This applies more to GT than Touring or Sport, but probably all to some degree. Then again, the price of gas has me thinking a little differently than I did two months ago. The CX-9 is staying, but the "03 Pilot might get replaced with an "09 Honda Fit in the fall. Time will tell.

Don't be afraid to ask $1,500 under invoice. Hell, I started much lower than that, and eventually had to adjust to reality or walk. I guess that point is different for everybody. Good luck in finding your CX-9
    Thanks for the reply and info, badself.

I got an offer for $1200 below invoice, so it would suggest something has to be in play from factory-to-dealer incentives for the dealer to come out of the gates with such an offer; however, again, the report mentioned in my thread above shows no such factory-dealer incentive in place for June. While I have received a couple of other very strong offers, most have been a little less reluctant to offer such a strong offer out of the gates (typical MSRP, offend-the-customer type offers). It is also possible the strong offers are perhaps storm damage vehicles, demos, or simply ploys to get me onto the lot, and then they will roll in unnecessary dealer and doc fees to recover the price. Nothing is for certain until you sign the bottom line. However, past posts on this thread suggest $1500 below invoice is the going rate, albeit a month or two ago.

I feel market forces are in our favor (gas prices, competition, etc.). Due to the gas crunch, public stats show Toyota has been selling 4 to 1 on the Camery over the Highlander, and I suspect Mazda is not too much different. The '09 Pilots have rolled out, and it has been a feeding frenzy in the Southeast for them, but that is typical of any new release, redesigned model. We test drove them all and prefer the CX-9, but we are not in love with it enough to force the issue on a deal relative to considering dealing with other manufacturers (Toyota and Honda). All things being equal and if I can get around $1500 below invoice (through customer incentives, dealer incentives, or a combination of the two), we will pull the trigger on the CX-9.

Currently there are no customer incentives from Mazda on the CX-9, but they have some pretty substantial ones on most of their other models right now. I think Mazda will probably roll some out in the near future, as folks will not be rational and probably favor other competitors simply over an extra mile or two in gasoline peformance ('08 Highlander: 18 city / 24 highway; '09 Pilot: 17 city / 23 highway; '08 CX-9 16 city / 22 highway). While it didn't ultimatley effect the decision of my wife and I, we did consider it, and I am willing to bet there will be a host of folks that will make their decision based on mpg performances in today's gas frenzy market!
  • coolpetecoolpete Member Posts: 30
    Judging from the activity on this thread, it looks like the Cx-9's are not exactly flying off the lots. Before somebody posted about the latest sale a few days ago (that too without the price), the last price paid post was on May 27th!!

That right there should say something about the market. I am currently in the market and am really torn between the CX-9 and the Honda Odyssey (which the wife is insisting we need), and while Mazda is being sneaky about their incentives, Honda dealers are going all out with their offers.

I have gotten such good offers on the Odyssey right from the first email that I am already wondering if it could get any better.

No such luck with Mazda. I have received an OTD quote of $ 31750 for a GT with only a single option of BSM and the dealer is claiming that this is $ 450 below invoice.

If the going rate is $ 1500 below invoice, by that math I should still be able to get the rate down to $ 30700 OTD?

Does this sound like a good deal?

I can almost feel the panic at Mazda dealers, especailly for these bigger vehicles and I can almost bet that they wil be forced to add more incentives at the latest by next month.
    CoolPete,
    Wait for a better deal, my guess is 0% financing when next years model comes out, but buy the CX-9 GT, it rocks!

I bought one for my wife last month and its just a blast. I gotta tell you, with the exception of the Audi Q-7 (optioned out at about $65-$70,000!) there is no 7 passenger vehicle out there with the style, performance and fun to drive quotient of the CX-9.

The Passport IS more practical though with 8 passenger capacity and mpg .....so its just a matter of priorities I guess.

I do know that no other SUV has a better safety rating than the Mazda, check and see if the Honda is equal or lower- if its lower theres all the rationalization you need for the Zoom-Zoom :-)
    dc4all,

I am a happy CX-9 owner as well.
    I would like to add that Mazda does not produce a lot of CX-9s in Hiroshima, Japan. They are selling all that they can produce. No inventory issue. The sales number is about 2200~2300 CX-9s per month.
    Just a quick follow up and an attempt to "Pay it forward" to those that took the time to post in past threads that helped me.

First, $1500 factory to dealer is 100% confirmed through at least the end of June.

Second, we finalized a deal today and a new CX-9 is in our garage. Here is our deal:

Grand Touring, Pearl White Mica Paint

OPTIONS: 1MC, JCP, MHR, BS1, WLK

TOTAL MSRP: $36,475
    TOTAL INVOICE: $33,595

Out the door price at dealer #1: $33,000
    Out the door price at dealer #2: $33,131

Notice both out the door prices are below invoice (for those wanting a translation for sales taxes and such, just subtract $1098 from the above prices to get our bottom line negotiated price) . We also were extremely impressed with both dealerships. It was a great buying experience, and we wish we could have bought a car from each of them! We didn't pay any sort of dealer fee (whether it be advertising, doc, or anything else you can think of). Naturally out the door price is our bottom line what we paid (sales tax, title included). Dealers were initially reluctant to quote the above, and it took a couple of days, but all in all, it was pretty painless.

We love our CX-9, and think hands down after test driving (twice) '08 Highlander and the '09 Pilot that the CX-9 edges them all out. We would recommend bringing some "sample groceries" and/or a suitcase... the Highlander space behind the 3rd seat is just frankly unusuable and horribly exposed in that scenario. The '09 Pilot makes you feel like you are ready to start patroling your neighborhood on behalf of the National Guard. Very "hummer" like in feel when looking out behind the wheel. On top of the space, well-thought out interior design, and great external looks, Mazda also has the Zoom! Zoom!, which made it edge out the Pilot and Highlander in our opinion. While there were aspects of the Pilot and Highlander we liked, in the end Motortrend knows their stuff, and we couldn't agree more. Mazda is kicking butt and taking names, and in our opinion would encourage anyone on the fence to test drive a CX-9 and consider it.

Good luck to others who are interested, and please "pay it forward" to others as they come onto these threads trying to make a purchase.
    Sorry - one last important note on the above post. We had no trade. So the deal was what it was without any other mechnisms in place for the dealer to make / recover profit. Bottom line (negotiated price) before TTL was $1693 under invoice for dealer #1 and $1562 under invoice for dealer #2. The car we purchased had 18 miles on it (14 of which we put on ourselves in the test drive). Again, no other fees (advertising, doc, dealer, etc.). They tried to tack them on, but we just wouldn't allow it and were willing to walk. In the end, we were just charged straight sales tax and title registration fee ($16.50) tacked on top of the above prices.

Another note -- regarding my comment on the $1500 factory-to-dealer cash through June. It is well documented on this forum, but I had wondered based on previous posts if it was available in only April and May but then pulled away for June... in a previous post, I noted it was not shown on the newsletter service recommended by CNN Money. However, the newsletter service missed it -- it is indeed offered in June as well. I suspect it will remain in place for awhile, but all I can confirm at this time is through June.

Good luck.
    Just curious, did you get the 1.9% financing as well?
  • coolpetecoolpete Member Posts: 30
    I can't understand those option codes you listed and cannot find them on carsdirect.com either.

Can you name the options if it is not too much of a hassle.

Thanks

Update: Never Mind - found all the option codes and pricing, damn man you did real good witht hat OTD price as you have almost $ 2500 worth of options in there. I think you got it almost $ 2000 below invoice.

Thats what it is coming up based on the price at carsdirect.com after you add all the options you listed.
  • alanirelandalanireland Member Posts: 2
    We are about to buy a CX9 (Touring) and have been visiting all local dealers here around Pasadena/Valley in CA. Was planning on 2008, but have been offered a very good deal on 2007 Sport that one dealer had left. low finance (0.9%) and good discounted price. wondered what downsides were? they would have to fit bluetooth device and upgrade to leather interior. would appreciate any advice. thanks.
    In a month, the 2007 Sport will be two model years old for the purposes of depreciation and total loss valuation, so if this thing lists for $30,500, I wouldn't bite for less than $6,000 off MSRP, plus taxes and tags and nothing more.

Then, you'd better pray the dealer can install your bluetooth and leather without major issues. Also, is your Sport going to have power seats like the Touring. I don't know, just seems to me, I wouldn't take the '07 at any discount knowing the '08 engine IS better than the '07, not just in specifications but more importantly in build quality.

At the end of the day, buy what makes you happy. If it's a CX-9 (whatever the configuration or year), you should get a nice vehicle irrespective of the deal. For me, that vehicle was an '08 GT with everything (moonroof, remote start, Bose, GT assist, homelink, splash guards, all weather mats) but Sirrius for $35,000 plus taxes and tags and nothing more ( like advertising, etc). However, to say I never considered a base Sport (to get into CX-9 architecture for way under $30K out the door) would be a lie.
    First, the 2008 has 3.7L engine while the 2007 has the 3.5L from Ford.
    The 08 engine was tuned and modified by Mazda (also enlarged bore to 3.7L).
    The intake was modified for better zoom-zoom feel. Acceleration 0-60 should also improve from 7.9sec down to 7.3sec (according to some magazine). More torque and more horsepower while no significant change in MPG.
    Second, make sure that the 2007 is not a dealer buyback due to unresolved issues (due to lemon-law, etc.) You got to suspect why there is still ONE 2007 left in the whole dealership. I would avoid it personally, but it is up to you.
  • alanirelandalanireland Member Posts: 2
    That all makes sense. He actually had two cars and the deal he was offering wasn't as good as the one you have outlined. Thanks for all your advice.
  • jferrettijferretti Member Posts: 4
    I am being offered a GT w/ homelink, Bose/moonroof, blindspot for 34,466 plus TTL. However, the dealer will knock off $2000 (confirming there is 1500 dealer cash plus 500 for being a program buyer) BUT they will not offer 1.9%. So in essence I can get 2000 below dealer invoice but lose the financing or pay 500 below invoice and get the 1.9%. Is anyone having the financing rate being used as a leverage point? I should be able to get this vehicle below invoice and with the financing.
    That's the Mazda game, better price or a better rate, but not both. I opted for better price (about $2K under invoice) because I was fortunate enough to have the cash available at that time.

I certainly like the vehicle; however, I wish Mazda would be much more forthright (honest) when it comes to their offers, the way they do business in regards to incentives is tantamount to fraud, IMHO.

I guess, in the end all that matters is the bottom line, and that's pretty close to where you're at on the deal you've described. Hope you enjoy the vehicle if you take it.
    > That's the Mazda game, better price or a better rate, but not both. I opted for better price (about $2K under invoice) because I was fortunate enough to have the cash available at that time.

Isn't that the same for every automaker? Better rate or rebate. Toyota has been doing this all the time. Even the GM's $2.99 gas guarantee has strings attached.
  • murrman67murrman67 Member Posts: 6
    Hey, I am getting ready to buy an '08 CX-9. Has anyone out there purchased in the Seatlle area recently? What deals have you gotten?
    Based on this site, I am hoping to get the 1.9% purchase financing AND leverage the $1,500 factory to dealer money to get the price somewhere below invoice - just wondering if anyone out there has had any recent experience in the Pacific NW (most experiences posted are from CA or TX and elsewhere). Inventories seem high (at all brands around here) so I am thinking they must be pretty motivated to make space for '09's.
    BTW, anybody know when the '09's will be arriving at dealers? Any news on incentive changes after June 30?
    Thx.
    Murrman.
    Can't help you with the Seattle market, but I can provide some information on the '09 CX-9. Production commences July 1, 2008, which should bring them onto our shores around September 1, 2008. Galaxy gray mica has been dropped in favor of "aluminum metallic". I happened to run across 2009 prices just surfing the net, and they looked very close (if not identical) to '08 prices. I think the prices may have been accurate because the color change information was accurate. Perhaps Mazda did not raise prices in light of the gasoline holocaust. At this point (in any major US market) aim for $5,500 under MSRP on a $40,500 Grand Touring. If you're also looking for 1.9 Mazda credit, the best you'll do is probably $4k under MSRP. If you're not in a hurry to buy, maybe waiting for the '09 would put you slightly ahead of the depreciation game if you won't be paying that much more for the '09, but the deal won't be as good up front at this point.
  • murrman67murrman67 Member Posts: 6
    WOW, you called it. We have a deal on a Touring FWD at $3953 under invoice with the 1.9% financing, PLUS they are adding the tow hitch (aftermarket) at no cost. The first dealer wouldn't go all the way on the $1500 AND financing - they claimed Mazda only supports either/or, but I find it interesting that the adds only promote the financing, rather than an either/or cashback/financing offer. I suppose the truth lies in our deal - we did get both. I basically told the sales guy that I had done my homework on Edmunds so I was shopping around and was ready to do a deal if he is ready to move another unit for the dealer holdback. We had a deal a couple of hours later. None of the back and forth, "I'll see if my manager will approve it" BS either. My sales guy is going to get straight A's on his eval. :)
    3953 under invoice would be a steal. sure you don't mean under MSRP?
  • jferrettijferretti Member Posts: 4
    Please clarify, you were able to get the vehicle for 4000 below MSRP and get the 1.9%? Or is it 4000 below dealer invoice plus 1.9%. If it is the latter, that is where I am having difficulty, being told that Mazda won't do both. You got a nice deal.